FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

just edited with photoshop. is it really hard for EA to make good night lighting? :RANT:

Untitled-1.jpg

Pfft. Top one is simply an overcast game during the day :COAT:

Pfft. Top one is simply an overcast game during the day :COAT:

do you play FIFA 15?
edit - the turfs are slightly edited by me. but how can you say that is day overcast if you have played fifa 15 ever?

Last edited:

do you play FIFA 15?
edit - the turfs are slightly edited by me. but how can you say that is day overcast if you have played fifa 15 ever?

I was taking the piss, hence my :COAT: emoticon.

Just looks like a gloomy day, which was my point. The lighting on yours looks much better. FIFA lighting has always been terrible.

I was taking the piss, hence my :COAT: emoticon.

Just looks like a gloomy day, which was my point. The lighting on yours looks much better. FIFA lighting has always been terrible.

sorry for misunderstanding mate. peace. :BEER:

Screenshot%20%28125%29.png

the shadow says it is a night match. its from E3 presentation. confused !!
did they really fix night lighting? other screens or footage look same as 15 !

Last edited:

You can tell it's a night match just by looking at the crowd.

You can tell it's a night match just by looking at the crowd.

it is a night match, that is sure.but i am confused by other footage where night lighting looks dark like 15. only this screen looks bright.

Where did you take that one from?.
Sometimes the source speaks for itself.

Everything looks weird in that image. All the colours are washed out. Look at the kits. It's not just the lighting.

It must have something to do with the video capture itself I guess.

Everything looks weird in that image. All the colours are washed out. Look at the kits. It's not just the lighting.

It must have something to do with the video capture itself I guess.

must be the capture. The blues are pushed towards purple. I wouldn't be judging much from that video.

They surely could do better on the lighting but that is something which isn´t important to me much.
So many games have that washed out graphics.
GTA 5 for example does have beautiful, partly photorealistic graphics but looks very pale compared to several graphic mods and sweetfx presets.
It´s unbelievable what these few datas and folders, which you just have to copy in your install folder, can do to the graphics.
I did the same with FIFA 15 and it looked a lot better.

Been playing FIFA 15 a lot the recent days and I still experience situations that haven´t happened before. And this after almost a year!

I find it very positive that they were highlighting the defending in that E3 stage demo, so I´ll give the demo a definite go!

They also seem to have toned down that goalnet bar that jumps off the ground everytime a ball hits the net.
It was a cool addition in FIFA 15 but a little too much though.
It´s a tiny lil issue though :)

Last edited:

Been playing FIFA 15 a lot the recent days and I still experience situations that haven´t happened before. And this after almost a year!
I've started playing 15 again too with tweaked sliders (the biggest change being the "slow" speed setting and further reductions to the speed and pass speed sliders), and honestly, apart from the defending (which I think is truly atrocious), the game is brilliant, in my opinion.

Playing as Liverpool against West Brom, at their ground (which is one of those graphical details that shouldn't be important but is somehow), finding it very difficult to grind out a goal, Henderson whipped a free kick into the box and Sterling, with a glancing header (which I rarely see), managed to direct the ball onto the underside of the bar and just over the line.

The feeling that gave me compares to the Pro Evo games of old. Hard work against an AI that feels "cheaty" (though the sliders help even it out), resulting in a goal.

I think this year's PES is great too, and the better game with the default settings I think (if I couldn't alter the sliders in FIFA I wouldn't play it, and I don't play it online any longer). But I'd say the potential with FIFA is huge, because so much of the game is already great. It's only the 10%-15% that's badly wrong (defending, CPU AI, team styles in general) that can spoil the rest of it.

I'm so glad that the producer is talking about overall tweaks and no big key features, and that defending is top of the list of changes. From my point of view, they couldn't be talking a better game.

I just hope it all comes together - I've not been this excited for a football game in years.

im also playing fifa 15 again and it does have that unpredictability factor, far more than PES. Although i have enjoyed PES this year its just after a few games the goals are of little variety.

Ive started a CM game as Liverpool and played a over the top through ball through to Balotelli who's shirt was pulled and down he went, penalty..This is the kind of thing you just don't get in PES. Also playing on modified sliders.

If they can sort out the defense movement so its not so chaotic the game could be brilliant - better camera options would also be great - i do like custom camera on PES where you can apply some zoom in and angle.

Yeah, I play with sliders too and thx to Matt I found the right balance between professional and worldclass now.
With vanilla sliders professional was too easy and world class too hard.

In one of my latest games I took a shot on the goal, but the ball hit the inside of the right post, took a fast spin and flew so close aside the left post which almost gave me a heart attack.
I´ve never seen that before. The ball physics are top notch there.

If only they could get rid of those partly slapstick-alike movements and have lifelike animations like in PES 2016.

Being very curious about PES (PC port) and their so called "revamped ML".

It´s good to have an alternative if PES 2016 isn´t the thing, but no matter what FIFA 16 is gonna be tested thoroughly!

I think this year's PES is great too, and the better game with the default settings I think (if I couldn't alter the sliders in FIFA I wouldn't play it, and I don't play it online any longer). But I'd say the potential with FIFA is huge, because so much of the game is already great. It's only the 10%-15% that's badly wrong (defending, CPU AI, team styles in general) that can spoil the rest of it.

I'm so glad that the producer is talking about overall tweaks and no big key features, and that defending is top of the list of changes. From my point of view, they couldn't be talking a better game.

I just hope it all comes together - I've not been this excited for a football game in years.
Great post, positive review, a nice change from the usual "FIFA sucks" and "PES is shit" diatribe around here. FIFA in fact has many more team style customization options than PES, it's quite far ahead in that regard. And yes, it takes some editing and tweaking.

1. Creating custom formations for CPU teams is one option: moving players' positions up/back/in/out in the formation has a significant effect on CPU positioning and gameplay (unlike PES).

2. Editing players' attack/defend workrates goes a long way in determining CPU attack/defend tendencies. (PES has this as well in the form of player ratings, but is not nearly as effective.)

3. Switching player assignments plays a huge role in CPU positioning and behaviour. One example: tweaking the standard LB LCB RCB RB setup to determine which defenders will join in on the attack or stay back to prevent the quick counter (see screen below). This also works with other positions in game: player positioning and team styles can be altered and greatly influenced by simply switching players' assigned positions. A CM playing in an AMF position will not push forward to the same degree as a AMF in the same position, for example. Likewise 4 DMFs playing the midfield will stay further back than CM/RM/LM players. Switching player assignments in this same way in PES has no affect at all on gameplay; this is yet another major advantage FIFA has over PES with regards to CPU team style customization.

4. And finally, sliders... Assigning custom slider settings for different teams, pre-game: line sliders, shot error, pass error, etc. Makes a huge difference in determining CPU team ability and how they play, this is where FIFA really annihilates PES in the customization dept.

For me, the issue with FIFA isn't team styles, as that can all be more or less successfully tweaked with a bit of work. The #1 problem with FIFA, the problem the game has had for a decade now, is the moronic CPU stat boost coding which, when it kicks at the start of games or at the 40 and 85 minute marks etc., totally and completely overwrites player rating values, slider settings, and all those team style edits. That's when you see third-tier CPU teams suddenly start dribbling and passing and attacking like a team of 10 Messis. I will not buy another FIFA game until EA rewrites this horrible, awful, juvenile AI coding. But given EA refuses to even admit this stat boost coding is present in the game, it looks like PES is going to be my only option for the next long while.

4_zps0780c228.jpg

Last edited:

Player ID in FIFA is light years behind PES Player ID.
Every one of your posts is about how PES 2015 is utter crap, worst game ever etc., and how PES 2106 is looking the same. So what does it matter if PES player ID is better? What's your point here?

Last edited:

The screenshot you show there shows the difference you can make with how FIFA plays, and it genuinely has a wonderful effect. I've edited a few teams here and there but, after spending a good few years editing PES to death in the PS2 days, I can't motivate myself to do en-masse editing any more. Hence why the sliders in FIFA are a blessing to me (and something that shows EA listen to the fans, I think - the issue for EA is A) understanding exactly what we're referring to half the time, and B) being heard above the sea of utter drivel that's now aimed at them on Facebook, Twitter and every possible social media method).

I've had more hours of entertainment from this year's FIFA than ever before, and (happily), more hours of online entertainment with PES (which I think is pretty great besides the lag).

The games I've had against the AI on the hardest difficulty (after crippling them slightly with slider tweaks) have been hugely entertaining, with my only real issue being the AI's refusal to shoot until it is 100% guaranteed to score (passing around in the final third for 10 minutes at a time), and my inability to stop them because of the pretty crap defending system (as soon as I get within an inch of the ball, which I find impossibly difficult and unrealistic, it's passed away from me anyway).

For me, if EA play fiddle with the AI and "fix" the defending, I'm happy with the remaining faults - whereas PES has much more to do overall, despite playing the better game of football "out of the box" and the MUCH better game online.

Player ID in FIFA is light years behind PES Player ID.

Doesn´t feel like that to me at all.
At least not in FIFA 15.

Been playing about 5 - 6 seasons CM and I feel differences between players indeed.

Players with lower physic stats get pushed away easier than players with a higher one.
Players with lower kicking power don´t shoot as strong as players with a higher one.
Players with higher speed stats are definitely faster than players with lower ones.
Strong and weak foot make a difference either.
Players with a higher stamina don´t need to get subbed that quick.
And so on and so on.

Thx god, it doesn´t feel all the same to me and I don´t think it´s placebo :)

The screenshot you show there shows the difference you can make with how FIFA plays, and it genuinely has a wonderful effect. I've edited a few teams here and there but, after spending a good few years editing PES to death in the PS2 days, I can't motivate myself to do en-masse editing any more.
I hear you, I've been editing PC sports games since the late 1980s and I don't edit near as much as I used to. What I do now is play exhibition games for a few weeks while I slowly edit 1-2 leagues. Then I play single seasons with those edited leagues, no career mode.

here it is
That no touch stuff looks impressive. Now... is there a way to slow FIFA down to slo-mo speed like that, in order to make no touch dribbling useful when playing actual games?

Back
Top Bottom