FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

That is not a problem, i also play against the AI every now and than.

What i wanted to say is that there is no way that could be priority to EA over so many things.

We cannot ever expect that they create artificial intelligence on the human level.

I think you have to deal with that, CPU will never play in the way human does, it will always be scripted, better or worst but it will be scripted and i cannot complain on that.

What i want is that i can play the way i want with my players which finally seams to be the case. :APPLAUD:

AI also affects human vs human games as you're only controlling one player at a time so the AI determines how the other 9 players and goalkeeper are positioned/reacting.

No one expects the human vs CPU game to contain the number of outcomes as human vs human but to say AI it's the last thing EA sports should be worried about is being a little naive sorry.

Let's have them hear it then. I could post a link to this in their forums if it's the case.
Or... Well, probably we should really have a "demo impressions" thread and forward that one to EA.

Last edited:

I have modded the database if anyone is interested:
-15 min halves (no fatigue anomaly like the one if you use cl.ini)
-legendary
-slider cpu pass error 57
-slider power bar user 57
-slider 1st touch error 75/75
-Tele camera
-Handballs on
-Also, I brought back player name bar above players instead of that bar in the lower part of the screen.

Game remembers this settings every time you start the game...
Don't forget to delete cl.ini if you added that file...

Instructions:
1. Copy this files in folder \FIFA 16 DEMO\data\db
2. Regenerate using file master 2015 (don't forget to change path in file master to FIFA 16 demo folder)

Links:
http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/xkW6uqfv/file.html
http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/CRtCWi36/file.html

For PC only :COOL:

So does file master 15 work?
Out of curiosity... Were you also able to open graphic files such as kits?

You KNOW this is a superb game when the FIFA kids hate it.

If EA listen to them I'll cry. Or throw something. Or both.

It would be nice if EA had a link to the demo impressions from this thread, as they'll no doubt pander to the requests of the 13 year old's who want to sprint past defenders online like Usain Bolt.
The weird thing is, those guys are saying it's too fast, or rather, the fast players are too fast...

I can't get my head around that...

So does file master 15 work?
Out of curiosity... Were you also able to open graphic files such as kits?

Yes, file master 15 and db master 15 work ok.
I didn't play with kits but I saw someone at soccergaming forum report it is possible.

It would be nice if EA had a link to the demo impressions from this thread, as they'll no doubt pander to the requests of the 13 year old's who want to sprint past defenders online like Usain Bolt.

I think it is still possible to sprint like that with a ball, but one has to properly use the knock-on feature with right stick. It has worked ok for me on legendary with bale, ronaldo etc.
Kids will just have to learn that.

Last edited:

The CPU makes mistakes in this. Just played against Seattle Sounders and their keeper's clearance was straight to Hazard. I didn't manage to score from it but came close.

Unbelievable demo this.

Can't you just use LB/L1 button? That does an early cross but if you use it from a normal crossing position it still swerves it towards the player if I remember correctly. You can even use that button with double and triple taps of the cross button to get more variety.

And this type of crossing has been revamped in 16 apparently to make it more useful, look forward to some nice goals :)

How do you do close ball controlled dribbling now that no touch dribble is on that button instead?

With The protect the ball button u can also use for close control dribling

I dont know wich button is on default because i have edited my controls

Here are my first impressions (15 min halves, legendary):
POSITIVE:
-Gameplay is slower. I even switched to normal speed (in previous fifas I used slow).
-Agility of players was toned down. They have more weight.
-Tackling is better
-Midfielders intercept more passes
-First touch is better
-AI pressures more
-AI play better defending, covering empty space and blocking your wingers
-If you outrun AI player, he will try to foul you (finally!)
-There are more fouls (I average 10 per match)

NEGATIVE:
-Shooting is weird sometimes. Some shots (especially volleys) fly like cannonballs
-Headers are overpowered
-Too many shots hit the posts (2 per match)
-Corners are again too easy to defend/too easy to score. Also, defenders are still out of position (in attack)
-Night lighting is dull
-I have won a penalty but even after ten replays I didn’t find out why
-My players sometimes make the no-look pass

Last edited:

The LOD in this game is a joke especially in default cam. Just like FIFA 15, that's why they won't allow us to customize cameras propely, but just a few millimeters.

I would say that LOD is better on PC demo than it was in the full release on FIFA 15.

Is it just me or anyone else noticed that also?

The CPU just whipped in a cross, no player got a touch on it and it went in. I've never seen that happen before.

I would say that LOD is better on PC demo than it was in the full release on FIFA 15.

Is it just me or anyone else noticed that also?

LOD is better? Not really, just look at Aubameyang and how different his hair looks from far away, awful. But as I said, this is easily to fix.

The LOD in this game is a joke especially in default cam. Just like FIFA 15, that's why they won't allow us to customize cameras propely, but just a few millimeters.

Post some screenies so we can see how bad it is for you, you realise there's a chance it's your system that's the issue and it won't look the same for us?

what a boring game.

This is precisely the kind of shit I was talking about in a previous post. What on earth was the point in this?

You're more than welcome to not enjoy the game but at least give some valid reasons.

Post some screenies so we can see how bad it is for you, you realise there's a chance it's your system that's the issue and it won't look the same for us?
The problem is the settings.lua (1.0 instead of 100.0) and not his system, I'm 100% sure of it.

Placebo, just play a game with Dortmund, hit the replay and zoom out from Aubameyang till the LOD changes and you will see how awful it is.

So glad it's fixable on PC :COOL:

LOD on PC looks fine to me, or at least it's what I would expect out-of-the-box. It could be better though. Higher LOD really does make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom