FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

If same situation happened to me I'd just sign a free contract GK on a 1 year contract, there's usually someone fairly decent available in the high 60s. TBH though I never, ever keep more than 1 keeper in my squad, I have a young one who's always out on loan but I only keep him around as he plays for us in real life and is a Wednesday fan :)

Last edited:
True, if you have a tight budget you could even sell all but one gk. That would also free one place on the bench. I like to have 3 for realism (one on the bench +reserve).
Problem is that in fifas gks never ever get injured or tired and very rarely get a red card (I never had a carded gk).

Last edited:
Haven't played much yet but the FIRST difference I noticed in Player Career Mode this year compared to previous versions is that you can now request a LOB pass (cross)! Previously you could only request a pass via short pass button or the through ball button. Of course teammates still used to cross the ball to you if distance was big (far) and they were on the wing, let's say... but there was no way to ask for a lofted ball.

But this year, there are 3 different ways to request the ball. Short pass, Lob pass and Through Ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the only real change in Player Career Mode.
Aha,ok.
That's a shame,thought they would update the bad things.
Doesn't affect me cause I controll the whole team when I play.
Thanx anyway mate

trying to get into this game but its boring me to death im playing on legendary problems i have with the game

AI stick 10 men behind the ball even when its 0-0 every team in serie B defend as if they are 1-0 up in the champions league final 90th minute

theres no risk no space plus they are insane at catching you up and interceptions of your passes to the point of stupidity

AI are lame in attack i have conceded 6 goals in 19 games 2 were pens

my strikers despite putting them on stay central moving them more center ect ect make their runs wide theres no space in the center leading to the same goals run wide cut in or fake shot then shoot

AI defence will do things like sudden 180 turns at amazing speed so you cannot disposses them if they make a mistake is there any point trying to pressure them to make a bad pass if they can do this?

keepers even with sliders at 30 pull off insane saves some even catch the ball as if claiming a cross if you rocket it top corner from 6 yards

my results have been 1-0 wins 0-0 draws its basically me trying to break a wall of 10 players in the box every game wheres the fun in that? why do the devs think thats ok to do every game? ok now and then sure great it happens in real football but not every sodding game? im top of the league but having no enjoyment at all having 13 shots to AI 2 on the hardest level default sliders and only winning 1-0 or drawing I even played AC Milan in the cup lost 1-0 they scored and defended with 10 men vs a serie b team at home..joke

theres just no personality to this game no individual difference sure some turn quicker pass better but everythings linear its a shame its a very good package very professional looking but they have gone way over the top with AI defending too much

what a bad year for football games pes has great ideas but is made by chimps and fifa hates goals or end to end games or excitment just tap tap dribbling 300 passes

Last edited:
trying to get into this game but its boring me to death im playing on legendary problems i have with the game

AI stick 10 men behind the ball even when its 0-0 every team in serie B defend as if they are 1-0 up in the champions league final 90th minute

theres no risk no space plus they are insane at catching you up and interceptions of your passes to the point of stupidity

AI are lame in attack i have conceded 6 goals in 19 games 2 were pens

my strikers despite putting them on stay central moving them more center ect ect make their runs wide theres no space in the center leading to the same goals run wide cut in or fake shot then shoot

AI defence will do things like sudden 180 turns at amazing speed so you cannot disposses them if they make a mistake is there any point trying to pressure them to make a bad pass if they can do this?

keepers even with sliders at 30 pull off insane saves some even catch the ball as if claiming a cross if you rocket it top corner from 6 yards

my results have been 1-0 wins 0-0 draws its basically me trying to break a wall of 10 players in the box every game wheres the fun in that? why do the devs think thats ok to do every game? ok now and then sure great it happens in real football but not every sodding game? im top of the league but having no enjoyment at all having 13 shots to AI 2 on the hardest level default sliders and only winning 1-0 or drawing I even played AC Milan in the cup lost 1-0 they scored and defended with 10 men vs a serie b team at home..joke

theres just no personality to this game no individual difference sure some turn quicker pass better but everythings linear its a shame its a very good package very professional looking but they have gone way over the top with AI defending too much

what a bad year for football games pes has great ideas but is made by chimps and fifa hates goals or end to end games or excitment just tap tap dribbling 300 passes

Although I dont see the game as negative as you do I do see quite a few improvement areas. That being said it is certainly the best football game to date as a full package.
People have a simple decision today either don't play this years version of either game or choose the one with the issues that cause you minimum frustration.

PES has no fouls, no AI shooting variation and the keepers are on the opposite end of the spectrum to FIFA to a point where at times they are useless.

Personal preference at the end of the day

i cannot fault fifa for the whole package you would struggle to find a better football game as a whole in the past but the gameplay (in my opinion) doesnt vary enough the games are very repetitive and such a struggle not in the sense im holding on more im dominating and getting no reward i guess I will have to download a gameplay mod or something since pes is a no go for me right now i did a season or 2 on ML and had great fun but the flaws because too much after a while

Looked at various teams tactic some real stupid set ups all at 25 to 35 high pressure fullbacks set to always overlap and not balanced in general plus lf and rf set to defensive hopefully fixing these will unlock the park the bus issues and unlock the ais attacking ability

I dont see an issue with higher defence lines and width as pace is almost nerfed

New patch 1.03 is out for PC, PS4 and XB1 will follow.

Among the other things, it's supposed to add some new faces and 3rd kits to some Nike teams like Roma. In the changelog there's nothing regarding gameplay though:
The third title update for FIFA 16 is now available for PC. The title update will be available for PS4/XB1 at a later date.

This update includes new content:

Star heads for some players, many of which are from the newly promoted Barclays Premier League teams this season.
New third kits have been added for Roma, Barcelona, and Inter Milan.

This update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items identified by the community and the FIFA Live Service team:

Improvements to online matchmaking.
One instance of a team celebrating a goal at the wrong moment.
An exploit to win/loss record in FIFA Online Seasons.
Correct country flags appearing in FIFA Pro Clubs.
One instance of Pro Club accomplishments resetting for a small number of users.
An issue on PS4 that caused screen size changes to not save correctly.

In addition to the above, the update addresses the following in FIFA Ultimate Team:

Updated the default value assigned to the Buy Now option to the max value when listing an item for sale on the Transfer Market.
Improvements to Compare Price when used on consumable items.
Issue where your Goalkeeper was the default selection for all Player Roles.
An issue in settings where the image of the ball didn’t match the selected ball.
An issue that caused a shared Concept Squad to be displayed as a playable squad in the EA Sports Football Club news feed.
An issue with the use of historical kits by your opponent in Play a Friend’s Squad.

Thank you to all FIFA fans who continue to provide their constructive feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. Throughout the course of the FIFA 16 season we’ll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

Nice, love to see all those career mode fixes...

Seeing a lot of people saying it corrupts their squad file and career saves but fortunately didn't do that for me, I'd suggest everyone back up their current DB and career saves just in case (personally I have my whole Fifa folder backed up).

Have EA sorted the highlights yet?
Or is it still the random 4-5 incidents shown?

And have they implemented real rules to PL and the football league?
Last year a straight red got you a 1 game ban,in real life that would be 3 games effective after 7 days.

Should be proper rules for a realistic game innit?

If yes,can't wait to get me hands on the game.
/cheers

Post match highlights are a huge improvement. Straight red is still 1 card, I edited it to be 3 but still 1 for some reason.
Is it possible to edit the them?
Forgot to ask,jerseys,still football league when promoted to PL?
Thanx for answering mate
Tack som fan

I'm on PC so all is editable ;) Including automatic arm patch overlays when promoted or in various competitions :)
Wish that EA would let us do some editing on consoles.
Usually play Pes,but getting FIFA for variety.
Remember the days of PES 6 on PC.
That game was so patched...
Loved it,but nowadays I hardly use PC for anything

Just got my 1st gaming pc! FIFA is so much better than my ps4 version visually, I'm a new be so I've managed to install modding way patch and lod fix"God how have I every managed to play Fifa without this ,you can even see their tattoos from gameplay cam. Anyway can anyone suggest a gameplay mod, I'm looking for a realistic one,I'm all about stats and player individuality ,so I play semi...thanks guys ,

I've looked at that doctor mateys mod but it looks so complicated to install.

I've looked at that doctor mateys mod but it looks so complicated to install.

It is a bit but he's about to make a video on how to install it from what I remember of his recent posts, I've never used his full mod just take bits and pieces from his .ini to tweak to my personal tastes same as with Beta990's career mode mod: https://fifacareermod.wordpress.com/

Mod discussions are best taken in the PC thread :)

I've recently moved in with the gf and now have my ps4 hooked up to a 32inch LCD tv, as apposed to a 50inch one. The game feels so much slower and the players feel so much heavier. I have gone from playing slow, manual with Sprint speed reduced to 10, to play on medium, manual with normal sliders. It still feels slower and less responsive. I'm not so sure I actually like it. How weird that a tv makes such a difference.

I've recently moved in with the gf and now have my ps4 hooked up to a 32inch LCD tv, as apposed to a 50inch one. The game feels so much slower and the players feel so much heavier. I have gone from playing slow, manual with Sprint speed reduced to 10, to play on medium, manual with normal sliders. It still feels slower and less responsive. I'm not so sure I actually like it. How weird that a tv makes such a difference.
I say this every year but if you imagine footage of a man running from the left side of the frame to the right side of the frame in 5 seconds, and then you play that on a 20" TV, followed by a 200" TV, the guy still goes from left to right in 5 seconds - so on a 20", it'll look normal, but on the 200", it'll look like he's got a rocket up his arse.

Amazing what a difference it makes in terms of needing entirely new settings to play on one TV compared to the next!

Yea, agreed with too much rain, but I always change it when I feel it's too much. That's what's cool, being able to change it to your own liking. Get with the times PES!

Yea, agreed with too much rain, but I always change it when I feel it's too much. That's what's cool, being able to change it to your own liking. Get with the times PES!

Yep exactly! Although TBH I only ever change it when it's snow and in such instances I hold down a direction, close my eyes and let go to choose a random weather condition and play in that :)

Yep exactly! Although TBH I only ever change it when it's snow and in such instances I hold down a direction, close my eyes and let go to choose a random weather condition and play in that :)

What if you hit snow again? :P

Finally started a CM with 1860 Munich 2nd Bundesliga.

Curious about how it is this year.
I accepted that pre season tournament so didn´t get that far really.

But the offline games were a fresh change after FUT online which is fun as well.

But I felt a lot of scripting/momentum in the last games, so I needed a break.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom