FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Mfmaxpower, from videos already posted (player vs player), ping-pong passing to goal /running on wings and shoot still works and imo it will always work vs human players who cant play defence.
Vs cpu, I hope we will not find holes/exploits like we did in previous fifas.

Btw @EASPORTSFIFA twitter:
Demo is not available on PC yet; it will be later today and we'll let everyone know when it is.

Last edited:

Mfmaxpower, from videos already posted (player vs player), ping-pong passing to goal /running on wings and shoot still works and imo it will always work vs human players who cant play defence.
Vs cpu, I hope we will not find holes/exploits like we did in previous fifas.

Btw @EASPORTSFIFA twitter:
Demo is not available on PC yet; it will be later today and we'll let everyone know when it is.

I'm not sure what your point is. If you play poorly on defense, then obviously easy chances are going to occur. That's kinda obvious.

Have you played the game? I can only speak to my own experience playing against the CPU. I have no idea how online will turn out, and I'm sure they're still be some shittiness to it because people tend to play like asses, but against the CPU it's a much tighter game. That's a big contrast to last year.

Last edited:

This ultimately is the biggest difference this year imo. By changing pass speed, sprinting, and the defensive AI, the end-to-end sprint-fest and goal-fest that was last year just doesn't work anymore. None of the exploits I used last year have given me any success in this demo.

For example, my favorite team is Dortmund. Last year I was guaranteed at least 2-3 easy chances by spamming long diagonals to Reus. This year I haven't had a single such chance. And when I have found myself in space, the CPU defense is very good at recovering.

I'm finding World Class to be a nice challenge at the moment and it's been a struggle for me to create chances. Love how much more difficult passing is.

For me the biggest difference between this demo and PES is that with FIFA it's much more emotional. When I score, I'm fist pumping. There's a lot more "wow" moments. I am not getting that feeling with the PES demo.

I agree with the fist pump, and it used to be the other way round. I used to have that feeling with PES.
I don't sprint so much during offence, but do so a lot on defence.
Let's see how it goes.

They said later today. Today doesn't end until midnight ;)

Don't get his hopes up..

Today doesn't end till 12PM GMT tomorrow, as at 11.59AM tomorrow it is still 11.59PM in New Zealand - There is still another 20 hours of today left.

Last edited:

b0dd605628ea173eba39a25121251226.png

giphy.gif

Looking on that EA forum, the consensus seems to be very positive from what I've read, with the fear being that EA will dramatically alter the game.

A few are complaining about the shooting though, personally I think it's great, brings back emotion when scoring when you let off exactly the shot you wanted to do with your understanding off the situation, rather than the cpu just sticking it in the top corner for you...after those initial toe poke shots I had, I haven't let off another shot like that now I've gone back to shooting properly.

Personally, they shouldn't change anything. Let this demo be the final product. If anything they can change, they should make the passing with purpose have more error and just the passing itself have more error based on stats. That's it.

Someone link me to the EA forum where they listen to feedback. I will join up and get them to keep slow gameplay, I have over 40,000 Twitter followers and will get them to also help.

I'm more nervous of them ruining a great game than anything, at the moment.

As has been said, I love the shooting. It makes sense to me, as does pretty much everything in the game - except all passes being the same no matter who hits them.

But I guess we'll all have one key gripe we'd like them to change, and if they changed any of the bits I'm really happy with, I'd be gutted. If it's faster come the final release it'll be a day of mourning in my household.

Last edited:

Loving the demo so far, was awarded two penalties in two games. It's probably going to be a totally different game when it comes out like every year.

Hollow, soulless and boring

Graphics also look old gen. Bit disappointed that they still can't get player character or individuality nor team playing styles. This game is so generic it's a bit shocking

The sound for me has taken a step back that annoying plastic sound when you kick the ball is hard to ignore. Not to a good showing at all from EA

Also seem to get penalties but no free kicks and AI pass accuracy is same as PES

I just don't know why both PES and FIFA seem to be ignoring the stats. The stats are there for a reason. To achieve individuality.

Hollow, soulless and boring

Graphics also look old gen. Bit disappointed that they still can't get player character or individuality nor team playing styles. This game is so generic it's a bit shocking

The sound for me has taken a step back that annoying plastic sound when you kick the ball is hard to ignore. Not to a good showing at all from EA

Also seem to get penalties but no free kicks and AI pass accuracy is same as PES

Both games are still in old gen with resolution/framerate upgrade for console users. There is no real leap into next-gen in football titles like there is for basketball since nba 2k15.

I CAN'T STOP PLAYING THIS!!!!

Please EA, don't change it. I think we might have one of the best football games of all time on our hands.

It's just so damn good. I want to get back to Phantom Pain but this isn't letting me.

Back
Top Bottom