FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Thanks for clarification.

I'll try to find out if others have this same problem with downloading their digital 16 on PS4.
Because I see no reason why EA/PSN would block someone downloading something they bought? Particularly when other people like myself can still play their digital copy just fine - so it's not like the game has been blocked from playing altogether. Just blocked from being redownloaded.

For them to remove these games from the store, I have no idea why either. You could conceive of it being some licensing issue with the music that is used in the games, but I see no reason why the licenses for all those different songs from different games would expire at the same time? It would normally be 15 music expire first, then 16 next year, then 17 next next year, etc.

It should really go to Contrast and Compare thread, but its mostly F16 related, so im gonna write it here.

After last few crazy days with Konami announcement - I decided to download their last "full spec" game and keep it, even as a collection item. After doing all the editing of kits and tactics - I went to play few games. And coming from F16 - I was genuinely confused when it comes to defending. I was sitting there, wondering - how do you defend here? How do you tackle? After few matches - I realised that, in compare to F16 - defending on Pes21 is almost non existent. In most cases - you just have to run around the pitch abusing X..

And here's the interesting bit. Fifa16, by design, has really good AI. They pass the ball around frequently, forcing you to defend more via positioning, interception and blocks, rather than tackles. So in theory - just like Pes21 (with less clever AI)
Yet still, when it comes to 1v1 - you can tackle, you can slide tackle, you can push them off the ball. Its effective and more importantly - its fun. These couple of matches, on both games, one after another, made me realise how important defending is for a good football game. Its on pair with offense.

I keep coming back to Fifa16, coz even patched - its still the most complete package we ever got when it comes to a football game.

so, as it looks... i will be able to play FIFA16 on PC soon. :D

sorry i have to ask this again, can someone please give me a short overview whats needed to play FIFA16 (prefered vanilla) on PC with all the latest kits, teams, tactics plus graphics mod included?!

this key here is still the cheapest at the moment!? https://www.cdkeys.com/fifa-16-pc-cd-key-origin?__currency=eur?mw_aref=planetkey (17,50 Euro)
You won't be disappointed.
Everything you'll need can be found here here thanks to @bsmaff

Update:
Ok, not everything. I thought in that map there is also vanila version of the game, I'm sure I've seen somewhere in the other threads a link to version 1.0 of FIFA 16, but can't find it now.

Last edited:
Well, just started a Bundesliga on the updated fifa 16.
Must say, when you take the sliders to slow it down some more it still plays great.

Defending actually needs thinking, cutting off passing lanes and try not to chase the opponent (i admint, i'm a sprint whore).
As i said in another thread (or was it this one?) I do feel bad that there are now real low shots.
Everything shot goes up.

Other than that i'm liking it a lot.
I also played some fifa 20 but the defending is simply not there.

Will stick to 16 for a while.

Well, just started a Bundesliga on the updated fifa 16.
Must say, when you take the sliders to slow it down some more it still plays great.

Defending actually needs thinking, cutting off passing lanes and try not to chase the opponent (i admint, i'm a sprint whore).
As i said in another thread (or was it this one?) I do feel bad that there are now real low shots.
Everything shot goes up.

Other than that i'm liking it a lot.
I also played some fifa 20 but the defending is simply not there.

Will stick to 16 for a while.
im partly agreeing on the low shot part of your comment!
i wish there was a button combo, like in the later FIFA, where you can force hard driven low shots!
what i actually do now is just putting less power into those shots (in relation to the distance to goal) to have them hit the net hard and low (its more low than hard most of the time). its not the same but its ok for me.

Must say, when you take the sliders to slow it down some more it still plays great
Yes, im still in process of finding perfect sliders to slow it down. My base was, obviously, OS sliders and I went from there.
Last two games felt really good, but had to switch it off as it was 2AM.
Im playing on professional, so that might also help, as AI isnt as laser guided and error free as on higher difficulties.
I want to keep updated version, coz apart from being able to play online, AI on vanilla had moments (rarely, but still) when they were really too laid back with no teeth.

Yes, im still in process of finding perfect sliders to slow it down. My base was, obviously, OS sliders and I went from there.
Im playing on professional, so that might also help, as AI isnt as laser guided and error free as on higher difficulties.
I want to keep updated version, coz apart from being able to play online, AI on vanilla had moments (rarely, but still) when they were really too laid back with no teeth.
Also playing on professional here, and also still trying to finetune my sliders.
Same as you i took the os sliders, turned down sprint and accelleration by one point each.
May have to drop those down a bit more, as well as the pass speed to make the game overall a bit slower.

The difficulty is to reach the perfect pace, without the game becoming too slow/sluggish.
I want the game to be slow, but when on a counter it needs some explosiveness as well.

My friend tried to download FIFA16 from their PS4 game library but there is a "locked" symbol on the game's icon and they cannot download (this was not the case for 17 & 18, which my friend could download just fine).

Does anyone else who owns FIFA 16 digitally have this problem and could maybe check?

Also it seems FIFA 15, 16, 17, & 18 have all been removed from the Playstation Store. They can no longer be bought.
Did he use a different PS account to buy it from? All I can think of!

I’ve got v1.00 uploaded on my drive for now, but I’ll need to delete soon to make some room. You can download it here. You need to use the whole folder for it to work, just the exe on it’s own won’t do the trick.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cxyQvbA0RBVstLtKYLpwj6kDoheScVCS
If I use this, will it mess up FIP? I've been using v1.01 forever - vaguely remember it being because FIP needs a later EXE. But my brain is fried right now...

I think I'm at 36/48 for sprint/acc and 30ish on pass speed ,and I'm getting there slowly ,still need to slow it down a bit more.

I think I'm at 36/48 for sprint/acc and 30ish on pass speed ,and I'm getting there slowly ,still need to slow it down a bit more.
You're on vanilla tho, right?
That I had 49 speed/acceleration and 42 pass speed (with slow game speed) and it was grand for me.

This one Im at 48/48 both speed and acc and 40 pass speed. Im mainly going up in errors to break their laser passing. But overall pace of the match is quite good for me.

But thats the thing with sliders - everyone will have some tweaks to fit their personal preferences.

You're on vanilla tho, right?
That I had 49 speed/acceleration and 42 pass speed (with slow game speed) and it was grand for me.

This one Im at 48/48 both speed and acc and 40 pass speed. Im mainly going up in errors to break their laser passing. But overall pace of the match is quite good for me.

But thats the thing with sliders - everyone will have some tweaks to fit their personal preferences.
True!
Yeah I'm on vanilla.
Plus camera setting is also more or less a slider/difficulty setting ,one set on default cam plays/looks completely different on Tele/broadcast

If I use this, will it mess up FIP? I've been using v1.01 forever - vaguely remember it being because FIP needs a later EXE. But my brain is fried right now...
You’ll need to move all of your mods/patches over into this folder. FIP 100% works on this version though.

@Anth James can`t download it? says prepairing download zipping file and after circle is full doesn`t download? maybe file is protected? sorry for the bothering
I’m fairly sure it’s worked for others before. Maybe just reload the page and see how you go. Sometimes google drive can be a little odd.

Ok, downloaded this.....but how do you play it?
So you need to have FIFA 16 on Origin. This folder needs to be named ‘FIFA 16’ in the same path as your current version.

Origin just needs to recognise this as your default FIFA 16 folder and it will play. Make sure your Origin is offline too.

Sorry to hop on this comment. Is this to make the game up to date from 15/16 or last season? thanks :D
Hey man, no worries. So it's widely agreed that the original version of FIFA 16 is the best gameplay wise. We can't just download the exe though and move it into our current folder, we need to use the entire folder which is why I've uploaded the whole version.

Once you have this version of the game I'd recommend putting all of your patches/mods into this folder.

You’ll need to move all of your mods/patches over into this folder. FIP 100% works on this version though.
Just so I'm getting this right - is this the preferred order?

Install FIFA 16 via Origin (with the 1.07 patch that comes with it) -> Overwrite the files with the v1.00 files -> Unzip the FIP v4 install files into the FIFA folder -> Unzip the FIP v4.1 install files into the FIFA folder -> Run the FIP installer EXEs (version installer etc.) -> Unzip the face files to the FIFA folder -> Use the DB manager etc. to install the faces -> Rebuild?

Just so I'm getting this right - is this the preferred order?

Install FIFA 16 via Origin (with the 1.07 patch that comes with it) -> Overwrite the files with the v1.00 files -> Unzip the FIP v4 install files into the FIFA folder -> Unzip the FIP v4.1 install files into the FIFA folder -> Run the FIP installer EXEs (version installer etc.) -> Unzip the face files to the FIFA folder -> Use the DB manager etc. to install the faces -> Rebuild?
Sorry, I don't think I explained it very well. Don't overwrite the files. Keep v1.00 in its own folder. You just want your Origin to recognise this particular v1.00 folder as your primary 'FIFA 16' folder. Otherwise it won't load.

Once you've done that, then what you've said about FIP and the mods is right.

Sorry, I don't think I explained it very well. Don't overwrite the files. Keep v1.00 in its own folder. You just want your Origin to recognise this particular v1.00 folder as your primary 'FIFA 16' folder. Otherwise it won't load.

Once you've done that, then what you've said about FIP and the mods is right.
Oh entirely my fault don't worry - I'm still lost! :LOL:

So - install "legit FIFA" and mod it as normal, rename that folder, unzip "v1 FIFA" as the original folder, then copy all the files over from the renamed folder without replacing anything?

...no I'm still not getting it am I?

Oh entirely my fault don't worry - I'm still lost! :LOL:

So - install "legit FIFA" and mod it as normal, rename that folder, unzip "v1 FIFA" as the original folder, then copy all the files over from the renamed folder without replacing anything?

...no I'm still not getting it am I?
Just put the whole v1.0 in the same folder than path than your current FIFA 16 version.
Rename the v1.0 folder to FIFA16 (and your current one to fida16_backup for example).
Reapply FIP and your mods like you did with your current version.
You can then add the others mods you had in your current version by copying the data folder and pasting it with replace when asked in the v1.0 folder (which is now your FIFA16 folder)

Just put the whole v1.0 in the same folder than path than your current FIFA 16 version.
Rename the v1.0 folder to FIFA16 (and your current one to fida16_backup for example).
Reapply FIP and your mods like you did with your current version.
You can then add the others mods you had in your current version by copying the data folder and pasting it with replace when asked in the v1.0 folder (which is now your FIFA16 folder)
If I do this, booting the FIFA exe in the v1 folder (renamed to FIFA 16) either A) gives me a "you need to activate this game" error, if Origin is set to offline mode, or B) tells me I need to update the game, if Origin is online.

Sorry, I know I'm being a pain...

If I do this, booting the FIFA exe in the v1 folder (renamed to FIFA 16) either A) gives me a "you need to activate this game" error, if Origin is set to offline mode, or B) tells me I need to update the game, if Origin is online.

Sorry, I know I'm being a pain...
What happens if you try and activate the game?

you guys better have that figured out by the end of the week, papa wanna dance! :LOL:

so Origin client software is needed to play FIFA16? thought installing the steam client for all windows gaming needs is enough. i was just too long gone... sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom