FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

If you didn't change the settings, chances are that shooting still is fully assisted. If I recall correctly only crosses and through balls are on semi by default.

So, i changed the settings. Standard setting for shooting was indeed fully assisted. So, i changed it to semi as i'm not a full manual player.

Did pull off 1 low shot, so that's good news.
However, the shooting is still automated.

For instance, i was running towards the goal with Benzema, 1 on 1, took a shot without pressing the shoulder button for placed shot.......and Benzema took a placed shot with the inside of his foot. This really has to change.

Another thing i've noticed a few times now :

When giving a hard low cross (tapped cross 3 times) from the left wing towards my striker, instead of tapping it in or simply putting his foot against it, he took a full shot. By full i mean as if he were well outside the penalty area.
This is not realistic and to me makes the shot look arcady.
No way a striker would try to hit the ball that way, as you'd increase the chance that you miss it.

As much as i love the demo - and the shooting - this really isn't good.
I want to decide for myself if i want a well placed shot or full power shot.

Last gripe : after you score a goal most of the time the player starts running bent forward, like the hunchback of the notre dame, and pumping his fists. A very ugly animation.

I hope the above has something to do with this being a demo, but it gives me an uneasy feeling.
Not a gamebreaker at all, but i wonder why this is happening as this was not the case in 15.

The whole making me do a finesse shot thing is getting on my nerves, they need to change it.

For instance, i was running towards the goal with Benzema, 1 on 1, took a shot without pressing the shoulder button for placed shot.......and Benzema took a placed shot with the inside of his foot. This really has to change.
It also happens with manual controls. I really don't know why though.

Is there any correlation between auto-finesse and player using his wrong foot and/or off balance?
You're onto something, I reckon.

Just happened to me twice playing as Man City, both times it was Silva with the (terrible) finesse effort on his right foot, and he's left-footed.

Doesn't excuse it, though - you'd hit a poorer shot maybe, but you wouldn't try to sidefoot it every time!

(Also, the CPU scored two cracking hard, low shots against me and there was nothing I could do to copy them. You can't hit the same shot.)

(Also, the CPU scored two cracking hard, low shots against me and there was nothing I could do to copy them. You can't hit the same shot.)

Yep, I was trying things out earlier and CPU Ibrahimovic scored a cracking low drilled 20 yarder that went across the keeper! I spent an hour trying to replicate it with all manner of combinations of settings and buttons but never got close.

I am sure its because the keeper AI struggled with low hard shots last year and instead of fixing the keepers they have nerfed (petty much removed) low driven shots.

^Its called being sent to Vancouver EA to play the game early. Pretty sure they don't have full release code yet in their hands

No, there was some kind of glitch that allowed some Xb1 Fifa 16 game codes (that come in an xb1 bundle) to unlock the full game from now, rather than having it downloaded and locked until release date.

i never used RM. can you please help me by telling about this briefly? is it like moddingway mod??
No, it's not like a ready Mod which adds new kits or faces or whatever to the game, it's a structure which makes you able to do amazing things with your game without editing the DB. Just read out the post and what to expect from it.

I can't think what I would do without RM. Adding faces, adding Champions League kits/balls/tournament graphic, tattoos, tracksuits/bibs, custom number sets, assigning boots to all players, GK gloves/winter gloves, adboards, optimizing the crowd LOD, etc. etc. etc. Man I could never play FIFA without that :D

Moddingway Mod uses RM btw.

I think we need to open a seperate PC Editing thread btw.

Last edited:

No, it's not like a ready Mod which adds new kits or faces or whatever to the game, it's a structure which makes you able to do amazing things with your game without editing the DB. Just read out the post and what to expect from it.

I can't think what I would do without RM. Adding faces, adding Champions League kits/balls/tournament graphic, tattoos, tracksuits/bibs, custom number sets, assigning boots to all players, GK gloves/winter gloves, adboards, optimizing the crowd LOD, etc. etc. etc. Man I could never play FIFA without that :D

Moddingway Mod uses RM btw.

I think we need to open a seperate PC Editing thread btw.

ok...looks like i have to study from the beginning ! everything seems complex to me. so i can use it with moddingway mod installed, right?

I'd like the career mode to be live.
So for example the game starts the day you start the mode - so 24th Sept. if I chose Bournemouth the first 5 games have been and the real results stand. I can't pick Mings or Gradel until they are fit in real life.

ok...looks like i have to study from the beginning ! everything seems complex to me. so i can use it with moddingway mod installed, right?
RM was already included in Moddingway Mod in the past. All those faces, kit edits, balls in Moddingway Mod wouldn't be possible without RM.

I don't use Moddingway Mod btw., I like to do things on my own.

Just happened to me twice playing as Man City, both times it was Silva with the (terrible) finesse effort on his right foot, and he's left-footed.

Doesn't excuse it, though - you'd hit a poorer shot maybe, but you wouldn't try to sidefoot it every time!

But it all seems so random.
Yesterday i was running 1 on 1 with the keeper with Benzema.
I was a little bit to the left side of the goal, and Benzema shot the ball with the outside of his right foot in the left side of the goal.
Strange, as the biggest gap was in the right side of the goal. So, in this situation, it would have made more sense to do the inside the foot placed shot in the right side part of the goal (hope this makes sense)

So, it's automated, but also random. And sofar the choices that are made are often not the most realistic ones.

Such a shame because shooting in general is very very good.
I really hope that the retail version does not have this problem.

Well for years we've complained that there isn't sufficient weak foot simulation in Fifa, TBH I'm happy if this is the cause, in real life the amount of times a player tries to shoot with his weak foot or off balance and it just loops harmlessly to the keeper which is how these "auto-finess" shots are appearing.

Well for years we've complained that there isn't sufficient weak foot simulation in Fifa, TBH I'm happy if this is the cause, in real life the amount of times a player tries to shoot with his weak foot or off balance and it just loops harmlessly to the keeper which is how these "auto-finess" shots are appearing.

But then how many times in real life do you see a shot, hit from the inside of a players weak foot, roll at a VERY low speed into a goalies hands? Sure it can happen but the same animation and same speed of shot is much to regular in FIFA for me to be seen as week foot simulation.

For me its tied into the actual speed of the shot itself, the power bar has no point that hits a low shot with power that can be consistently reproduced whether its weak or non weak foot, its either pass back speed or the ball is at some point waist high before dipping. If we can hit hard drilled ground passes with the RB modifier and ground pass button we should be able to reproduce the speed of this pass as a hard low shot using the shot button.

FIFA gets SO much right this year, but there is something about the shooting that feels very off and something I would love to see fixed when its released, but im not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Last gripe : after you score a goal most of the time the player starts running bent forward, like the hunchback of the notre dame, and pumping his fists. A very ugly animation.

I hope the above has something to do with this being a demo, but it gives me an uneasy feeling.
Not a gamebreaker at all, but i wonder why this is happening as this was not the case in 15.

Yeah, I dislike that very much as well.
Looks ugly and stupid, but not a gamebreaker.

But I´ve seen it in FIFA 15 too a lot.

How long does the fifa 16 trial last on xbox? I read 10hrs on the last page but google says 15 was only for 6hrs so id expect the same.

How long does the fifa 16 trial last on xbox? I read 10hrs on the last page but google says 15 was only for 6hrs so id expect the same.

10 hours mate, it was 6 hours with FIFA 15 though, Its still not as good as the season ticket on 360 where you could play unlimited for 5 days before release.

Back
Top Bottom