FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

regarding the demo : are you guys seeing any low shots?
All i see now are balls going in the top or middle half of the goal.
Even when being 1 on 1 with the goalie, it usually ends up in the top corner.
What am i doing wrong? I had lots of low shots in 15, it is something i absolutely love and really miss in the demo sofar.
I agree that it's different to 15 in this aspect, but low shots are in the game, just not as easy to execute.

I scored this beauty the other day - loved it because it looked realistic and it wasn't possible in FIFA 15 for example. This is on semi shooting.
(watch in 60 fps, which for some reason doesn't work on the embedded video here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnkMNshHYg

Does it definitely mean switching to manual (which nobody online will do, trust me, even if it is to enable an exploit)? Or can you perform it by facing the goal and pressing RB+A / R1+X (because there's no player in that direction, the player may just hit it where he/she's facing)?

If it's the latter... :SHOCK:

I've used manual passing as shooting in Fifa in the past and never had a problem with the keeper not reacting to and thus saving such shots :)

I've used manual passing as shooting in Fifa in the past and never had a problem with the keeper not reacting to and thus saving such shots :)

Same.

I've just played a match and one of my pass-shots was saved by the keeper whilst through 1v1. I think sometimes low shots in the corner don't prompt the keepers to move simply because they couldn't possibly do anything about it.

I agree that it's different to 15 in this aspect, but low shots are in the game, just not as easy to execute.

I scored this beauty the other day - loved it because it looked realistic and it wasn't possible in FIFA 15 for example. This is on semi shooting.
(watch in 60 fps, which for some reason doesn't work on the embedded video here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnkMNshHYg

Nice to see a goal like this.
I didn't touch the settings yet so perhaps my shooting is on assisted or controlled fully by the cpu.
That would explain a lot.

Will give it a try tonight.

I didn't touch the settings yet so perhaps my shooting is on assisted or controlled fully by the cpu.
If you didn't change the settings, chances are that shooting still is fully assisted. If I recall correctly only crosses and through balls are on semi by default.

A week today chaps! It's going to drag but I am STILL having fun on this demo. Must have played the damn thing to death now!

Just 2 days to early accesss.I am sure it will be amazing like the demo utill day 1. If day 1 pacth ruins this beauty again , it will be a big disappoinment for me.

A week today chaps! It's going to drag but I am STILL having fun on this demo. Must have played the damn thing to death now!
Don't forget that you can get it this Thursday via EA Access (I am). CLICK HERE FOR CONFIRMATION

EDIT: Kunio_Kun beat me to it... :)

Regarding the low shots, I've just had a few games on semi shooting during my lunch hour, and the best way I could find to hit a hard, low shot was using LT+B / L2+CIRCLE, which is listed as "fancy shot" (or words to that effect) on the controls list within the game.

Unfortunately, that button combination also (at random) results in shots where the player tries to shoot with his left foot behind his right foot or vice-versa, so I don't really like doing it.

It could be a coincidence - maybe I was just hitting with the right amount of power to perform a lower shot with a little bit more power - but it seemed to help.

Definitely easier to keep a lower trajectory with semi, though. I think this is because it gives you no help with the power bar, and the power bar needs SO MUCH charging up this year to hit a decent pass or a top-corner shot (on semi).

I think that's fast becoming my biggest gripe - passing moves falling apart because the passes are too weak...

Last edited:

Yeah, I find that semi is too inconsistent with the passing speed. I cannot predict how much power will be on a 50% charged pass in almost identical circumstances. If I used assisted then there wouldn't be the same sluggishness; if I use manual I can at least tell how hard I'm going to kick the ball. So why does it vary so much on semi?

Don't forget that you can get it this Thursday via EA Access (I am). CLICK HERE FOR CONFIRMATION

Regarding the low shots, I've just had a few games on semi shooting during my lunch hour, and the best way I could find to hit a hard, low shot was using LT+B / L2+CIRCLE, which is listed as "fancy shot" (or words to that effect) on the controls list within the game.

Unfortunately, that button combination also (at random) results in shots where the player tries to shoot with his left foot behind his right foot or vice-versa, so I don't really like doing it.

It could be a coincidence - maybe I was just hitting with the right amount of power to perform a lower shot with a little bit more power - but it seemed to help.

Definitely easier to keep a lower trajectory with semi, though. I think this is because it gives you no help with the power bar, and the power bar needs SO MUCH charging up this year to hit a decent pass or a top-corner shot (on semi).

I think that's fast becoming my biggest gripe - passing moves falling apart because the passes are too weak...

You can change the power bar on the sliders no?

Thanks Chris will check that out when I get home :)

how does this early acces work?
I'm on ps4 and did not pre-order (so i'm probably too late)but can i still get access to this?
It's Xbox One only, sorry. :(

On Xbox One you can pay £20 a year for EA Access, which gives you free copies of older games including the previous year's sports games (which means I can play Madden and NHL, I don't care if they're this year's games or not so it's ideal for me), and on top of that you get free access to the full versions of the latest EA games a week before they're released, for 10 hours of play.

Woo hoo! a good reason to own an Xbox One... can get FIFA a few days early and pay for the priveledge lol. No thanks!
It's worth it for the free EA games - between those and the Games With Gold free games, you could easily own a console and never actually go out and buy a game again, if you're patient enough to wait for them all (if only I was patient)... Same applies on PS4 of course, although the PS Plus games tend to be very indy-ey lately...

Please can you let me know if speed has been ramped up from Demo??
If so Ill have to cancel pre-order! The pace of slow on the demo is what makes it excellent.
FIngers crossed its the same as it all seems to have quiet on this front.
Will do, don't worry, and I'm sure I won't be the only one!

Woo hoo! a good reason to own an Xbox One... can get FIFA a few days early and pay for the priveledge lol. No thanks!

Clearly you don't know a shit about EA access.It's the best thing EA has done.You can play 9-10 games freely for 30$ for a year and you can also get discounts if you buy other EA games..

It's Xbox One only, sorry. :(

On Xbox One you can pay £20 a year for EA Access, which gives you free copies of older games including the previous year's sports games (which means I can play Madden and NHL, I don't care if they're this year's games or not so it's ideal for me), and on top of that you get free access to the full versions of the latest EA games a week before they're released, for 10 hours of play.

Very interesting, wasn't aware this existed.
But, since i am a baseball player i had to choose ps4. It's the only console that has a - absolutely brilliant - baseball title every year.

If they had this on ps4 i'd be all over it. I play NHL games as well.

Very interesting, wasn't aware this existed.
But, since i am a baseball player i had to choose ps4. It's the only console that has a - absolutely brilliant - baseball title every year.

If they had this on ps4 i'd be all over it. I play NHL games as well.
Sony didn't allow it on PS4, sadly: Sony Says EA Access "Isn't Good Value"

I much prefer the PS4 in terms of the console itself, don't get me wrong - actually, FIFA is the only game I still play on Xbox One because my nearly 70-year-old dad has an Xbox One (the controller is easier for him to use) and I play co-op games with him to give him a hand (it's not so much fun for him now on his own, he doesn't like getting matched against 7-year-olds who swear at him and tell him he's not very good - neither do I, to be fair).

Last edited:

Clearly you don't know a shit about EA access.It's the best thing EA has done.You can play 9-10 games freely for 30$ for a year and you can also get discounts if you buy other EA games..

+1

Really one of best things from ea.
So many great games to try (NHL16, FIFA16, MADDEN16, LIVE16) in 10hours trial, and many many great full games, and all for 30$ for year. Games like BF4, Plants vs Zombies. Need for speed etc.

Battlefield 4, Dragon Age, Titanfall, Plants vs zombies, UFC, Need for speed rivals, Peggle 2. Other are sports games like NFL, NHL, NBA 15 and 16.
There was also Battlefield hardline trial.

Also -10% discount on pre-orders.

Expand your collection without breaking the bank by visiting the Xbox One Games Store and checking out your exclusive EA Access discounts. Digital pre-orders, full game downloads, Season Passes, and DLC all come with a 10% reduction.

And now upcoming games are FIFA16, NBA live 16, Golf and Star wars battlefront.

Last edited:

Battlefield 4, Dragon Age, Titanfall, Plants vs zombies, UFC, Need for speed rivals, Peggle 2. Other are sports games like NFL, NHL, NBA 15 and 16.
There was also Battlefield hardline trial.

Also -10% discount on pre-orders.

Expand your collection without breaking the bank by visiting the Xbox One Games Store and checking out your exclusive EA Access discounts. Digital pre-orders, full game downloads, Season Passes, and DLC all come with a 10% reduction.

And now upcoming games are FIFA16, NBA live 16, Golf and Star wars battlefront.

I really don't have the time to play all of those games PLUS FIFA 16. I usually have just two games on the go at the very most. And even then, I don't play as much as I'd like (I'm still only 12% into Phantom Pain!)

So I wouldn't pay the money for EA Access as I don't think it's worth it - I can wait a week until FIFA is released.

Thanks for posting the information though, much appreciated :)

Isn't there an option to get EA access for £3.99 for one month? Im getting it on PC this year but I used that option last year to get Fifa 15 early on Xbox one.

Back
Top Bottom