FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Basically i would prefer to live with it, (the official brazilian club players pre-update) given how terrible to non-existent is the customization-edit mode in modern FIFAs.
Yeah ,you got a point there.
I rarely play South America on Fifa ,I do on PES though.
But you're right ,better having official players than Rugnildo and Boberto Carlis

Fifa 16 + 18 disc versions ordered.
€1.50 and €2.5.
Anything I'm going to miss by not updating 16?(and 18)
Stadiums/Leagues.
I'm starting to hoard shit again...
Shout out to @Emroth , we're probably the only one's liking 18
Oh mate, I've been reading your FIFA 16 comments and wondering why you're having a bad experience. Now I know! I thought you were playing the vanilla game all this time. Really looking forward to how you feel about the disc version! Hope you love it.

Oh mate, I've been reading your FIFA 16 comments and wondering why you're having a bad experience. Now I know! I thought you were playing the vanilla game all this time. Really looking forward to how you feel about the disc version! Hope you love it.
Cheers Chris ,yeah never really loved this game ,I did when it came out.
Still think it's ok ,not more!
Yeah can't wait to get it going when it arrives.

Remember having one of my PES games offline (18?) For a lot Ng time since the update was shite , eventually it got updated...
Pain in the ass that:)
It's easier with a disc ,just reinstall it.
I'll let you know mate!

For those interested here are a couple of updates for the FIP 4.1 Patch

Tight kits db: This is a default 4.1 db with tight kits for all jerseys. Just replace your db and regenerate.

https://mega.nz/file/4cc1UCII#l1xn3VQh1ML_WFrOYk5VhFExQ_hUl8w65LQ6E6bZwEs

For those wanting to get ready for the 21/22 season, I've gone through the db and promoted and relegated all of the teams I could for the English, Spanish, French, Italian and German leagues. For the bottom league of all countries I haven't relegated or promoted teams which aren't in the game, but if you're playing in England for example, all teams are correct down until League Two. Fonts and league patches should work as well. In preview screen you'll see old badges/fonts but in game it should be updated.

21/22 Promoted/Relegated Teams 4.1 DB (Eng, Fra, Spa, Ita, Ger leagues) with Tight kits: Again, just replace your db and regenerate - https://mega.nz/file/4cc1UCII#l1xn3VQh1ML_WFrOYk5VhFExQ_hUl8w65LQ6E6bZwEs

For those who don't want want tight kits or a new db, I've uploaded the table from the db that you need. Just use dbmaster and import this table in over the top of 'leagueteamlinks', save and regenerate.

Leagueteamlinks table - https://mega.nz/file/AMUHRI6Z#yqZ2yFsRUEXxsOPuPTn_JINB6KnFH0bN4pq6BRYFsw4

If you're looking for 21/22 kits, I've been converting some as they come out, so you can download them here - http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-kits.6469648/

Here's some updated 21/22 balls as well - http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-balls.6469657/

Note: Backup your original db first.
Thanks for this James, Great post to get me back in to the swing of things.

Is it not possible to upload all the kits you've collected so far for sceneassets and your rna.ini's or db so they're all configured?

I really don't fancy doing through Creation Master and manually assigning and configuring them all myself?

Reactions: rlc
For 2018, i assume the 2018 Mundial DLC. But since AFAIK it is not implemented in CM, it is just an offline competition, i mean for me coming from PES, i could just live by playing a custom cup World Cup. EA does already good job in presentation, generic scoreboards, etc, so you just miss a WC skin, i assume. The different backgorund in WC menus and the official addboards-scoreboards, etc.
Not sure how 18 got along the way ,if it got worse by patches or not ,or even my game now (17)?

So just realised I've got this on Xbox One and must've also bought it on Origin for PC at some point. What's the crack with "vanilla" then? Is this pre-updates? Is there a way to control this / roll back on PC? I would be doing a fresh install or just using the Xbox disc version I've not played for years

Thanks for this James, Great post to get me back in to the swing of things.

Is it not possible to upload all the kits you've collected so far for sceneassets and your rna.ini's or db so they're all configured?

I really don't fancy doing through Creation Master and manually assigning and configuring them all myself?
Give this a try and let me know if it works? There might be some overlap with some of the default kits from 4.1 but I think this should cover what I've done so far - kits, balls, mini kits, some kit overlays and the db - so fingers crossed things are configured accurately (colours of numbers, collars, etc).

It's not perfect and very much an on-going process which I'm updating/fixing regularly, but this should get you started.

A couple of notes:
- Some short numbers etc, may overlap with logos. When I moved everything over to 4.1 db I haven't had a chance to go through and correct lots of those yet.
- I'm not sure if Champion's Leagues kits will be configured accurately, I haven't really tackled that yet.
-Backup the original folders up first (especially your db), in case you want to go back to default 4.1

This is what I've got so far (I didn't make these kits either - credit to those on soccergaming for making. I converted most to FIFA 16 and some are from other 16 kitmakers).

- Arsenal home, away, third, GK, GK2
- Brighton home, away, GK
- Chelsea home, away, GK, third
- Liverpool home, away, third, GK
- Leicester City home, GK,
- Manchester City home, away, third, GK
- Manchester United, home, third, away, gk
- Everton, home, away, GK
- Crystal Palace away, GK
-Southampton home, third, GK
-Tottenham home, away, GK
-Aston Villa home
-Newcastle United home, GK
-West Ham hom, GK
-Norwich home, GK
-Brentford home, away, GK
-Wolves home, GK

-Stoke City GK (NO MINI KIT)
-Sheffield United home, GK, (NO MINI KITS)

- Real Madrid home, away, GK
-Barcelona home, away, GK, GK2
-Atletico home, away, third
-Sevilla home, away, third
-Osasuna home, away, GK, third
- Valencia home, away, GK
-Athletic Club home, away, GK
-Alaves home
-RCD Mallorca home
-Real Betis home

- Juventus, home, away, third, GK
- Inter home, away
- Milan home, away, third, GK
-Bologna home
-Lazio GK (NO MINI KIT)
-Roma home, GK

- PSG, home, GK, away
-Marseille home,
-Lyon home, away
-Lille home
-Angers home

- Bayern Munich, home, away, third, GK
- Dortmund, home, away, GK
- Borussia Mönchengladbach home, away, GK
- RB Leipzig home, away, GK
- Wolfsburg home, away (NO MINI KIT)
- Fortuna Düsseldorf home, away, third, gk
- Freiburg home, away, gk, third (NO MINI KIT THIRD)
- Stuttgart home, away, GK (NO MINI KITS)
- FC Union Berlin GK (NO MINI KITS)
- Vfl Bochum home, away, third (NO MINI KITS)
- Kaiserslautern home, away, third (NO MINI KITS)

- Werder Bremen GK (NO MINI KIT)
- 1860 Munich GK (NO MINI KIT)

- Ajax home, away
- PSV home, away
- Feyenoord home, away, GK

- Porto home, away, gk, third
- Sporting Lisbon home (NO MINI KIT)
- Benfica home, away (NO MINI KITS)

Random so far
- AIK home, away, GK
- Standard Leige away
- Brondby home

21/22 kit update (work in progress): https://mega.nz/file/JBMXnYhb#HU5eHv0X-iPImXNw5sBhb6x_MC1gApYIUCKhtdwdGb4

Last edited:
Give this a try and let me know if it works? There might be some overlap with some of the default kits from 4.1 but I think this should cover what I've done so far - kits, balls, mini kits, some kit overlays and the db - so fingers crossed things are configured accurately (colours of numbers, collars, etc).

It's not perfect and very much an on-going process which I'm updating/fixing regularly, but this should get you started.
That's excellent James and more than I could've expected. It really does feel like an updated game now and looks brilliant.

Well after today's news I've just started downloading Fifa 16, just glad I managed to buy it a few years back on Origin. I'm assuming the FIP v4.1 is similar in how it works to the EvoWeb patch, and then you have to start adding other bits and pieces like StadiumServer as you go along?

thats all i'm doing since the PS5 is out! its my most played game on the new console! :D

@slamsoze beware that the set @Matt10 posted is for version 1.07!!!
a lot of users here prefer the vanilla version (1.00). i'd, as always, recommend my beloved @Tamer slider as a base.

if you really want to dig deep: go vanilla, vanilla with sliders, 1.07, 1.07 with sliders! :BOP: it wont feel like testing or work, its a educational joyride! :D
Can you share the post with those sliders? I have the wc and leg sliders set but want to try professional but no matter what I do i can't get the ai to be aggressive or defend properly.

Can you share the post with those sliders? I have the wc and leg sliders set but want to try professional but no matter what I do i can't get the ai to be aggressive or defend properly.
here you go pal:

FIFA16 vanilla disc version (1.00) PS5 full manual gameplay with slightly tweaked slider settings. Thanks @Tamer for the set! 👌

WC, slow, assisted.
Sprint 51/51
Acceleration 49/49
Shot Error 52/52
Pass Error 55/55
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 44/44
Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/50
Height 55/55
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 50/50
First Touch 55/70

I do play Professional difficulty. Slow game speed. Pass Error at 53 (by now).

not sure who was asking the other day, why i play pass error at 52. not sure, found it to be ok for me. when i read your comment i set it to 53 and did not notice any big changes till now (had 2 matches only). i have to admint, these days i'm more playing than fiddling with those sliders. i'm good and happy and football on console is fun! :D

We played few matches with @Chris Davies last night, to calm our nerves after Konamis news.
It was most refreshing experience I had in years when it comes to UserVsUser gameplay.
Even tho we could not slow down the game and apply sliders - it felt amazing.
First touch error, variety of shots, very tight and thrilling matches.
How sad is to see that football games could built on this, instead of taking the direction they did.
Thank God we can still play these games.

We played few matches with @Chris Davies last night, to calm our nerves after Konamis news.
It was most refreshing experience I had in years when it comes to UserVsUser gameplay.
How sad is to see that football games could built on this, instead of taking the direction they did.
how did you guys play together; on what system, what version of the game?!

on the commentary topic in the FIFA22 thread: i really like that there are differnet commentators when playing league or international matches! that was a breeze of fresh air when i heard it the first time.
nothing beats the nba2k zero-stich commentary (and all the side line chatter) but still, for a 5 or 6 year old game, it does very very well!!

how did you guys play together; on what system, what version of the game?!
PS4. Has to be the latest update for you to be able to connect online, i.e. 1.07.

We could have had that stuff (slower gameplay, sliders), IF "Share Play" worked. But it said we were in different regions. I'm so annoyed about this.

It worked before - but according to this link, it can't be fixed now. Really disappointing.

PS4. Has to be the latest update for you to be able to connect online, i.e. 1.07.

We could have had that stuff (slower gameplay, sliders), IF "Share Play" worked. But it said we were in different regions. I'm so annoyed about this.

It worked before - but according to this link, it can't be fixed now. Really disappointing.
ah ok, got it.

as i'm really not into online gaming because of the lag and difference to gameplay compared to offline (mainly experienced in the other game), may i ask: are there noticeable differences to offline gameplay when you guys played each other?! i hope you understand what i'm trying to ask here.

if it plays the same, i really would like to have a match with you guys. even when that means i have to update for this. i would, and when i'm done i'd reinstall the vanilla again for my own offline pleasure (that sounds a bit wrong :LOL: )!
is 4 player online possible?! like 2 vs 2?! :SHOCK:

Remember when we thought "love the internet we can watch/play anything from anywhere in the world with anyone we want"

ah ok, got it.

as i'm really not into online gaming because of the lag and difference to gameplay compared to offline (mainly experienced in the other game), may i ask: are there noticeable differences to offline gameplay when you guys played each other?! i hope you understand what i'm trying to ask here.

if it plays the same, i really would like to have a match with you guys. even when that means i have to update for this. i would, and when i'm done i'd reinstall the vanilla again for my own offline pleasure (that sounds a bit wrong :LOL: )!
is 4 player online possible?! like 2 vs 2?! :SHOCK:
I have no idea about the modes, we played friendly season. 5 matches.

Dont know about Chris, but I didnt notice any difference. It was smooth as a butter. No lag whatsoever on my side.
I know he is upset that we couldnt use sliders and slow the game down, but I think its his OCD. :LOL:
The game was brilliant even without sliders. And you of all the people would know how I like to play. I always go slow on Fifa and -1/-2 speed on Pes. And I play on Manual. So if it was too fast and unplayable - id definetely noticed that and it would piss me off.

I have no idea about the modes, we played friendly season. 5 matches.

Dont know about Chris, but I didnt notice any difference. It was smooth as a butter. No lag whatsoever on my side.
I know he is upset that we couldnt use sliders and slow the game down, but I think its his OCD. :LOL:
The game was brilliant even without sliders. And you of all the people would know how I like to play. I always go slow on Fifa and -1/-2 speed on Pes. And I play on Manual. So if it was too fast and unplayable - id definetely noticed that and it would piss me off.
so no sliders in any online mode?! can you at least set the gamespeed to slow or is that locked too?!

edit: yes mr. turtle, i know how you like to roll! :D

so no sliders in any online mode?! can you at least set the gamespeed to slow or is that locked too?!
Think its locked too. Which is strange since its a friendly. At some stage Chris said he set it to slow, but I dont think it was on Slow. Didnt notice any difference.

You can set it to "slow" in friendlies, but it doesn't make any difference. Still blisteringly fast...
that sounds stupid; that it doesnt make a difference. why not let both users decide on what speed to play. guess its just "1 online speed setting" than! have you guys tried fast gameplay to see if that makes a difference?! do i have to do it all on my own!? :LOL:
;)
Think its locked too. Which is strange since its a friendly. At some stage Chris said he set it to slow, but I dont think it was on Slow. Didnt notice any difference.
exactly! should be possible to set, in a fair and make sense video game world!

Need to get some co-op career mode seshes going via Moonlight Streaming.
YES! This is the way forward. I use Parsec to play with friends, works absolutely perfectly. Plus you can switch between FIFA 16 and PES5 when you feel like something different.

there is alcohol in that toffee?! well, enjoy! :D

how is it working on xbox!? are you able to play the plain disc version or are you forced to update?!
is 1.07 the same on PS and XO?
I don't think there's a difference between them?
Just set internet to off ,and I'm good to go.
Need to uninstall my digital version first ,then I'll see how different it plays

Back
Top Bottom