FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I don't recall EA mentioning this as a focus for improvement, but I'm really impressed with how much better some of the CPU attacking AI is. Some of the passing moves are great, and I love how if you're playing solid defense, the CPU will smartly recycle the ball and rebuild up. Nice.

Also, I haven't seen this mentioned but one subtle change they've made which I think makes a nice change to gameplay is how you no longer can direct your clearances, so instead your defenders will often automatically clear the ball out of bounds. I don't mind this loss of control because you can see what they're trying to do with the change, which is make the game less end-to-end.

So now instead of clearances leading to easy counter-attack opportunities, we get more corners and sustained pressure on one end. I like it.

I can't stop playing the women's game haha.

Last edited:

961788eff31f79ecc1574584eb648a95.jpg

I don't recall EA mentioning this as a focus for improvement, but I'm really impressed with how much better some of the CPU attacking AI. Some of the passing moves are great, and I love how if you're playing solid defense, the CPU will smartly recycle the ball and rebuild up. Nice.

Also, I haven't seen this mentioned but one subtle change they've made which I think makes a nice change to gameplay is how you no longer can direct your clearances, so instead your defenders will often automatically clear the ball out of bounds. I don't mind this loss of control because you can see what they're trying to do with the change, which is make the game less end-to-end.

So now instead of clearances leading to easy counter-attack opportunities, we get more corners and sustained pressure on one end. I like it.

I can't stop playing the women's game haha.

I definitely agree with you on all mentioned there, man. It's pretty refreshing, and unexpected, but I think that's what happens when proper defensive fundamentals are in place compared to 15.

With FIFA15 I have played 819 games with no slider manipulation, all manual except for semi shot and semi pass and based on previous FIFA versions I try to keep my settings consistent so I get the most enjoyable experience that way.

All year I have only played on PRO difficulty and my winning percentage is only 55% 819 games played with a really low winning percentage when in years past with the same control setup I would have nothing lower than a low to mid 70% win percentage.

Now I do realize that when I start to take off some off the assist I am basically programming the CPU A.I to rubber-band the crap out of the gameplay, however I am cool with this because I get low realistic scorelines and slowed down gameplay that's the trade off I am willing to accept for a gaming experience that does not frustrate to much.

So today while playing 15 patiently waiting on 16 to release I found it odd that after a standard 2-1 win against the CPU the game gave me a prompt saying.

"Congratulations you seem to have mastered PRO difficulty for a more challenging experience we suggest you move up to World Class"

No way have I mastered PRO difficulty with just a 55% winning percentage, I thought it was odd.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that is just a standard prompt given to any gamer still playing 15 this late in the year and kind of like a push to buy 16.

Might just be me thinking to hard.

Last edited:

4 settings

Slow
Normal
Fast
Very Fast

Simple. Release a game that appeals to everyone not just kids.

Well said. Completely agree.

In other news, this morning I have watched recent videos of FIFA 16 full game and the pace looks exactly the same as the demo!

:APPLAUD:

It doesn't mean anything if the full game has the same pace..Wait for the Day 1 pacth and see..
I agree. Let's wait for the first or second patch and see. The same happened with FIFA 14, I still remember it.

By the way, talking about FIFA 14: its demo is still the best EA football I've experienced to date but this demo is very, very close.
Passing feels heavier and more consistent than what they were in FIFA 14 after patches, shots feel difficult and more rewarding, players have proper momentum and inertia (like they had in the FIFA 14 demo)... Pace is almost perfect.

Also I was wondering how some people found it still too fast and I came to the conclusion that it's the camera I'm using that provides that perfect sense of "slowness" to the game, as I play on co-op currently.
Can't turn back to tele broadcast anymore after trying it, as co-op had an immediate impact for the best.

I'm really, really looking forward to the full game at the moment. Lovely.

Last edited:

I agree. Let's wait for the first or second patch and see. The same happened with FIFA 14, I still remember it.

By the way, talking about FIFA 14: its demo is still the best EA football I've experienced to date but this demo is very, very close.
Passing feels heavier and more consistent than what they were in FIFA 14 after patches, shots feel difficult and more rewarding, players have proper momentum and inertia (like they had in the FIFA 14 demo)... Pace is almost perfect.

Also I believe that it's the camera that provided a sense of "slowness" to the game as I play on co-op currently.
Can't turn back to tele broadcast after trying it, as co-op had an immediate impact for the best.

I'm really, really looking forward to the full game at the moment. Lovely.

I've also noticed that co-op camera seems to gives slower play. I'm having a play around at the moment with camera angles and liking Tele Broadcast best so far. Love the demo.

Broadcast camera on this new one, wow!!!!!!

So much easier to play with and looks fucking unbelievably realistic.

Broadcast camera on this new one, wow!!!!!!

So much easier to play with and looks fucking unbelievably realistic.

Going to try that now, ive read its the same as last year though?.

So it's safe to say it is best to disconnect the PS4 from the internet for the first couple of days of release ? And wait for feedback

FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Broadcast camera is brilliant and very realistic but I struggle with it because not used it before.

co op is very good too but it's difficult to turn quickly and create goals as everything is much slower.

EA has to fix tactics:
I have played as Seattle vs AI Barca (legendary, 15 min) and Barca had only 53% possession. Also, they have played a few long balls/crosses on Messi and Iniesta.

EA has to fix tactics:
I have played as Seattle vs AI Barca (legendary, 15 min) and Barca had only 53% possession. Also, they have played a few long balls/crosses on Messi and Iniesta.

Which is what they do in real life under Luis Enrique. His Barca is not Pep's Barca, don't forget.

Sometimes yes, but this was and looked unrealistic; AI Pique long ball to Messi for 1on1 header battle vs my CB.
AI Messi cross to Iniesta in my box vs my 2 CBs.
But sometimes it works; AI Messi had a few long balls to Neymar in empty space behind my defence.

Sometimes yes, but this was and looked unrealistic; AI Pique long ball to Messi for 1on1 header battle vs my CB.
AI Messi cross to Iniesta in my box vs my 2 CBs.
But sometimes it works; AI Messi had a few long balls to Neymar in empty space behind my defence.

Well every year, EA follows a generic tactics. FIFA 14, it was wing based crossing, last year it was based off tiki taka, this year it's based off long balls. Until EA introduce team identity, it won't change. Hopefully that is next year and it's something they really need to work on. That and player individuality.

One this is also wrong in all FIFAs; AI does not adequately adopt to opponent team.
For example, If I play as minor one star team (Cheltehnam) vs AI QPR, QPR will use tactics xyz. But if I play with five star team (Bayern) vs AI QPR, QPR will use the same tactics xyz instead of playing park the bus and counters.
AI should “know” the opponent strength (at least stars) and adopt.

Well every year, EA follows a generic tactics. FIFA 14, it was wing based crossing, last year it was based off tiki taka, this year it's based off long balls. Until EA introduce team identity, it won't change. Hopefully that is next year and it's something they really need to work on. That and player individuality.
Well in FIFA 14 Dortmund for example relied a lot on pressing and over the top through balls, thing that many other teams didn't do.
Indeed I used to train against them on fast speed and legendary AI to be ready for FUT. I've seen differences between teams also in this demo, yet they're not much noticeable as they were in FIFA 14 (and, even more, in its demo).

Going to try that now, ive read its the same as last year though?.

It is the same i think but now the games slower and seemingly sluggish in a good way its a hell of a lot easier to play on.

Its weird, sometimes i see things and for a few seconds i'm thinking I'm watching a proper game, the animations and fluidity for the most part are bang on.

Back
Top Bottom