FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

just edited with photoshop. is it really hard for EA to make good night lighting? :RANT:

Untitled-1.jpg

I just want team individuality. Something PES and FIFA have never mastered.

Single player modes badly need this. I wish they'd just make the custom tactics actually have some significant effect on how the teams play. The replay value of the game could be increased dramatically if you felt that you were playing against a variety of opponents. I don't know how anyone can play entire seasons against the cpu when it feels like playing the same team over and over.

And give us a speed setting that actually slows the game down to something resembling realism.

I have insider news that nothing has changed, but EA have been working hard to make sure there are more bugs.

More bugs? So that's what they spend their time doing.

I just want team individuality. Something PES and FIFA have never mastered.
I also want CPU to make relevant subs. So if winning 1-0 away from home they take off forward and go 5-4-1 for last 10 mins. Not take forward off for a forward or winger.

I highly doubt we are going to see team individuality this year. They would have announced it because every single changes to the game they made is a major new feature for them.

just edited with photoshop. is it really hard for EA to make good night lighting? :RANT:

Untitled-1.jpg

And it's particularly frustrating after watching a real champions league game and you want to replicate it on Fifa. As if it wasn't enough that champions league is not license, we also have to play our night matches in this horrible, dull, dark looking lighting conditions. I never play any game in the night nor rain because of this!

The edited pic you did is spot on

I even have a great idea for team individuality. They loose so much time with meanless details, I´m sure they could use it to implement such idea. Team mentality should be relative to current coach on the team. Each coach has a preferred sytle. they could create 5 or 6 styles, just for starters... Along the seasons, coach changes in each club should result in team sytle changes too. Its pretty basic, just imagine a team custom tactic as a specific coach, and that´s it.

I would accept Fifa 16 even if all they did was improve night lighting, rain and make game speed slower!

I even have a great idea for team individuality. They loose so much time with meanless details, I´m sure they could use it to implement such idea. Team mentality should be relative to current coach on the team. Each coach has a preferred sytle. they could create 5 or 6 styles, just for starters... Along the seasons, coach changes in each club should result in team sytle changes too. Its pretty basic, just imagine a team custom tactic as a specific coach, and that´s it.

Exactly. I got bored playing FIFA 15 pretty quickly against the CPU because every goddamn team plays the same. They just don't care about single-player.

I would accept Fifa 16 even if all they did was improve night lighting, rain and make game speed slower!

I would accept Fifa if night lighting, rain, speed were all the same as long as they improved career mode...

I would accept Fifa if night lighting, rain, speed were all the same as long as they improved career mode...

Just goes how little we expect of EA at this time, and they go and spend 2 years+ of development time and resources modelling women! :RANT::RANT:

Can u imagine rutter's face after KONAMI gave up PC in its entirety to EA?

What I have realised as well is its not like they don't know these things.. Like net shapes that are totally wrong. They just don't care!

yes, they don't care. they know people will buy it.

yes, they don't care. they know people will buy it.
I still wonder how they justify using resources on the womens game or feature or watever they call it that no one asked for instead of working on the many aspects of the game that need improvement like career mode!

I still wonder how they justify using resources on the womens game or feature or watever they call it that no one asked for instead of working on the many aspects of the game that need improvement like career mode!
Because it looks great on their part to a wider range of people than us hardcore fans who know what's broken - and, I wonder how much FIFA themselves pushed for it because the FIFA Women's World Cup is going on this year, and FIFA have been battered for being sexist etc. for a while now.

You should send this to Rutter.

Great and realistic lighting.

Let's spam this to Rutter, Rob Hodson, EASPORTSFIFA, etc, until it gets noticed. Then, maybe there will be hope for FIFA17's lighting.

Because it looks great on their part to a wider range of people than us hardcore fans who know what's broken - and, I wonder how much FIFA themselves pushed for it because the FIFA Women's World Cup is going on this year, and FIFA have been battered for being sexist etc. for a while now.

57587858.jpg

:SMUG:

I can't imagine politics comes into play with a corporation like EA; with them it's all about the bottom line and that's it. Including women in the game makes the product attractive to female gamers. Plus it provides EA with another opportunity to peddle DLC.

