FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Think we could be onto a winner here lads. Must remember to turn off updates on Origin, I can see why certain 'gamers' haven't liked it as it plays now.

I lost the ball deep in Mardrid's half, and it took them 6 passes to cross the halfway line.

Switched handball on, let's see if that works, going to play against Chelsea, hopefully tactically they'll be slightly different....

Oh I think graphically it looks really good as well. Wasn't really expecting anything in that department.

Last edited:

Game speed is much slower then before, and slower then the PES demo, everything feels like it's weighed down as it should be by gravity. So far so good, seen the cpu go back to the keeper, across the back for and down the channels. Don't think sprint abuse will work as it stands but that could all change with patches. Madrid have tried to hit Bale and Ronaldo with the long diagonal a few times which is cool, it's been pretty tight in the midfield as well, Busquets protecting that back four.

What about team styles and player individuality? My sister is playing on my PS4 so can't test atm.

Think we could be onto a winner here lads. Must remember to turn off updates on Origin, I can see why certain 'gamers' haven't liked it as it plays now.

I lost the ball deep in Mardrid's half, and it took them 6 passes to cross the halfway line.
My question to you...

If you play against Madrid and then play against a team that should play more direct (or more poorly in general), does the AI play any differently?

This is something that happens in the PES demo whereas in FIFA 15 I very rarely see evidence of that difference in play style.

My question to you...

If you play against Madrid and then play against a team that should play more direct (or more poorly in general), does the AI play any differently?

This is something that happens in the PES demo whereas in FIFA 15 I very rarely see evidence of that difference in play style.

Oh the case now mate.

@fernadez Shooting improved? How is the "feel" compared to Fifa 15? :PRAY:

I scored with a miss hit pea roller from Suarez. Have had a few other shots. Feels better to me, both passing and shooting feel more natural in that you need to be paying attention to what you're doing, but if you want to cut in and bend one top corner as long as you do everything you would in real life then you can.

Defiantly feels like there's more weight behind them.

Ok, Chelsea are sitting much deeper than Madrid were, been hitting Costa from the keeper instead of playing it from the back as well a few longer straight passes mixed in with possession...less direct than Madrid were actually maybe less dynamic explains it better.

Last edited:

Ok, Chelsea are sitting much deeper than Madrid were, been hitting Costa from the keeper instead of playing it from the back as well a few longer straight passes mixed in with possession...less direct than Madrid were actually maybe less dynamic explains it better.
Thanks man, this sounds really promising. Not feeling cheated by the AI yet?

Stamina and player instructions works on FIFA16?

Thanks man, this sounds really promising. Not feeling cheated by the AI yet?

Not yet. Chelsea definitely playing a different style, possession football in their half, much more probing, last attack they had they done exactly that about 10-15 passes then Fabregas jinked between two of my players in the centre circle and was away.

Up the other end let off another daisy cutter with Luis. Was sprinting away, miss timed the shot and the result was a pathetic toe poke.

Up the other end let off another daisy cutter with Luis. Was sprinting away, miss timed the shot and the result was a pathetic toe poke.
This is what the guy I work with is saying about the beta he was a part of, and he said that he never managed to get used to it. Lots and lots of toe-pokes.

Do you feel like you know why that's happening? Do you just need to apply a longer button-press now to avoid it?

This is what the guy I work with is saying about the beta he was a part of, and he said that he never managed to get used to it. Lots and lots of toe-pokes.

Do you feel like you know why that's happening? Do you just need to apply a longer button-press now to avoid it?

I think its because it was a computer game shot and not a real life shot. I sprinted the tried to shot more or less straight on. However when I cut in on the angle with Messi slowed down R2 and tried to bend it, it done exactly what I wanted.

Thank fuck that works. Does CPU now follow Custom Tactics?

Don't think I can check the tactics I can change it by swapping teams, but I imagine itll just revert back when I change back to my original team. There's no edit more.

Don't think I can check the tactics I can change it by swapping teams, but I imagine itll just revert back when I change back to my original team. There's no edit more.

If team plays different, most likely it works for both User and CPU.

Created an NZ PSN and downloading now in case I can't resist the temptation to wait for the PC version :)

Obviously you just need to have another email to use for confirmation? Everything else is the same in terms of creation? I'm tempted to create one.

8 matchs
head goals : 1

positive:
Speed slower than Fifa 15
cool animations news (missing goals, don't give a pass)
defenders
more reaction for goalkeepers
Textures
hands (the players try don't touch the ball with a new animation)

negative:
strong pass with R1...

Is a great game.

this complaint sounds like a body position problem not a shot problem. for example if you are trying to shoot at bad angles or when off balance or 180degree behind you then yeah your shot should mess up and be miss-hit. maybe i am wrong but i can just imagine players who dont take these factors into account will be wondering why they cant hit good shots lol. :P

btw, pes ps4 demo released one day early too for NZ and then the UK demo went live that midnight. so hopefully uk fifa demo comes tonight also

I scored with a miss hit pea roller from Suarez. Have had a few other shots. Feels better to me, both passing and shooting feel more natural in that you need to be paying attention to what you're doing, but if you want to cut in and bend one top corner as long as you do everything you would in real life then you can.

Defiantly feels like there's more weight behind them.

Back
Top Bottom