FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

regarding the demo : are you guys seeing any low shots?
All i see now are balls going in the top or middle half of the goal.
Even when being 1 on 1 with the goalie, it usually ends up in the top corner.
What am i doing wrong? I had lots of low shots in 15, it is something i absolutely love and really miss in the demo sofar.

This.

I love the demo but I am finding the shooting a real let down. If you tap shoot players do a very very slow side foot shot that rolls along the ground at a speed that is more like a pass back; hold shoot a bit longer and the ball is in the middle height of the goal.

For me its making a lot of goals I score very unsatisfying as they dont match what I was trying to achieve.

FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Shooting is one of my favourite aspects of this demo.

I think if you tap shoot twice you do a low shot but I might be wrong.

I think the double-tap shoot thing isn't an "intentional" control, I just think the act of double-tapping produces the shortest possible press.

I think the reason low shots are so rare is because of that "auto-finesse" that's going on. I think we need to mass-tweet EA about that ASAP, because I've no idea why they've added it in when the finesse button is right there if that's what you want to do...

Shooting is one of my favourite aspects of this demo.

I think if you tap shoot twice you do a low shot but I might be wrong.

So shooting is one your favourite aspects of the demo, but you arent 100% sure how to do a low shot? (Although I will try the double tap later, if that works thats great)

Fifa 15 had a lot more variety in its shooting but the goalies really struggled. Fifa 16 goalies seem better but only by taking out the variety of shots available.

I think the double-tap shoot thing isn't an "intentional" control, I just think the act of double-tapping produces the shortest possible press.

I think the reason low shots are so rare is because of that "auto-finesse" that's going on. I think we need to mass-tweet EA about that ASAP, because I've no idea why they've added it in when the finesse button is right there if that's what you want to do...

Totally agree about the finesse shots, makes no sense to introduce the animation to shots that arent using the finesse modifier!

I cant try the demo right now to test the double tap, but does the double tap produce a HARD low shot which can rifle in off a post?

If that's the case we need to lose that straight away.
As you say, we have a button for it so why make it an automatic thing.

I like scoring a goal in the top corner, but if it happens lots of times it kind of loses it's magic.

Scoring a goal from distance with a very well struck hard low shot, just out of the keeper's reach, it a beautifull thing.
It was there in 15, and i want it in 16!!

Another thing ive noticed : lots of shots with the outside of the foot. I believe this is also automated.
Again : when seen ocasionally it's great, when it happens every other shot......not so great.

Last edited:

So shooting is one your favourite aspects of the demo, but you arent 100% sure how to do a low shot? (Although I will try the double tap later, if that works thats great)

Fifa 15 had a lot more variety in its shooting but the goalies really struggled. Fifa 16 goalies seem better but only by taking out the variety of shots available.

Yep, shooting is one of my favourite aspects of the demo - it doesn't mean that I've mastered it.

Yep, shooting is one of my favourite aspects of the demo - it doesn't mean that I've mastered it.

I love the shooting as well. Much better than in 15, feels weighty.
Too much power and it's a big miss.

So, shooting in general is very very well done in 16, it's just the absense of the low shot and the automated finesse shot that needs fixing.
Unless it's me doing something wrong of course.

I agree that shooting is a really great aspect, its just these pesky low shots!

So I have tried double tap and theres hardly any power. On a whim I tried manual passing and use the RB power passing thing at max to shoot at goal and that generates much much more power than a double tap shot (actually a bit too much and could be abused online as a shot method).

Its a shame we can put the power in ground passes but not in shots, seems a bit backwards.

i scored a few low shots not seen any issues as of yet unless this counts as too close?

https://youtu.be/zWSszmI4QtE
It's not exactly powerful, I think that's what RiverReveal is looking for - a hard, low shot.

On a whim I tried manual passing and use the RB power passing thing at max to shoot at goal and that generates much much more power than a double tap shot (actually a bit too much and could be abused online as a shot method).
Yeah, I had a thought about this the other day (I'm sure this has happened in the past as well, where an overly-hard pass has been used as a hard shot online, or have I dreamt that?).

Does it definitely mean switching to manual (which nobody online will do, trust me, even if it is to enable an exploit)? Or can you perform it by facing the goal and pressing RB+A / R1+X (because there's no player in that direction, the player may just hit it where he/she's facing)?

If it's the latter... :SHOCK:

Last edited:

Yeah, I had a thought about this the other day (I'm sure this has happened in the past as well, where an overly-hard pass has been used as a hard shot online, or have I dreamt that?).

I think it was PES that had that problem, something about goalies wouldnt attempt to make a save from manual passes? Could be wrong though.

From outside the area I cant get any of my manual RB pass shots to hit the target (maybe my manual passing skills though). From inside the area they are being saved so hopefully it wont be an exploit.

The power of these passes though is deff something I'd like to be able to achieve with low shots.

The power of these passes though is deff something I'd like to be able to achieve with low shots.
Yeah, me too.

Again, we need to get this through to EA, along with the "please disable auto-finesse" message.

Trouble is, I don't know how to go about it nowadays. There's a sea of kids complaining that Ronaldo's hair doesn't shine in the sun like it should or that Ultimate Team is too hard and wahhh. I don't know how you get a genuine message through to them.

Loving the the diacussions around here guys. Everyone is so positive and enthusiastic and this part of the forum is finally lively. Very nice!

How can I buy this cheap on PS4 digitally? Is it possible?

Anyone? Anyone?
Lol saw it on PSN store. Ranging from R899, R999, R1200 with the difference obviously being the ultimate team packs which Im not interested in. :)
Is it possible to buy it somewhere else digitally?

Scoring a goal from distance with a very well struck hard low shot, just out of the keeper's reach, it a beautifull thing.
It was there in 15, and i want it in 16!!
What did you just bring to my memories... :SHOCK:
I completely agree with you, one of my best goals so far was exactly like you described (even though it's been scored with FIFA 12):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv-lgGaW8JM

Sorry for the hijacking... The memories. :P

On a whim I tried manual passing and use the RB power passing thing at max to shoot at goal and that generates much much more power than a double tap shot (actually a bit too much and could be abused online as a shot method).

I feel guilty. People from all over the world are gonna hate me for revealing an exploit. :LMAO:

I'd try 'RB + pass' (hard pass) on manual, it might work.
I hope it's not as overpowered as the long pass button was in FIFA 11 though, when you could use it (on manual) instead of 'LB + shoot' to try and lob the keeper and was way more effective than the shot made in the proper way (shooting with LB).

Player receives the ball after the match from referee scoring a hat-trick. loving these small touches. :))

fifa16_demo_2015_09_15_15_55_10_412.jpg

Not just the best sports game... best video game I've ever played period.
You're giving the fanboys some ammo there - I wouldn't go that far, man... There are some pretty flawless experiences out there and there's nowhere near enough difference in playing different teams, or playing with different players (i.e. individuality), to make this the "best game ever".

Mix in a lot more elements of Football Manager with it, and make playing different teams a genuinely different experience, and we'll talk!

Can't even bring myself to watch it in-case it increases the fear that it'll be the same as 15 online...

Can't even bring myself to watch it in-case it increases the fear that it'll be the same as 15 online...
I said it earlier, the problem with FIFA is the kids that play it as though they are playing their favourite shooter... whom I doubt they even watch reall football.

I really don't understand who regularly watches their videos on Youtube. It's the same stuff with pretty much all of the others that put videos up and have successful channels. Don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom