FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I got it too but haven't played yet.

What are the changes anyway?

Is it safe to start a serious Career Mode now? I've been waiting for this patch before doing so in case there are any bugs, etc.

I'm not sure, the problem is I was trying to get fifa working with remote play and onto google cardboard to see what vr was like and had to use default sliders. Then couple days later went back to my custom sliders with the new patch. The game felt more balanced that's for sure and the AI seemed more varied in attack. Maybe others can give their opinion

Played my first FIFA 16 Pro Clubs yesterday, just drop-ins. Every time I play Clubs, even when it's with a bunch of clowns going on hero runs or dribbling, I really enjoy being the one guy who plays in midfield, holds position sensibly, shuts people down and spreads the ball well.

For the past 5 years or so I've felt like Clubs is the one mode which should be the future of football games. I'd join a club but I wouldn't be reliably online unless it was during the week, and I worry that using mics and shouting instructions at each other is a bit of a waste of life. I'd probably make an exception for a manual club though (as long as they play during the week).

Anyone on clubs with any opinions about the mode this year?

[...]and I worry that using mics and shouting instructions at each other is a bit of a waste of life.
:LOL: So true!

Like you, I've only played drop-ins, but honestly I've not enjoyed it because (obviously) nobody plays in their role properly.

I'd like to join a club but I don't think I can take the pressure of being unbelievably shit despite playing the game all year round.

I was enjoying my Be A Pro game though (until Fallout came along).

Anyone notice any changes to gameplay since the latest patch? Saw on Reddit some folks saying they thought the CPU played a little differently but I haven't had much time to test for myself. Figured that as usual it's just Placebo up to his dirty tricks again but you never know...

Anyone notice any changes to gameplay since the latest patch? Saw on Reddit some folks saying they thought the CPU played a little differently but I haven't had much time to test for myself. Figured that as usual it's just Placebo up to his dirty tricks again but you never know...
I went into it assuming there were no gameplay changes, and that's what I've found.

Can you point me to the thread you're talking about? I'd like to keep an eye out...

I went into it assuming there were no gameplay changes, and that's what I've found.

Can you point me to the thread you're talking about? I'd like to keep an eye out...

Let me see but not sure that I can track it down but it was just a few dudes saying they thought the CPU was playing with more variety in attack while AI teammates were a bit more active helping in defense.

Sounds like the typical placebo B.S. and probably not worth spending time trying to figure out as it can drive the mind crazy, but I'm ever the wishful thinker with this game.

Sounds like the typical placebo B.S. and probably not worth spending time trying to figure out as it can drive the mind crazy, but I'm ever the wishful thinker with this game.
Yeah, ditto. "So close but - no, just so close" would be my review of the game at this point. Still honestly love it, but you can't help thinking "just a few more tweaks EA, come on, give it to us"...

How can it be a placebo? It's a fact I've never seen the AI be this aggressive, fouls are also more balanced now ..I was seeing a penalty sometimes 3 a game now only had one in 9. Anyway I'm not too concerned about weather people think it's a placebo or not feels improved to me

does the AI shoot from distance very often ?.
thanks

Yes , lots . And not always on target I've just played a pre season against roma in first half two shots outside area saved by goalie one tipped over the bar and one skied high and wide..the AI variation is superb..that and fouls/collisions made we switch back from pes..if only fifa had same camera adjustments

Yes , lots . And not always on target I've just played a pre season against roma in first half two shots outside area saved by goalie one tipped over the bar and one skied high and wide..the AI variation is superb..that and fouls/collisions made we switch back from pes..if only fifa had same camera adjustments

good to hear, thanks, still not sure if I should get the game, been disappointed the last couple of years.

Played today for the first time since the update, hope it's not a placebo effect but it definitely feels different, only had a few games but just don't seem to get those spells where you know the AI is going to score and any goals I have conceded have come from my mistakes, feels like I can actually defend well now and it's not just down to the AI not taking it's chances.

Will probably be back on tomorrow saying it's all in my head and the AI is shite again :D

Played today for the first time since the update, hope it's not a placebo effect but it definitely feels different, only had a few games but just don't seem to get those spells where you know the AI is going to score and any goals I have conceded have come from my mistakes, feels like I can actually defend well now and it's not just down to the AI not taking it's chances.

Will probably be back on tomorrow saying it's all in my head and the AI is shite again :D

The AI is not shite by any means , I've just started a new career mode with Liverpool by stoke away in first game 1 nil..luck goal from me free kick off the post then origi gets there first to put it in roof of net..looked very real..2nd game lost 4-3 to Bournemouth at home ..never once felt cheated and the AI was really varied

any of you who play this on legendary like me and are actually enjoying are sadastic as fuck I am sitting in 4th place in serie b but cant say i have found the game enjoyable its a slog

the AI are over powered to the point of stupidity no amount of slider adjusting fixes it i even put both gks down to 25 and still when im losing games its always 1-0 and their goalkeeper getting a 9.0 the way the AI intercept the ball track back is crazy like they are on steroids in fact theres no point me going on as ppl will claim in bashing the game I want to enjoy it but its almost impossible when your fighting your own players to do something and they do the total opposite even winning games feels crap since every goals the same trying to beat either 10 defenders or their fullbacks even with sliders/tactics adjusted go missing so you pass wide run in score or a 66 rated gk pulls of a better save than gordon banks vs pele

I'm on legendary and have dropped the GK to 2..I'm having some great games. .still see some wondrous saves but mistakes too ..in 3 games I've scored 6 goals

2 sounds real drastic i will give it a try

i guess it doesnt help im using serie b players but inr egards to player runs i just tried out my fifa 15 pc install and my strikers make runs between the CB but on 16 they run wide? i think its EA's way of making you take a longer route to goal giving the AI more time to recover

they really put in some BS stuff to increase the difficulty i mean its not that they have improved the AI ten fold more over they have nerfed your play making the most simple tasks take longer and more likely to error which ends up with just a slog the tag was play beautiful oh really? is beautiful playing vs 10 man defence and superman in goal?

Back
Top Bottom