FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Where do I start with this..?
I'm so torn between being happy and sad at the same time..

Can anyone explain to me how 5 editions ago Fifa played and even LOOKED better than now? Player faces actually looked less creepy and more natural on Ignite.. i just cant get my head around this..

I played few friendlies and pre-season tournament in CM and it was most refreshing football experience I had since I tried Pes17. Id go as far as to say it was better, coz Fifa16 is more sim and less stiff on Full Manual than Pes17.

First of all - I was shocked how easy and pleasant is to control the players. This simply does not feel like Fifa I know.
Players have weight, shots pack a punch..

From the videos I knew that AI is good, so there was no surprises there. But I thought controls will still be like in Fifa. Light weight of the players, weird headers, difficult and non-physical defending..

But everything is there! I can grab their shirts when im chasing them on the wing, I can push them of the ball, shit - even sliding tackles are effective when timed right! And shooting feels so nice! So nice that I went to Full Manual shooting.

I have won all three matches in pre-season tournament, so if it becomes a bit too easy - ill bump it up to World Class.
Professional was always enough for me on Fifa, as Full Manual was so difficult and unpredictable to control. Here - everything I want - just happens.

It honestly made me a bit sad, how Fifa had something like this few years ago and then moved to this Frostbite yoke.

This is a game from 5 years ago and it feels more "next gen" than any game I played in this time period..

Madness

Last edited:
Where do I start with this..?
I'm so torn between being happy and sad at the same time..

Can anyone explain to me how 5 editions ago Fifa played and even LOOKED better than now? Player faces actually looked less creepy and more natural on Ignite.. i just cant get my head around this..

I played few friendlies and pre-season tournament in CM and it was most refreshing football experience I had since I tried Pes17. Id go as far as to say it was better, coz Fifa16 is more sim and less stiff on Full Manual than Pes17.

First of all - I was shocked how easy and pleasant is to control the players. This simply does not feel like Fifa I know.
Players have weight, shots pack a punch..

From the videos I knew that AI is good, so there was no surprises there. But I thought controls will still be like in Fifa. Light weight of the players, weird headers, difficult and non-physical defending..

But everything is there! I can grab their shirts when im chasing them on the wing, I can push them of the ball, shit - even sliding tackles are effective when timed right! And shooting feels so nice! So nice that I went to Full Manual shooting.

I have won all three matches in pre-season tournament, so if it becomes a bit too easy - ill bump it up to World Class.
Professional was always enough for me on Fifa, as Full Manual was so difficult and unpredictable to control. Here - everything I want - just happens.

It honestly made me a bit sad, how Fifa had something like this few years ago and then moved to this Frostbite yoke.

This is a game from 5 years ago and it feels more "next gen" than any game I played in this time period..

Madness
Welcome to the club!

You'll never leave...

I have won all three matches in pre-season tournament, so if it becomes a bit too easy - ill bump it up to World Class
Yeah... fuck that! :LOL:
I went into the season like cowboys walk into saloon and got slapped right at the front door.
3 losses and 1 win so far... changed my mind about going Wolrd Class... :LOL:

The best thing is - it was all fair and square. They were better - I was nervous.
None of the losses were frustrating.
Apart from that penalty in 89th minute, where I decided to play rugby for some reason.. but again - my fault entirely.

How the hell do I find FIFA 16 for PC at a decent price.. I found one after searching again after a few weeks and this is what I see...

unknown.png
It's cheaper on CD Keys

https://www.cdkeys.com/fifa-16-pc-cd-key-origin

@Emroth Have you downloaded the 20/21 FIP patch? It'll be like you are playing (a really good version of) FIFA 21, so there's really no reason to go back - or forward, in this case!
He's on console, and no amount of convincing will turn him - even the fact that, with FIP, you can start a Champions League qualification journey at the very beginning with a team like Shamrock Rovers (which I absolutely love). I've tried. :D

@Emroth Have you downloaded the 20/21 FIP patch? It'll be like you are playing (a really good version of) FIFA 21, so there's really no reason to go back - or forward, in this case!

The gameplay it has with the 20/21 FIP Patch in match mode is just amazing. It feels like a new whole game. The best one I have tested so far

¿Anyone feel like that players move much more sluggish in career mode? Even in the first match they're clumsy, they can't do the same passes they do in exhbition matches
¿Is there any way to have the same gameplay in both modes?

He's on console, and no amount of convincing will turn him - even the fact that, with FIP, you can start a Champions League qualification journey at the very beginning with a team like Shamrock Rovers (which I absolutely love). I've tried. :D
Yeah, Chris has answered for me.
I appreciate that you guys want to make my experience even better, but honestly - Fifa16 Vanilla is actually more than I hoped for.
I dont have that much time to play, so I dont want to invest into PC. Need something simple - pick, play, forget.

Fifa16 still looks fairly decent, I dont have any issues with squads not being up to date. In fact - its fun to find out who was still playing where back then.
A lot of kits these days, imho, are also quite manky and I actually prefer the kits from back then.

And all the bells, whistles and stadiums? Listen - anything is an improvement coming from Pes Master League.. I have more bells than I can count here.. :LOL:

Thank you tho!

Is the PES master league that bad? Never played the game myself but i heard a lot of negativity about regens and the gobal dullness of the mode. Let's be honest, even if the gamplay rocks, you need some imagination to make the carreer mode immersive in fifa 16, for example with press conferences and player/manager interaction (via email, as if they don't see each other every day on the training ground :) ) Can't imagine there is something even less develloped than this.

Hi everyone, long time follower of this thread and finally got my finger out and tonight, I finally installed all the Classic Patch updates and installation files to my FIFA16 folder on my computer. Little did I know that Origin removed FIFA16 from service, even though I paid premium price back in 2016 to install the game on my computer. Now I can't activate game even though I have literally had it on my computer since 2016. Do I have to buy a new CD key to play it? Apologies if this has already been discussed. I'm just so excited to play these FANTASTIC mods.

Hi everyone, long time follower of this thread and finally got my finger out and tonight, I finally installed all the Classic Patch updates and installation files to my FIFA16 folder on my computer. Little did I know that Origin removed FIFA16 from service, even though I paid premium price back in 2016 to install the game on my computer. Now I can't activate game even though I have literally had it on my computer since 2016. Do I have to buy a new CD key to play it? Apologies if this has already been discussed. I'm just so excited to play these FANTASTIC mods.
Did you buy the game back then? Maybe you're logging in with a different account. They can't take away games from you that you've bought.

Did you buy the game back then? Maybe you're logging in with a different account. They can't take away games from you that you've bought.
I got the game through the EA Access program before they renamed it a couple of times. So technically it came with my membership. I bought the most expensive plan. The game is still on my hard drive and downloaded through Origin. Now they won't let me play the game without "activating" it since it's not on EA Play Pro anymore. Typical EA

I got the game through the EA Access program before they renamed it a couple of times. So technically it came with my membership. I bought the most expensive plan. The game is still on my hard drive and downloaded through Origin. Now they won't let me play the game without "activating" it since it's not on EA Play Pro anymore. Typical EA
They removed a bunch of fifa games from that service. Its a subscription service and its not just EA that do this. Same thing happened to me with FIFA17, but if you bought it, it will still be there.
Try to find a cheap code somewhere. A few months ago I got one from AMazon UK for FIFA 14 and 16 was selling for less than 10$

Last time I played this was probably a month or so ago.
I booted up an old Swansea save,probably from 2015/16 that I've played every now and then, didn't like it,every PL team I played against had 90+% in passing and it felt quite ping pongy at times, actually preferred 17.

But since i know it's a good game, I decided to go outside the PL (which I've done on 17-18-19-20) do some transfers and stadium assignment.
Started a new career with Fiorentina,had to do some adjustment along the way in my first game, like raising pass speed for the CPU to 20 (from 15) lower pass/first touch error , all those things that made my previous save "playable".

Oboy what a magnificent game this became,sneaked in a 3-2 win over Milan at home.
Can't really explain how good this game became Vs my old save.
Stunning!
I'm most likely going back to 15 min halves (10 now).
On semi pass/shooting all other manual and WC.
God damn how good this played.
And now,in 2121 where football games are dead I've got three great games going, PES 5/17 and this.
Btw on console so no need for patch tips etc.
Brilliant!

Last edited:
A lot of kits these days, imho, are also quite manky and I actually prefer the kits from back then.
I second that. Even if, to be honest, I'd go even more back in time with kits.
I feel that the ones of the late '90s and early '00s (let's expand it a little, let's say 1994-2008) were the best kits ever. I mean, isn't this a lovely kit?
You could argue that there were lots of kits that were just over the top back then (especially the Umbro GKs) and you're right, but the majority of the kits from that period was pretty classy. It might also be a matter of rose tinted glasses, I won't deny it.

Sorry for the OT though. 🙂

Feel like a kid the night before Xmas every time I'm booting this game up.
Played Torino away with my Fiorentina ,rain pissed down and it was tricky to create much.
3-4 shots at goal a piece , I'd say one close call for Torino when I hit the bar.
The rest?
Just scrappy midfield and defending.
Game ended 0-0
So many boxes ticked with this game

Yeah, Im over half way through Bundesliga season (playing as FC Köln).
Mid table, closer to relegation than any cup qualifiers. But im absolutely loving it.

You should try full manual shooting, Ricky. Adds yet another bit of of fun.

Thought that after a while I will start noticing the flaws, but when it comes to basics - i really cant complain. Everything is there. Its challenging, its fair and its fun.

Transfers are shite, although i dont care about them much. I always invest into youth academy and grow my own talents.
But there are moments, where players will say to me
- ah, boss, i love the club. So happy to be here!
Im offering him contract - rejected. :LOL:

Or - offer a contract, player accepted and then sends me "i hope you understand my decision of leaving the club. No hard feelings.." ...what? :LOL:

On and my latest discovery - what the fuck is the story with penalties there??
Got to a penalties in a cup game and missed every single one of them! :LOL:

Yeah, Im over half way through Bundesliga season (playing as FC Köln).
Mid table, closer to relegation than any cup qualifiers. But im absolutely loving it.

You should try full manual shooting, Ricky. Adds yet another bit of of fun.

Thought that after a while I will start noticing the flaws, but when it comes to basics - i really cant complain. Everything is there. Its challenging, its fair and its fun.

Transfers are shite, although i dont care about them much. I always invest into youth academy and grow my own talents.
But there are moments, where players will say to me
- ah, boss, i love the club. So happy to be here!
Im offering him contract - rejected. :LOL:

Or - offer a contract, player accepted and then sends me "i hope you understand my decision of leaving the club. No hard feelings.." ...what? :LOL:

On and my latest discovery - what the fuck is the story with penalties there??
Got to a penalties in a cup game and missed every single one of them! :LOL:
Ha ha ha (on the penalty thing)
I remember back when I started playing this game ,just cup games were very strange ,didn't matter if you were Chelsea playing Doncaster ,it most likely end up in a draw then penalties.

And speaking of penalties ,being off and on different games and suddenly get one ,and having forgotten how to take them..

I'd most likely drift in to fully manual too ,I think WC on this game is a real (but fair) challenge ,so it's a step above my skills shooting manually ATM ,but I'll get there.

Don't mind the flaws or transfers ,it's outweighed by its pros.
Brilliant game ,and I do believe other leagues or lower leagues than the PL is the way to go ,that's my experience from other FIFA titles.

Bit disappointed that you haven't taken on Mallorca yet Marty:)
We all know you'll eventually end up there

Ha ha ha (on the penalty thing)
I remember back when I started playing this game ,just cup games were very strange ,didn't matter if you were Chelsea playing Doncaster ,it most likely end up in a draw then penalties.

And speaking of penalties ,being off and on different games and suddenly get one ,and having forgotten how to take them..

I'd most likely drift in to fully manual too ,I think WC on this game is a real (but fair) challenge ,so it's a step above my skills shooting manually ATM ,but I'll get there.

Don't mind the flaws or transfers ,it's outweighed by its pros.
Brilliant game ,and I do believe other leagues or lower leagues than the PL is the way to go ,that's my experience from other FIFA titles.

Bit disappointed that you haven't taken on Mallorca yet Marty:)
We all know you'll eventually end up there
lots of opportunities to get better (than England ;) ) at penals in this game!
penalties and foul play play overall, plus ref decisions come in a variety and quantity that it feels life like, imo.
i get my occasional penalty or cause one... but its all in balance (not to many, not to less).

and dont get me started on the ref keeping the game on playing and giving yellows later, when the game is paused. they dont forget... :D love that!
wish i could cause a yellow for my opponent and the second yellow, resulting in a red card, would come later... want to see the opponent player looking confused when the ref sends him off like 5 minutes after the second foul happend! :LOL:
you gotta have goals, right!? ;)

lots of opportunities to get better (than England ;) ) at penals in this game!
penalties and foul play play overall, plus ref decisions come in a variety and quantity that it feels life like, imo.
i get my occasional penalty or cause one... but its all in balance (not to many, not to less).

and dont get me started on the ref keeping the game on playing and giving yellows later, when the game is paused. they dont forget... :D love that!
wish i could cause a yellow for my opponent and the second yellow, resulting in a red card, would come later... want to see the opponent player looking confused when the ref sends him off like 5 minutes after the second foul happend! :LOL:
you gotta have goals, right!? ;)
It's the (most) perfect FIFA game ever ,probably top three of all through history

@DuduBR9 hey bud,
it runs like a 2015 PS4 game on PS5. no advantages as far as I can see. 3rd person shoulder cam drops some FPS, even in the menus, as I had to find out just days ago. Broadcast and regular cam are absolutely fine!

Back
Top Bottom