FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Pretty much. I like women more than men when it comes to gameplay, maybe because they're slower and leave bigger gaps (so, playing in manual, I get more time on the ball to think about what to do when I play against women). :))

@joonlarjj: well done! I love to see how LB+Y balls work with manual settings if done right. I hope they don't anymore when the settings are assisted though.

EDIT: on a different note, this demo didn't have the "WANT MOAAAR" effect that the FIFA 12 and FIFA 14 ones had on me, yet the more I play it the more I find it enjoyable.
Playing with manual controls, co-op camera and slow speed is great. I only need to see if there's a way to fix the LOD so even on co-op the players look better then it will be even better.

I haven´t tried the women yet (in FIFA I mean :P ), but I will do so.

About the bold part:
Yeah same here, although I haven´t played FIFA 12 and 14.

I only made two games and it wasn´t like...."omg one more one more", it was rather like "it´s cool....nice....yeah....I like".

Need to make more games though.
But my first impression was very positive.
I´ve been also quite tired that time, so.

Very nice goal!

What camera are you using? I liked the slightly zoomed out view.

co-op 20/20

its the best angle i have found so far. being zoomed and and seeing the full team shape immediately improved my game. camera angles like default, tele, tele broadcast are nice but are too zoomed in to offer what co-op does

nice goal jonnlarjj

thanks!

Hey everybody!

In case you missed it, I released two big packs for FIFA 15. GFX MOD Version 1 and GFX MOD VERSION 2. You can check them out right here: http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192480

And now I've already started working on it for FIFA 16.
This is my first attempt. Let me know what you think.

SDV42FD.jpg

thanks

JC54igG.jpg

Let me know your thoughts and if there's something you would like me to change/improve (and what exactly)- Go ahead and tweak it in Photoshop and show me the image and I will try to get the same in FIFA.

Thank you!

thanks for your work mate. i used your mod for fifa 15.that makes the game beautiful.
fifa 16 lighting is better than 15. i just prefer a little brightness and vibrance. i would like right bottom one.
FIFA%20Lighting%20Comperison%20%28Large%29.jpg

Maybe just me but I really can't see much difference between different teams and styles of play. And players generally feel the same too, with some a little quicker than others when sprinting.
Agreed 100%
It 'sad to say, but true.

tried the PC demo again, probably improved after last year especially the cpu and the new defending animations wich allows you to be more efficient in the back but still wide open gaps everywhere and i wasnt playing with Barca. the PS3 is superior to the PC demo, you literally cant run around the defence, there are no gaps and if you find one finally you feel rewarded if you can take a chance. the cpu plays at least with that much or even more diversity like the one does in the PC demo, first touch is much better, the pace is slower...its just feels better. and there is nothing to exploit at the moment altough i havent played against anyone but cpu. players still feel more or less the same but thats FIFA and down to the 24 stats, teams...i dunno Real always bumping up the ball to Bale and Ronaldo, still i havent seen the tikitaka from Barca tho.
but still its a great game on the PS3 might the best footy of the last generation in the end

Last edited:

It's funny because i remember how people excited FIFA 15 demo:)) FIFA 15 = PES 5 and this kind o BS :FAIL: FIFA the best football game ever created :LOL: and more.......BS. Full game came out and we saw the worst FIFA ever created. Cheers :PIRATE: We will see how good full FIFA 16 will be:BYE:

The Prem league stuff is in the demo if you choose city vs chelsea mate

but they did say

JFunN wrote:
Having spoke to people who played it, they say the game is faster, but it is down to the fact playing human v human, who all use sprint and pressure with every player... it is much different to playing the computer who just pass and hold positions... Humans try to exploit everything, like running with the ball with quick players, lobbed passes etc, quick first time passes, when you have 2 people doing this, it makes it a faster paced game, the computer just slows it down...

co-op 20/20

its the best angle i have found so far. being zoomed and and seeing the full team shape immediately improved my game. camera angles like default, tele, tele broadcast are nice but are too zoomed in to offer what co-op does

thanks!

Yeah, i use too co-op with 20 zoom and 0 height. Fantastic camera indeed.

I am really happy with this demo. With slider adjustments and custom tactics it is just sublime. Combined they make a huge difference. 10 minutes halves are the bomb.

I am really happy with this demo. With slider adjustments and custom tactics it is just sublime. Combined they make a huge difference. 10 minutes halves are the bomb.
Do custom tactics actually make teams play differently?
I've seen a little difference between Gladbach and Barcelona for example, but it just happens to be way more little than what it is in PES 2015 for example (where Real Madrid and Napoli, though both relying to long balls over the top, do it differently).

any news on editing the setting.lua??
You need to be patient, malloc is actually decrypting the compression but it needs time. He said he will release the encrypted files soon.

You can be sure I will immediately start editing the settings.lua when it's out :)

Do custom tactics actually make teams play differently?

Custom tactics are much more obvious when you tighten up the crazy amount of space that is seen on the pitch most of the time. By default the line height and lengths are too much IMO, and make teams play too much the same.

Try this for you and AI. Teams can still get stretched, but display more compact lineups too.

Line Height 68
Line Length 32
Line Width 50
Fullback positioning 58

You need to be patient, malloc is actually decrypting the compression but it needs time. He said he will release the encrypted files soon.

You can be sure I will immediately start editing the settings.lua when it's out :)

ok mate :))

After reading some posts that Sounders had 60% possession in matches against them, I have played as Chelsea vs Sounders (legendary, 15min, manual) and I managed to have 55% vs Sounders 45% possession. The trick (in this game) is not to chase the ball in their half; let their defenders pass for a while and come to your half (or even third). Then they "lose patience" and make a long or short pass which you can intercept or they try to dribble and you can tackle. Also, be conservative with counter-attacks so you don't lose the ball again.

Btw. In a few matches I have played I am averaging 10 fouls per game; 13 with my edited database with strict refs. :APPLAUD:

I dont know if its only me but after I played quite a lot of matches I have to say that it feels like FIFA16 is less responsive than FIFA15. The gameplay speed is fine but it looks like there is a delay(input lag?)...something is not right, but I will try to limit the FPS, maybe that will help.

The time limit sucks in this demo. If your playing on professional or above you'll nd lucky to even see 1 goal in a game. I've been getting a lot of nil 0-0's.

The half length odd just too short and there was me thinking it was too short on PES.

I dont know if its only me but after I played quite a lot of matches I have to say that it feels like FIFA16 is less responsive than FIFA15. The gameplay speed is fine but it looks like there is a delay(input lag?)...something is not right, but I will try to limit the FPS, maybe that will help.

Not just you; I've got the same feeling. I went back and forth between the FIFA and PES demos today and it's striking how much more responsive, and just silky smooth in general, PES feels to FIFA.

Honestly, there's a few things in the FIFA demo that just feel "off" to me - player responsiveness, shooting, and passing - that I expect, or at least hope, will be more refined for the final release.

Honestly, there's a few things in the FIFA demo that just feel "off" to me - player responsiveness, shooting, and passing - that I expect, or at least hope, will be more refined for the final release.
See I usually agree with you 100% but on this, I'm not in agreement - I've not had any problem with shooting whatsoever. I think the range of that power bar that now results in a decent shot has got smaller (e.g. the middle third of it as opposed to the middle half of it), and powering a shot enough to be a decent hit means a slight delay (possibly allowing a defender to nip in), but I'd argue that it results in a more realistic experience in terms of opposition pressure being too much to get a decent shot away. I hope they don't change the responsiveness or the shooting - anything to avoid a goalfest...

Passing, though - I think if EA rolled out a patch that reduced the pass accuracy by half, which meant that the players' attributes were more important, that would provide a less repetitive experience and a little bit more individuality between players.

EA have got a difficult job this year when it comes to their usual day-one/month-one patch - there's no consensus about the big problem(s), I don't think. What I find to be the biggest issue (passing variation) isn't the next person's biggest issue (e.g. game speed / shot power / responsiveness).

I really hope they don't make knee-jerk changes.

Fifa is at the end of its current cycle.

It needs a massive change. Its looked the same for the last few years.

Player faces are appalling. Most of the body shapes are wrong as well.

i can't go back to fifa 15 anymore. FIFA 16 have some problems but it is way better than 15. players have some weight finally. and the lighting is gorgeous this year. player models are not perfect but better than 15 and they look more athletic now.

Fifa is at the end of its current cycle.

It needs a massive change. Its looked the same for the last few years.

Player faces are appalling. Most of the body shapes are wrong as well.

What is a life cycle? PES has played the same since PES 5.

Back
Top Bottom