FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

this complaint sounds like a body position problem not a shot problem. for example if you are trying to shoot at bad angles or when off balance or 180degree behind you then yeah your shot should mess up and be miss-hit. maybe i am wrong but i can just imagine players who dont take these factors into account will be wondering why they cant hit good shots lol. :P

btw, pes ps4 demo released one day early too for NZ and then the UK demo went live that midnight. so hopefully uk fifa demo comes tonight also

Exactly my take on it as well.

First of all the game seems a lot harder, playing full manual and have yet to score a goal in 5-6 games.
Pace is toned down a lot, I can see pace abusing no longer being a thing.

The speed of normal passes seems to have been brought down quite a lot, probably too much I'd say (only played on manual so may be a manual issue). I think they've done this to get you to use that flipping driven pass, which I can tell already will be abused by the mugs online.
Also there seems to be a delay when trying to cross the ball, again maybe a manual problem.

Played a few games with the women's teams and these games play so much better than the men for some reason.
Overall it is definitely improved from 15, will take a bit of getting used to the new features tho.

Wow, loving this demo. IF this is how the full release plays, this is gonna be special.

Biggest first impression is the slower game pace. I think this is down to two big things: passing speed is slower and player acceleration and sprint is toned down. As is, pace abuse isn't a thing.

Next big difference is how much better defending is, though I think this will take time to really tell if there aren't major flaws/exploits.

A huge advantage FIFA has over PES is just the astounding variety in gameplay. I think a lot of this has to do with the ball physics - you really feel like anything can happen with the ball - as well as with the huge library of animations the game now has to call upon. So, so much variety. Whether there's variety between different playstyles will take time to figure out but at least no match ever feels the same.

Another big positive is the minor improvements to player models. I hated the change last year but now they feel less skinny and more realistic. Player weight is fantastic.

So far I haven't noticed crossing being OP. It does seem like attackers are a bit too good at getting onto crosses relative to defenders, but I haven't seen any goals yet from crosses.

I'm also really liking how organic the CPU AI feels to play against.

Once again this just proves to me how you cannot trust all the pre-release youtube vids for the quality of gameplay.

Seriously considering cancelling my PES pre-order.

Obviously you just need to have another email to use for confirmation? Everything else is the same in terms of creation? I'm tempted to create one.

Yeah just create a new acount registered with a New Zealand address (or Australia I guess as it's on there now as well), I just googled a random McDonalds in New Zealand and used that address :)

Handballs work..........I repeat, handballs are working.

Excellent news! Almost feels like a new feature to have them back working! ;)

It made laugh that they just didn't bother fixing them in Fifa 15. I enjoy having them on, makes the game a little more interesting. The early demo feedback seems very encouraging, although i'm sure it gets this sort of reaction every year.

The encouraging signs for me though are that the PES2015 fans are enjoying it. Could mean our rekindled flirtation with PES series could be very short indeed.

Another big positive is the minor improvements to player models. I hated the change last year but now they feel less skinny and more realistic. Player weight is fantastic.

Uh, it was quite the opposite, no? Some player models were far too beefy.

Just played on Professional, as Chelsea against Dortmund, and got absolutely smashed 4-0.

On PROFESSIONAL. (After a FIFA 15 career mode on World Class & Legendary.)

I'm quite happy with how the AI is passing the ball around, but I will say, defensively, I'm feeling no difference whatsoever so far. In that sense, I'm disappointed - I still find players running full-steam past the opposition player no matter how I approach them, and again, that's on Professional.

But overall, it seems like a slower, much more realistic game all-round.

The AI is worlds apart from FIFA 15 - it was clearly a priority, and on Professional I'm fighting tooth and nail for slim victories.

It feels like the AI is really trying - not cheating - and I love that. Full marks for the effort they've put in - in terms of realism, even the player movement is much better, with everything having a "weight".

It's a joy to behold, BUT, I still say the defending is a bit lacklustre, unless it has to "click" somehow. I'm holding X, running towards the opposition player, stopping far too short of them for a tackle and being held off by some sort of invisible wall, and I can't take the ball back unless they choose to pass it to me...

Fingers crossed something happens in the next few games and I discover I can defend, because everything else feels pretty damn great.

Oh, also, graphically, got to say, I think PES betters this now. Feels like a downgrade going from PES to this demo - but it's all about the gameplay for me (how times change)...

how long are the games?
4 minutes sadly...

Last edited:

Uh, it was quite the opposite, no? Some player models were far too beefy.

It was actually both - some players were too beefy in the upper body, not many though, but the default model was anorexic.

I just know that I HATED last year's models but they're fine for me now.

I'm watching this recording:

http://www.twitch.tv/djmariio/v/14882418

And I'm surprised at the CPU AI, it actually doesn't look like robotic, scripted AI that's predictable. Previously you'd close the AI down and you knew they'd spin on the spot but it seems pretty good at controlling the ball and finding an open player.

Good stuff.

Can anyone play with the best passing team against the worst passing team and tell me the pass accuracy stat?

The ball physics and pace of the game are so good, I'm extremely impressed.

This is a day one buy, no doubt about it.

Four minute halves, sorry!

The more I play it, the more I love the AI... But still not clicking with the defending! How is everyone else winning the ball back?!

Same, defending is quite difficult but very rewarding. I keep my shape with contain and wait for them to make an error.

The CPU AI is so, SO much better in this than FIFA 15.

God damn, this is really good! Dare I say it, better than FIFA 14 (which I loved)

I have switched to TELE view. Makes the gameplay even more of a realistic pace - plus it makes defending a tad easier too for some reason!

Back
Top Bottom