FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Scored my first penalty..
So it is like Pro_Too said
1. Green bar
2. Power
3. Aim
I was aiming first and always going wide.
Still dont know how to turn aiming guide on.
Its not D pad, unless my manual controls and all the guides OFF in settings made it impossible to switch it ON for me.
My aim arrow pops up every now and then ,not for every pen.
Weird.
It's the same system for all the FIFA's i play (16-17-18).

Hi. I've seen that many people have recommended FIFA Infinity Patch since it has the most updated roster (at least until the beginning of the 21-22 season) and seems to be the most complete patch. Do you need to have the game updated to play with that patch or could one play with the v1.0 version?

I've done a fresh download of FIFA with the v1.0 and the updated one from Origin. I haven't played the game since a few months ago. Is there (more or less) a conscensus about the best gameplay configuration? From what I've read here it looks like it's v1.0 with papinho81's gameplay mod (https://evoweb.uk/threads/paps-modding-mess-house-of-placebo.86376/#post-3685794) and by editing the cl.ini file. I remmember using this post's gameplay recommendation (https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/page-235#post-3639171) but I don't know if it's still valid combining it with the gameplay mod.

Thanks for everyone's contribution in this topic. I've still to re-read the last few pages posts so I can see how to download the amazing mods mentiones (faces, scoreboards, overlays, balls, etc.). It can be a bit overwhelming but I'm sure it worth doing.

Hi. I've seen that many people have recommended FIFA Infinity Patch since it has the most updated roster (at least until the beginning of the 21-22 season) and seems to be the most complete patch. Do you need to have the game updated to play with that patch or could one play with the v1.0 version?

I've done a fresh download of FIFA with the v1.0 and the updated one from Origin. I haven't played the game since a few months ago. Is there (more or less) a conscensus about the best gameplay configuration? From what I've read here it looks like it's v1.0 with papinho81's gameplay mod (https://evoweb.uk/threads/paps-modding-mess-house-of-placebo.86376/#post-3685794) and by editing the cl.ini file. I remmember using this post's gameplay recommendation (https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/page-235#post-3639171) but I don't know if it's still valid combining it with the gameplay mod.

Thanks for everyone's contribution in this topic. I've still to re-read the last few pages posts so I can see how to download the amazing mods mentiones (faces, scoreboards, overlays, balls, etc.). It can be a bit overwhelming but I'm sure it worth doing.
Hello! The FIP patch works with every version of Fifa 16 but most of us are playing V1.0 because it has the best gameplay/AI.

As @Chris Davies posted earlier, it's a good start to use @papinho81 gameplay mod + the cl.ini from FIP and play a few games with that combination. If you notice something is missing from the gameplay or needs to be tweaked (depending on your taste), you can edit the cl.ini file later.

I have spent some time today hunting faces for a few of the headless/bugged/missing players to complement @papinho81 amazing pack. I only did the Liga NOS so far. I will probably update this if I eventually find more heads around :)

Here is the list of players I have found and fixed so far:

Ricardo Quaresma (Vitória de Guimarães) 20775
Sacko (Vitória de Guimarães) 230147
Marcus Edwards (Vitória de Guimarães) 235619
Cassierra Mateo (Belenenses) 227557
Lucas Piazon (SC Braga) 203038
Abel Ruiz (SC Braga) 239250
Paulinho (Sporting CP) 216531
Nuno Santos (Sporting CP) 227890
João Palhinha (Sporting CP) 229391
Jovane Cabral (Sporting CP) 244193
Gil Dias (Famalicão) 229453

You just need to copy the data folder to your Fifa 16 main directory and regenerate the files:

Last edited:
So what's the general consensus with playing this on PS4/Xbox? I've got the PS4 copy installed.

I really don't want to mess around with patches and stuff, I've got PES 5 on PC which I don't stop playing plus a patched PES 2017 on there too.

Any good on PS4?

So what's the general consensus with playing this on PS4/Xbox? I've got the PS4 copy installed.

I really don't want to mess around with patches and stuff, I've got PES 5 on PC which I don't stop playing plus a patched PES 2017 on there too.

Any good on PS4?
If you are in vanilla-disc version-1.00, i would say 100% yes. If you are on digital, like me, or fully updated, i would say it depends. This game regressed a lot after the monthly updates, back then, i mean gameplay-wise. It is like the updates destroyed the core gameplay, instead of fix "issues"..:THINK:

Any good on PS4?
General consensus is - Vanilla version is better, which means you need to keep ps4 offline.

Having said that - im playing patched and i love it. AI is sharper and more direct (but not too much).
I had to slow it down heavily with sliders, game speed and up the errors quite a bit. But once I found my sweet spot - I havent touched the sliders since.

If you are in vanilla-disc version-1.00, i would say 100% yes. If you are on digital, like me, or fully updated, i would say it depends. This game regressed a lot after the monthly updates, back then, i mean gameplay-wise. It is like the updates destroyed the core gameplay, instead of fix "issues"..:THINK:

General consensus is - Vanilla version is better, which means you need to keep ps4 offline.

Having said that - im playing patched and i love it. AI is sharper and more direct (but not too much).
I had to slow it down heavily with sliders, game speed and up the errors quite a bit. But once I found my sweet spot - I havent touched the sliders since.
Thanks fellas! Emroth, can you kindly post your sliders? I'll use them if that's cool?

Thanks fellas! Emroth, can you kindly post your sliders? I'll use them if that's cool?
I would but im away atm.
They are heavily based on OS sliders, so you can start there
https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

I definetely have higher pass and shot error and pass speed is lowered to 42 (I think). Few tweaks in marking and FB positioning as well. But you'll feel what needs to be changed when you play it.

Ps. Bare in mind that Im playing full manual, professional difficulty and slow game speed.

I would but im away atm.
https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

I definetely have higher pass and shot error and pass speed is lowered to 42 (I think). Few tweaks in marking and FB positioning as well. But you'll feel what needs to be changed when you play it.

Ps. Bare in mind that Im playing full manual, professional difficulty and slow game speed.
Thanks again mate, appreciate it!

I would but im away atm.

One more thing mate (sorry!), Tactical or Legacy defending? I can't decide - will Legacy make it easier? I want it to be as challenging as possible.

One more thing mate (sorry!), Tactical or Legacy defending? I can't decide - will Legacy make it easier? I want it to be as challenging as possible.
Legacy is easier, though I'd say it's a little more realistic (defenders who run towards the ball as opposed to you having to manually steer them and occasionally running in the complete wrong direction, like your player is literally blind)...

That being said, I prefer tactical for gameplay reasons. It's a "realism" sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to stop each game being 0-0 (whereas the current FIFA's "no midfield" sacrifice leads to really boring gameplay IMO).

Legacy is easier, though I'd say it's a little more realistic (defenders who run towards the ball as opposed to you having to manually steer them and occasionally running in the complete wrong direction, like your player is literally blind)...

That being said, I prefer tactical for gameplay reasons. It's a "realism" sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to stop each game being 0-0 (whereas the current FIFA's "no midfield" sacrifice leads to really boring gameplay IMO).
Good to know, thanks!

FIFA 16 New Camera Package //

I've seen a few of you quite like the 'UserInstantReplayCamera' as a gameplay cam, so I've been working on creating a whole package for that camera, just like the Broadcast Camera I did a while back. This will mean there's no (or very few) weird jump cuts for kick-off, fouls, goalkicks, halftime/fulltime, offside, goals etc. It should all be fairly smooth and much more immersive.

As the camera is based on a replay camera, there's no indicator in game, so I've included the indicator mod I use (which can be turned on and off by pushing the right thumb stick). I've also eliminated the ball cursor and power up bars etc, so it's very clean.

There's a million different values to tweak to get this package working correctly so there's a good chance I might have missed something along the way. I tested as much as possible and it all seems to be working, but if you see weird jump cuts or if you have any crashes let me know and I'll try to fix.

I quite like this angle as well, it looks similar to the Next-Gen camera. Credit to @papinho81 for discovering the initial camera.

Instructions are in the download (which show you how you can zoom in or out more depending on your tastes as well).

Example of the package below.

Enjoy!

Download: https://mega.nz/file/oZtQSB7A#gIsCw1bt7z2_usfO5HeQb3795QRA3_EKPpcKx1Bk7gw

Example.jpg

Last edited:
Have you guys been noticing that the GK is awarded man of the match too many times? I mean, sometimes it even happens with my GK when the CPU does not get a single shot on goal and I win the match comfortably by 2 - 0 or more. So odd! I wonder if it's happening with everyone or if it's just with me.

Last edited:
Hello! The FIP patch works with every version of Fifa 16 but most of us are playing V1.0 because it has the best gameplay/AI.

As @Chris Davies posted earlier, it's a good start to use @papinho81 gameplay mod + the cl.ini from FIP and play a few games with that combination. If you notice something is missing from the gameplay or needs to be tweaked (depending on your taste), you can edit the cl.ini file later.
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the patch and had a blast play with those setting, didn't even changed sliders.

Now I need to install @papinho81's face pack and maybe more because I noticed a lot of missing faces, I played as Milan and Donnarumma was bald with a generic face, same as several players in Barcelona. Plus, I'd love to have accurate scoreboards since I have the generic ones and would like to learn to use correcting the Stadium Server because I couldn't make it work before.

Reactions: cb7
@Mikhail - apologies it took so long, I didnt have time to jump onto ps4 till now
User Com
Sprint 52 52
Accel 48 48
Shot E 55 60
Pass E 65 70
Shot S 50 50
Pass S 42 42
Injury F 90 90
Injury S 50 50
Gk Ab 50 50
Marking 48 48
Run Fr 1 1
Line H 60 60
Line L 50 50
Line W 52 52
FB pos 60 60
FT err 65 75

Slow speed, professional.
As you can see error is bit higher for COM to balance myself playing on Full Manual, since im adding a lot of error myself.
Matches are really nice, but Im aware everyones experience is different, so I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt work for you.
Anyway - best of luck, pal.

@Mikhail - apologies it took so long, I didnt have time to jump onto ps4 till now
User Com
Sprint 52 52
Accel 48 48
Shot E 55 60
Pass E 65 70
Shot S 50 50
Pass S 42 42
Injury F 90 90
Injury S 50 50
Gk Ab 50 50
Marking 48 48
Run Fr 1 1
Line H 60 60
Line L 50 50
Line W 52 52
FB pos 60 60
FT err 65 75

Slow speed, professional.
As you can see error is bit higher for COM to balance myself playing on Full Manual, since im adding a lot of error myself.
Matches are really nice, but Im aware everyones experience is different, so I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt work for you.
Anyway - best of luck, pal.
Mate I really appreciate this and will start a career mode tomorrow with them!

I was just thinking, it is also possible to add a fifa 16 version with the classic patch right?
It would just require renaming the folder to Fifa 16 every time I want to play a certain version.

I was just thinking, it is also possible to add a fifa 16 version with the classic patch right?
It would just require renaming the folder to Fifa 16 every time I want to play a certain version.
Yeah and you need to do the same thing with your My Documents folder for 16.

I have spent some time today hunting faces for a few of the headless/bugged/missing players to complement @papinho81 amazing pack. I only did the Liga NOS so far. I will probably update this if I eventually find more heads around :)

Here is the list of players I have found and fixed so far:

Ricardo Quaresma (Vitória de Guimarães) 20775
Sacko (Vitória de Guimarães) 230147
Marcus Edwards (Vitória de Guimarães) 235619
Cassierra Mateo (Belenenses) 227557
Lucas Piazon (SC Braga) 203038
Abel Ruiz (SC Braga) 239250
Paulinho (Sporting CP) 216531
Nuno Santos (Sporting CP) 227890
João Palhinha (Sporting CP) 229391
Jovane Cabral (Sporting CP) 244193
Gil Dias (Famalicão) 229453

You just need to copy the data folder to your Fifa 16 main directory and regenerate the files:

Very needed, thank you! I hope more leagues are coming. :)

I've seen a few of you quite like the 'UserInstantReplayCamera' as a gameplay cam, so I've been working on creating a whole package for that camera, just like the Broadcast Camera I did a while back. This will mean there's no (or very few) weird jump cuts for kick-off, fouls, goalkicks, halftime/fulltime, offside, goals etc. It should all be fairly smooth and much more immersive.

As the camera is based on a replay camera, there's no indicator in game, so I've included the indicator mod I use (which can be turned on and off by pushing the right thumb stick). I've also eliminated the ball cursor and power up bars etc, so it's very clean.

There's a million different values to tweak to get this package working correctly so there's a good chance I might have missed something along the way. I tested as much as possible and it all seems to be working, but if you see weird jump cuts or if you have any crashes let me know and I'll try to fix.

I quite like this angle as well, it looks similar to the Next-Gen camera. Credit to @papinho81 for discovering the initial camera.

Instructions are in the download (which show you how you can zoom in or out more depending on your tastes as well).

Example of the package below.

Enjoy!

Download: https://mega.nz/file/gUlCDRCZ#K-TwFHhuw9GmmqVw-EPIP_NzDKFi1pXA546jfu53Ans

View attachment 113330
Just wondering, are you using CGFS or a scoreboard selector for the Premier League scoreboards?

hey guys,

just had another quick look for cheap FIFA16 PC keys and look what i found.

cant go wrong with the expert offer for 10 bucks, right: https://www.expert.de/shop/unsere-produkte/gaming-freizeit/pc-gaming-hardware/pc-spiele/21300111005-pc-game-fifa-16-software-pyramide.html?campaign=idealo/se/21300111005-pc-game-fifa-16-software-pyramide&campaignid&idealoid=2108040624561130272

an ebay seller with A LOT of positive reviews is selling for cheap too: https://www.ebay.de/itm/20352461016...id=5337770552&customid=sDKeog7FJcPkttEr_ejw9A

been setting up my new system now every day (you know how it is), fine tuning and optimizing and having a lot of fun while doing so (learning a lot here). i put down some serious miles/km with the Porsche every day too and last night i noticed, i havent played FIFA16 for a week and i was playing that game every week...
200.gif

so, while the PS5 is sitting abandoned in the living room, the FIFA16 disc lazy hanging out of the disc tray, i plan to have the full blown FIFA16 expirience this weekend!

quick reacap, all i need is:
windows, FIFA16 key, origin client, FIP patch, cam packs, scoreboads and such.... thats it!?
found the FIFA editing section and will go through the latest comments here... @Chris Davies had a good summary afair!

edit:
found @Chris Davies summary post: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/page-258#post-3733075

and thats the @papinho81 mod i need to install? https://evoweb.uk/threads/paps-modding-mess-house-of-placebo.86376/#post-3685794
+ face pack (end of the comment)!?

FIP 4.1 from here!? https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fip-16-v-4/

Last edited:
guys hello can you help me to solve the sporadic lag I have during the game ?? thanks...Game with the press stand camera

So yesterday I finally managed to get FIFA 16 running with v1.0 and FIP 4.1, no idea what I did the first time but it was obviously completely wrong! Thanks to everyone in this thread for their help on this, it's appreciated :). Managed to start a Career mode with Bradford, playing on Professional with FUMA. Ended up losing 2-1 to Newport County :D, but there's some definite PES2021 muscle memory I need to get rid of as I can't defend full stop!

Has anyone had any issues with a player career, where you create your own player? I tried doing this and after the player creation screens it dumped me to the desktop. I had a similar issue with manager career, but realised I had to bypass the pre-season friendly tournaments as they were causing the issue.

Thanks this is a really cool camera, I don't actually use the training indicator as I just think it looks so big & jarring when every other hud element had green disabled.

Thankfully, as the player switching is just so damn good on this I can play with out the player indicators because the game always switches to the most appropriate defender who's closest and is facing the ball carrier.

It says a lot about how bad player switching is on other games when you can always count on it to give you the player you need stress free without an indicator.

Back
Top Bottom