FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

God damn, this is really good! Dare I say it, better than FIFA 14 (which I loved)

I have switched to TELE view. Makes the gameplay even more of a realistic pace - plus it makes defending a tad easier too for some reason!

really? im finding the pace outrageously fast, i wonder you are finding it realistic and im finding it too fast?

This is a masterpiece. First time in years a new Fifa actually feels like a new game.
I'm actually impressed with the graphics, it's much more crisp now, felt kind of "blurry" previous years.
Running to the sideline to celebrate with the subs is just awesome :)

really? im finding the pace outrageously fast, i wonder you are finding it realistic and im finding it too fast?

Have you zoomed the cameras out? It feels quicker on default view.

This is slower than PES 2016 default speed - and I haven't even pulled it down into 'Slow' yet which is what I will probably do with Career Mode.

Have you zoomed the cameras out? It feels quicker on default view.

This is slower than PES 2016 default speed - and I haven't even pulled it down into 'Slow' yet which is what I will probably do with Career Mode.

Agreed.

Disagree. Players acceleration are much slower but you can turn with the ball without inertia much much faster than in PES, also the pass rythm is higher.

So NO the game isn't slower: only players speed while running have changed.
Btw the game is good, even if the feeling is similar to Fifa 15 which is still one of the worst, on long terms, Fifa i've ever played.

Seriously i'm a bit disappointed, i was hoping something a bit less "Fifa 15 Ignite" in the global feeling.
Havok/Fox engine is definitively better in terms of physicality, Ignite improves especially visual and animations, but very lightly physics in comparison to older Fifa generation PS360/for me it still the same.

Last edited:

Playing on Professional, I've switched to playing as superstars against minnows (e.g. Seattle Sounders), and at 90 minutes... Seattle have 60% possession and a 90% pass accuracy. Every time.

They're playing safe, short passes, but even so. They're not making bags of mistakes - in-fact, the only goals I've scored have been from miles outside the box because I couldn't get through the defence.

The worry begins...

I am quite happy to be honest. Now we have to wait and hope that the patches or the release does not screw up the game.

Playing on Professional, I've switched to playing as superstars against minnows (e.g. Seattle Sounders), and at 90 minutes... Seattle have 60% possession and a 90% pass accuracy. Every time.

They're playing safe, short passes, but even so. They're not making bags of mistakes - in-fact, the only goals I've scored have been from miles outside the box because I couldn't get through the defence.

The worry begins...

Danggit. Hopefully we don't get on that issue where CPU ignores passing stat and is always accurate. That problem cannot be fixed with gameplay patches either.

Disagree. Players acceleration are much slower but you can turn with the ball without inertia much much faster than in PES, also the pass rythm is higher.

So NO the game isn't slower: only players speed while running have changed.
Btw the game is good, even if the feeling is similar to Fifa 15 which is still one of the worst, on long terms, Fifa i've ever played.

Seriously i'm a bit disappointed, i was hoping something a bit less "Fifa 15 Ignite" in the global feeling.
Havok/Fox engine is definitively better in terms of physicality, Ignite improves especially visual and animations, but very lightly physics in comparison to older Fifa generation PS360/for me it still the same.

Not sure about that. Turning might be quicker but there's so much more space in PES to do dashing 50-yards sprints. And I'm finding one-touch passing much harder to do in the FIFA demo whereas in PES it's pretty easy. The PES demo was much more end-to-end for me whereas this is more measured.

And I don't think either engine necessarily has the upper hand at this point when it comes to physicality. What PES does is very good and always looks realistic, whereas FIFA can be a bit more rough around the edges, but I'd argue that's largely because the variety of animations is SO much more than in PES. So PES does less, but what it does tends to be - maybe - a bit better. But the variety in FIFA... there's no comparison.

I don't want to turn this into a PES v FIFA debate but I am having loads more fun playing this. I prefer everything about it to the PES 16 demo. The shooting is better, visuals are better, atmosphere is better, speed is more realistic, celebrations are better, keepers are better, stadiums look fantastic and we know it will probably work well online when it's available.

I am so pleased with this demo, I wasn't expecting much and have been surprised BIG time.

Scoring a goal in this feels so, so nice.

Plus after playing so much of the PES demo it's really nice to see fouling in the game. I've already had two red cards and I just had Costa injured by a terrible tackle by the CPU.

The worry begins...

I'm seeing annoyingly high pass accuracy too. Just played Seattle with BvB - I dominated, had 60% possession, but they still had 89% accuracy. It was in the rain too.

I'm seeing annoyingly high pass accuracy too. Just played Seattle with BvB - I dominated, had 60% possession, but they still had 89% accuracy. It was in the rain too.

Thats the great thing about sliders. This game is an absolute joy on slow speed.

The more I play, the more I'd be shocked if there aren't some changes made by EA for the full release. For one, I'd be really surprised if they don't increase pass speed. I'm not saying it needs an increase; I'm saying I could see a lot of people complaining it's too slow. I could also see them increase movement speed too. I'm just not sure this game is intense and fast-paced enough for what most people seem to want.

And there's def some rough edges. Getting the ball off the CPU can be a real bitch and their pass accuracy is too high. Also, defending is improved but I still see some lapses while your teammate defenders can still lack aggression and awareness at times.

And even though I like the player models more now, I still much prefer PES's.

That said, I really like that goals are hard to come by, which is the complete opposite from last year. Will that change for the final release? It's gonna be real interesting to see how this compares to the final build.

Last edited:
FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Really enjoying this and I didn't think I would.
Passing is lovely and ball physics are great. Shooting is great as well.
One thing they need to work on is player likeness. Some are utter crap. Pes wins this hands down.
The game looks lovely in Tele.
What game am I enjoying more? I've played about 8 games tonight of FIFA and when I downloaded Pes I played about 2.
I'll play FIFA again tomorrow to see if I feel the same. See if I see anything that annoys me. I know what to look for in pes when it comes to looking for faults. Not so much with FIFA. I'm sure it has its faults. But for tonight at least FIFA is edging Pes. Let's see how I feel tomorrow.

Last edited:

Btw, there is obvious poor compression of those last 3 FIFA 16 full game vids on YT so it looks faster than it actually is. At least I'm noticing instances where the vid speeds up and then slows down. So it may appear faster for that reason

Last edited:

Played few games finally and this is how I felt. It is way better than FIFA 15 in terms of everything and more fluid than FIFA 14 and PES 2016. Here are some pros and cons

Pros:
*I like the pace.
*Sprinting is nerfed. No longer seeing the op diagonal runs.
*Through pass much more better.
*Dribbling weight is perfect.
*Ball physics is perfect.
*Shooting is much more controlled and feels really nice.
*Passing feels a bit better in terms of control. Maybe reduce the speed.
*Lob through is better.
*AI defensive positioning and covering is realistic.
*More pronouncing midfield battle.
*Way better build-up play which is indeed rewarding.
*Less counter attacks.
*Better player individualism than FIFA 15.
*Way varied CPU A.I than FIFA 15. (Long pass, crossing, shooting from outside the box).
*No more scripted A.I. It feels more natural.
*Crossing feels more controlled and way better.
*Headers are pretty good.
*Goalkeepers makes some good saves in 1 on 1.
*Strength is key.

Cons:
*Passing with purpose is really overpowered and a ping pong fest. No first touch error and no stats for accuracy of those passes.
*Short passing, long passing and crossing stat does not make any difference at all. Neither the CPU or User.
*Player Instructions do not work at all.
*Custom Tactics makes no difference whatsoever in both CPU or User.
*Standing Tackles seems really nerfed. Needs to be a bit more prominent and should take account of the stat.

I don't know about you guys, but i was very sceptical about fifa 16 after watching some gamescom vids. I'm so glad to be wrong, pace feels great even on defaul speed with assisted settings. The player touches/momentum is like the best in fifa history and is great even compared to PES(i think it's one of pes stonger sides). Now we have 2 weeks of waiting and praying that EA won't screw this up and increase the speed and players agility like they used to. 4min halves isnt enough to fully evaluate and enjoy this game though. Feels like a refined mix of fifa 14 and 15, with much better balance overall.

FUT draft could be fun. Plus it's 6 min halves instead of 4 in the regular demo matches.

There is no need to do a comparison this year..

Yeah, we all know that you're gonna say that, for you Fifa is way better every year and it's a matter of fact in your head, without solid argument.

But i agree after few matchs that the demo is promising and i like it more and more (i'm buying both every year, so i'm not a pes fanatic you know), but not astonishing as EA sells to us.
I don't feel the pressing have been improved since last year. No battlefield in the middle, always box-to-box style, but that's Fifa's philosophy since Tactical Defense have been included i respect that.

Now i'm praying for PES that demo feedbacks will be listenning and applied, and we gonna have two great footy games with different philosophy :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom