FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Hello bro sorry I spam 3 times, do you know how to fix widescreen problem with fifa 16? I use scoreboard changer while the game running but when I click on ALT+TAB to switch between Fifa 16 and the scoreboard changer tool, I can't go back to widescreen resolution. The game just stays to windowed resolution and there a nothing to do. Any solutions?
I already answered you in the other thread. Take a look. ;)

This really is a beautiful game. I have to say, it's taken me years to adjust to FIFA 16 despite many of you advising me to play it. I did play it on PS4 around release but I just didn't enjoy it. But buying it on PC has 'saved' football gaming for me.

I've installed the FIFA Infinity mod, @Matt10's superb slider set and my Fiorentina career mode going very nicely indeed. * chef's kiss *

What strikes me about this game after playing the god-awful FIFA 23 earlier is personality. This game has a ton of it. The CPU plays so aggressively at times, tackles flying in, and physical midfield battles. It never gets old wrestling an attacking winger off the ball. It's such an unpredictable game. Earlier this evening, the CPU right-back passed back to its GK, who then made a mess of the pass and I was in on goal. Stuff like that rarely happens in the newer football games.

Sure, it's a bit fast, even on the slow setting. The CPU pings the ball around too quickly at times but it's the nearest thing we've got to a classic PES game. EA had it sorted with the Ignite Engine. It just works. Gameplay is smooth, ball physics are pretty good too for an old game.

It's weird. I haven't added any turf or visual mods. I'm just using FIP 22/23 season mod for teams and leagues etc. But the pitch looks so nice compared to modern-day FIFA with its weird luminous green pitches. And I love just playing matches. No pointless, tedious training calendar to deal with. No pointless press conferences to attend. No kit selection screens being buried in menus we don't need. It's just good, clean fun.

Frostbite - I'll never understand how EA still think it's an engine which handles football gaming. Because it doesn't, it really doesn't. There hasn't been ONE decent Frostbite FIFA in my opinion (and yes, some will argue FIFA 17 is a fine football game but I disagree, it's way too passive to be enjoyable).

probably been mentioned before but i booted up 16 on my playstation for the first time like 6-9 months and i see the servers are officially shut down.

RIP to best online FIFA of all time

I ended up just having a kick about and watching some collisions in the replay.
still astounded how like every part of the body can hit and interact with oppenonent. looks so good on replays

also collisons are just fluid in general. you can super cancel into and tussle with defenders, try and get round them. in FIFA 23 (and frostbite fifas generally) the collisons are basically you running in a brick wall and nothing happening because it's too complicated for the game to compute. It's a lack of collision system in fifa 23. Still annoyed how the game has regressd so much with collisons

I think this game with sliders (don’t even need mods) is the best football game to play tbh. I literally just turn it on and play 20 minute exhibition matches with the default squads on my PS4 and enjoy it thoroughly. It has PES 5 claustrophobia. Incredible collisions. So many random moments. Incredibly smooth dribbling and the L1 no touch dribbling gives a lot of animation variety. Only slight weakness if any is the passing animations in build up.

I want to do a career mode with 22/23 teams on my laptop but I can’t find FIFA 16 to buy anywhere and not convinced my laptop (Ryzen 4600H & integrated graphics, 8 GB RAM) can handle it with reasonable graphics

I think this game with sliders (don’t even need mods) is the best football game to play tbh. I literally just turn it on and play 20 minute exhibition matches with the default squads on my PS4 and enjoy it thoroughly. It has PES 5 claustrophobia. Incredible collisions. So many random moments. Incredibly smooth dribbling and the L1 no touch dribbling gives a lot of animation variety. Only slight weakness if any is the passing animations in build up.

I want to do a career mode with 22/23 teams on my laptop but I can’t find FIFA 16 to buy anywhere and not convinced my laptop (Ryzen 4600H & integrated graphics, 8 GB RAM) can handle it with reasonable graphics
Can you please share your sliders?

Dumb questions ahead (mind you).

I've always loved FIFA 16, I seriously thought that the Ignite FIFA 14 and FIFA 16 were the best football games ever made by EA (and it's always been like this until... Last winter maybe?) but now I re-installed FIFA 16 from a couple of weeks after some time without playing it (it's the very first version of it, with currently no mods applied) and boom, I can't seem to enjoy it anymore.

I mean, I recognise it's great, but apparently I can't have fun anymore with it. I can't have anymore that "fist-to-the air" moments I used to have back in the daywhen scoring a good goal or winning a difficult match.

What happened?
Is it just me getting older and not willing to commit anymore to a realistic, time-taking experience or it really did age worse than I used to remember?
is it just that the "original season" (kits, rosters) got "outdated" somehow?

Does anyone else feel like this about such a great game like FIFA 16?

I've always loved FIFA 16, I seriously thought that the Ignite FIFA 14 and FIFA 16 were the best football games ever made by EA (and it's always been like this until... Last winter maybe?) but now I re-installed FIFA 16 from a couple of weeks after some time without playing it (it's the very first version of it, with currently no mods applied) and boom, I can't seem to enjoy it anymore.

I mean, I recognise it's great, but apparently I can't have fun anymore with it. I can't have anymore that "fist-to-the air" moments I used to have back in the daywhen scoring a good goal or winning a difficult match.

What happened?
Is it just me getting older and not willing to commit anymore to a realistic, time-taking experience or it really did age worse than I used to remember?

Yep, felt this way for a while sadly. I'm in that place between not being able to enjoy an older game that's a little stiff (and too fast IMO) because I feel like every game is too samey, and not being able to enjoy anything modern because they are nothing but cartoons with no depth whatsoever (and also samey).

I'm enjoying heavily modded PES 2021 with friends at the moment, but against the AI, I find PES6 Original Season patch is the most fun I can manage. The graphics are so outdated that your brain kind of goes "well of course it's stiff, it's a hundred years old" and you can overlook the worst bits. But even then, I'm mostly playing Football Manager at the moment for my football fix.

This really is a beautiful game. I have to say, it's taken me years to adjust to FIFA 16 despite many of you advising me to play it. I did play it on PS4 around release but I just didn't enjoy it. But buying it on PC has 'saved' football gaming for me.

I've installed the FIFA Infinity mod, @Matt10's superb slider set and my Fiorentina career mode going very nicely indeed. * chef's kiss *

What strikes me about this game after playing the god-awful FIFA 23 earlier is personality. This game has a ton of it. The CPU plays so aggressively at times, tackles flying in, and physical midfield battles. It never gets old wrestling an attacking winger off the ball. It's such an unpredictable game. Earlier this evening, the CPU right-back passed back to its GK, who then made a mess of the pass and I was in on goal. Stuff like that rarely happens in the newer football games.

Sure, it's a bit fast, even on the slow setting. The CPU pings the ball around too quickly at times but it's the nearest thing we've got to a classic PES game. EA had it sorted with the Ignite Engine. It just works. Gameplay is smooth, ball physics are pretty good too for an old game.

It's weird. I haven't added any turf or visual mods. I'm just using FIP 22/23 season mod for teams and leagues etc. But the pitch looks so nice compared to modern-day FIFA with its weird luminous green pitches. And I love just playing matches. No pointless, tedious training calendar to deal with. No pointless press conferences to attend. No kit selection screens being buried in menus we don't need. It's just good, clean fun.

Frostbite - I'll never understand how EA still think it's an engine which handles football gaming. Because it doesn't, it really doesn't. There hasn't been ONE decent Frostbite FIFA in my opinion (and yes, some will argue FIFA 17 is a fine football game but I disagree, it's way too passive to be enjoyable).
Are the matches you play very high scoring or more realistic? FIFA 16 sounds pretty interesting. (I’ve been playing PES21 lately)

What happened?

It’s not only about FIFA 16 I feel a bit outdated. Most of my games on my Rig getting less and lesser attention by me. I guess getting older and playing games over 2 decades or even more makes the most Guy’s getting that feeling you mention. Even the newer alternative games can’t surprise me in full manner. I had that feeling that it’s always the same. Rarely exceptions. Look at the last 3 years, even the AAA Titles released full of bucks and unfinished gameplay and on top so damn bad performance.
Anyway, I drift up. I just can say I know from what you are talking. 😉

Would be nice we had an EvoWeb online Server where everyone can participate playing some PES and FIFA matches against another with headsets on. Would be very funny. 😄

Oh I’m definitely a longer half player. Does the gameplay also feel a bit fast? I saw a clip of it, and the movement seemed a bit super fast to me.
Yes it’s fast, even on slow. Matt’s sliders are good though (google search fifa 16 operation sport sliders) they make a huge difference.

FIFA 16 is a weird game though. It can feel fast and frantic at times and I hate it when the cpu does that weird super charged turn-and-first-time-shot thing.

It’s a very good football game, don’t get me wrong. But FIFA 14 still is a better game in my opinion.

Yes it’s fast, even on slow. Matt’s sliders are good though (google search fifa 16 operation sport sliders) they make a huge difference.

FIFA 16 is a weird game though. It can feel fast and frantic at times and I hate it when the cpu does that weird super charged turn-and-first-time-shot thing.

It’s a very good football game, don’t get me wrong. But FIFA 14 still is a better game in my opinion.
Yeah I went back to this recently too and the first thing that jumps out at you is that it controls like a dream. You're not fighting against latent animations or being thrown off by weird skating or uncoordinated foot planting animations like you are on 23. This game is smoother than oil on ice and it's that responsiveness you crave from a football game the same way a serious player needs it from a Street Fighter or Tekken game, it's crucial.

I had a handful of games and there were several moments that look incredible, random, and organic; as if you can truly imagine that kind of chaos happening in a real match.

I do agree with the general consensus that the game is a bit fast even on slow. And once you unsee the ninja tikitaka passing from the COM on legendary difficulty, you can't unsee it and it gets utterly ridiculous at times.

So is there any gameplay mods that slow this game down without ruining the rest of it?
If you can go through the torture of setting up v1 (which doesn't work with the standard stadium server, but does work with @papinho81's fantastic stadium serving app, but you have to install Python for that and do all kinds of techy things that I just about managed the first time around but could never do again because it throws up a few errors due to changed/updated libraries)...

...then that's slightly less frantic than anything that follows it. But even then, it's an issue I don't think you can help but notice - it's not so much that it's simply "too fast" but more that ball physics in terms of acceleration/momentum are off, so it flies like a rocket off the boot no matter what you do (particularly on shorter passes). I've played it with some great mods but never managed more than a few games because it feels too frantic to me.

If you can go through the torture of setting up v1 (which doesn't work with the standard stadium server, but does work with @papinho81's fantastic stadium serving app, but you have to install Python for that and do all kinds of techy things that I just about managed the first time around but could never do again because it throws up a few errors due to changed/updated libraries)...

...then that's slightly less frantic than anything that follows it. But even then, it's an issue I don't think you can help but notice - it's not so much that it's simply "too fast" but more that ball physics in terms of acceleration/momentum are off, so it flies like a rocket off the boot no matter what you do (particularly on shorter passes). I've played it with some great mods but never managed more than a few games because it feels too frantic to me.
Interesting thanks. Been thinking of giving pes21 a break, and trying something else. FIFA 23 with the gameplay mods sounds interesting, but I don’t know. Especially with the upcoming IEM mod. Gives you National League, and UEFA club competitions have more qualification rounds. (Maybe 23 is fast too, but when I saw a clip of 16, the movement of the players just looks double speed)

Interesting thanks. Been thinking of giving pes21 a break, and trying something else. FIFA 23 with the gameplay mods sounds interesting, but I don’t know. Especially with the upcoming IEM mod. Gives you National League, and UEFA club competitions have more qualification rounds. (Maybe 23 is fast too, but when I saw a clip of 16, the movement of the players just looks double speed)
What IEM mod if I can ask ? :P

My personal libraries are available on the thread. Copy paste and you should be good to go.

I'm enjoying heavily modded PES 2021 with friends at the moment, but against the AI, I find PES6 Original Season patch is the most fun I can manage.
I've been having my share of fun with WE8 last year but it was more a "rose tinted glasses" thing than anything else as it reminds me of a great season (even if my beloved AC Milan didn't win a thing in the end).
I also agree that, should I have to choose a football game to throw my hours in currently, it would probably be PES 6 (it's been "coming back" on a regular basis to me to the extent that I think it is the game I'm most attached to).

Well, no flame burns forever (like it was said in a song by Mumford and Sons) I guess. I'm just a little relieved that I'm not the only one feeling like that.
Maybe one day I'll reinstall FIFA 16 out of curiosity and suddenly like it again like I did at its release. I'm not sure of course but hey, who's to say it's surely never going to happen anymore?

I downloaded Football Life because everyone was raving about it and how good it was.

It was pure arcade garbage. No fouls, goalfests, awful scripted comeback logic etc. You know the usual...

I haven't even bothered with the newest FIFAs.

Are they worth checking out? I don't feel like playing a football game that doesn't have fouls and free kicks at all. They are absolutely ridiculous mockery of the sport.

I downloaded Football Life because everyone was raving about it and how good it was.

It was pure arcade garbage. No fouls, goalfests, awful scripted comeback logic etc. You know the usual...

I haven't even bothered with the newest FIFAs.

Are they worth checking out? I don't feel like playing a football game that doesn't have fouls and free kicks at all. They are absolutely ridiculous mockery of the sport.
If fouls are important to you, 100% no.

It's nothing more than PES 2021 with mods. Basically, they imported all the modified assets like turf, database and all such goodies to the actual data package of PES 2021 v1.1 version (cracked base) alongside with their branding. That's it. They also modified the gameplay a bit.

If fouls are important to you, 100% no.

Yes, I think free kicks and fouls are part of the sport of football. There are like 20-40 fouls in a real football game.

Now when you play this arcade garbage you get 0 to 1 fouls per 90 minutes (with 15 min halfs).

That's absolutely laughable.

How can that be called "simulation"? It's like leaving penalties out of a hockey game or 3-point throws out of a basketball game.

Back
Top Bottom