FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I’m planning on returning to FIFA 16 again after I played PES 2021 for two months. Is there someone who could share a 21/22 kit folder ?

Wow. The faces make WAY more of a difference to my enjoyment than I thought they would. Thanks so much @Anth James / @papinho81!

I've just had a crash at the pre-match setup screen though (Man City v West Brom) - how do I investigate the issue?

Also, are there any other graphical mods you'd recommend? I've dabbled with changing the lighting and with the stadiums mods, is there anything else you'd recommend?

Wow. The faces make WAY more of a difference to my enjoyment than I thought they would. Thanks so much @Anth James / @papinho81!

I've just had a crash at the pre-match setup screen though (Man City v West Brom) - how do I investigate the issue?

Also, are there any other graphical mods you'd recommend? I've dabbled with changing the lighting and with the stadiums mods, is there anything else you'd recommend?

You can go to the editor mode in game and display the two teams players one by one until one crash the game.
You might need to execute Scouser has high quality face script (or I can send my player.txt table later).
Also, did you try regenerating after you added the faces?

You can go to the editor mode in game and display the two teams players one by one until one crash the game.
You might need to execute Scouser has high quality face script (or I can send my player.txt table later).
Also, did you try regenerating after you added the faces?
I did regenerate, yep - I will go through the EPL and see if it happens again.

Is there anywhere I can read about the "high quality face script"? Not sure what that means - sorry to be such a newb!

EDIT 1: Got it - Gallagher at West Brom from the looks of it...!

EDIT 2: And Edwards...

EDIT 3: Man City have some who crash the game too. Zinchenko, and Cancelo. Damn, it seems like a lot. :(

EDIT 4: Liverpool too. Van Dijk for example! Must be something I've done?

Last edited:
I did regenerate, yep - I will go through the EPL and see if it happens again.

Is there anywhere I can read about the "high quality face script"? Not sure what that means - sorry to be such a newb!

EDIT 1: Got it - Gallagher at West Brom from the looks of it...!

EDIT 2: And Edwards...

EDIT 3: Man City have some who crash the game too. Zinchenko, and Cancelo. Damn, it seems like a lot. :(
1) With DBmaster extract your player.txt table to the data/sceneassets folder .

2) Put the two face types files from this zip inside your data/sceneassets folder.

3) Double click on the .bat one.

4) Import back the player.txt folder with DBmaster and save.

5) In game reset the squad to default.

You can use the player.txt I provided and start at the step 4 if you prefer (it is the default FIP4.1 with the script applied to it).

I personnaly use CM16 to regenerate.

Attachments

• Players face script.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
God, I love this community, truly. Thanks guys.

I managed to follow those instructions Pap - plus I managed to find DB Master 15 - and extracted the players.txt myself (it's a miracle)!

Ran the script, re-imported, saved, and all looking good so far.

That's my evening sorted. Thanks so much!

maybe not right place to ask but... did clean install of fifa 16 and followed video how to install fip 4.0. but there is fip 4.1 out so I replace 4.1 files over 4.0 and select 4.1 in fip. players have issues like missing faces, stadiums have no stands, etc. I regenerated files with i68 controller. does anyone know what can be the issue?

I think the best way to install everything is to:
1) Copy paste what is inside the Manual install of FIP4.0 to your game folder (replace when asked), then regenerate.
2) Copy paste what is inside the Manual install of FIP4.1 to your game folder (replace when asked), then regenerate.
3) With FIP version manager select the 4.1 database you want to use
4) In game reset the squads to default.

Is anyone struggling to find a way to make bigger teams more tougher? I find myself easily being able to beat big teams because all they do is pass around and not really pose any threat to my defense. Custom tactics is not making enough different right now.

@Emroth as for difference, I got the digital version, so the only vanika part I assume I played, was the friendly match I played, with the first 4GB of the game, which was Real-Barca. It was smooth as butter.

After the game downloaded completelly, it became speed rocket. The biggest problem I face is the speed of the ball when the CPU is passing between them. The ball moves so fast, like an explosion happens. Also the players sometimes accelerate also as fast as they exploded, even ignoring the sliders.

As I am a fifanoob, I play in normal speed mode, cause I am afraid the side effects, I've read through time, that when you okay in slow there is a lot catchup etc.

Also I do not like to make radical changes to sliders. My main approach is to improve the fast pace by setting the same value for, speed, acceleration, pass speed. I tried them all to 35,infound the ball bece less free, it was almost all time on someones control.

I now have all 3 sliders on 45,it is still too fast, but playable with some exceptions that the CPU becomes extatic fast.

What troubles me is, I checks OS sliders by @Matt10 and the suggestion is, Speed 52, accel 48, pass speed 45..i am really to noob and cannot understand why to set speed to 52, while the ge is already fast by default. Finally what I noticed by having bigger spe/accel than pass speed, players intercept again a lot more passes, making the ball even less free.

I don't know maybe my formula of messing only with those 3 values is totally off...

@Emroth as for difference, I got the digital version, so the only vanika part I assume I played, was the friendly match I played, with the first 4GB of the game, which was Real-Barca. It was smooth as butter.

After the game downloaded completelly, it became speed rocket. The biggest problem I face is the speed of the ball when the CPU is passing between them. The ball moves so fast, like an explosion happens. Also the players sometimes accelerate also as fast as they exploded, even ignoring the sliders.

As I am a fifanoob, I play in normal speed mode, cause I am afraid the side effects, I've read through time, that when you okay in slow there is a lot catchup etc.

Also I do not like to make radical changes to sliders. My main approach is to improve the fast pace by setting the same value for, speed, acceleration, pass speed. I tried them all to 35,infound the ball bece less free, it was almost all time on someones control.

I now have all 3 sliders on 45,it is still too fast, but playable with some exceptions that the CPU becomes extatic fast.

What troubles me is, I checks OS sliders by @Matt10 and the suggestion is, Speed 52, accel 48, pass speed 45..i am really to noob and cannot understand why to set speed to 52, while the ge is already fast by default. Finally what I noticed by having bigger spe/accel than pass speed, players intercept again a lot more passes, making the ball even less free.

I don't know maybe my formula of messing only with those 3 values is totally off...
Physically is lost to some degree as well, when updated to 1.07, imo. A bit better crossing by the AI down to better passing overall I guess. Faster passing as you said.

Usually the OS sliders have an explanation to each value. I found that very helpful and explanatory.
Not sure if those are still up for 16 though.
It’s a complex beast and values have an impact on each other, as far as I understood.

Last edited:
I might install this on PS5 at some point, I bought it from eBay for £3 but still haven’t tried it. I remember FIFA 14, 15, 17 etc but not this game for some reason.

I definitely remember playing it back when it was released but unsure why I didn’t persist with it.

This version is still Ignite, right? So it’s challenging in Career Mode on default controls? (I don’t want to learn FUMA etc, I simply haven’t got the time).

(It will run on PS5 surely? It’s the PS4 version of FIFA 16.)

I might install this on PS5 at some point, I bought it from eBay for £3 but still haven’t tried it. I remember FIFA 14, 15, 17 etc but not this game for some reason.

I definitely remember playing it back when it was released but unsure why I didn’t persist with it.

This version is still Ignite, right? So it’s challenging in Career Mode on default controls? (I don’t want to learn FUMA etc, I simply haven’t got the time).

Career Mode will kick your arse if you're anything like me. :LOL: Ignite is a totally different ball-game.

Should work on the PS5 no problem. I have the disc but haven't actually tried it on the PS5 (I've got it on PC too).

Career Mode will kick your arse if you're anything like me. :LOL: Ignite is a totally different ball-game.

Should work on the PS5 no problem. I have the disc but haven't actually tried it on the PS5 (I've got it on PC too).
Thanks Chris! Is this best played on ‘slow’ or ‘normal’ speed?

, I play in normal speed mode, cause I am afraid the side effects, I've read through time, that when you okay in slow there is a lot catchup etc.

Also I do not like to make radical changes to sliders. My main approach is to improve the fast pace by setting the same value for, speed, acceleration, pass speed.
Well... what can I say to that...
Just change the bleeding game speed to slow and stop overthinking the sliders, will you?? :LOL:
As a comparison - on Fifa20 I had pass speed at 45 while players speed at fucking 10 to bring some players weight into the game. :LOL:
There is no logic in sliders, just what makes it playable for you.
You should go down to around 42 on pass speed, bring the first touch error high and set the game speed on slow.
(Settings we have on Vanilla)
And only then check if its still rocket speed.
Ps. Players speed and acceleration I have both at 49 as I found it bit more weighty and fun to dribble, but thats personal.

Had to dig through it, but here's the explanation of the slider set for FIFA 16 that we did at OS:

1626751176658.png

For those interested here are a couple of updates for the FIP 4.1 Patch

Tight kits db: This is a default 4.1 db with tight kits for all jerseys. Just replace your db and regenerate.

https://mega.nz/file/4cc1UCII#l1xn3VQh1ML_WFrOYk5VhFExQ_hUl8w65LQ6E6bZwEs

For those wanting to get ready for the 21/22 season, I've gone through the db and promoted and relegated all of the teams I could for the English, Spanish, French, Italian and German leagues. For the bottom league of all countries I haven't relegated or promoted teams which aren't in the game, but if you're playing in England for example, all teams are correct down until League Two. Fonts and league patches should work as well. In preview screen you'll see old badges/fonts but in game it should be updated.

21/22 Promoted/Relegated Teams 4.1 DB (Eng, Fra, Spa, Ita, Ger leagues) with Tight kits: Again, just replace your db and regenerate - https://mega.nz/file/4cc1UCII#l1xn3VQh1ML_WFrOYk5VhFExQ_hUl8w65LQ6E6bZwEs

For those who don't want want tight kits or a new db, I've uploaded the table from the db that you need. Just use dbmaster and import this table in over the top of 'leagueteamlinks', save and regenerate.

Leagueteamlinks table - https://mega.nz/file/AMUHRI6Z#yqZ2yFsRUEXxsOPuPTn_JINB6KnFH0bN4pq6BRYFsw4

If you're looking for 21/22 kits, I've been converting some as they come out, so you can download them here - http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-kits.6469648/

Here's some updated 21/22 balls as well - http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-balls.6469657/

Note: Backup your original db first.

Last edited:

thats all i'm doing since the PS5 is out! its my most played game on the new console! :D

@slamsoze beware that the set @Matt10 posted is for version 1.07!!!
a lot of users here prefer the vanilla version (1.00). i'd, as always, recommend my beloved @Tamer slider as a base.

if you really want to dig deep: go vanilla, vanilla with sliders, 1.07, 1.07 with sliders! :BOP: it wont feel like testing or work, its a educational joyride! :D

Last edited:
thats all i'm doing since the PS5 is out! its my most played game on the new console! :D

@slamsoze beware that the set @Matt10 posted is for verison 1.07!!!
a lot of users here prefer the vanilla version (1.00). i'd, as always, i recommend my beloved @Tamer slider as a base.

if you really want to dig deep: go vanilla, vanilla with sliders, 1.07, 1.07 with sliders! :BOP: it wont feel like testing or work, its a educational joyride! :D
I know mate, but I have it digital mate. No vanilla for me..
I am running an awesome career (LOL) :P
10 games with St. Pauli, 4 points but i won Wolfsburg in Deutsche Pokal, with a questionable PK by handball.

Thank god, EA sports and PES 3 that handball does exist in PS4 fifas ;)

Great post.
@Emroth promised i would let you know about vanilla vs upgraded Fifa 16.
Played about 10 games on vanilla. Nice slow pace, cpu passing the ball around......a lot!
But, they are passing around and not being direct at all. You can see differences between good vs bad teams.
The good teams like Barca are passing the ball around much quicker, but they hardly get off a shot or try to be direct.
I play on professional so maybe that's the reason.

Then I updated the game....my bloody ps5 kept starting the upgrade every couple of minutes even though i switched off automatic updates.
With regard to the update i agree with @slamsoze : it became a fucking speedfest!
Pass pass pass at very high speed. The game is just too damn frantic for me.
CPU does play a little bit more direct, they still pass around the ball a lot, but on the vanilla version that was more on their own half.

Anyway, did not like it so went to Operation Sports and downloaded @Matt10 sliders for '16. I always use his sliders.
This slows down the game (i play on slow) and makes it more balanced.
For me it could be slower even, but Fifa has always been the faster game compared to PES.

I may drop down the speed by one or 2 points to slow it down a bit more.
Overall i see myself playing this for a while, last Fifa I have is '20 and i never play that anymore.
The game basically became worse when it switched to frostbite. Obviously it got even worse when the focus shifted 100% to their money making FUT.

And now i read on this forum that Fifa 16 is discontinued on pc. I was still looking for an Origin key at a reasonable price, wanted to use all the mods but I guess that is no longer an option.

Sad times.

Great post.
@Emroth promised i would let you know about vanilla vs upgraded Fifa 16.
Played about 10 games on vanilla. Nice slow pace, cpu passing the ball around......a lot!
But, they are passing around and not being direct at all. You can see differences between good vs bad teams.
The good teams like Barca are passing the ball around much quicker, but they hardly get off a shot or try to be direct.
I play on professional so maybe that's the reason.

Then I updated the game....my bloody ps5 kept starting the upgrade every couple of minutes even though i switched off automatic updates.
With regard to the update i agree with @slamsoze : it became a fucking speedfest!
Pass pass pass at very high speed. The game is just too damn frantic for me.
CPU does play a little bit more direct, they still pass around the ball a lot, but on the vanilla version that was more on their own half.

Anyway, did not like it so went to Operation Sports and downloaded @Matt10 sliders for '16. I always use his sliders.
This slows down the game (i play on slow) and makes it more balanced.
For me it could be slower even, but Fifa has always been the faster game compared to PES.

I may drop down the speed by one or 2 points to slow it down a bit more.
Overall i see myself playing this for a while, last Fifa I have is '20 and i never play that anymore.
The game basically became worse when it switched to frostbite. Obviously it got even worse when the focus shifted 100% to their money making FUT.

And now i read on this forum that Fifa 16 is discontinued on pc. I was still looking for an Origin key at a reasonable price, wanted to use all the mods but I guess that is no longer an option.

Sad times.
tenor.gif

:APPLAUD: so good to read!
first, because i like people being happy and you came across like that with you comment.
second, i'm not insane, noticing those details too.

regarding the ever returning updates on console... i got the rhythm now! when the game is open, it cant be updated. when i put my PS5 to rest mode, the game is still open and cant be updated. when i return to the game after playing something else, the game downloads the update but is open again. no install of the patch. and even when the patch sneaks in sometimes, deleting and reinstalling the game is like 15 min max!

edit: well, i will give 1.07 with the OS sliders another try... damn you! i was satisified! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, pal.
Yes, rarely, but Im also noticing moments when CPU should be more direct yet they are passing the ball around with their goalkeeper. Even when im applying a lot of pressure and its getting really hot - they still wont huff it away and still trying to pass around on the ground.

As for the sliders - @Matt10 is a fantastic fella and his work for football sims is absolutely humongous.

But I do believe that people are putting too much focus on OS sliders and are afraid to touch anything in case it upsets the ballance.
I always treated OS sliders (and any sliders) as a base. And if it was still too fast for me, or CPU was ping ponging the ball around - I was always droping down the speed while increasing all errors. Sometimes significantly.
Remember, guys - everyone is different and sliders should be more personal preference, rather than something forced.
If it doesnt feel right - adjust it.

Thanks for the update, pal.
Yes, rarely, but Im also noticing moments when CPU should be more direct yet they are passing the ball around with their goalkeeper. Even when im applying a lot of pressure and its getting really hot - they still wont huff it away and still trying to pass around on the ground.

As for the sliders - @Matt10 is a fantastic fella and his work for football sims is absolutely humongous.

But I do believe that people are putting too much focus on OS sliders and are afraid to touch anything in case it upsets the ballance.
I always treated OS sliders (and any sliders) as a base. And if it was still too fast for me, or CPU was ping ponging the ball around - I was always droping down the speed while increasing all errors. Sometimes significantly.
Remember, guys - everyone is different and sliders should be more personal preference, rather than something forced.
If it doesnt feel right - adjust it.
i second that! :TU:

while everyone is wating for current gen news... i'm so glad we found our quiet little space of video game football heaven (at least we are sitting on a cloud). :D
i'm waiting for news on the new editions as well, but i'm so relaxed while doing so! :D

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Fifa 16 + 18 disc versions ordered.
€1.50 and €2.5.
Anything I'm going to miss by not updating 16?(and 18)
Stadiums/Leagues.
I'm starting to hoard shit again...
Shout out to @Emroth ,were probably the only one's liking 18
Thought you already owned 16 mate? I’m going to start a career on there at some point.

Thought you already owned 16 mate? I’m going to start a career on there at some point.
I do!
But it came bundled digitally on my first Xbox ,so I can't play the vanilla version.

I got one going ,but I keep going back to 17 ,which (updated) find better right now.
18 grew on me after it was fully patched ,hated it at first but I've had a lot of fun playing it ,recently removed from game pass/EA play though (with 15/16/17).

You should play a career on 16 ,great game.

Fifa 16 + 18 disc versions ordered.
€1.50 and €2.5.
Anything I'm going to miss by not updating 16?(and 18)
Stadiums/Leagues.
I'm starting to hoard shit again...
Shout out to @Emroth ,were probably the only one's liking 18
In 2016 by not updating, you will miss the fake brazilian players in Brasileirao clubs. They are oficial in vanilla version! :)

For 2018, i assume the 2018 Mundial DLC. But since AFAIK it is not implemented in CM, it is just an offline competition, i mean for me coming from PES, i could just live by playing a custom cup World Cup. EA does already good job in presentation, generic scoreboards, etc, so you just miss a WC skin, i assume. The different backgorund in WC menus and the official addboards-scoreboards, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom