FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I think Konami have dropped a huge bollock this year. Not releasing a pc demo before Fifa I think my have close to wiped out their meager following.

There are signs that custom tactics do actually have some effect this year, particularly in conjunction with player instructions and formations. Have been playing around with them a bit and then playing AI v AI and am definitely seeing different playing styles based on the various tactical settings.

I just think some people are afraid of change. Which is fair enough, it's their comfort zone.
This, probably.

I'm one of the players that liked it to some extent, but I still have to get used to it before I can really say I've made up my mind.
For example, I cannot score a goal to save my life. It really looks like I cannot shoot anymore... :SHOCK:

Other than that, the pace is good (maybe it should be even a little lower but actually it can be fine tuned with the proper option) and the passes look solid.

Keepers still forget about the near post from time to time though.

I'm happy that Diego Costa actually plays upfront and doesn't keep falling back into deep midfield like on 15. No amount of tactics or instructions prevented it, do I'm made up he's an actual presence up front now.

Has anyone else played it on the PS4 and the PC? I'm sure it plays much faster on the PC...unless I'm imagining things.

I have only managed a couple of games however on both pc and ps4...... And yes it's definitely quicker on PC which is a shame

I have played just on PC and gamespeed is perfect, slower than 15 and again not too slow.
Just don't touch anything regarding this aspect EA plaease!

One more time, best game ever!

p.s. This comes from PES guy!

I thought I was going crazy, they're not actually the same games. When I play on the PC it plays much more like Fifa 15, it's more end to end, my midfielders aren't keeping shape as much....it's really weird.

Still much better than 15 was, but doesn't seem the same as the PS4 version....maybe I'm just tired.

Last edited:

I played both PC and PS4 and I noticed that player instructions only works at PC. That's the only difference I noticed.

Gave it a go a few hours ago and I did like it a bit more than PES2016.
I wanted to post my thoughts but I'll wait until I've played more than enough to start noticing the bad stuff.

screw the next gen FIFA, old gen all the way. even with adjusted sliders i couldnt get the joy out of the PC version that the PS3 offers by defeault

CPU attacks in very different ways however on PC i still see much more the tiki taka from every team and there are no gaps in the defence on PS3, its tight a real joy to get through a player

i was fist bumping because of this late equalizer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtpsA4tJXc

full highlights (again Ronaldo-cpu goal from long distance!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb2p4XM_DQs

and oh yeah its not in there but later on Real was awarded with a penalty because of Mascherano's handball, guess what!? Benzema did hit the post!

so it went to penalties...i shot a Panenka with Messi ofcourse..its a goal, commentator even mentions the shot type...up comes Lucas Vasquez next, tries the same!!!! misses big time! :D...last taker Benzema and its not his day as Ter Stegen catches his save to win the game for Barca

i dont even care that much about PES :D FIFA - PS3 is a blast!

Last edited:

I have controller problem (on PC) . Sometimes it delays hugely. Also sound desyncronises. Anybody else or any idea?

Wow I can't believe this, I am actually satisfied with this Fifa. Closest to simulation it has ever been, if the speed stays the same then the potential of this game is huge!

Never felt so bored playing a fifa demo, i don't know if tiredness is kicking in but i'll give it a go tomorrow but i'm really not enjoying it so far, doesn't feel new enough or totally different enough to have me excited, maybe i'm fifa'd out(or tired).

screw the next gen FIFA, old gen all the way. even with adjusted sliders i couldnt get the joy out of the PC version that the PS3 offers by defeault

CPU attacks in very different ways however on PC i still see much more the tiki taka from every team and there are no gaps in the defence on PS3, its tight a real joy to get through a player

i was fist bumping because of this late equalizer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtpsA4tJXc

full highlights (again Ronaldo-cpu goal from long distance!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb2p4XM_DQs

and oh yeah its not in there but later on Real was awarded with a penalty because of Mascherano's handball, guess what!? Benzema did hit the post!

so it went to penalties...i shot a Panenka with Messi ofcourse..its a goal, commentator even mentions the shot type...up comes Lucas Vasquez next, tries the same!!!! misses big time! :D...last taker Benzema and its not his day as Ter Stegen catches his save to win the game for Barca

i dont even care that much about PES :D FIFA - PS3 is a blast!

Are you sure the gameplay is different from PC to PS3 or is it just placebo? If it is, then that is a disaster.

This time extender has worked in previous FIFAs:
create file cl.ini and put it in FIFA16 folder.
Input this in cl.ini:
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH=10

Try it if it works with 16...

Edit: here is the file. Try it:
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/jKuyJL3a/file.html

Thanks very much for that.

BTW if anyone wants a faster FIFA startup on PC, with no legal screen or language selection screens (English by default), pop this .ini file into your FIFA 16 directory.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/s8d3s6630ohqn5i/install.ini

Last edited:

LOD and AA is awfull from gameplay cam !! looks like i am playing on lowest setting !! whats the problem !! :((

config -
i3
r7 250x

everything looks good from close up but awful from gameplay cam !!

Last edited:

here is some screen-
fifa16_demo%202015-09-09%2009-57-17-90.jpg

fifa16_demo%202015-09-09%2009-53-43-21.jpg

On PC, can anyone tell me how to remove the replay0.bin file that makes the gameplay sluggish? I used to be able to replace it with a 0byte TEXT file of the same name, in previous fifas. But now it needs this file to be 800MB just to run the game. Please tell me there is a workaround. Send this issue to Fidel/Doctor/MonkeyDragon or anyone who can help plz. Thx.

Last edited:

LOD and AA is awfull from gameplay cam !! looks like i am playing on lowest setting !! whats the problem !! :((

config -
i3
r7 250x

everything looks good from close up but awful from gameplay cam !!
This can be easily fixed when Editing tools are out (or the ones from FIFA 15 still work, didn't tried yet).

There is a settings.lua, where you can set the Player LOD. If you set it from 1.0 to 100.0 the players will look the same from far as from near.

About AA, it's fine for me, finally. No more jagged edges when zooming in.
Maybe you mean Motion Blur? It's still there and I like it but you also can put it off in settings.lua if you don't like it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom