FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

On a serious note, I'm honestly looking forward to it.
I thought sticking with PES 2016 would be a no brainer but this is seriously starting to grow on me. And of course I haven't tried the demo yet.

If it plays like it looks, I can see myself jumping ship another time. :D

yeah thats what i was thinking of but than again, the full game could be really different by changing the pace, passing, keepers, shooting even just a bit

The only concern I have (and that's why I won't preorder as I got burned with FIFA 14 bought pretty much at dayone) is always the same. I fear that at release the game will play great, then via a day1-patch they'll revert to the same usual exploit-friendly mess.

I really hope this is not the case. I mean, Milestone did a great thing with SBK X: they created two separate game modes one called arcade (where you could just run with full gas pretty always without the fear of falling, where you had a 'boost' to easily overtake opponents, where you got rewarded for wheelies and skids) and the other called simulation (which is still the hardest motorcycling experience I've ever had as a gamer, as controlling the bike was really really challenging).
If Milestone managed to do it, I can't get my head around why EA can't.
Are you listening, EA? :PRAY:

just make everything balanced, i dont even ask for 40-50 stats for the players now in either of the games. just make one balanced new age game finally one of you!

i dont care about licensec, good online, game modes, i would settle with everything we have now just make one good gameplay i can play for another 10 years (since PES 6 and ISS Pro Evo 2 is a bit outdated).....said isnt it? :D

There's a new guy at work (uni student) and I just happened to mention FIFA, and he tells me he was in the Pro Clubs beta. Had to resist the urge to go into a jealous rant about how much career mode I've played without getting a beta (that's a lie, I totally ranted about that).

Cue me mining him for information for the past half an hour... He reckons the AI seems to play differently (bit more variation in the play), you feel like you have "more control" over the players (perhaps at the cost of losing individuality, which marries up with those earlier career mode beta comments), and that he couldn't go back to 15 (which is the opposite of how I felt going from 14 to 15, so I'm a bit more positive now, especially since he said he hates Ultimate Team and how that plays).

His only negative was the shooting, which he said feels really difficult to get right and apparently he hit a lot of no-power dribbled-off-the-player's-boot type shots, without being able to get used to it before the beta ended.

I'm super excited about FIFA 16. It's most things I hoped for and more.. Fog looks gorgeous... I didn't care about the woman's game but it looks fun for tournaments I will give that a go when I take a break from career mode. If FIFA 16 plays like this and they don't break it with the updates I will be happy till FIFA 17.

Installing now.

Please let my DM stay in position, please let there be different footballing styles by cpu, please don't have the cpu dribbling in circles for 5 minutes then making impossible turns while my defenders can't move......

Installing now.

Please let my DM stay in position, please let there be different footballing styles by cpu, please don't have the cpu dribbling in circles for 5 minutes then making impossible turns while my defenders can't move......

Going to test the same. :PRAY:

Game speed is much slower then before, and slower then the PES demo, everything feels like it's weighed down as it should be by gravity. So far so good, seen the cpu go back to the keeper, across the back for and down the channels. Don't think sprint abuse will work as it stands but that could all change with patches. Madrid have tried to hit Bale and Ronaldo with the long diagonal a few times which is cool, it's been pretty tight in the midfield as well, Busquets protecting that back four.

Game speed is much slower then before, and slower then the PES demo, everything feels like it's weighed down as it should be by gravity. So far so good, seen the cpu go back to the keeper, across the back for and down the channels. Don't think sprint abuse will work as it stands but that could all change with patches. Madrid have tried to hit Bale and Ronaldo with the long diagonal a few times which is cool, it's been pretty tight in the midfield as well, Busquets protecting that back four.
Squeeeeee!

More impressions, please!

Back
Top Bottom