FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

So it's advised to buy this game and disconnect the internet for the next year?
If you like the demo, yep.

Still not convinced the AI makes each team play differently enough for my liking but it's a great game IMO, same as the demo.

If anything exciting (or terrible) happens I'll be sure to report it and/or upload a clip.

Any of you lucky guys gonna be streaming any gameplay? All the streams I can find is the idiots just opening packs.
Get a game early and all you do is open fucking packs?!?!
http://www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer

Someone requested a few positives and negatives - I don't have a lot to say really because it's so similar to the demo!

It's also difficult because I don't want to say anything unless it's fact...

+ Those superpower passes have either been turned down in terms of their effectiveness (I've miscontrolled nearly all of them), or they only work with the world's best players most of the time (I don't play as Barca etc.)!

+ Online games, so far, have been slow, difficult games. So far they've needed a bit of intelligence to progress up the pitch. No pacefests. But...

- Pace seems worthless, it seems more pronounced when you're someone who has maybe 80 or so for pace (fast, but not blistering). You should be able to outrun someone, but you really can't.

- Those online games have been hard slogs with possession switching back and forth regularly. I've enjoyed them but I wouldn't say they're what the average Joe would call "fun" because they were almost entirely bogged down in midfield, and I'm predicting a pasting for this in the reviews.

- On the same subject, the defensive AI is so good (and tight to a man), all of the time, that often you'll have the ball in the middle of the pitch and you'll have absolutely nobody to pass to, even behind you. I've given up possession a few times after holding up the ball as long as I could, when nobody was able to get free of their man. Nobody, out of 9 other outfield players.

- The pass power gauge seriously needs looking at. Once, I held down the pass button and powered the bar to its maximum level, and the pass (which wasn't miskicked) was SO BADLY underhit that it travelled 10ft or so when the target was 100ft away. It doesn't make sense, it feels wrong. It dribbled off the end of the guy's boot and straight to the opponent as if he was the intended target.

- Auto-finesse is still there (seems to be related to hitting shots with the wrong foot as Placebo suggested, but results in ridiculous-looking attempts that you absolutely didn't intend, e.g. trying to sidefoot the ball from 40 yards out).

Still loving the game, I'm just a critical bastard. ;)

Last edited:

I love the demo but something feels off with the passing, they seem very sluggish. I wish they had more zip like on PES 2016. This along with the teammate controls are maybe the only things I prefer from Pes

For the true retro Football italia type of game play it in foggy weather. Only piss off is it's not fully installed so i can only play with certain teams and it says i got less than 10 hours to play.

I love the demo but something feels off with the passing, they seem very sluggish. I wish they had more zip like on PES 2016. This along with the teammate controls are maybe the only things I prefer from Pes
Please not PES passing system. I dnt want a ball that moves like a marble on a rail!

Maybe video with compare can prove us is speed same. Taking same clubs from demo and full, with same game settings and try to run with one player from center to goal or maybe some other way. I dont know. For me it looks more like fifa 15 than 16 demo. But i played only 1hour full game.

Guys i tried the ea acess full game on Xbox one.
Only played 3 games and honestly it seems to me that there s something different form the demo.
I think it played faster and the players are less heavier than the demo.
I don t know, maybe could be joystick because i play the demo on ps4 and now with xone pad ir seems to me the players react more fast and lost that sense of inertia and realistic movement present in the demo.
I played both(demo and full game) on slow, manual controls, except pass and shot on semi, world class and with many sliders changed like pass speed 35, players speed 47, first touch error 65, shot speed in 48, pass error in 65, defense line in 60, and some others after test the demo as much as possible to transform the game in a mix of chalenge and realism. And i play on broadcast 2 with all zoom out and more higher possible.
And i can say that was really difficult to get used with the angle and lack of visibility in this camera but now the demo become the most realistic and amazing soccer game i had played.
Its not perfect of course and has flaus and laço many things i really love in pes like high control of your teammates and change formations in real time with one absolutely customised for you, i also think that movement fronteiras your teammates could be more varied with players like Messi, hazard, Ronaldo, David Silva, and many others had to floaty around the pitch and doesnt haver to keep their positions.
But forgetting thie same mistakes i always see in fifa, this demo has so many moments that looked real life. Só many little touches, flicks, fouls, really amazing.
I think the shots could be more real with less shots on the bar and keppers should look less unrealistic and should make less impossible saves, specially gives more rebounds to look more realistic and i really dont know if this was fixed in the final game.
I really stay a little worried after this 3 games i made on xbox one.
Hope that pace and players movement and turns be the same as the demo.
Tomorrow i Will play more of the full game and post updated opinions.