I can't imagine politics comes into play with a corporation like EA; with them it's all about the bottom line and that's it. Including women in the game makes the product attractive to female gamers. Plus it provides EA with another opportunity to peddle DLC.
I don't imagine there's a large percentage of the audience who have been waiting for (or will use) the female teams (even if it's absolutely right that they're added), and as for "peddling DLC", the only DLC for FIFA is Ultimate Team points isn't it? No extra teams or anything like that (and how would the sales figures of FUT points compare to women's football DLC anyway, you can't compare what are essentially "cheat points" to a new team or two, nobody would buy it in comparison).

I think there's a few reasons why it's happened - maybe because (as the producer has admitted) there are no new gameplay features that you can put on the back of the box for your average Joe to find exciting, so they've asked the assets guys etc. to add women's football as this year's big press announcement (what sounds more impressive - and will land on more websites - a new and never-before-included competition and players with a whole new play style that brings gender equality to the game, or "tweaked defending").

But realistically it's probably just general evolution. EA talk about having plans for FIFA games that span years, and they implement what they feel is most important (or exciting) each year. This is the year of the FIFA Women's World Cup, so maybe "women's football" was added to the plan at some point in the last four years, and someone said "we'll add it in for the next Women's World Cup and we can tie in the PR somehow".

Which I've only just thought of, actually, and makes the most sense of all...

Let's spam this to Rutter, Rob Hodson, EASPORTSFIFA, etc, until it gets noticed. Then, maybe there will be hope for FIFA17's lighting.

i already posted it many times. no hope if they do not want to change themselves !

... or, maybe this finally happened because it's about time. Just like it's about time that women were treated equal to men in ALL walks of life. Some of you in here sound like closed-minded nuckle-dragging right wingers who really need to open your minds and evolve.

This women /men argument is boring me to tears , it has nothing to do with gender it's a useless mode that is not required until the gameplay is sorted and resembles football, I'd have the same opinion if it was a five a side mode or if they had bought champions league licence..I will guarantee it will poorly implemented...I think I've read that men teams can't play female teams ? Is that because the stats are all messed up and England women's team would give men's Brazil's first eleven a game ? Probably

How long do you guys think it has taken to make several women leagues and some faces of the famous women players?
IMO it's taken around three or four months at most even for amateur modding group.
However EA are the professional. I don't think EA have spent so much time in doing that even if not considering EA's enormous money and resources.
Please stop fecking ridiculous attributing the low growth of new FIFA to the birth of the women teams.
Remember that the issues you guys have wanted to be fixed have always been ignored by EA year in year out even when there's no think about the women teams.

I will guarantee it will poorly implemented...I think I've read that men teams can't play female teams ? Is that because the stats are all messed up and England women's team would give men's Brazil's first eleven a game ? Probably
That is correct, EA stated only women on women action! EA also stated they created some new ratings system for the women. They obviously can't use the current rating system, the worst men's players in the game are rated in the 40s overall. Meaning no woman player in the game would be rated above 30 overall.

How long do you guys think it has taken to make several women leagues and some faces of the famous women players?
IMO it's taken around three or four months at most even for amateur modding group.
However EA are the professional. I don't think EA have spent so much time in doing that even if not considering EA's enormous money and resources.
Please stop fecking ridiculous attributing the low growth of new FIFA to the birth of the women teams.
Remember that the issues you guys have wanted to be fixed have always been ignored by EA year in year out even when there's no think about the women teams.

Agreed!

I don´t think that feature is to be blamed for other issues not being sorted out.
As a matter of fact, I was wondering when women football will be present in footy games.
I think it´s a good move, might attract some more people (football interested teenie girls or whatever) and definitely helps EA´s PR.

Some people said "No one wanted that! No one´s gonna play that! Women football is crap! NO one watches it, what a waste ! etc etc".

But I think that this might be growing slowly.
A few years ago I didn´t even know there were women world cups going on and now they are broadcasted on TV on popular channels at prime time (in Germany at least).

Even watched a few matches out of boredom and some were really good.
The japanese team for example is fun to watch.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom