FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

and i cant remember right either :D

all the memories i have that before FIFA14 NG all players had no shoulders every year

and i cant remember right either :D

all the memories i have that before FIFA14 NG all players had no shoulders every year

No dude, you forgot I guess. Because from Fifa 12- players started to have big bulky shoulders.

I really liked the kit models of Fifa 08 and 09(Ps3/360 versions) and 11 had balanced kit model- not too tight and not too bulky either.

To me, the players who have their shirts tucked in look horrible in fifa 16. Untucked kits look somewhat okay (Still looks like cylinder ).

Edit: Pes 10 & 13 had great kit model too.

Edit 2: Oh, and its the kit wrinkle texture in Fifa 16 which is making it look weird because this texture matched better with the Fifa 15 model. But its obviously better than the horrible Fifa 14 kit wrinkle. I think they should make a new kit wrinklr similar to that of Fifa 08-13.

Or they can make it like that of Demo Fifa 14 on pc which looked best to me.

Last edited:

for me the main issue with the new body types are the tick legs... compare CRonado`s in this picture... EA needs to add leg tickness variation asap to their body type schemes.
KHoGfqB.jpg

That racial and pun joke.

There was no racial/pun joke in my comment so it would seem you're trying to read something into my comment that simply wasn't there, English isn't your first language right? So perhaps it's that, if you're implying I was making a racist comment then you're very far off :)

English isn't your first language right? So perhaps it's that, if you're implying I was making a racist comment then you're very far off :)
I guess he didn't mean racist, but he thought "Asian = pun about Konami" in my opinion.

There was no racial/pun joke in my comment so it would seem you're trying to read something into my comment that simply wasn't there, English isn't your first language right? So perhaps it's that, if you're implying I was making a racist comment then you're very far off :)

Right, English isn't my first language. The google translator mistakes from time to time.
Anyway I'm happy to hear you didn't mean it:))

I guess he didn't mean racist, but he thought "Asian = pun about Konami" in my opinion.

LOL it's far off. Maybe my comment was too subtle:D

Last edited:

Is it possible to play with 2 keyboards yet? I would really like to see support of playing with 2 keyboards (keyboard vs keyboard). It was my dream since Rtwc 98 (Cause me and my brother prefers to play with keyboard and in pc version- they should really add dual keyboard. Its pc after all).

Nope, its not.
Every time when play player vs player, when you just touch even mm power buton its always a goal and ball is entering to goal very slowly. Definetly bug.

What are you talking about, all I see is the striker slotting it past the keeper lol.
The keeper looks unnatural though. He goes down like he fell suddenly asleep instead of trying to save it, I would expect that a keeper at the very least tried to stick out a leg in a situation like that. The shot is very slow so the keeper DID have time to react. He just couldn't be a**ed to.

I´m not a programmer, developer, marketing dude but I find it quite funny that such a big company as EA (which produced many great games) simply doesn´t get it right making proper player models.
Lambert last year and Ronald this year (just for example) look awful!

KONAMI does it a lot better in this regard.

I still feel these games dont look as good as they should for next gen.

I still feel these games dont look as good as they should for next gen.
On the one hand, there's so much more going on than in your normal next-gen game, the AI is making so many more decisions per second than in something like, for example, Witcher 3. So I can forgive the graphics being a bit "average".

On the OTHER hand... The Rory McIlroy golf game just came out, and considering it's been in the works for two years, I think the graphics should be MUCH better. They're the same level of average - there's no AA so there's constant shimmering, but what I find bizarre is Rory's face from the front, because...

The Ronaldo shots above that everyone's moaning about... I look at them and I know who it is, it looks enough like him for me to register "that's Ronaldo" without going "his face is 10% too round to be him" or "his cheekbones are too high up". It's just Ronaldo. There's no further analysis, and when you see him in the game you don't think twice about it.

Rory's face from the front, though... I don't know who it is, until he turns to the side. It's bad. Every time you see him, you think "that's really bad".

So maybe it's just an EA thing (I've said before, I wonder if their attitude is to make faces a bit "cartoony" rather than photorealistic because then the generic faces don't stand out as being fake videogame characters - when someone in Pro Evo with a photorealistic face stands next to a referee who looks like he's from Scooby Doo, it shatters the illusion).

Last edited:

They don't need to remake whole graphics to make it look good. They could just make the existing assets more better by improving the lighting, kit models, kit animations, graas color. They did improve the faces a lot. Now they should work on the lighting and grass color (Very necessary to make the game look better). They can work on the 3d grass too. The 3d grass suddenly vanishes like the rest part has been cut off with blade. The 3d grass should fade and blend in a way that wont look its freakin cut off.

The Ronaldo shots above that everyone's moaning about... I look at them and I know who it is, it looks enough like him for me to register "that's Ronaldo" without going "his face is 10% too round to be him" or "his cheekbones are too high up". It's just Ronaldo. There's no further analysis, and when you see him in the game you don't think twice about it.

I honestly didn't know who it was supposed to be, and 'in game' I play on the broadcast angle and rarely recognise him when he has the ball. He has a very unique running motion in real life and in fifa its just the same as everyone else. At a distance it could be anyone, and its going to be even worse now his model is wrong and he looks short and fat. and that's not me bring pedantic in a 10% this or cheekbone that way, which I haven't seen anyone say.
Its just plain wrong on almost all accounts.

Last edited:

I honestly didn't know who it was supposed to be, and 'in game' I play on the broadcast angle and rarely recognise him when he has the ball. He has a very unique running motion in real life and in fifa its just the same as everyone else. At a distance it could be anyone, and its going to be even worse now his model is wrong and he looks short and fat. and that's not me bring pedantic in a 10% this or cheekbone that way, which I haven't seen anyone say.
Its just plain wrong on almost all accounts.
I've never really thought about recognising a player model from a distance, maybe because not every player in the world runs or moves in a special way, and I rarely play with/against superstars so it just doesn't occur to me that I could recognise them from their model or movement. Thinking about it, it's literally only commentary that lets me know who a player is (I have the "HUD" turned off).

But I see your point, totally. I just know that when a game cuts to a close-up, and you don't know who it is (i.e. Rory McIlroy when it's from the front), and it's a CLOSE-UP, and he's your COVER STAR... That's pretty bad.

I feel like the whole "uncanny valley" thing is why they don't go for photorealism when it comes to faces, but player models... No excuse there.

So I wonder why they're so bad? What's the reason? They're a big complaint every year...

EDIT: Just to show the McIlroy thing... Not the best example but I'm at work so it'll have to do. He looks like an elf in an RPG game to me.

SCREENSHOT
2853110-trailer_easportsrorymcilroypgatour_gameplayfeatures_20150423.jpg

ACTUAL PHOTO
McIlroy.jpg

Last edited:

Is it me or Ronaldo's hips looks wider than his shoulders? As vain as he is, he'll be furious when he sees that:SNACK::SNACK:

Dani Carvajal's ( who I love <3 <3 <3 #nohomo ) face looks spectacular.

I feel like the whole "uncanny valley" thing is why they don't go for photorealism when it comes to faces, but player models... No excuse there.

So I wonder why they're so bad? What's the reason? They're a big complaint every year...
They do go for photorealism, but they are stranded in the uncanny valley because of the ancient technology they are using. FIFA faces are always looking lifeless because the simulation of the facial muscles is vastly inferior to PES.

Only difference I see between actual and ingame McIlroy is that actual one has more pimples.

Last edited:

Hopefully this year the lower team goalkeepers will have sponsor on their shirts. And i hope they have sorted the over the top pass which has been spammed to death.

The face texture on that Rory is the most obvious flaw. But the other major issue is the size, angle and shape of the eyes. His are larger and downward sloping.
I'm guessing the issue is the skeleton model underneath is built with the eyes perfectly aligned. So while other faces won't look so bad his does.

I gave up on that... seems that in this engine its just impossible to do that since its an issue for over 5 years now...
It's not impossible, it's in by design. They could fo away with it anytime they want but they know that some players (youtubers anyone?) won't be happy with that (remember that at the beginning of FIFA 15 they removed the auto-tackling but they had to bring it back as a lot of people complained).

I gave up on that... seems that in this engine its just impossible to do that since its an issue for over 5 years now...
It's beyond annoying now. Playing some Barca bumboy online and having them do this everytime they attack makes me want to beat the shit out of someone. :BORED:

It's not impossible, it's in by design. They could fo away with it anytime they want but they know that some players (youtubers anyone?) won't be happy with that (remember that at the beginning of FIFA 15 they removed the auto-tackling but they had to bring it back as a lot of people complained).

Thats just sad than... like why didnt they fixed the winter gear bug in edit mode yet? its been there since FIFA09 yet such a simple thing as adding winter gear options in edit more are aways neglected... lazyness.

It's beyond annoying now. Playing some Barca bumboy online and having them do this everytime they attack makes me want to beat the shit out of someone. :BORED:
Well hopefully the addition of an emphasis on midfield will address the attacking spam fest in this game online. It just seems like every time you lose possession, it just results in an instant counter attack on goal.

Back
Top Bottom