FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Apparently both Castro and Kazooie have played the demo version and the latest version to the demo, they have said the game speed has increased as well as skills being buffed up.

7P3cv.gif

What about that LOD tweak? Is anything like that available for FIFA16 demo? I would love to maximize the graphics to the highest possible level. Thanks.

Surely this cant be right? Demo last year was game A that people played and then bought the full game expecting the same only to find game D or E as it was that different.

This year, maybe the sane shit again? this seems way dodgy.

Please don't be true.

it needs to be said that fifa16 has the best momentum of probably any other fifa. when i press an attackers and miss, my defender is taken out of the game for 2-3 seconds and needs to catch up. no more 180 ice skate and catching up instantly. thjs has been fifas biggest problems since forever and its the one thing pes always had over it. but with fifa15 and now 16 especialy, its no longer a problem

i remember 4 years ago some fifa player wrote about this, about how momentum isnt about space between two players but how much time that space can be covered in. well ea have listened because it takes time to recover ground now

Someone over at NeoGAF (conversation thread HERE) just mentioned a suggestion for the "trainer" feature which I thought I'd be alone in wishing for.

I love having the arrow underneath the player's feet - it's the kind of visual aid that would make me more interested in manual controls - but hate the button / text overlay that's pretty useless if you've been playing the game for years and tends to get in the way of the action.

I hope they patch in an option to switch the button display off, but keep the circle/arrow.

100%

some of us over at the official ea forums were saying this too. the game plays very well on manual + trainer, especially if you use non-conventional camera angles like broadcast. unfortunetly the text is so intrusive its stop me from using it more regularly

its such a shame that they offer six diffrent text options (level 1-6) but offer no option to just turn the text off.

The placebo affect in full force

I wonder if we could exactly measure if there is any change in speed in Demo vs Final. For example, run or walk with player x from goal line to goal line and time it.

What about that LOD tweak? Is anything like that available for FIFA16 demo? I would love to maximize the graphics to the highest possible level. Thanks.

Fidel Gameplay has posted at soccergaming forum that he will release it soon.

I had a great situation today, too. Unfortunately didn't made a video.

I played with Real vs Inter and Cristiano Ronaldo won a freekick after a foul from Montoya. Ronaldo sat on the ground after the freekick was given and adjusted his socks. Montoya came at him, had some words and pointed with his finger towards Ronaldo. Ronaldo immediately jumped on his feet showed Montoya his angry face and tried to tower his body over Montoya.

Looked amazing :D

most of the shots hitting the bar !!! this shit must be fixed !!

are you playing on assisted shooting? if so that is your problem with that as the assisted shooting is broken in the demo and REALLY bad. I played one match after downloading the demo with the default controls and I hit the post at the very least 6 times

put it on manual or I guess semi maybe.. I haven't tried semi yet but manual is good and don't have that issue..

if you play on assisted in fifa on this demo you will hit the bar all match long it seems like.. it's actually a lot worst than playing PES on Advanced shooting hitting the cross bar constantly when your new to that if you know what I mean

you must use manual shooting for best results.. shot variety and satisfaction just like the PES demo.. imo

Don't have much to add to the discussion other than to complement EA sports on the match replay bit too. Just watched it and it's simply quality.

+1

konami should take notice... really shows off the game well

TELE camera.

Zoom at 0.

Height at 20.

Legendary difficulty.

Slow speed.

I can't express how much better TELE cam makes the game. It's easier to defend and also keeping possession is easier.

I will try this camera tonight as I like to see more of the pitch.. I had trouble finding a camera angle to settle on but tele broadcast with 12 height and 15 zoom was one I was using last night the most.. I found that camera angle in orion's slider set for fifa15.. it's not bad. I even tried co op all the way zoomed in which wasn't bad either

Last edited:

i recognized that the ai hit the crossbar very often. my own shooting is fine. (auto / xbox one)
i had only 2-3 situation (+30 games) were my player shoot with finesse altough i was not using the finesse button.

Ironically, the more I play the FIFA demo the more I'm looking forward to playing PES's retail code.

Maybe just me but I really can't see much difference between different teams and styles of play. And players generally feel the same too, with some a little quicker than others when sprinting.

Anyone else getting some kind of weird "tearing" on textures on the PC version?

Still getting the hang of it. Passing on my 2nd match (Inter(me) vs PSG) was absolutely horrible, but was completely different on the other 4 matches I played.

I'll do anything for someone to tell me of a successful way to remove the huge replay0.bin file that makes my gameplay sluggish. Last year we could just create a blank text file of the same name. Then we'd put it to 'Read Only' in 'Properties' and the game would start. But now, it won't work. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Apparently both Castro and Kazooie have played the demo version and the latest version to the demo, they have said the game speed has increased as well as skills being buffed up.

7P3cv.gif

Well it was obvious they are going back to the FIFA 15 path after a lot of complains from little kids that the game is hard and the pace is slow and the skill is nerfed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HonHVb9RzzE

Watch at 10 mins. Everything that was promised down to drain. The demo is a different game than what the release is going to be. That is what you are going to see on the release. Skill as easy as it can be, pace is back. Basically you can run through the defense with one man.

Last edited:

Hey everybody!

In case you missed it, I released two big packs for FIFA 15. GFX MOD Version 1 and GFX MOD VERSION 2. You can check them out right here: http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192480

And now I've already started working on it for FIFA 16.
This is my first attempt. Let me know what you think.

SDV42FD.jpg

JC54igG.jpg

Let me know your thoughts and if there's something you would like me to change/improve (and what exactly)- Go ahead and tweak it in Photoshop and show me the image and I will try to get the same in FIFA.

Thank you!

Well it was obvious they are going back to the FIFA 15 path after a lot of complains from little kids that the game is hard and the pace is slow and the skill is nerfed.

Watch at 10 mins. Everything that was promised down to drain. The demo is a different game than what the release is going to be. That is what you are going to see on the release. Skill as easy as it can be, pace is back. Basically you can run through the defense with one man.

He's playing a 1 star side with his team of world class players and the default FUT difficulty seems to be Semi-Pro. I wouldn't worry yet.

Yes, but we should keep in mind with these FUT videos that it's catered more to the kids. FUT has always been a faster and a more skill spamming mode.

When CR7 does his little pirouette 180 come hug me celebration he does has anyone seen his neck??? That is just a frightening animation. Looks horrible

Really is just FIFA15.5 I am sure the retail game will grow on me and the little nuances will reveal themselves in the coming months. I am still playing 15 so we will see.

playing ps3 demo, had a freekick yesterday from the side, but wanted to shoot on goal anyways with CR,
one of the CPU players rushed out from the wall and blocked my shot, he was 1 meter in front of me by the time i reached the ball, it was a direct freekick, anyone had this happen to them?

Will we all end up playing women teams only? :)
Pretty much. I like women more than men when it comes to gameplay, maybe because they're slower and leave bigger gaps (so, playing in manual, I get more time on the ball to think about what to do when I play against women). :))

@joonlarjj: well done! I love to see how LB+Y balls work with manual settings if done right. I hope they don't anymore when the settings are assisted though.

EDIT: on a different note, this demo didn't have the "WANT MOAAAR" effect that the FIFA 12 and FIFA 14 ones had on me, yet the more I play it the more I find it enjoyable.
Playing with manual controls, co-op camera and slow speed is great. I only need to see if there's a way to fix the LOD so even on co-op the players look better then it will be even better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom