FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Gameplay is same guys , don't worry for now. Let's wait for day one patch and see.Right now ,it's as good as demo, no difference in online gameplay.

Figured, well I guess the pre-season tournaments with unlimited subs are slightly better than 3 random (well on PC I edit it to make 5 random) pre-season friendlies with 3 subs.

Except that (I presume) now that is a cheat: you take League 2 team, play a tournament and get $$$ and double your budget.

any impressions for online gameplay? how does gameplay compare from demo vs ai to online vs human? thanks

any impressions for online gameplay? how does gameplay compare from demo vs ai to online vs human? thanks
Slow, and tough.

It's hard-going, the defensive AI makes it difficult to advance. All the games I've played so far have been pass-fests, no exploits in sight (YET).

From the games I've played, it feels like you have to pass around more intelligently, which is great, but pace is now a blunt weapon (before it was overpowered but now it's useless) so games feel very difficult, and... Not "frustrating", but I can see it becoming frustrating eventually.

However, nowhere NEAR as frustrating as playing FIFA 15 online, obviously...

Great fun, though (until the kids get hold of it).

I've played FIFA and Pes (demos) back and forth and FIFA wins for me.
Interesting to see how the full games play out.

Slow, and tough.

It's hard-going, the defensive AI makes it difficult to advance. All the games I've played so far have been pass-fests, no exploits in sight (YET).

From the games I've played, it feels like you have to pass around more intelligently, which is great, but pace is now a blunt weapon (before it was overpowered but now it's useless) so games feel very difficult, and... Not "frustrating", but I can see it becoming frustrating eventually.

However, nowhere NEAR as frustrating as playing FIFA 15 online, obviously...

Great fun, though (until the kids get hold of it).

I'm really struggling to create chances on Professional and semi/manual controls. Playing a women's match over 6 min halves and I had 2 shots all game. Certainly a lot more difficult than FIFA 15 for me where I used to play on World Class and so okay.

The game, as-is, is no different from the demo. The speed etc. is the same, in my opinion. No doubt in my mind.

Even what I said about the superpowered passes - I think the only reason they're being miscontrolled is that you have to be a superstar from one of the demo teams to be able to use them effectively.

A few more positives and negatives...

+ I played in a pre-season cup game before I went to bed last night, Liverpool (me) vs Ajax (CPU), and it sort of put-to-bed my worries about the AI not being different enough per team.

It was totally unlike the other games I'd played (Liverpool v Everton, Liverpool v Valencia, Newcastle v FC Koln and Accrington Stanley vs IF Elfsborg, which all felt slightly familiar, though the latter game was a much scrappier game).

Ajax played fast, dangerous football and kept trying to hit the wings and the forwards (no idea if that's realistic for Ajax or not, by the way). I couldn't cope and eventually conceded the one goal, to a scrappy header (if there is such a thing), and spent the rest of the game trying to copy them and just get the ball to Ibe or Lallana. I was too late, though - they switched to a much deeper defensive line shortly after half time, and even though I managed 4-5 shots in the space of 15 minutes, their goalkeeper was like a cat.

Really enjoyed that - more than playing online, actually, which felt a bit too "we'll never get through this midfield alive" even for my liking (and I like a midfield game).

- The "train your players" feature is long-winded and repetitive after the first two times you use it, and there's no "just do all this for me" button - you have to go in, select the five players yourself, select the five drills (there's a large selection that do a large variety of things), then press "go". That whole process takes a couple of minutes every time you finish a game and I'd rather have a coach who does it for me, instead of just not doing it and sacrificing my players improving a little bit more quickly.

- If you decide to play the drills yourself as well, completing them with lower league players can be fucking impossible (though I've not tried them with Premier League players). There's a drill I was playing as Accrington Stanley where you're supposed to make scoring chances or score yourself, 2v2, and the goalkeeper (who's supposed to be a poor goalkeeper remember) fingertip-saves absolutely everything unless it's a world-class shot. In this scenario the keepers also run out when the AI is 100% sure it knows what will happen next, and this is painfully psychic - you can see this when you're past the last defender (but way outside the box), touch the sprint button, and suddenly the keeper bursts onto the screen and perfectly tackles the ball off you like he's an outfield player without you being able to "stop" the sprint and control the ball.

- That's not the worst drill, either. There's one where you have to run between a load of poles and after that, within a 100ft x 50ft area on the pitch, jink past the defender (who, again, is supposed to be as rubbish as you are). I played that drill three times, and it was infuriating. If you let go of sprint and try to control the ball past the defender, he charges into you and you lose the ball. If you try to sprint past him, your pace is worthless (see previous post), and he charges into you and you lose the ball. The ONLY way to get past the guy is if he tries to slide-tackle you and you auto-jump the tackle, and there's nothing you can do as a lower-league player to encourage that - you just have to hope he slides, and you jump.

Those training drill issues don't crop up (as much) in a match, but you can "feel" them in the background when the AI defenders are so much better at winning the ball back easily than you are, and when the goalkeepers have a golden half-hour and save absolutely everything you throw at them.

(Still genuinely enjoying the game, including the AI - I'm overly critical because I'd love the game to be perfect.)

Not a glaring negative for me. Actually Im more xcited.
I always felt all the teams in the demo play different imho. So I am not suprised at the comment about Ajax. I still enjoy the demo and see new things to this day.

I'm really struggling to create chances on Professional and semi/manual controls. Playing a women's match over 6 min halves and I had 2 shots all game. Certainly a lot more difficult than FIFA 15 for me where I used to play on World Class and so okay.

Can someone upload a game in fog if possible :-)
And different womans game to the demo teams thanks.

Last year I played FIFA on PC and got it two days earlier because I used hola and bought the US Version. Does anybody know if that works without any problems on the PS4? I read that if you bu PES from the US store for example you get matched with other guys from US and that causes problems with connection of course.

For PC i didnt have any problems, anybody know how that works on PS4?

For who have acces to the game, Messi feels more like real messi or still like any other player?

For who have acces to the game, Messi feels more like real ýmessi or still like any other player?

Guys what is a real messi now? Its only a game... its not like any of us have been messi before and we know what it feels like to play as a 'messi'.
This is what caused EA to make overpowered players which led to a fast unrealistic game. Now that EA has balanced things out we ask such?

What i mean is that in PES i feel like messi is much better than the regular players, he really can make the diference in a game. I wish to see that in fifa. I know he is best than most of the other players, but not like in real life.

Demo pace is good, if they make it any slower i'm afraid that can be wrong.
Why they don't just keep it as it is? :/

For who have acces to the game, Messi feels more like real messi or still like any other player?

I dont think messi looks like any other player , but i feel that the other players looks like messi ( not all of them )

:)

In the demo I thought Ronaldo feels/plays better then Messi strange when Messi the cover star.

Can't play the trial. Absolute joke. I buy all our games through my sons account. I also buy ea access through it so we all get access. On PGA I log my son in and then me so I could play it. FIFA won't let me do that.

It honestly feels like each time I play has the same tactics, the same players and it's déjà vu. Every match feels the same.

It honestly feels like each time I play has the same tactics, the same players and it's déjà vu. Every match feels the same.

What difficulty? I'm having the same issue really.

Playing on world class and every team I've played just passes the ball amongst the back four for the majority of the game, not really threatening my goal. Had 3 0-0s and a 1-0 so far but didn't win the possession battle once.

Is that in the full game? I totally feel the same way in the demo. Sucks cause the engine and gameplay are superb, but looks like yet again EA can't be bothered to program actual teams and tactics :(

Sob.

Yeah seems to be the case in all the matches I've played so far unfortunately. Not conceded a goal yet on world class and the computer have dominated possession in every match and had on average 90% pass accuracy.

Yeah seems to be the case in all the matches I've played so far unfortunately. Not conceded a goal yet on world class and the computer have dominated possession in every match and had on average 90% pass accuracy.

You shouldn't be losing out to that degree. I admit that it can be frustrating to win possession sometimes, but it's entirely possible if you defend properly, and I've never been on the wrong end of a 90-10% possession ratio.

I prefer to play on Professional. I've come away with 60% possession in some games, less than 50% in others. It's more balanced for me and playing against Barcelona is a far different experience to me than playing against the likes of River Plate or even Inter Milan.

Back
Top Bottom