FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

This can be easily fixed when Editing tools are out (or the ones from FIFA 15 still work, didn't tried yet).

There is a settings.lua, where you can set the Player LOD. If you set it from 1.0 to 100.0 the players will look the same from far as from near.

About AA, it's fine for me, finally. No more jagged edges when zooming in.
Maybe you mean Motion Blur? It's still there and I like it but you also can put it off in settings.lua if you don't like it.

which tool should i use for editing setting.lua??
and this aa issue is only on gameplay cam...close up looks good.

edit : where is the setting.lua is located? can't find

Last edited:

which tool should i use for editing setting.lua??
and this aa issue is only on gameplay cam...close up looks good.

edit : where is the setting.lua is located? can't find
I don't know where it is in FIFA 16, I need to look when I'm back from work, it's in one of the big files.

We need to export that lua to the corresponding folder and then regenerate the .bh file. The lua itself can be edited via notepad (if it's decompressed).

As I said, I don't know yet if editing tools still work, especially regenerators.

Demo quick launch: http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192859

16dmqs.jpg

Unless I'm doing it wrong... The cancel a slide tackle seems way more needed than that original teaser where he basically went down to one knee. now ots more a 'get up' button. though I could just be doing it wrong.

Also noticed they brought back flair shooting so you can force an attempted overhead or volley. which is great in the way that it gives us the option to do the shot we were thinking of rather than it doing a standing header... But it'll be a spam fest online

Only had time for four matches but this demo is a definite improvement on last year's game and a day one purchase provided EA don't mess up.

I wouldn't go along with the "best football game ever" calls. It's a very good football game but to me it clearly has room to improve in many areas.

Still, this is good enough for me. Possibly won't even bother with PES this year due to the disdain they have shown to their PC customers.

Great game. Really enjoyable. Look really same as 15, but in good way. Fixed all bad things. Playing on xbox one.
Game is slower even on normal (what i really like cause its more realistic). Played just first game (when entering game) against CPU, and i must say that Ai is not bad. All other games played player vs player.
Gameplay is really good, and what me and my brother like you must be patient and making chances. Defense is nice, also i didnt play more than 15 games, but seems that finally there is midfield. Game is realistic, we played Gladbach vs Dortmund, had chances, midfield clashes, and whole game 0-0 till 86' when he made mistake on left wing, my player run into center and score with longshot, which look very realistic same as watching tight game. Ball physic is fantastic for now same as pass and crossing. Shooting is random, scored many random goals (not too many same goals). Goalkeepers had some really woried mistakes, but overall they are good also. Didnt notice too many 90' goals. In about 15 matches 1 goal. For me that is great.
Graphics looks fantastic. Last year day was great, and now with that, night is really FANTASTIC, and finally looks like night. Lighting is superb, there are some player model improvements, but still that is really bad thing in game. Goalnet is little different and look much better that 15, and i thinh even phyisc is improved a little.
Really cant wait for full, hope that they wont touch too much in full game.

Guys i Need a help!
Its really impossible to come back to custom tatics in gameplay if i use d pad to choose another tatic like long balls or possession in certain moment of the game?
If i want to come back to my custom tatic its impossible to do during gameplay or am i missing something?
This problem happen since fifa 15.

As far as I know mcruz, it's not possible to go back to custom tactics without pausing the game. Unless someone knows a trick...

Had time for two matches on the PS4 only yesterday evening.

My overall impression is very positive, but the excitement didn´t come over me yet...I guess for this I need way more matches.

All the pros mentioned here, specially game speed, I realized as well.
A few new animations make a great impression too.
Also the kit physics.
Coming from the PES demo - which I like a lot too - I gotta say that there seems to be much more life on the pitch in FIFA 16.
Just like you was watching a real match on TV. I don´t necessarily mean the graphics, but all the details together make it look very lively.

It´s 4 min halves only but a big plus is that you can play the extended time when you have a draw.
Some of you didn´t like FIFA 15 but I really did and played quite a lot seasons on CM.
This one is definitely an improvement. I also love the weight of the players and the ball. Shooting is great too.
And I really really hope they won´t change that in the full game.

About the defending:
In 2 matches only I didn´t realize much difference but tactical defending is tricky yeah.
Like I said in an earlier post: I put the push/pull kit button on R2 (it´s square on default, but I want the CPU pressing there like in PES) and CPU pressing on square.
The push/tackle/pull button needs to be timed very well.
I could manage to steal the ball like that a few times, but sometimes the attacker switched direction and ran past me, so...yeah it´s tricky.

The only thing I find very hard (but that´s a FIFA thing in general) is the sliding tackle.
This is so much different than in PES.
Gotta practice on this one.

Good game and I guess this one will be a purchase.
Gotta play some more matches though.

Last edited:

Before people get too excited, know that the demo never includes the randomizer boost code that turns CPU players into super-human ninja savants.

The only thing I find very hard (but that´s a FIFA thing in general) is the sliding tackle.
I think nothing will ever come close to the difficulty of the sliding tackles in FIFA 12 for me.
There either you timed it perfectly or you were in trouble as he would most likely get past you and away undisturbed (you could hardly ever foul him in that situation, most of the times you made a wrong tackle he was through).

I managed to pull some pretty cool sliding tackles in this FIFA 16 demo already, and I think they're very rewarding as, again, if you mistime the tackle you are likely leaving open field to your opponent.

For next year they need to work on Player likeness. PES has that section won by a mile.

Love using Chelsea on the demo as they play great counter attack but Costa and Hazard player faces look terrible. Its not a massive part of the game but Konami do have this sewn up.

Before people get too excited, know that the demo never includes the randomizer boost code that turns CPU players into super-human ninja savants.

I don't know how this is priority for anyone?
This game is supposed to be player between two human players, offline or online.
Playing against the AI is just for the last possible scenario when you don't have the opponent.

Is anyone in love with that No-Touch-Dribbling, too? If you mainly play offline and don't overdo you can create some great looking plays.

It happens in the demo too , gameplay like always is very momentum based. Its significantly easier to defend once you establish ball control and get some shots towards goal. But once cpu gets more time with the ball it becomes insanely hard to get the ball with cpu opponent literally reading your inputs on defense.

That's the main reason I'm only looking forward to play Online if i'll buy fifa 16.

Bundesliga logo and music/sound give really great atmosphere, very very like watching bundesliga on eurosport :D
I just cant imagine how it could like with all bundesliga stadiums.

Is anyone in love with that No-Touch-Dribbling, too? If you mainly play offline and don't overdo you can create some great looking plays.

I cant get to grips with it at all. I just seem to step away from the ball and get dispossessed.

I cant get to grips with it at all. I just seem to step away from the ball and get dispossessed.

I'm doing a few cool things by mistake :PP but also a lot of the time I am moving away from the ball and get dispossessed. I think once you get used to it and use it intelligently it could be great.

How do you pull out of a tackle? And do the new fast pass? I'm using alternate controls.

I don't know how this is priority for anyone?
This game is supposed to be player between two human players, offline or online.
Playing against the AI is just for the last possible scenario when you don't have the opponent.

And if I don't have a human opponent available, I should invite over a random person from down my street?

I play online AND against the computer...and once a week or fortnight against two other friends. Maybe you don't play against the AI but a lot of people do...

And if I don't have a human opponent available, I should invite over a random person from down my street?

I play online AND against the computer...and once a week or fortnight against two other friends. Maybe you don't play against the AI but a lot of people do...

That is not a problem, i also play against the AI every now and than.
What i wanted to say is that there is no way that could be priority to EA over so many things.

We cannot ever expect that they create artificial intelligence on the human level.
I think you have to deal with that, CPU will never play in the way human does, it will always be scripted, better or worst but it will be scripted and i cannot complain on that.

What i want is that i can play the way i want with my players which finally seams to be the case. :APPLAUD:

Playing against the AI in Legendary is very difficult but SO rewarding. I am struggling to score goals but when I do it feels amazing.

Loving this so much. I've just ordered from Shop-To, we usually get it a day earlier from there.

Is it possible to add swerve on crosses? I can't figure this out

Not sure if the same as i'm still yet to play it :RANT: but...on 2015 if you move the stick just after the ball leaves your players foot, you can add swerve. It's not overly pronounced but i've done some testing with it and it definitely happens.

Can't you just use LB/L1 button? That does an early cross but if you use it from a normal crossing position it still swerves it towards the player if I remember correctly. You can even use that button with double and triple taps of the cross button to get more variety.

Back
Top Bottom