Sorry for the bad english.
I am brazilian and iPad keyboard beeing set to portuguese language sometimes transform my text in a big mess.

Last edited:

The game, as-is, is no different from the demo. The speed etc. is the same, in my opinion. No doubt in my mind.

Even what I said about the superpowered passes - I think the only reason they're being miscontrolled is that you have to be a superstar from one of the demo teams to be able to use them effectively.

A few more positives and negatives...

+ I played in a pre-season cup game before I went to bed last night, Liverpool (me) vs Ajax (CPU), and it sort of put-to-bed my worries about the AI not being different enough per team.

It was totally unlike the other games I'd played (Liverpool v Everton, Liverpool v Valencia, Newcastle v FC Koln and Accrington Stanley vs IF Elfsborg, which all felt slightly familiar, though the latter game was a much scrappier game).

Ajax played fast, dangerous football and kept trying to hit the wings and the forwards (no idea if that's realistic for Ajax or not, by the way). I couldn't cope and eventually conceded the one goal, to a scrappy header (if there is such a thing), and spent the rest of the game trying to copy them and just get the ball to Ibe or Lallana. I was too late, though - they switched to a much deeper defensive line shortly after half time, and even though I managed 4-5 shots in the space of 15 minutes, their goalkeeper was like a cat.

Really enjoyed that - more than playing online, actually, which felt a bit too "we'll never get through this midfield alive" even for my liking (and I like a midfield game).

- The "train your players" feature is long-winded and repetitive after the first two times you use it, and there's no "just do all this for me" button - you have to go in, select the five players yourself, select the five drills (there's a large selection that do a large variety of things), then press "go". That whole process takes a couple of minutes every time you finish a game and I'd rather have a coach who does it for me, instead of just not doing it and sacrificing my players improving a little bit more quickly.

- If you decide to play the drills yourself as well, completing them with lower league players can be fucking impossible (though I've not tried them with Premier League players). There's a drill I was playing as Accrington Stanley where you're supposed to make scoring chances or score yourself, 2v2, and the goalkeeper (who's supposed to be a poor goalkeeper remember) fingertip-saves absolutely everything unless it's a world-class shot. In this scenario the keepers also run out when the AI is 100% sure it knows what will happen next, and this is painfully psychic - you can see this when you're past the last defender (but way outside the box), touch the sprint button, and suddenly the keeper bursts onto the screen and perfectly tackles the ball off you like he's an outfield player without you being able to "stop" the sprint and control the ball.

- That's not the worst drill, either. There's one where you have to run between a load of poles and after that, within a 100ft x 50ft area on the pitch, jink past the defender (who, again, is supposed to be as rubbish as you are). I played that drill three times, and it was infuriating. If you let go of sprint and try to control the ball past the defender, he charges into you and you lose the ball. If you try to sprint past him, your pace is worthless (see previous post), and he charges into you and you lose the ball. The ONLY way to get past the guy is if he tries to slide-tackle you and you auto-jump the tackle, and there's nothing you can do as a lower-league player to encourage that - you just have to hope he slides, and you jump.

Those training drill issues don't crop up (as much) in a match, but you can "feel" them in the background when the AI defenders are so much better at winning the ball back easily than you are, and when the goalkeepers have a golden half-hour and save absolutely everything you throw at them.

(Still genuinely enjoying the game, including the AI - I'm overly critical because I'd love the game to be perfect.)

Last edited:

did you order pes @chris Davies in the end?

Sounds great. Ill get both after saying I wouldnt.

did you order pes @chris Davies in the end?

Sounds great. Ill get both after saying I wouldnt.
I did yeah, I relented after Honome (from these forums) showed me the team chemistry (called Team Spirit) in the ML.

If I could choose between FIFA's Career Mode changes this year (i.e. the training mini-game which I really don't like and pointless pre-season tournaments) or PES's Master League changes (i.e. the team chemistry that's based on every player's play style, and not, for example, if they happen to be from the same country like Ultimate Team), I'd take Pro Evo's new features every day of the week.

I'd definitely take FIFA's gameplay, though, and the AI. PES is way too end-to-end for me, the midfield isn't involved from all the feeds I've seen (and I've watched a lot).

My copy is supposed to arrive today, looking forward to seeing what game I'm playing the most come the weekend!

@chris Davies, thanks for all your updates about the full game. Its good to hear there is a bit of team individuality. Shame the auto finesse low speed shots are still there, but in a way Id rather them be there and get used to them rather than EA break something else!

Is the Early Access game time 10 hours like someone else the other day said?

@chris Davies, thanks for all your updates about the full game. Its good to hear there is a bit of team individuality. Shame the auto finesse low speed shots are still there, but in a way Id rather them be there and get used to them rather than EA break something else!

Is the Early Access game time 10 hours like someone else the other day said?
Yep, I used up three last night so I'm going easy on it now, just the one match tonight! :LOL:

Overall, I think the gameplay is spectacular, everything else is a niggle rather than a deal-breaker. I'm happy that the AI is doing different things for different teams and that online games are much slower and much more thought out (at the moment - I'm sure that'll change).

Every time I go back to PES it feels like an old-gen game in comparison (I'm talking about the gameplay, not the graphics). It's all on rails, there's weird little stumble animations that "lock" your player when you're tackled and prevent you being able to react and keep possession, goals are all the same, it doesn't feel great (to me).

It has pace and excitement, but when that's every game, it becomes boring (whereas FIFA has the opposite problem with its congested midfield and lack of energy, it starts boring and stays boring if you don't like that kind of thing)!

I was going to wait for the PC version but after reading your feedback I have bitten the bullet and just got the one month EA access for Xbox one, so downloading now.

10 hours is much better than the 6 of last year, although I think Early LIMITED Access would be a more apt name for the feature!

The game, as-is, is no different from the demo. The speed etc. is the same, in my opinion. No doubt in my mind.

Even what I said about the superpowered passes - I think the only reason they're being miscontrolled is that you have to be a superstar from one of the demo teams to be able to use them effectively.

A few more positives and negatives...

+ I played in a pre-season cup game before I went to bed last night, Liverpool (me) vs Ajax (CPU), and it sort of put-to-bed my worries about the AI not being different enough per team.

It was totally unlike the other games I'd played (Liverpool v Everton, Liverpool v Valencia, Newcastle v FC Koln and Accrington Stanley vs IF Elfsborg, which all felt slightly familiar, though the latter game was a much scrappier game).

Ajax played fast, dangerous football and kept trying to hit the wings and the forwards (no idea if that's realistic for Ajax or not, by the way). I couldn't cope and eventually conceded the one goal, to a scrappy header (if there is such a thing), and spent the rest of the game trying to copy them and just get the ball to Ibe or Lallana. I was too late, though - they switched to a much deeper defensive line shortly after half time, and even though I managed 4-5 shots in the space of 15 minutes, their goalkeeper was like a cat.

Really enjoyed that - more than playing online, actually, which felt a bit too "we'll never get through this midfield alive" even for my liking (and I like a midfield game).

- The "train your players" feature is long-winded and repetitive after the first two times you use it, and there's no "just do all this for me" button - you have to go in, select the five players yourself, select the five drills (there's a large selection that do a large variety of things), then press "go". That whole process takes a couple of minutes every time you finish a game and I'd rather have a coach who does it for me, instead of just not doing it and sacrificing my players improving a little bit more quickly.

- If you decide to play the drills yourself as well, completing them with lower league players can be fucking impossible (though I've not tried them with Premier League players). There's a drill I was playing as Accrington Stanley where you're supposed to make scoring chances or score yourself, 2v2, and the goalkeeper (who's supposed to be a poor goalkeeper remember) fingertip-saves absolutely everything unless it's a world-class shot. In this scenario the keepers also run out when the AI is 100% sure it knows what will happen next, and this is painfully psychic - you can see this when you're past the last defender (but way outside the box), touch the sprint button, and suddenly the keeper bursts onto the screen and perfectly tackles the ball off you like he's an outfield player without you being able to "stop" the sprint and control the ball.

- That's not the worst drill, either. There's one where you have to run between a load of poles and after that, within a 100ft x 50ft area on the pitch, jink past the defender (who, again, is supposed to be as rubbish as you are). I played that drill three times, and it was infuriating. If you let go of sprint and try to control the ball past the defender, he charges into you and you lose the ball. If you try to sprint past him, your pace is worthless (see previous post), and he charges into you and you lose the ball. The ONLY way to get past the guy is if he tries to slide-tackle you and you auto-jump the tackle, and there's nothing you can do as a lower-league player to encourage that - you just have to hope he slides, and you jump.

Those training drill issues don't crop up (as much) in a match, but you can "feel" them in the background when the AI defenders are so much better at winning the ball back easily than you are, and when the goalkeepers have a golden half-hour and save absolutely everything you throw at them.

(Still genuinely enjoying the game, including the AI - I'm overly critical because I'd love the game to be perfect.)

Is there a big difference between good and bad players?

Would be interesting to see how much difference there is between doing the training exercises yourself or choosing not to and it being done automatically (I'm assuming you just see the results rather than an AI player doing the training?) I'm assuming you can earn slightly more improvement if you do it manually, but that's just a guess?

Would be interesting to see how much difference there is between doing the training exercises yourself or choosing not to and it being done automatically (I'm assuming you just see the results rather than an AI player doing the training?) I'm assuming you can earn slightly more improvement if you do it manually, but that's just a guess?

Well basically, there will be chances that a player will finish a drill depending on their ability required on the skill and their potential and they will get a boost. Here are some inside stuffs on how the training mode is going to work.

Code:
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_A_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_B_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_C_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_D_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_F_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/BRONZE_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/SILVER_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/GOLD_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PRIMARY_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/SECONDARY_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING_DRILL_%d/NUMBER_OF_ATTRIBUTES
CM_TRAINING_DRILL_%d/ATTRIBUTE_%d
CMTrainingResultsConverter::mPotentialBonus
dlc/dlc_FootballCompEng/dlc/FootballCompEng/data/training_result_converter_vpro.ini
dlc/dlc_FootballCompEng/dlc/FootballCompEng/data/training_result_converter.ini
CM_TRAINING/BASE_CALC_VALUE
CM_TRAINING/BASE_GROWTH_SCALE_VALUE
CM_TRAINING/BASE_GROWTH_SCALE_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/GROWTH_SCALE_PROGRESSION
CM_TRAINING/SECONDARY_ATTRIBUTE_TRESHOLD
CM_TRAINING/ATTRIBUTE_GROWTH_CAP
CM_TRAINING/NUMBER_OF_AGE_WR_BANDS
CM_TRAINING/AGE_WR_AGE_MIN_%d
CM_TRAINING/AGE_WR_AGE_MAX_%d
CM_TRAINING/AGE_WR_BAND_MODIFIER_%d
CM_TRAINING/NUMBER_OF_POTENTIAL_WR_BANDS
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_RATIO_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_RATIO_OPERATOR_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_POTENTIAL_LIMIT_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_POTENTIAL_LIMIT_OPERATOR_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_MODIFIER_%d
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/DIFFICULTY_%d_GRADE_%d
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/POTENTIAL_%d_BONUS_A
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/POTENTIAL_%d_BONUS_F
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/PRIMARY_ATTRIBUTES_%d_BONUS_A
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/PRIMARY_ATTRIBUTES_%d_BONUS_F
CM_TRAINING/ATTRIBUTE_BONUS_%d

Is there a big difference between good and bad players?
Honestly, probably not as big as there should be when they're on the same team other than worse players finding it more difficult to get past defenders (i.e. impossible to get past them) - but, playing as Accrington Stanley, the games were much scrappier.

I experimented with this last night (I say "experimented", I actually just got bored of doing them myself)...

The way the training minigames work is that they give you a list of attributes they will boost, BUT the boost is so small with first team players that it doesn't add up to an increased "point" until you do it 2-3 times over the course of 2-3 weeks. So for example, trying to improve Lallana's strength resulted in the strength attribute being 70.3 in week one, 70.7 in week two, and 71.1 in week three (which is obviously rounded to the lowest whole number when you're playing an actual match).

With the young players, though, it's an instant whole point - most training exercises improve between 2 and 3 attributes at once, so the 17-year-olds I was training were instantly better.

I was worried this would send development of young players off the charts, but according to the game there's a "potential cap", so maybe not - although I didn't fully understand it.

As Liverpool, if I chose all the youngest players and selected "automatically complete the training for me", they gained that whole point the same as they did if I played the drills myself - however, I was much more likely to "lose" at the drills (you get three chances and then you have to settle for your last "rank", A-F), so I don't think I'll ever do them manually ever again...

When you select that "automatic" option, though, the game informs you of the "rank" each player got. The ranks for the young players were generally quite low, Cs to Fs, but this was still enough for a whole point increase in most cases.

Last edited:

Cesc i know all about the modding for PC but these are big players and should be sorted from day one.

What's frustrating is, having been a data editor / provider for a while, all of that kind of stuff is reported to EA and the community provides them with photos and descriptions of everything they need.

It doesn't bother me that someone's head isn't up-to-date in all honesty, but what does bother me is the thought of a huge fan of some team (or some player) providing EA with a load of information (that EA ask for) which gets ignored.

Still, there's no patch yet, so who knows.

Cesc i know all about the modding for PC but these are big players and should be sorted from day one.
Sadly for EA details are that water bottles are moving behind the goal and not that the players and kits look as they do in real life.

Well basically, there will be chances that a player will finish a drill depending on their ability required on the skill and their potential and they will get a boost. Here are some inside stuffs on how the training mode is going to work.

Code:
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_A_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_B_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_C_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_D_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PERFORMANCE_GRADE_F_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/BRONZE_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/SILVER_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/GOLD_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/PRIMARY_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/SECONDARY_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING_DRILL_%d/NUMBER_OF_ATTRIBUTES
CM_TRAINING_DRILL_%d/ATTRIBUTE_%d
CMTrainingResultsConverter::mPotentialBonus
dlc/dlc_FootballCompEng/dlc/FootballCompEng/data/training_result_converter_vpro.ini
dlc/dlc_FootballCompEng/dlc/FootballCompEng/data/training_result_converter.ini
CM_TRAINING/BASE_CALC_VALUE
CM_TRAINING/BASE_GROWTH_SCALE_VALUE
CM_TRAINING/BASE_GROWTH_SCALE_MODIFIER
CM_TRAINING/GROWTH_SCALE_PROGRESSION
CM_TRAINING/SECONDARY_ATTRIBUTE_TRESHOLD
CM_TRAINING/ATTRIBUTE_GROWTH_CAP
CM_TRAINING/NUMBER_OF_AGE_WR_BANDS
CM_TRAINING/AGE_WR_AGE_MIN_%d
CM_TRAINING/AGE_WR_AGE_MAX_%d
CM_TRAINING/AGE_WR_BAND_MODIFIER_%d
CM_TRAINING/NUMBER_OF_POTENTIAL_WR_BANDS
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_RATIO_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_RATIO_OPERATOR_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_POTENTIAL_LIMIT_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_POTENTIAL_LIMIT_OPERATOR_%d
CM_TRAINING/POTENTIAL_WR_MODIFIER_%d
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/DIFFICULTY_%d_GRADE_%d
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/POTENTIAL_%d_BONUS_A
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/POTENTIAL_%d_BONUS_F
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/PRIMARY_ATTRIBUTES_%d_BONUS_A
CM_TRAINING_SIMULATION/PRIMARY_ATTRIBUTES_%d_BONUS_F
CM_TRAINING/ATTRIBUTE_BONUS_%d

Honestly, probably not as big as there should be when they're on the same team other than worse players finding it more difficult to get past defenders (i.e. impossible to get past them) - but, playing as Accrington Stanley, the games were much scrappier.
I experimented with this last night (I say "experimented", I actually just got bored of doing them myself)...

The way the training minigames work is that they give you a list of attributes they will boost, BUT the boost is so small with first team players that it doesn't add up to an increased "point" until you do it 2-3 times over the course of 2-3 weeks. So for example, trying to improve Lallana's strength resulted in the strength attribute being 70.3 in week one, 70.7 in week two, and 71.1 in week three (which is obviously rounded to the lowest whole number when you're playing an actual match).

With the young players, though, it's an instant whole point - most training exercises improve between 2 and 3 attributes at once, so the 17-year-olds I was training were instantly better.

I was worried this would send development of young players off the charts, but according to the game there's a "potential cap", so maybe not - although I didn't fully understand it.

As Liverpool, if I chose all the youngest players and selected "automatically complete the training for me", they gained that whole point the same as they did if I played the drills myself - however, I was much more likely to "lose" at the drills (you get three chances and then you have to settle for your last "rank", A-F), so I don't think I'll ever do them manually ever again...

When you select that "automatic" option, though, the game informs you of the "rank" each player got. The ranks for the young players were generally quite low, Cs to Fs, but this was still enough for a whole point increase in most cases.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Regarding the pre-season tournaments, if you choose not to take part you just do nothing at all in pre-season right? Really shitty that because at the end of the day maybe 4-5 teams in England play pre-season tournaments, lesser EPL teams don't, zero football league teams ever do pre-season tournaments, but now magically even League 2 teams have the funds to travel the world doing pre-season tournaments :(

Back
Top Bottom