FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Seems really positive in here. I won't be able to play the demo until tomorrow but I'm looking forward to it.

Seems really positive in here. I won't be able to play the demo until tomorrow but I'm looking forward to it.

EA has done a lot of good work.. on the pitch & off the pitch.
It's true that they said they are innovating across the entire pitch and it really shows.
The broadcast graphics, the stadiums, the atmosphere, the AI. The work they've done with shooting, ball physics, passing, improved player models, graphics & lighting. The additions to career mode, the pre-season tournaments, the player training, woman's game. The work they've done is actually more than a years worth.

Okay, so onlyhad time for a couple of quick games this morning before work. Overall it's amazing compared to 15. Slower paced, less frantic and requires more patience on the ball and there's an incentive to keep the ball this time.

Looks like they've nerfed the lifted through balls which is great, hopefully will translate well to online.

Far more weight to players now and the models are improved over last year. Sadly, jaggies return on PS4 due to no AA.

EA has done a lot of good work.. on the pitch & off the pitch.
It's true that they said they are innovating across the entire pitch and it really shows.
The broadcast graphics, the stadiums, the atmosphere, the AI. The work they've done with shooting, ball physics, passing, improved player models, graphics & lighting. The additions to career mode, the pre-season tournaments, the player training, woman's game. The work they've done is actually more than a years worth.

The atmosphere was incredible even last year. Previously, when playing PES, I didn't realise just how much of a difference that atmosphere made to my experience. I like to recreate games, i don't really play modes - just play the week's fixtures with different teams. When you have their fans chanting proper songs, with full match day set up it's great. Coupled with all the other improvements then this could be a special game. FIFA gets a bad rep because of its past, its audience (online certainly) and EA imo. They do a lot of very very good things in the game and it's not far from being great.

This is getting me hyped! Can anyone confirm if you can skip the cut scenes now, though? They're fun for a little while then it's extremely tedious - especially if you're losing haha.

The atmosphere was incredible even last year. Previously, when playing PES, I didn't realise just how much of a difference that atmosphere made to my experience. I like to recreate games, i don't really play modes - just play the week's fixtures with different teams. When you have their fans chanting proper songs, with full match day set up it's great. Coupled with all the other improvements then this could be a special game. FIFA gets a bad rep because of its past, its audience (online certainly) and EA imo. They do a lot of very very good things in the game and it's not far from being great.

This is getting me hyped! Can anyone confirm if you can skip the cut scenes now, though? They're fun for a little while then it's extremely tedious - especially if you're losing haha.

Lol I don't know. Which ones could you not skip? Start of match you could already skip..
Was a nice touch on the spray, corner flags moving (was already in FIFA 15) now I hear handballs are back. It's just immersive. I saw a match in fog which just looked great. The bundesliga is represented perfectly with the chants and broadcast graphics. I don't think anything can come close for a long time. Can't wait to be immersed in the ups and downs of career mode. My first league I'll be controlling a bundesliga team.. got tired of EPL.

Something I'm noticing that I really like: stamina seems to have a huge impact toward the end of games. And in overtime, I've seen a couple wingers/fullbacks totally gassed and unable to finish runs.

Something I'm noticing that I think I don't like: the new Driven Ground Pass. Regular passing might be slower but this new passing mechanic allows you to bypass that. I used it to create an incredibly easy one-on-one chance with Ibra (which then ended with a Terry red card and penalty which was kinda cool). I think the idea is okay in concept, especially since they've slowed down regular passing, but it's implementation needs to be tweaked. It's too accurate and players control it too effectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU2UaEq296A This is from the full game. The speed is the same.

Lol this is FIFA 15. The first thing I instantly noticed on the vid (as I didn't watch the team selection) was the player cursors. They've changed them in 16 they are smaller. Was shocked to see them big again. I went back to check the team selection on the vid and noticed old menus... :))

Ive read that you can

Amazing, thanks.

@Sbu just bookings, fouls etc.

Also, can anyone confirm if keepers commit in 1 on 1 situations now? the little dink over the keeper is something I LOVE in PES (although it's too easy) but it's almost impossible in FIFA.

Lol this is FIFA 15. The first thing I instantly noticed on the vid (as I didn't watch the team selection) was the player cursors. They've changed them in 16 they are smaller. Was shocked to see them big again. I went back to check the team selection on the vid and noticed old menus... :))

I think the huge FIFA15 Banner gives it away!

Something I'm noticing that I really like: stamina seems to have a huge impact toward the end of games. And in overtime, I've seen a couple wingers/fullbacks totally gassed and unable to finish runs.
I've heard that too and from what I've heard it looks like women get tired way more early in the match than men if you make them run run like no tomorrow. If it turns out to be true, it would be a very nice addition (and I do hope it's the same in FUT too, so little kids would finally stop pressing the hell out of the opponent for 90 minutes nonstop otherwise their players would be already breathless after the first half).

The one thing I never get is when PES has a shortcoming it's interpreted as a feature.. or Konami left it on purpose because of reason 1, 2 3 (although in most cases its simply a lack of development skill from Konami).
When FIFA has the same, its described as shallow as broken.
Take for instance. In PES, the passing is just poor no excuses. But you'll here a lot of explanations why it's perfect on rails like that. Yet you see people criticizing FIFA for it's passing.
It's just beyond me...

Stop being so snide in your posts. You're obviously on a PES forum so it's pretty obvious you'll meet PES fans here. No need to generalize too as it's the same in both camps. Biased ones in any camp are no different, and neither are you. And I want to add what you said in this post is not correct. PES has been criticized to death for almost a decade now whereas Fifa praised to no end. I don't know how you turned this around. Anyway, if you don't expect reading "fanboyish" PES posts on a PES forum then I think you're in the wrong place. Like a Vegan walking into a steakhouse complaining about meat-loving customers.

Amazing, thanks.

@Sbu just bookings, fouls etc.

Also, can anyone confirm if keepers commit in 1 on 1 situations now? the little dink over the keeper is something I LOVE in PES (although it's too easy) but it's almost impossible in FIFA.

I can cornfirm that now you can chip or round the keeper. Saw it in one of the woman's game videos. It was impossible in FIFA its back now.

seriously try PS3/X360 demo!
if PES PC/FIFA PC sucks i'll play this. first touch is amazing, ballphysics are nice, the flow of the game can be slow and fast, shooting and passing are varied, keepers are decent, cpu playes differently(i seen tiki taka, cross, long goals from Barca also), also the graphics are beautiful compared to the PES PS3 demo (except the players arent that detailed)

and ive just been trough a penalty shoot out, til the keepers and it seemed like the cpu doesnt cheat with the penalties for sure

*also player models, kit fonts finally done right

Last edited:

well player models look okay, matter of preference but surely fonts are not oversized ugly generic fonts even some teams have their original one. the likes of PSG and PL teams look generic but i dunno what they like in reality. Barca and RMA looks authenthic tho for sure

im sure this is the case for next gen aswell then

yay handball is working on PS3 aswell, even the commentator mentions it and its not happening often tho i got penalty for it for the first time

Something I'm noticing that I think I don't like: the new Driven Ground Pass. Regular passing might be slower but this new passing mechanic allows you to bypass that. I used it to create an incredibly easy one-on-one chance with Ibra (which then ended with a Terry red card and penalty which was kinda cool). I think the idea is okay in concept, especially since they've slowed down regular passing, but it's implementation needs to be tweaked. It's too accurate and players control it too effectively.

oh oh, now i'm in trouble. I never play online, but offline i'm considered as one of the biggest sprint whores in the universe.

seriously try PS3/X360 demo!
if PES PC/FIFA PC sucks i'll play this. first touch is amazing, ballphysics are nice, the flow of the game can be slow and fast, shooting and passing are varied, keepers are decent, cpu playes differently(i seen tiki taka, cross, long goals from Barca also), also the graphics are beautiful compared to the PES PS3 demo (except the players arent that detailed)

and ive just been trough a penalty shoot out, til the keepers and it seemed like the cpu doesnt cheat with the penalties for sure

*also player models, kit fonts finally done right

cpu with Fabregas :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O58-AONtd8

I'm PES this year but that is not to say that this is not a good game.

Anti Aliaising has been sorted, replays are pure theatre and graphics/lighting overall are very good. I prefer the collisions in PES and ball physics.

There is a lack of individuality in both games to be fair but at least we have two decent games this year.

I'm clearly missing things here as this game feels exactly like 15....nothing major is popping out to me.

Defending works
Loose balls that feel loose and no players automatically set on train tracks chasing it
Players have weight
Commentary on highlights :)
Lots more good stupid I can't be bothered typing

I do keep seeing this kind of shit though
http://youtu.be/KVwTZeuPrEI

oh oh, now i'm in trouble. I never play online, but offline i'm considered as one of the biggest sprint whores in the universe.

This ultimately is the biggest difference this year imo. By changing pass speed, sprinting, and the defensive AI, the end-to-end sprint-fest and goal-fest that was last year just doesn't work anymore. None of the exploits I used last year have given me any success in this demo.

For example, my favorite team is Dortmund. Last year I was guaranteed at least 2-3 easy chances by spamming long diagonals to Reus. This year I haven't had a single such chance. And when I have found myself in space, the CPU defense is very good at recovering.

I'm finding World Class to be a nice challenge at the moment and it's been a struggle for me to create chances. Love how much more difficult passing is.

For me the biggest difference between this demo and PES is that with FIFA it's much more emotional. When I score, I'm fist pumping. There's a lot more "wow" moments. I am not getting that feeling with the PES demo.

Back
Top Bottom