FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

i sold mine on ebay a few weeks ago.
On sat the guy who bought it contacted me to say he'd like to return it. Why? He dont like it!
what a twat. i said, tough shit. I bought it, didnt like it and sold on ebay. Now you will have to do the same!!

I´m still enjoying this a lot.

I´m with 1860 Munich in the second half of the 1st season.

The CM is more or less the same as last year which isn´t a problem for me, as I enjoyed it last year already.
But with the toned down pace and this years gameplay, this is even more fun.

Had that striker named Okotie with a 70 rating in my team. He´s strong but not agile at all and quite slow. Hardly could score with him and then the news came on saying "what happened to Okotie? He didn´t score in the last 5 games".
I wanted to end that and put him as a starter in the team but couldn´t make it happen. Hit the post with him and mostly he couldn´t take a shot at all.

As the starter striker was injured for 6 weeks I had to use Okotie, but when I realised that this guy has this bad form I took one of my bench warmers named Hain (66 rating) and gave him a chance.
I took Okotie out in the 75th minute and gace Hain a chance and Boom!
Scored two goals with him.
It feels like this guy was waiting for his chance...he shows a much better form and in the following games he showed good effort.

At the end of it I sold Okotie.
There´s probably some scripting going on, as I couldn´t score with him.
But I´m ok with that. It adds some nice touch and forces you to take action on your team.
Actually I did score with him, he took a lucky shot when the keeper parried the first one, but then my comp crashed and therefore I can´t say what would have happened in the following games...lol.

Where scripting annoys me is, when for example passing doesn´t work on purpose.
I had the situation when I was leading 2:0 and the comp equalized to 2:2 in two stupid situations.

First one was when the ball was on my right winger and I saw my striker in a good position in front of the box. I held down L1 and pushed triangle down very hard (lofted through ball) but instead I took a long pass in the center, the pass was very short and came to the CM who was like 5 meters away from my winger.
The CPU took it, attacked and scored.
The second one was that the comp was attacking and running towards my half.
He pushed the ball a bit too hard off his feet.
I had my wing defender there who could have taken it.

But somehow I couldn´t select him, the cursor went straight to the CB who was standing in the box.
On this attack the comp scored and equalized.
It pissed me off but as it doesn´t seem to happen that often on singleplayer I´m okay.

It happens a lot on online games though. Also what bugs me is, that penalties happen way too often there.
I don´t even press any button and try to block the attackers direction by moving the left stick.
But even then, when the striker falls the ref calls a foul.

These two things annoy me a bit but most of the time, I really enjoy it.

I think this year player instructions work better than I've ever seen..I was struggling getting my team down the wings to supply Benteke. .switchEd my Fullbacks to overlap and suddenly Cylne is there flying past ferminho on right midfield ..superb

FIFA 19 first look:

QQerVI6.jpg

Greatest football game ever made. I might passionately defend that statement some other time, for now I just want to spit out the little (and the somewhat bigger) annoyances out that i have with the game. Here they are:

- It doesn't automatically select the winter ball when playing in the snow.
- The radar dots should have a minimal amount of contrast (eg no green and blue).
- One touch passes on full manual feel a bit unnatural and quite often give unexpected results (could be me).
- It can be too easy to just dribble past a opponent without really doing something, not even running (at least on professional), especially on the sidelines.
- Cutting inside from the sidelines is still too easy.
- Sometimes defenders are one ice inside the 16m, the should hold their ground more and make smarter choices as to when to cover the goal and when to go for the ball.
- Control-wiss i think the trick stick should be changed with no touch dribbling and L2(?)+R3 should control tricks. This would make tricks a bit more difficult and no touch control easier and more natural. Also, it would be nice to play with the timing between L3 and R3 so that a (less technical) player risks falling down when using them too quickly after each other.
- I think individuality stats-wise is pretty good and not exaggerated but it can be more pronounced on a superficial level like posture, running animations, weight / height, emotions etc.
- Camera movement should be smoothened out, it now follows the track of the ball too strict accentuating the rigidness of some (passing) animations.
- Animations should flow even more into each other, this is improved every year i hope they continue their efforts in this department.
- First touch animations are sometimes a bit off and your player seems to be locked for a second.
- Manager mode is a tad boring. Training should be automated more, i don't want to press 'simulate'every week and why can i only make 5 players better? Same goes for scouting, i don't need to contract a scout.. i am just the trainer. Just let me choose what player i want and then give me 4 options to buy every month. Drop the whole 'follow this player' etc. nonsense.
- Commentary. No explanation needed. More intelligent contextual lines, less repetition.
- Sound. I remember a WE version where the public would slowly start to make more sound the closer you get to goal, it really added to the anticipation. In fifa it can be deadly silent until the shot is actually fired, then all the sudden everyone wakes up, including the commentator.
- Field should have more bumps, puddles, etc that make the ball bobble around a bit, more so in small stadia.

I'm running a modded FIFA 16 on PC, and currently I am having probably the most fun with a soccer game in a long time. The mods have finally managed to take the proportions and turn them into a quite realistic direction, with an unpredictable and looser feel to all aspects. Felt like uploading a video for illustration purposes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5PZsDaGXmA

Only changed sliders and using a cl.ini file, with some tweaks from myself. No more erratic movement, and everything feels more properly weighted and structured to me. The gameplay now spotlights trapping, turning and other things as important parts of a successful match. Speed and tricks have been downplayed quite a bit.

EDIT: View video on youtube for 60fps.

I'm running a modded FIFA 16 on PC, and currently I am having probably the most fun with a soccer game in a long time. The mods have finally managed to take the proportions and turn them into a quite realistic direction, with an unpredictable and looser feel to all aspects. Felt like uploading a video for illustration purposes:

Only changed sliders and using a cl.ini file, with some tweaks from myself. No more erratic movement, and everything feels more properly weighted and structured to me. The gameplay now spotlights trapping, turning and other things as important parts of a successful match. Speed and tricks have been downplayed quite a bit.

That looks fantastic. Mind sharing your cl.ini file and your sliders?

That looks fantastic. Mind sharing your cl.ini file and your sliders?

Here is the cl.ini file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxiuipvqHnItUlVKWkVUR1FiVkk/view?usp=sharing

Sliders is in the Youtube info description. All sliders other than mentioned are at default 50.

I've only changed a few parameters from the original cl.ini file from Fidel at Soccergaming forums. Credit to him for the file as a whole is probably warranted. One can probably easily reference his original 1.2 file to see what I changed. :)

Really, the game seems more natural, less odd now, thanks :APPLAUD:

After my joy of player instructions working with fullback overlap my advice would be to avoid this tactic , I'm now in bottom 3 of premier league due to the AI battering me on the counter :) 5 straight defeats

Here is the cl.ini file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxiuipvqHnItUlVKWkVUR1FiVkk/view?usp=sharing

Sliders is in the Youtube info description. All sliders other than mentioned are at default 50.

I've only changed a few parameters from the original cl.ini file from Fidel at Soccergaming forums. Credit to him for the file as a whole is probably warranted. One can probably easily reference his original 1.2 file to see what I changed. :)

Where i must put that cl.ini fila?? In witch folder

Where i must put that cl.ini fila?? In witch folder

You place it in the main FIFA16 install folder. It's the same folder which has other folders like "Core", "Data", "fifasetup", and which also houses the main fifa16.exe file.

Like so: http://i.imgur.com/KgHTtnM.png

For some reason the game uses this file, when named cl.ini and placed in this folder, as an additional reference table when starting it, and data strings in this file can override default values.

There is a cl.ini already if You use a patch.Sorry for O.T. but thread is dead some days and not worth shifting posts about.

Looks really fine. The only thing I don´t like is the camera panning.
It´s too quick at times...looks weird.
I remember having that in FIFA 15, but didn´t know how to solve it.

I´m having a lot of fun with the CM, playing with vanilla sliders still.

But online FUT starts to annoy me.
The better your team gets and the more you climb up in the league the more ugly the matches become.

Mostly when I lead like 1:0 or 2:0, the opponent seems to get a boost and some users use that by running through my defense and score.
I was hoping that in FIFA 16 this won´t happen anymore as thy said they reworked the defense and because of the toned down pace.

But no, still present which is a pity as online and FUT can be really fun.

Well I´ll stick to offline gaming...

PC got an update yesterday, not sure if it's out for consoles yet, but the gameplay changes are showing promise:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/115937/fifa-16-title-update-4-pc?sf42857060=1#latest

This update includes the following items in FIFA Ultimate Team:
The ability to quickly change price values when listing items on the transfer market.
Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches.
Added the ability to search your club items by Nationality.

This update includes the following improvements to gameplay:
Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
Improved pass receiver selection.
Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.

My raw impressions, streamed last night twitch.tv/matt10l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuNJaukLgy0

Matt, do you use any edited CL files etc. or is that gameplay based on sliders etc.?

That was pretty much all default (pass error 55, injury freq 66, severity 40) - eventually I tested the GK and shot speed (backward save animation annoys me).

I'm uploading my 1st stream as well that used all default.

What difficulty was that original video you uploaded set to?

I was interested to see that the opposition lost possession in their own half a few times (barely ever happens to me without slowing the pass speed RIGHT down)...

What difficulty was that original video you uploaded set to?

I was interested to see that the opposition lost possession in their own half a few times (barely ever happens to me without slowing the pass speed RIGHT down)...

It was on World Class. Pass error was at 55.

I think Run Frequency could be the value to look at as it seems they are still clicky for more than I would like. Still it's a solid update from a gameplay perspective.

I'm streaming right now as well:

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

Having a blast with this game so far. Mind you the last time I had a Fifa game was 09 so a lot of stuff in the game is new to me. Thoroughly enjoying career mode, ultimate team and online play. One thing that is frustrating me is defense. Tackling seems under-powered..tackling radius too small. I played one kid online who just dribbled in on me from the corner flag. Maybe I just suck. Anyone have tips on defending?

Back
Top Bottom