FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Do the scoreboards need another tool to install, not just placing into the FIFA folder like other mods? CGFS is mentioned, I don't think I've used that before!

Each scoreboard features a "fonts" file with the same name in the same directory, so it's impossible to extract them without overwriting the last one - unless I use CGFS... I think?
As far as I know the CGFS tool is not compatible with v1.00 / 1.01. You would need to update the game to the latest version to use that tool. What you can do is manually paste the font and game folders to the data/ui folder and regen. That's the only way to do it I think.

If you are currently playing and using the EPL scoreboards, for example, and need to play a CL match, you will just need to replace the font and game folders and regen them again.

If you want to assign stadiums, you can set up the amazing @papinho81 stadium server. It's really really worth it: https://evoweb.uk/threads/stadium-server-r-app.80625/

Then decided to play 2 games of Fifa 20.
Visually it looks much better, but man does that game feel weird.
All those unrealistic twists and turns, the horrible defending. It's terrible
I know exactly what you mean. There is no weight at all, its really visible coming from 16. Funny enough - even Pes21 feels awful. Sluggish and very unresponsive. Collisions and fouls are also ridiculous coming from F16.

I think I found my sweet spot with sliders on patched version. Really enjoying it now. Physicality and defending is brilliant. And the ball is free as a bird!

I know exactly what you mean. There is no weight at all, its really visible coming from 16. Funny enough - even Pes21 feels awful. Sluggish and very unresponsive. Collisions and fouls are also ridiculous coming from F16.

I think I found my sweet spot with sliders on patched version. Really enjoying it now. Physicality and defending is brilliant. And the ball is free as a bird!

Fully agree, and it gives me little hope for '22.
The games feel different in 16 as well although it's not really the teams that play different.
It's more the flow of the games. Perhaps a bit of scripting but in a good way.

I have games where i dominate and win 3-0, games where i have a lot of posession and lose cause the cpu is more efficient.
Games that are slow (mostly the ones in the rain which makes sense) and some faster ones.
Also in some games i have more time on the ball than in others.

So far i'm really liking the patched ps4 version with sliders. And it's not looking half bad on my ps5 either.
Can't even imagine how much more and better options you have for this version on the pc.

Do the scoreboards need another tool to install, not just placing into the FIFA folder like other mods? CGFS is mentioned, I don't think I've used that before!

Each scoreboard features a "fonts" file with the same name in the same directory, so it's impossible to extract them without overwriting the last one - unless I use CGFS... I think?
I have different folders that I use for scoreboards ect. In ‘UI’ you have ‘FONT’ and ‘GAME’ I use different ‘GAME’ folders for every specific tournament.

Tried the FIP patch today for the first time trying FIFA 16 in a long time.
Got raped 4-0 by Inter although I had 65% possession.

The game is so different to latest FIFA games and need to learn to score when it is a lot more difficult to work the ball quickly and create an opening when the AI defends like a proper football team would, rather than absolute gaping holes everywhere.

It is also nice to play in 8K, even though the graphic markers are a bit too small.

One of the issues, I have with it though is you can’t play a champions league tournament or World Cup in the tournaments section without doing a custom tournament, as don’t really want to play a career mode.

One of the issues, I have with it though is you can’t play a champions league tournament or World Cup in the tournaments section without doing a custom tournament, as don’t really want to play a career mode.
Yeah you can. You can even go one better, and play all the qualifying rounds. I love playing as an Irish team and starting in UEFA CL qualifying round one.

Just use the FIP Tournament Selector EXE!

I think something has gone wrong with my player face import... Little help @Anth James and @papinho81...

:LMAO:

Player is West Brom's GK, Johnstone. Only happens when zoomed out - when you switch to a close-up it's fine!

Sorry, just saw this now. Glad Pap found you the fix. Living on the other side of the world to almost all of you means I'm playing catch up! ....although it is Thursday morning here already:BYE:

I have different folders that I use for scoreboards ect. In ‘UI’ you have ‘FONT’ and ‘GAME’ I use different ‘GAME’ folders for every specific tournament.
If I put all of the scoreboards in unique folders within the "GAME" folders, there's nothing to tell the game which folder is for which tournament though, right? So do you use a scoreboard selector?

I tried installing all of them at once and it didn't work correctly - because lots of files are shared between scoreboards. For example, there's one overlay file that puts a watermark at the bottom right of the screen - so the same file (say it's called "overlay12" for example) is used for the EPL, and for the Bundesliga. If you extract them in that order, your EPL scoreboard will have a Bundesliga watermark.

Thank you so much (and thanks @papinho81 for the suggestion), that's fixed it!

@JochemLFC - I've had a quick look at Soccer Gaming but I can't find the scoreboard you're using. Please could you point me to where I could get it (same for any Europa League one, and any on-field music mods)?

There's an alternate replay logo available in one of the editing threads too (from February), which I much prefer to the single star, but the link is broken. :(

I'd also love an alternative EPL scoreboard but again, I can only find the one. Had a look at Moddingway but the links are all years old!
Not quite an alternative EPL, but that purple replay wipe has always bugged me. I found a white version from a different scoreboard a while ago which is nicer. You can download here. In general I'd love it if we could increase the size of the EPL scoreboard too. I find it too small, but not sure if that can be done.

EPL replay wipe: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3690307

Could any of you guys recommend me some lines for the cl.ini to try and get more fouls and cards?

Do you use @papinho81's mods from his "modding mess" thread in the editing forum? I use that and the AI got red cards in two games in a row!
I am using his gameplay mod from that thread, yes. Which cl.ini are you using with it? Could you share yours please? :) I might have a messed up one at the moment since I have been adding loads of lines to it, probably lost the plot somewhere :D

I am using his gameplay mod from that thread, yes. Which cl.ini are you using with it? Could you share yours please? :) I might have a messed up one at the moment since I have been adding loads of lines to it, probably lost the plot somewhere :D
I use the original FIP cl.ini - otherwise, you've got v1's gameplay (which is already very, very good), battling the modded gameplay (which makes the changes Pap describes), battling further changes in the cl.ini (which the first two parts cover fairly well)... In my opinion, anyway!

The only thing I kept from an old cl.ini I had knocking around was a couple of lines about home/away difficulty levels (home 0.50, away 0.70) and derby aggression (both set to 700 I think), if you can see anything like that in your current cl.ini.

I'm 100% happy with how my game is playing now, after some tests on Professional difficulty (normal speed). I'm only using the FIFA 19 DB file Pap has provided, rather than the two files (because the pressure just became ridiculous, I was getting double-pressed everywhere and I felt like there wasn't enough difference between teams who are set-up to press versus ones that are set-up to stand off). Then I've changed the sliders to turn speed/accel to 49 each, shot power up to 52, pass speed to 47, pass error to 52, full-back position to 45. Oh, and the two injury sliders to 60.

Reactions: cb7
I use the original FIP cl.ini - otherwise, you've got v1's gameplay (which is already very, very good), battling the modded gameplay (which makes the changes Pap describes), battling further changes in the cl.ini (which the first two parts cover fairly well)... In my opinion, anyway!

The only thing I kept from an old cl.ini I had knocking around was a couple of lines about home/away difficulty levels (home 0.50, away 0.70) and derby aggression (both set to 700 I think), if you can see anything like that in your current cl.ini.

I'm 100% happy with how my game is playing now, after some tests on Professional difficulty (normal speed). I'm only using the FIFA 19 DB file Pap has provided, rather than the two files (because the pressure just became ridiculous, I was getting double-pressed everywhere and I felt like there wasn't enough difference between teams who are set-up to press versus ones that are set-up to stand off). Then I've changed the sliders to turn speed/accel to 49 each, shot power up to 52, pass speed to 47, pass error to 52, full-back position to 45. Oh, and the two injury sliders to 60.

Awesome, I will try all of that! Thanks a lot man!

Are these the lines you are referring to:

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.80
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.60

DERBY_AGGRESSION_MOD = 700
RIVAL_AGGRESSION_MOD = 700

Regarding Paps Gameplay mod: so it means you are not using the attribdbgameplay and debuglines folders? Only a DB? Could you tell me where can I find that FIFA 19 DB from Pap, pretty please :)

Damn, i want to buy a fifa 16 pc key, but this modding sounds quite difficult.
It isn't, I'm just stupid. :LOL:

I was asked by someone in a PM how to get v1 working, and I put this:

----------

Buy a PC code for FIFA 16 online, then redeem it with Origin, and download the game.

Then, when it appears to have downloaded, start the game and ensure that it has (sometimes it will say that it is not fully downloaded). If it hasn't, go into Origin, go to FIFA 16 and click "check for update". This should start the remaining download.

Once it has fully downloaded, and you've started the game to confirm it, quit the game and rename the FIFA 16 folder to e.g. "FIFA 16 Origin Version".

Then, download FIFA 16 v1 from the FIFA 16 thread and unzip it to the same place where the "FIFA 16 Origin Folder" is - NOT overwriting it but alongside it, calling it "FIFA 16" or whatever you originally called the folder when Origin installed the game.

(By alongside it, I mean - say the Origin version was installed to C:\Games\FIFA 16 Origin Version, once you've renamed it, then extract v1 to C:\Games\FIFA 16, which shouldn't currently exist.)

Then, to be safe, delete the FIFA 16 folder from your My Documents folder.

Then, start Origin - put it in offline mode - and try to boot FIFA from the desktop shortcut (which should launch the v1 FIFA EXE).

It will ask you to confirm your Origin email address and password. Once you have done that, it should never ask you again.

If it works - GREAT! Then, quit, and (if you're going to install patches), delete the My Documents -> FIFA 16 folder again.

Then, you install any patches and mods you like to the v1 FIFA 16 folder as you normally would. That folder being C:\Games\FIFA 16 now.

Follow the instructions for those mods, which will usually require "regenerating" afterwards (see below).

That's it!

----------

You can just drop in other people's cl.ini files (which let you change most attributes) into the folder, to change gameplay massively.

The most difficult bit is "rebuilding" after installing each mod - you need to download a tool that basically builds an index file for the game to "read" (like Creation Master 16, download here) so all your new files get picked up and used by the game. But all you need to do for that is install the tool, point it to your FIFA 16 directory after you've unzipped all the mods there, and click "rebuild".

Last edited:
Awesome, I will try all of that! Thanks a lot man!

Are these the lines you are referring to:

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.80
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.60

DERBY_AGGRESSION_MOD = 700
RIVAL_AGGRESSION_MOD = 700

Regarding Paps Gameplay mod: so it means you are not using the attribdbgameplay and debuglines folders? Only a DB? Could you tell me where can I find that FIFA 19 DB from Pap, pretty please :)
That's the ones, but in my cl.ini home is set to 0.50 and away to 0.70, I think. Yours is the other way around, which is odd!

Re: the gameplay mod - I mean, I use the "attribdbgameplay" element (which is from FIFA 19), not the "debuglines" element (which, IMO, makes every team press far too much). The "attribdbgameplay" seems to change how much attributes matter in certain areas, which is a good thing.

But I've found the best way to approach this is to install v1 with no changes (even a clean cl.ini) and play as two evenly matched teams, on Professional. Play one match. Then make the cl.ini changes and see what you think. Then make the next change, and see what you think. Cos my best games were at the half-way point, and after then I only made them worse by making the AI too aggressive. But that's just my preference!

Reactions: cb7
@Chris Davies, thanks for this.
So far i'm following you, i have modded fifa 14 with the classic patch so i have a little bit experience, but this is a total conversion mod.

What I don't know is how to add the addboards, overlays, stuff like that.
If i download these files, is there a readme file where to place these files?
And is that just drag / drop / regenerate?

When i think of it i have been modding stuff ever since PES6, but always with a tutorial i could simply follow.
So that's not me really modding, but me just reading what to do and doing it :D

Last edited:
@Chris Davies, thanks for this.
So far i'm following you, i have modded fifa 14 with the classic patch so i have a little bit experience, but this is a total conversion mod.

What I don't know is how to add the addboards, overlays, stuff like that.
If i download these files, is there a readme file where to place these files?
And is that just drag / drop / regenerate?

When i think of it i have been modding stuff ever since PES6, but always with a tutorial i could simply follow.
So that's not me really modding, but me just reading what to do and doing it :D
If you're placing adboards for use in a pre-existing league or stadium, you can just extract the files into the appropriate folder, then "rebuild" (which tells the game they're there).

If you're using a stadium server (I'm not, it scares me :LOL:) then you just replace the files in there, I would imagine.

The scoreboards / overlays are more complicated. There seems to be one lot of overlays for all scoreboards, so you either use CGFS to add them in and manually select them (I think?), or you install one when you're in that competition, then install a different one when you're in a different competition. Which, frankly, I can't be bothered with!

If you're placing adboards for use in a pre-existing league or stadium, you can just extract the files into the appropriate folder, then "rebuild" (which tells the game they're there).

If you're using a stadium server (I'm not, it scares me :LOL:) then you just replace the files in there, I would imagine.

The scoreboards / overlays are more complicated. There seems to be one lot of overlays for all scoreboards, so you either use CGFS to add them in and manually select them (I think?), or you install one when you're in that competition, then install a different one when you're in a different competition. Which, frankly, I can't be bothered with!
Won't be using a stadium server as I'm scared as wel :)
Same goes for the scoreboards/overlays, sounds - for now - too complicated.

Bought the key and am downloading right now. Will play some games of the original / patched version first.
Maybe later i will add a conversion mod, any ideas? I think you are using the infinity patch....correct?

Won't be using a stadium server as I'm scared as wel :)
Same goes for the scoreboards/overlays, sounds - for now - too complicated.

Bought the key and am downloading right now. Will play some games of the original / patched version first.
Maybe later i will add a conversion mod, any ideas? I think you are using the infinity patch....correct?
My recommendation is FIP (the FIFA Infinity patch). Download v4, follow the instructions but don't "rebuild" until after you've downloaded and installed v4.1 - then rebuild. Just to save some time!

There is also a FIFA 16 version of the "Classic Patch" (originally for FIFA 14) available, but I prefer the career mode of FIP.

There is also a Moddingway patch, which is a couple of years old now (it's not updated for the current season - I like playing with older databases because I live in the past :LOL:), but FIP feels like a more complete package to me (and it's a 20/21 season patch).

My recommendation is FIP (the FIFA Infinity patch). Download v4, follow the instructions but don't "rebuild" until after you've downloaded and installed v4.1 - then rebuild. Just to save some time!

There is also a FIFA 16 version of the "Classic Patch" (originally for FIFA 14) available, but I prefer the career mode of FIP.

There is also a Moddingway patch, which is a couple of years old now (it's not updated for the current season - I like playing with older databases because I live in the past :LOL:), but FIP feels like a more complete package to me (and it's a 20/21 season patch).
Thanks a lot for this, now I know which one to choose.
Although.....I have a severe case of living in the past myself.
Six months ago i bought a media player with a 5 terrabe external hard drive.
It's almost full, and mostly with all my favorite series of the 70s and 80s : Magnum, Miami Vice, Dad's army, Kojak, the love boat, Cheers, Family Ties and whatnot.

My wife only looks at me with a sad face these days :D

Sorry for being a noob, but which program do i need to rebuild?
I have filemaster installed but I use that one for Fifa 14 and am not sure if it also works on 16.

Back
Top Bottom