FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Played Germany v USA first today and 25 mins in one of the USA players pulled a muscle making a pass, no idea if it's just related to the women's game or what but hope not, great to see a muscle injury not caused by a tackle or fatigue. She finished the game but in the stats it showed 1 injury.

Played Germany v USA first today and 25 mins in one of the USA players pulled a muscle making a pass, no idea if it's just related to the women's game or what but hope not, great to see a muscle injury not caused by a tackle or fatigue. She finished the game but in the stats it showed 1 injury.

How you finding it mate?

Fantastic game this is.
+ Great graphics
+ Gameplay speed slower
+ Defending improved
+ Passing is a joy
+ Individuality & differences in teams
+ Night game looks brilliant. Looks just like the real game at night.
+ Tons of additional animations. Ronaldo runs and plays just like the real one
+ Variation of play from the CPU. Real Madrid is more direct. Barca played different etc.
+ Ball physics were already great but have been improved further.
+ Womans game played very awesome.
+ Nice touches after the game is finished where you can see stats and replays etc. Replays complete with sound and commentary.

I can't stop playing the demo!

Custom tactics seem to work as far as I can tell. Whenever I set Team Width to 1, my full backs tuck in really tightly. Set Pressure and Aggression both to 1 as well. Worked perfectly.

Custom tactics seem to work as far as I can tell. Whenever I set Team Width to 1, my full backs tuck in really tightly. Set Pressure and Aggression both to 1 as well. Worked perfectly.

This game is just joy.. I've never been so excited! :WORSHIP:
Can't wait to play career mode.. take my team to training. Finally play champions league at night (I dreaded FIFA 15 night I played all cup competitions during the day).
Well done EA.

FIFA 16:

- A lot of weird animations

- players models look ugly

- faces look not bad but in Pes better.

- pace is good

- stadia look ice

- night lighting is superb

Ball physics better in Pes

Collision system (haVok) better in Pes

Graphics in two games looks good.

FIFA 16:

- A lot of weird animations

- players models look ugly

- faces look not bad but in Pes better.

- pace is good

- stadia look ice

- night lighting is superb

Ball physics better in Pes

Collision system (haVok) better in Pes

Graphics in two games looks good.
:SHOCK:

we should open a pes vs fifa thread so i can avoid to make a debate* :) here
about this :)

Last edited:

:SHOCK:

we should open a pes vs fifa thread so i can avoid to make a debate* :) here
about this :)

Gabe these are things you just need to ignore :)
I gave my brother who hasn't played PES since PES 5 to try the PES demo this morning.. he said the ball moves like it's on a sliding door (rails) :D:D

Needless to say, he scored 3 chipped through balls with Juve against Baryen.. in his first game since PES 5 and it summed up PES 16.

I gather some people maybe like that - hence the above comment.

Last edited:

@EASPORTSFIFA

#FIFA16Demo on PC will be available later today (September 8) - we'll tweet the link out when ready. Thanks for your patience.

i rather call myself a PES fanboy altough so yeah now i just wish the current PES with FIFA ballphysics/shooting/passing. PES demo is too basic in major areas, FIFA lacks individuality in player likeness and skills. arrow to the knee for both games in my eyes

where should i open a PES v FIFA thread? im voting for Off Topic section

No need for debate guys.One game has fouls and great contacts and chalenges and the other game has no fouls for another year...sorry but i stop to jugde a demo right there,no fouls and just barging is no proper football,a fact!Lets cross fingers so they dont destroy in the retail version of fifa or after the first patch the great pace,speed,momentum and the beautiful chalenges,headers and fouls in this demo...manual is butter this year

Nah, it's football-game related - I'd post it in the FIFA forum. If you post it in the PES forum you'll cause offence with the regulars who only play PES and have no interest in what FIFA's like, whereas in the FIFA forum it's people who play (or played) both (it's why we all joined Evo-Web after all).

i rather call myself a PES fanboy altough so yeah now i just wish the current PES with FIFA ballphysics/shooting/passing. PES demo is too basic in major areas, FIFA lacks individuality in player likeness and skills. arrow to the knee for both games in my eyes

If the conversation stayed objective and people could remain mature in a thread like that i'd be all for it. I enjoy both games but personally think FIFA is so much further advanced in a lot of areas that I find it hard to understand how it can be seen as an inferior game. I won't go into it here but if that thread pops up I'll def get involved...until it gets swapped with offended children defending their game to the death.

Starting to see that a lot of the problems people were claiming to have with the passing is in fact the individuality. Wrong foot passes are slower and off target. There's even variance in pass speed between players.

The thing is it's all quite subtlety done, being pressured or wrong body shape will highlight it more. To those casual gamers it'll appear that passing is broken, and its only as I'm playing and analysing it more I'm seeing it myself.

It's not as pronounced at it could be, but on the other hand, I don't know of many professional footballers who can't make 5/10 passes, unpressured with time and space to feet. A Sunday league footballer can manage that.

My posts are very enthusiastic, but to balance it out I was bored of FIFA 15 after a couple of months, never even completed a season of Manager Mode, 14 I played a bit more and Pro, I haven't invested any serious time in since, I can't remember.

Last edited:

Starting to see that a lot of the problems people were claiming to have with the passing is in fact the individuality. Wrong foot passes are slower and off target. There's even variance in pass speed between players.

The thing is it's all quite subtlety done, being pressured or wrong body shape will highlight it more. To those casual gamers it'll appear that passing is broken, and its only as I'm playing and analysing it more I'm seeing it myself.

It's not as pronounced at it could be, but on the other hand, I don't know of many professional footballers who can't make 5/10 passes, unpressured with time and space to feet. A Sunday league footballer can manage that.

My posts are very enthusiastic, but to balance it out I was bored of FIFA 15 after a couple of months, never even completed a season of Manager Mode, 14 I played a bit more and Pro, I haven't invested any serious time in since, I can't remember.

Forgot to mention that in an earlier post and I completely agree with you.
I had a few situations where i had to shoot under pressure, and it showed.
Shoot with the wrong foot and its weak or way off target. Shoot when your body is already over the ball and again a weak shot.
Same thing with passing.
It's nice to make mistakes like this under pressure.

I forgot to check if there is a pass accuracy slider. That would help as well to create more realism.

Still loving it.

Is there any difference in graphics comparing to the FIFA 15 ?

I'd say there's a subtle improvement, but it's minor. I know that gameplay rules around here but I'd love to see them really go for it with graphics next year. I wonder how much they're pushing the new systems to their potential already.

I often think this with some FIFA elements. On most PES forums it seems the norm to have to give PES time and learn it but because of the perception of FIFA over the years, people dismiss instantly. I only started enjoying FIFA on PS4 after a few months. Once i started to understand some of the smaller nuances i really began to get the most of the game. the AI is still shocking (not played 16 demo) but I can look past that because of the other good things it does. I think nuance is very different to depth, though. It's true it doesn't have great depth in terms of human vs CPU but in sheer gameplay terms and the things i can do with the football, there is.

I often think this with some FIFA elements. On most PES forums it seems the norm to have to give PES time and learn it but because of the perception of FIFA over the years, people dismiss instantly. I only started enjoying FIFA on PS4 after a few months. Once i started to understand some of the smaller nuances i really began to get the most of the game. the AI is still shocking (not played 16 demo) but I can look past that because of the other good things it does. I think nuance is very different to depth, though. It's true it doesn't have great depth in terms of human vs CPU but in sheer gameplay terms and the things i can do with the football, there is.

The CPU is great, went with some recommendations over on Operation Sports to get the CPU to play long ball by adjusting the custom tactics and they worked perfectly. I think the hours I've played today and yesterday are getting close to matching the entire 12 months previous on both games combined.

Close up the faces aren't great, and the shorts are comical, but apart from that I really can't complain at the moment.

Been playing the fifa 16 demo, and I have to say im very impressed at how sim like it really feels, particularly when playing with the woman's teams. Give it ago.. for me this plays better than the men games.
Anyways, fifa this year is definitely weightier than any fifa ive played.. the ball is heavier (as silly as this sounds, I think the prominent ball sounds also contribute to this). The slow pace is amazing :) Everything just feels weighed down which is the feeling ive always loved about pes, when comparing to fifa.
Some cool things ive noticed.. after winning a penalty shootout, you can actually control your celebration :) awesome...
Also celebrations are no longer zoomed in.. I like how they stay at the camera angle I play in.
Also, love the replay footage you can play at the END of the game... full replays of key moments, and FINALL AT A NORMAL SMOOTH gamespeed pace :) I cant believe you still cant do this in the normal replay mode.. its either stutter speed, or smooth but ultra slow.

There are 3 main gripes I have with this game, and fifa in general. 1. Although player physics look much better when close up, or during replays etc..they still need improving in gameplay, currently they are too lanky.. they need some thickening up. Pes has this spot on making it a joy to actually watch.
2. When im controlling messi or hazard etc, I don't feel the individuality that I think these guys should offer.. or im just shite at dribbling in fifa. In pes, when im Robben, I definitely have the edge and feel the difference when running at defenders.
3. Now I don't know if its just my eyes, but it seems fifa is less than 60fps.. it definitely seems to have a lower framerate then pes2016/15, hence the pes demo looks smoother in animation. General gameplay seems ok in fifa, but I notice the lower framerates when shooting, but particularly during penalty shootouts.. im not talking about lag.. just a lower framerate that kind of makes it not look so smooth as it should on a ps4. Ive definitely noticed this in all the fifa penalty shoot outs since fifa came out on ps3...

Anyways, I have to say ill definitely be getting both fifa and pes this year. Both games are much improved from the previous year/s and the best versions yet. Particularly in the full manual way of playing. You really must play both these games in full manual (passing and shooting).

Last edited:

The one thing I never get is when PES has a shortcoming it's interpreted as a feature.. or Konami left it on purpose because of reason 1, 2 3 (although in most cases its simply a lack of development skill from Konami).
When FIFA has the same, its described as shallow as broken.
Take for instance. In PES, the passing is just poor no excuses. But you'll here a lot of explanations why it's perfect on rails like that. Yet you see people criticizing FIFA for it's passing.
It's just beyond me...

Back
Top Bottom