FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

you guys better better have that figured out by the end of the week, papa wanna dance! :LOL:

so Origin client software is needed to play FIFA16? thought installing the steam client for all windows gaming needs is enough. i was just too long gone... sorry.
It definitely works don’t worry haha. Just need to work out the easiest way around it. I thought you could activate the game even with Origin offline.

Then it says I need to update. :(
Hi Chris, how are you doing? Been a long time :)

From my recent experience with the dvd version of the game, I had to install it with Origin online, launch it once and exit. Then, set Origin to offline mode, rename the 1.00 folder to Fifa 16 and launch the game offline (it will probably ask you to activate/confirm the license of the game with your credentials). Afterwards just copy all of the mods you want to that folder.

Still having fun with this one.
In 3 matches i was awarded 2 penalties......PENALTIES, did not even remember such things exist.

In both cases the defender was sent off with a red card, and in both cases i missed the penalty :)

Still having fun with this one.
In 3 matches i was awarded 2 penalties......PENALTIES, did not even remember such things exist.

In both cases the defender was sent off with a red card, and in both cases i missed the penalty :)
look forward of having 2 in one match! or 2 against you! :D
its all possible... some red and yellow cards in between... love it! :D

Finally got v1 working on PC with mods - first time ever (I've only played v1 on PS4 before I think)! I just couldn't wrap my head around the instructions but @cb7's post got it into my head (nice to see you BTW)!

Installing it via Origin with the latest patch, starting it up once (I had to start it multiple times because Origin seemed to stop repeatedly before it had fully downloaded), swapping the folder names (between the original and "naughty" version), booting THAT once with Origin in offline mode (logging in with the email and password when prompted), then coming out of it and installing all the mods as normal did the trick.

(Baaically, what both @Anth James and @papinho81 already told me, multiple times, but I just wasn't getting it. :LOL:)

It does feel different - the biggest difference I've noticed is that the AI seem 10x sharper. I haven't won a game since switching to v1...

What difficulty level do you v1 guys play on? And do you play around with the sliders at all (@papinho81, bearing in mind I'm using your gameplay mod linked to in the first post in your "modding mess" thread)?

Finally got v1 working on PC with mods - first time ever (I've only played v1 on PS4 before I think)! I just couldn't wrap my head around the instructions but @cb7's post got it into my head (nice to see you BTW)!

Installing it via Origin with the latest patch, starting it up once (I had to start it multiple times because Origin seemed to stop repeatedly before it had fully downloaded), swapping the folder names (between the original and "naughty" version), booting THAT once with Origin in offline mode (logging in with the email and password when prompted), then coming out of it and installing all the mods as normal did the trick.

(Baaically, what both @Anth James and @papinho81 already told me, multiple times, but I just wasn't getting it. :LOL:)

It does feel different - the biggest difference I've noticed is that the AI seem 10x sharper. I haven't won a game since switching to v1...

What difficulty level do you v1 guys play on? And do you play around with the sliders at all (@papinho81, bearing in mind I'm using your gameplay mod linked to in the first post in your "modding mess" thread)?
Great to hear you got it working Chris. @papinho81 mod really helps in making the CPU more attack focused as well.

I go between professional and world class, depending on my controls. Sliders wise, I'm pretty much playing at normal speed, default sliders aside from 45 full backs and 51 shot speed.

I am playing on Professional with lower teams and World Class every time a big challenge comes along. Mostly because I don't like struggling with weaker teams all the time, it doesn't feel right. But since I haven't played enough with the game, I couldn't figure out yet if playing on World Class + papinho81 GP mod offers you some difficulty variety depending on team stats. It would be great to hear all of you guys feedback on this one. I am also playing on semi everything plus manual crosses.

Up until now I was playing on slow speed but after reading @Anth James advice I set it to normal and it does feel smoother for some reason.

As for sliders I'm still messing around with them constantly to try and find my sweet spot: slower pace, more injuries, pass errors, etc. It's a total mixed bag right now so I am a bit embarrassed of recommending you the mess I have :)

Since I am using @papinho81 gameplay mod as well, do you guys recommend using default sliders with it? Does anyone have any advise to get more fouls and cards?

Last edited:
Special Champions League 21/22 overlays for Ajax, AC Milan, FC Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, FC Bayern München, Villarreal. All those teams have a special Champions League badges like here. All the teams with sleeve sponsor have sleeve sponsors for home, kit, 3rd, and goalkeeper.

pY9W2Q9.jpg

6yDfaiK.jpg

WmdLYDb.jpg

Vx5kwnE.jpg

bB3ohYX.jpg

xLWUUM6.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xap4skfix3ogku7/special+Champions+League+overlays.rar/file

General Champions League + Europa League 21/22 badges

u7G2RsG.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zurm...+League+++Europa+League+21-22+badges.rar/file

Enjoy :)

@JochemLFC That's amazing.

Is there any way of improving the UEFA CL/EL experience in FIFA? The FIP patch is great but it still has the "fake" European music intros etc. and it really devalues all the other stuff that's in the patch (e.g. official adboards).

Are there any cool scoreboard packages too? Sorry, I feel like a complete noob asking.

I have a question, don't penalties with the old system feel really weird?

For example I was trying out penalties in Fifa 16 and even though I got the pointer in the middle, green, and aimed towards the right, Messi just completely hit it wide! This also happens in FIFA 15 for me, does anyone else have this problem? And why does this happen?
It feels like the only way I can score with the ball not completely going wide is getting the pointer in the green and just aiming in the middle hoping that the goalkeeper dives to either side

I dont even know how do you get the pointer. I have nothing. Had penalty shootout last night in a Cup. Went wide every single time. So far I scored only one and it was off the post, so lucky AF. Have no idea whats the story with them penalties.. :LOL:

For example I was trying out penalties in Fifa 16 and even though I got the pointer in the middle, green, and aimed towards the right, Messi just completely hit it wide! This also happens in FIFA 15 for me, does anyone else have this problem? And why does this happen?
It feels like the only way I can score with the ball not completely going wide is getting the pointer in the green and just aiming in the middle hoping that the goalkeeper dives to either side
i try to stop the moving cursor (power) in the green zone, apply the power i want to put into the shot, choose to shoot with lace or inside curler, when the running animation starts i move the "crosshair" to where i want to put the ball (low, high, left, right, middle...). works well so far, i do score from this! :)

There is a way to turn on/off a circle that shows where you're actually aiming. Have a look at the list of input commands and try the penalty practice drill from the main menu a couple of times, I think it's much better that what they've done with penalties/corners/free kicks lately.

@JochemLFC That's amazing.

Is there any way of improving the UEFA CL/EL experience in FIFA? The FIP patch is great but it still has the "fake" European music intros etc. and it really devalues all the other stuff that's in the patch (e.g. official adboards).

Are there any cool scoreboard packages too? Sorry, I feel like a complete noob asking.

Of course that's possible ! I made a special video here to show you the Champions League 2021-22 feeling in a fifa 16 modded game.

Unfortunately the Youtube quality doesn't show how good it looks on my own pc :P

On Soccergaming there are lots of scoreboards, ad boards, TV logo's, stadiums ect. Thanks to @Anth James I also discovered how to play with FIFA 16 with Reshade.

There is a way to turn on/off a circle that shows where you're actually aiming. Have a look at the list of input commands and try the penalty practice drill from the main menu a couple of times, I think it's much better that what they've done with penalties/corners/free kicks lately.
afaik its pressing up on the d-pad! i could be wrong though.

I think something has gone wrong with my player face import... Little help @Anth James and @papinho81...

:LMAO:

Player is West Brom's GK, Johnstone. Only happens when zoomed out - when you switch to a close-up it's fine!

Oh, I was getting the same thing with certain players and floating hair, a year ago after installing the moddingway patch. Assumed it was maybe that I was missing some final update to the patch, interested to see what's really up with that!

Of course that's possible ! I made a special video here to show you the Champions League 2021-22 feeling in a fifa 16 modded game.

Unfortunately the Youtube quality doesn't show how good it looks on my own pc :P

On Soccergaming there are lots of scoreboards, ad boards, TV logo's, stadiums ect. Thanks to @Anth James I also discovered how to play with FIFA 16 with Reshade.
because of the talented modders first... but... THAT game really is can be something! :SHOCK:
:APPLAUD:

as i had to learn, best time to start playing this game is 5 years later! :D imagine EA had released this title and kept on supporting it for over 5 years, like the community does...

I think something has gone wrong with my player face import... Little help @Anth James and @papinho81...

:LMAO:

Player is West Brom's GK, Johnstone. Only happens when zoomed out - when you switch to a close-up it's fine!

May be you need mortal fx lua files.
Check at soccer gaming or ask @Anth James , I am away from my pc for two weeks.

Unfortunately, FIFA 16 does not play nicely with my 144hz monitor. I've tried all sorts of tinkering, but it literally gives me a headache.

They should be placed in the data/fifarna/lua folder
Thank you so much (and thanks @papinho81 for the suggestion), that's fixed it!

@JochemLFC - I've had a quick look at Soccer Gaming but I can't find the scoreboard you're using. Please could you point me to where I could get it (same for any Europa League one, and any on-field music mods)?

There's an alternate replay logo available in one of the editing threads too (from February), which I much prefer to the single star, but the link is broken. :(

I'd also love an alternative EPL scoreboard but again, I can only find the one. Had a look at Moddingway but the links are all years old!

Reactions: cb7
Thank you so much (and thanks @papinho81 for the suggestion), that's fixed it!

@JochemLFC - I've had a quick look at Soccer Gaming but I can't find the scoreboard you're using. Please could you point me to where I could get it (same for any Europa League one, and any on-field music mods)?

There's an alternate replay logo available in one of the editing threads too (from February), which I much prefer to the single star, but the link is broken. :(

I'd also love an alternative EPL scoreboard but again, I can only find the one. Had a look at Moddingway but the links are all years old!

Champions League intro music: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kxdqjspwyoq8q0y/audiodata.rar/file just past it in your fifa 16 folder and remove it when you play Europa League cuz it's the same intro music.

The newest UEFA scoreboards are here: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/rhzhs-work.6469146/

Other last up-to-date Scoreboards: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...-moviesgdb-scoreboardsgdb-tvlogosgdb.6466308/

I suggest you to make copy's of all your original files before posting any of those files in fifa 16.

Champions League intro music: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kxdqjspwyoq8q0y/audiodata.rar/file just past it in your fifa 16 folder and remove it when you play Europa League cuz it's the same intro music.

The newest UEFA scoreboards are here: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/rhzhs-work.6469146/

Other last up-to-date Scoreboards: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...-moviesgdb-scoreboardsgdb-tvlogosgdb.6466308/

I suggest you to make copy's of all your original files before posting any of those files in fifa 16.
Do the scoreboards need another tool to install, not just placing into the FIFA folder like other mods? CGFS is mentioned, I don't think I've used that before!

Each scoreboard features a "fonts" file with the same name in the same directory, so it's impossible to extract them without overwriting the last one - unless I use CGFS... I think?

Last edited:
Been playing some more '16 on my ps5.
Had my first game in the snow, white pitch with a white ball and my old eyes : not a good combination.

Lots of missed passed due to the pitch being slippery.
I had a lot of posession, but created alsmost no chances.
CPU scored twice so i lost, loved the game though.

Then decided to play 2 games of Fifa 20.
Visually it looks much better, but man does that game feel weird.
All those unrealistic twists and turns, the horrible defending. It's terrible.

I need to buy a '16 key for origin and mod the hell out of it.

Back
Top Bottom