FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

On PS4 using my same sliders I found it tougher against the AI. Also thought it felt slightly slower and the ball slightly heavier ..could be a placebo but the three games I had seemed as though the pace had reduced ..I enjoyed it

Somewhat off topic, but man. Just had 15 mins and fancied a game - first in about a month.

Click the icon.
Oh, Origin has to update. K. 4 mins. Updates.
Oh Origin has signed me out. K. Sign in.
Oh Origin needs to verify me, sent me an email. Wait 2 mins for the email. Enter code.
Origin asks me to install some other security thing, tell it to go away.
Alright, here we go FIFA. Oh no, wait FIFA update. 250mb. 10 mins to download.

And there went my moment to play. Good times.

Anyone miss blowing on a f*cking cartridge?

Does anyone have a problem with seeing the redeemed items in the catalogue such as boots? I have purchased them but they are not available when i want to edit my player..

Why are teams not using their best players when playing a tournament? United are using players like Romero, Powell, etc. It has nothing to do with injuries. Can this be tweaked on PC? When I'm playing a league, I want to play against the best teams possible.

Why are teams not using their best players when playing a tournament? United are using players like Romero, Powell, etc. It has nothing to do with injuries. Can this be tweaked on PC? When I'm playing a league, I want to play against the best teams possible.
I've started seeing this in my career mode - really weird playing against United in an important league game and seeing one of their youth players on the wing...

Somewhat off topic, but man. Just had 15 mins and fancied a game - first in about a month.

Click the icon.
Oh, Origin has to update. K. 4 mins. Updates.
Oh Origin has signed me out. K. Sign in.
Oh Origin needs to verify me, sent me an email. Wait 2 mins for the email. Enter code.
Origin asks me to install some other security thing, tell it to go away.
Alright, here we go FIFA. Oh no, wait FIFA update. 250mb. 10 mins to download.

And there went my moment to play. Good times.

Anyone miss blowing on a f*cking cartridge?

Haha, yeah.

Exactly my thoughts a few days ago.

And that´s when I missed the Atari 2600 as well.
Just stick in the cartridge and play :P

just played two games. im enjoying it very much so far but...

Arsenal (cpu) - Everton
possession 69 - 31
Barca (cpu) - AtmMadrid
possession 45 - 55

ummm? i mean tactics and team level shouldnt matter when it comes to the other teams tactic, so if ATMA is better than Everton, even then Barca could play better possession game...wich they do in real life? just take the game against Roma

is it some anomaly or their tactis been set up different to possession this year?

gotta play against Barca more to see whats going on

While I'm loving the game with my own sliders and the dynamic camera.

(Fond memories of Emlyn Hughes International Soccer and ISS Pro Evo 2 etc being the reason I use that camera.)

But not being a PC gamer, the only downer is the way certain stadiums change the dynamic camera, either being too zoomed in or too high.
White Hart Lane and San Siro being two prime examples. (I'm a Spurs fan as well!)
It's not a problem when I play friendly games as you can choose the stadium, but it spoils other game modes.

Last edited:

(Fond memories of Emlyn Hughes International Soccer and ISS Pro Evo 2 etc being the reason I use that camera.)

But not being a PC gamer, the only downer is the way certain stadiums change the dynamic camera, either being too zoomed in or too high.
White Hart Lane and San Siro being two prime examples. (I'm a Spurs fan as well!)
It's not a problem when I play friendly games as you can choose the stadium, but it spoils other game modes.

I'm exactly the same it needs more customisation , Pes custom cameras are superb..the dynamic v2 used to be great but they binned it

Man i loved Emlyn Hughes IS it was a great looking game.

Im having a blast with career mode, just started it with City for the first time ever, im really struggling to get good results as a top team should get, with my own sliders its a joy.

my only gripes about the game:

- that jogging animation is still in the game
- sometimes no one wants to go for the loose ball

then another, and the big one this amount of cheating by the cpu is horrendous. super pressing, super passing, super defending out of nowhere even on world class, even with a crap team. is this called momentum?

then another, and the big one this amount of cheating by the cpu is horrendous. super pressing, super passing, super defending out of nowhere even on world class, even with a crap team. is this called momentum?
I've always found there's less of that on Legendary (and a few people on the official EA forums - which admittedly are largely ran, and contributed to, by children - think that World Class and Legendary might actually be "the wrong way around").

I tried to make a set of sliders that made professional challenging without involving the supermen that appear on World Class and Legendary, but couldn't quite manage it.

Agree. Legendary in general harder...today i switched to wc to see maybe the cpu plays more human like but instead it shoots less & i felt cheated 3/3 games.

but i can run trough the pitch on that difficulty :S defence is not aggressive enough and not tight enough on the cpu's side

you can reduce your acceleration compared to the AI's that can help prevent you running through defence easily. However legendary is the best mode for me, just teak the sliders to make it an even game. AI pass reduced, pass error raised, first touch raised and shot error raised. I feel I have a balanced game and dont feel cheated when i lose

you can reduce your acceleration compared to the AI's that can help prevent you running through defence easily. However legendary is the best mode for me, just teak the sliders to make it an even game. AI pass reduced, pass error raised, first touch raised and shot error raised. I feel I have a balanced game and dont feel cheated when i lose

how much have you reduced and raised the settings you mentioned?

I only play Seasons and I'm actually enjoying the game quite a lot. Except 1 issues in the game driving me fokin' mad. That's the game cheating to steal my hard earned goals and points.

If you pass the ball in from the side of the box towards the middle of the box, or if the goalie deflects a shot into the box...Basically any situation where you end up with a 100% sitter in the 6 yard box. No matter the situation, the player, or what command you give to your player, the game makes sure you f*** up the chance.

I've had Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud, Walcott hit the ball out from right in front of the goal, or needlessly delaying the shot or trying to needlessly control the ball instead of just tapping the freaking thing in.

The game has clearly scripted it in where cut in passes and goalie deflections are nearly always misses.

I don't care if the EA Sports developers thought that would make the game more fun or whatever. It's my goals being stolen. I just lost a promotion to Divison 3 on the last game of the season cuz of this crap. :( Yes I am salty.

I've found the right balance with the sliders after all on legendary. just finished my first season in CM with M.City. Despite being 4th City was the best defending team, havent got defeated since february, Hart was the player of the tournament, Agüero scored 16 goals with that finished 2nd on the scoring chart. Also Iheanacho is a beast, he scored 7 goals in his 16 games after i bought Vardy who didnt manage to prove his skills

Back
Top Bottom