FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Can´t get off the CM.

Had to start a new one as due to the moddingway patch and/or the latest FIFA updates my career couldn´t get loaded anymore.
(Is there actually a way to do something about it? Like removing the savefile, update the game and put it back? Anyone having that problem tried that?).

Startet with Fortuna Düsseldorf in the 2nd Division, made it to the first one, transferring players which is quite a challenge as this club has very low financials, which is very fascinating though.

I wish PES could give me back that feeling. Maybe with the coming release as they said they revamped ML.

Got an offer to coach the South African team and play in the group stage of the Africa Coup.
Atmosphere and everything is so right!

Looks like we´re getting two good footy games (probably with flaws on each, hopefully copeful ones) this year again.

I don't think anyone ever answered this question but if a slider says Increase/Decrease does that imply shifting the slider to the left will increase the parameter or does it mean anything above 50 will increase the parameter? For example, marking at 55 will be tighter than 50 or looser?
Marking 55 is tighter than marking 50, yes. All depends on the slider. With pass error, the higher the slider the worse players are at passing. But with GK ability, the higher the slider the better the GKs are.

Line width is simple and does exactly what it says. But the line height and length sliders are different in that they're interdependent. Generally speaking, height dictates how far back your team will drop to defend, as well as how far they will push forward to attack. Length determines how close they'll stay together and how tight they'll play as a unit.

20 height 20 length: max defend, players stay back deep to defend, but won't push forward because they're playing as a tight unit.
20 height 80 length: med defend, med attack: back line and DMF will drop back deep, but MF and FW will stretch the pitch, and play high and push forward.
80 height 80 length: max attack, all players other than your CBs push high and you had better not use this setting unless there are 5 minutes to go and you're desperate for a goal! The CPU will definitely exploit your high back line and will continually fire long balls up to its FWs.

Another thing: line sliders don't work the same for both CPU and User. User positioning is dependant on User slider settings only. But CPU positioning is dependent on both CPU line slider settings AND User line slider settings. I can create a setup that forces both teams to push forward when they have the ball. If my team has the ball, my players push forward, and the CPU counteracts this by dropping more players back. But if the CPU has the ball, my players do not come back as deeply to defend. The line slider settings force my team to stay high, which leaves my defense open to being overrun by CPU attackers. What I then have to do is manually call my players back using the d-pad, and switch to park the bus strategy.

Last edited:

Is it for ... real ?? Official Cover ??
11696461_10153037721436795_26483176909264293_o.jpg

Worst Photoshop Fail ... like EVER !
278_45d07c722f8ef.gif

Marking 55 is tighter than marking 50, yes. All depends on the slider. With pass error, the higher the slider the worse players are at passing. But with GK ability, the higher the slider the better the GKs are.

Line width is simple and does exactly what it says. But the line height and length sliders are different in that they're interdependent. Generally speaking, height dictates how far back your team will drop to defend, as well as how far they will push forward to attack. Length determines how close they'll stay together and how tight they'll play as a unit.

20 height 20 length: max defend, players stay back deep to defend, but won't push forward because they're playing as a tight unit.
20 height 80 length: med defend, med attack: back line and DMF will drop back deep, but MF and FW will stretch the pitch, and play high and push forward.
80 height 80 length: max attack, all players other than your CBs push high and you had better not use this setting unless there are 5 minutes to go and you're desperate for a goal! The CPU will definitely exploit your high back line and will continually fire long balls up to its FWs.

Another thing: line sliders don't work the same for both CPU and User. User positioning is dependant on User slider settings only. But CPU positioning is dependent on both CPU line slider settings AND User line slider settings. I can create a setup that forces both teams to push forward when they have the ball. If my team has the ball, my players push forward, and the CPU counteracts this by dropping more players back. But if the CPU has the ball, my players do not come back as deeply to defend. The line slider settings force my team to stay high, which leaves my defense open to being overrun by CPU attackers. What I then have to do is manually call my players back using the d-pad, and switch to park the bus strategy.

Thanks for the feedback. I would rather set up some sliders and let it play out rather than adjusting during the game. I try making formation/tactical changes.

I have screenshotted my current slider settings (World Class, assisted controls, 5 min halves, Southampton in a league mode). Might need to adjust the first touch error and acceleration/sprint speed a little as these players are still a bit too perfect but if someone wants to try out the slider settings and see what they think.

http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/screenshots

Thanks for the feedback. I would rather set up some sliders and let it play out rather than adjusting during the game. I try making formation/tactical changes.
That's fine of course. But you know, people for years have complained about the tactical similarity of all teams in FIFA. Yet the in-game tools to do something about that have been available for half a decade. A couple of quick adjustments to the line sliders pre-game, and presto: CPU teams can be changed from forward-pushing attack-crazy ninjas, to park-the-bus defensive savants, to anything in-between. On the other hand, individual team formation/tactic editing options have very little if any effect on CPU tactical behaviour, other than the pressure setting.

Last edited:

That's fine of course. But you know, people for years have complained about the tactical similarity of all teams in FIFA. Yet the in-game tools to do something about that have been available for half a decade. A couple of quick adjustments to the line sliders pre-game, and presto: CPU teams can be changed from forward-pushing attack-crazy ninjas, to park-the-bus defensive savants, to anything in-between. On the other hand, individual team formation/tactic editing options have very little if any effect on CPU tactical behaviour, other than the pressure setting.

Do you have your slider settings posted anywhere mate? Would like to give them a go.

Fair enough. I have been finding a bit more difference (to an extent) in team styles. I mean it's not perfect but it's ok for playing a couple of games after a day at work.

Let me know if you try my slider settings. Am keen for someone else to try them out and see what results they get.

Do you have your slider settings posted anywhere mate? Would like to give them a go.
Sorry man, I deleted my message because it's off topic on this thread, I will try and post this and any other thoughts on the FIFA 15 thread.

I don't think they even used photoshop. Looks like MS Paint. It gives me headache just staring at it.

I actually dont see anything wrong with this cover. In fact its better than most that EA have done before.

Anyway I dont get why people fuss over game cover. The cover could be empty for all I care as long as I get a decent product!

I actually dont see anything wrong with this cover. In fact its better than most that EA have done before.

Anyway I dont get why people fuss over game cover. The cover could be empty for all I care as long as I get a decent product!
The head is a crappy copy & paste job. It's too small and the lighting doesn't match.

whats the suprise? Fifa is a copy paste, a bit upgraded job since 11 or 10, thats why all the star heads, all the stadium work in nextgen aswell

whats the suprise? Fifa is a copy paste, a bit upgraded job since 11 or 10
That's harsh, go back and play FIFA 12 for 5 minutes and then tell me FIFA 15 is just a slight upgrade. FIFA 15 plays many times better, FIFA 12 is unplayable now by comparison.

Graphics copy paste maybe, but who cares about that. It's the gameplay that counts, and it's much improved.

That's harsh, go back and play FIFA 12 for 5 minutes and then tell me FIFA 15 is just a slight upgrade. FIFA 15 plays many times better, FIFA 12 is unplayable now by comparison.

Graphics copy paste maybe, but who cares about that. It's the gameplay that counts, and it's much improved.

Exactly. Plus I think FIFA 15 is more sharper and crisper than FIFA 12.

who talks about gameplay mate? we are looking at 2 pics

My inner fanboy wants to shout "still better than PES's graphics at any point in the last five years", but man, I'd love the PES faces in FIFA.

EA SPORTS games seem to go for "close" and vaguely cartoony faces instead of photo-realism (I'm thinking of FIFA and the last PGA Tour game specifically), which I'm guessing is a decision based on so many players not having their own, realistic faces.

The realism of the faces in PES produces situations where you have an unbelievably life-like player walking onto the pitch next to the referee who looks like his face has been drawn on in comparison. It does ruin the immersion a little bit.

But even so... I'd prefer that... :(

(Also, just to point out - if anyone complained about the graphics in PES over in the PES threads, I'm pretty sure enough people would shout "it's all about the gameplay", so...)

yeah wish they would work on other aspects than player heads and models more so they would come any closer to FIFA overall

yet in FIFA these ragdoll bodies and faces that are still in the same quality like 3-4 yrs ago are a bit silly. but maybe they dont want to sacrafice a lot of already scanned faces, stadiums thats why is like that. clever idea but cant see much improvement sadly in graphics on the other hand...quantity>quality. and PES have to rebuild their graphic elements in every console generation change. well pick a side...

My inner fanboy wants to shout "still better than PES's graphics at any point in the last five years", but man, I'd love the PES faces in FIFA.

(Also, just to point out - if anyone complained about the graphics in PES over in the PES threads, I'm pretty sure enough people would shout "it's all about the gameplay", so...)
One of the first things I do every year is globally switch the playerhashighqualityhead value in the db from 1 to 0 for all players. What this does is remove all special faces, and instead assigns generic faces to all players.

Me, I'm one of those "gameplay" people. ;))

New official 2016 real world kits have introduced a new "outer ring" protection stitched into shorts so its very accurate, adds for better on the ball feel with RL players mainly for strikers.

New official 2016 real world kits have introduced a new "outer ring" protection stitched into shorts so its very accurate, adds for better on the ball feel with RL players mainly for strikers.
b277d5e4b3997f1861cc64b53f1906564c8303d9d8e37d821db02098b3551f8f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom