FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Played few games finally and this is how I felt. It is way better than FIFA 15 in terms of everything and more fluid than FIFA 14 and PES 2016. Here are some pros and cons

Pros:
*I like the pace.
*Sprinting is nerfed. No longer seeing the op diagonal runs.
*Through pass much more better.
*Dribbling weight is perfect.
*Ball physics is perfect.
*Shooting is much more controlled and feels really nice.
*Passing feels a bit better in terms of control. Maybe reduce the speed.
*Lob through is better.
*AI defensive positioning and covering is realistic.
*More pronouncing midfield battle.
*Way better build-up play which is indeed rewarding.
*Less counter attacks.
*Better player individualism than FIFA 15.
*Way varied CPU A.I than FIFA 15. (Long pass, crossing, shooting from outside the box).
*No more scripted A.I. It feels more natural.
*Crossing feels more controlled and way better.
*Headers are pretty good.
*Goalkeepers makes some good saves in 1 on 1.
*Strength is key.

Cons:
*Passing with purpose is really overpowered and a ping pong fest. No first touch error and no stats for accuracy of those passes.
*Short passing, long passing and crossing stat does not make any difference at all. Neither the CPU or User.
*Player Instructions do not work at all.
*Custom Tactics makes no difference whatsoever in both CPU or User.
*Standing Tackles seems really nerfed. Needs to be a bit more prominent and should take account of the stat.

I am definitely getting FIFA 16. I was getting tired of the robotic CPU and pace galore online matches. EA Sports finally understands that soccer is not just all about that pace.

I've been playing matches on both demos back and forth all night, and after thinking the PES demo was pretty realistic, I've got to say, I'm blown away with this demo.

However... The passing accuracy of the worse teams, along with the defending, is pissing me off. Is everyone else feeling the so-called defensive overhaul? I still can't get near a fucking striker, on Professional let alone Legendary.

The AI is fantastic - on Professional it's a challenge and on World Class and Legendary, it stays realistic in comparison to 14.

The other major downer for me is that lack of individuality when it comes to passing. Teams play differently but players seem to be clones. PES wins out in that area.

Something I noticed - I went a goal up against Seattle and immediately they stopped trying to be patient and started going for it. Possibly a placebo effect but I'm not the type to see things that aren't there usually!

So yeah, defending tips please, guys.

Last edited:

hmmm seems like FIFA has less issues or at least fixable ones, i dont trust Konami and its feedback according to the recent years but EA always post gameplay patch details at least so we know what changes have been made and we dont have to play 30+ games to see if something fixed or probably not

dunno on what should i rely, on my heart or on my common sense

I don't want to turn this into a PES v FIFA debate but I am having loads more fun playing this. I prefer everything about it to the PES 16 demo. The shooting is better, visuals are better, atmosphere is better, speed is more realistic, celebrations are better, keepers are better, stadiums look fantastic and we know it will probably work well online when it's available.

I am so pleased with this demo, I wasn't expecting much and have been surprised BIG time.

Scoring a goal in this feels so, so nice.

"I don't want to turn this into a debate, but I, who just signed up in August am going to do just that."

hmmm seems like FIFA has less issues or at least fixable ones, i dont trust Konami and its feedback according to the recent years but EA always post gameplay patch details at least so we know what changes have been made and we dont have to play 30+ games to see if something fixed or probably not

dunno on what should i rely, on my heart or on my common sense
For me, PES needs to have a game speed -1 fix before anything else. Then it's much more playable and comparable.

The thing with my FIFA issues though, is... Can individuality be "patched" in? I don't think so, I think it's a core issue. Same goes for the poorer teams having the same pass accuracy as the best teams.

FIFA, in my opinion, does a great deal of things a lot better. But, is it going to feel like you're playing the same match week in week out? That's my big worry.

I don't feel like that with PES, but, I see lots of stupid things like strikers entering a "half-falling" animation and letting defenders straight-line run off (full pace) with the ball, instant perfect passes and loads of counter attacks. But, when I play against Bayern, they keep possession and probe. It's a different match, it's not the same.

For me, FIFA is stunning, it really is, as long as it doesn't feel like I'm playing the same team making the same decisions over and over again.

Played a couple of games and the game still lacks that one more game feeling for me, definitely don't feel individuality, which is very important to me, ball physics can look very funny at times, I know speed and acceleration shouldn't be exaggerated but that differentiates certain players and didn't feel it at all, also that long hard pass feels scripted to me also don't feel passing variation between players, all those negatives aside, the nets are fkn amazing and am also impressed with the way AI is aggressive and fouls you if you try to overtake a player or try to get away, the shirt pulling looks really good this year, the player models are an improvement from last year, hopefully next year they emphasise all there resources on player ID/individuality.

Last edited:

For me, PES needs to have a game speed -1 fix before anything else. Then it's much more playable and comparable.

The thing with my FIFA issues though, is... Can individuality be "patched" in? I don't think so, I think it's a core issue. Same goes for the poorer teams having the same pass accuracy as the best teams.

FIFA, in my opinion, does a great deal of things a lot better. But, is it going to feel like you're playing the same match week in week out? That's my big worry.

I don't feel like that with PES, but, I see lots of stupid things like strikers entering a "half-falling" animation and letting defenders straight-line run off (full pace) with the ball, instant perfect passes and loads of counter attacks. But, when I play against Bayern, they keep possession and probe. It's a different match, it's not the same.

For me, FIFA is stunning, it really is, as long as it doesn't feel like I'm playing the same team making the same decisions over and over again.

If the passing stats don't work with player instructions and custom tactics, it will get repetitive after like 15-20 matches. But hopefully those are the kind of things they would polish it on the release which sadly didn't happen for FIFA 15 but hopefully happens with FIFA 16.

the PS3 version isnt that bad. shooting and passing feels good, have lot of varieties, also defence is tight, i cant run around

I said I wouldn't download this. But couldn't hold back. It's pretty damn good.

However... I can't seem to understand how to take advantage of the new No Touch Dribbling. Has anyone else learn how to work with it yet?. I get dispossessed when I use it.

Other than that... players have lots of different paces and speeds, which is awesome.

The learning curve to master this game won't be steep but there are many things the FIFA 15 players like me will need to get used to.

Someone mentioned earlier that the PC demo normally drops mornings Euro time, so hopefully in the next hours.

Initial impressions

1. I like it. For the first time I see real deep improvement especially AI . Not jusr shiny surface level stuff
2. I did a few things I wouldn’t normally do in FIFA game (pass the ball around, pick an opening)
3. Speed isn’t a dwal breaker anymore. Which is wonderful.
4. Headers are way,way too overpowered

5 hour verdict: There is no way this is EA Sports final product. It’s way too enjoyable and un automated and random in the to be enjoyed by the masses.

My worry is ea fuck it up and make it faster for full release. For the first time ever for me, slow is slow and perfect.

Might be the usual placebo effect but I've read a couple of comments where people have said the full game is quicker.

That's my worry cos it's perfect as is

The AI is much better than previous years. Still haven't seen many long range efforts but they attack in different ways.
Ea are very generous with the amount of teams you get in demo. Gives you a chance to try out lots of different teams. I'm loving playing as PSG away on the counter attack.

The major difference between PES and FIFA is that Konami patch the game better. EA do the opposite. I’ll be delighted and highly surprised if the game we are playing in December resembles the game we are playing now

I've noticed some individuality.when I played against Man City, Sterling was direct and tried to outpace my RB down the line every time he got the ball, no other player on the demo has done that.

Also the couple of times I used the player instructions they seemed to work. Agree about the tackling though, I've switched back from tactical to legacy and back again now, it's easier to keep shape and your teammates do a much better job, however defending 1 on 1 is tricky, which makes upping the difficulty somewhat pointless.

More testing today.

Slider tweaks are more noticeable with lower stat players so yes individuality can be refined that way from my experience.

And of course on PC there'll be any number of Ini tweaks and other mods to improve the gameplay more :)

"Analog sprint" is ON by default, don't forget to put in off if like me you switch R2 with R1 to run ;)
I've played like this yesterday, perhaps that's why acceleration was weird for the player (no "boost").

Last edited:

However... I can't seem to understand how to take advantage of the new No Touch Dribbling. Has anyone else learn how to work with it yet?. I get dispossessed when I use it.

I'm having the exact same thing. When i do this the player turns sideways and i lose the ball. Then again, this also happens to me whenever i try to do a trick. That's why i never do this stuff.

Gameplay feels great. I put it on slow. On Fifa 15 i slowed the game down even more by decreasing the accelleration slider.
Game feels harder. I'm now playing on semi pro, when normally i play on pro or world class. Goals are hard to come by.

Played Real Madrid against Barca and game was quick paced.
After that i played as PSG against Dortmund, and it was slower.
In general the CPU passes the ball around a lot more.
In one game, when i went a goal up the cpu started to pass around less and became more agressive trying to force a goal.
It was a great experience.

I do agree with what some people said about teams having the same pass accuracy but sofar it does not bother me.
Let's hope the final game is as good or even better.

Im liking the fifa 16 demo ,i tried to like fifa 15 ,but it was so unbalanced and superfast i could not play it for long .
The fifa demo plays a balanced game ,with great presentation ,like the subs scenes .
The tackle recovory is a good feature also.
If final game plays like demo i buy it ,hope the dont screw it up with patches to make it superfast again to please futkids .
Would like to enjoy seasons online with 3 star teams again like i did with fifa 14.

Back
Top Bottom