FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

That's awesome! I suppose that allows you to create some of the more intricate/fluid formations and positioning
It does, you can place any player anywhere on the pitch. I edited my previous post because I forgot it still is possible to create custom formations in-game. I haven't used that feature since FIFA 12 I think, I just edit the database itself, so I'd forgotten I'd seen it in the game last year.

I know how to create and edit new team sheets. And I know you can choose this saved team sheet and select as favourite and then use it, but the problem is if I create more than one team sheet, I can then not use the 2nd one during a game i.e. switch on the fly or when I pause and go into formations. The option to choose an edited team sheet is simply not there, only default formations.
Oh I see, that has changed then, you used to be able to create and choose up to 28 formations I think it was. I edit a few of the 27 base formations via the database which is why I can choose from several custom formations in-game.

Am I missing something? I see the shot hitting both uprights and then him scoring into an empty net but I don't see a 'trick'.

Was expecting a fancy dribble past a couple opponents or something.

jiw6wtx8x7em.gif

There is sth that cant let me enjoy playing offline. I just cant. I only enjoy playing with my mates on couch, or friendly online, sometimes sesons online.

How many cpu fouls do you get each game. I get 1, maximum 2. This is the biggest issue with the game for me.

They are not going to foul you for no reason, if you time your runs and dribbles right you can draw fouls etc

I get a fair share of cpu fouls.

The same's kinda true of PES - if you don't let the opposition get close to you, you won't get any free kicks. I've had plenty of fouls just today. Just beat Man City with an 86th minute penalty, and probably had 4 or 5 pens in the past couple of games.

The CPU is on 49 acceleration, that might affect things because they're stretching ever so slightly more to reach each ball.

Is it me or do the manual controls seem less "manual" than in previous editions? The last FIFA I played was 14, but after playing some matches tonight I was astounded when I actually checked my pass completion percentages, for several games in a row I was pushing towards 90%.

Played a little more after that and found that some passes I presumed were poorly aimed actually landed straight at the feet of my players, not too pleased about it really (if that's actually the case). Then again, maybe my manual skills all just came rushing back tonight, but that's highly unlikely given I had limited skills in the first place.

Is it me or do the manual controls seem less "manual" than in previous editions? The last FIFA I played was 14, but after playing some matches tonight I was astounded when I actually checked my pass completion percentages, for several games in a row I was pushing towards 90%.

True. Manual seems somewhat automated. Unless sometimes (for example in cup match in career mode) the game decides to make it worse than manual for the player.

I have maybe 6 fouls per 10 games. 4 of them are penalties usually.
Handball penalties? I had to turn off handball fouls because I had too many penalties (plus AI loves to cheat by winning the penalty with handballs).

I finally got an extended time with the game over the weekend and absolutely love it. Keepers are a little too good but i really don't mind. It makes scoring feel good because you know it had to be a brilliant effort.

In terms of fouls, I get quite a lot during the game, I'll note how many next game but I reckon i get between 6 and 10 most games.

I saw someone mention injuries being too infrequent too. I've had 2 in pre-season on my CM and had 2 in my first friendly. It's potentially due to my play style though as I do like to draw the cpu in before releasing the pass, or trying to beat them with a quick step.

Scored 2 lovely goals which I'll post up when i get a chance. First was a manual through ball with memphis on the break from a little way into his own half an hit first time on the volley by martial. They were pushing for a winner and it was on the counter.

Second was a chip by diego, edge of the box, one touch and then into the far corner.

The game just feels very free (almost too much sometimes with odd touches) and i feel like i recreate anything that i imagine as i'm playing. I've found playing 8 min halves and being patient leads to some beautiful football.

Really enjoying it.

@angus - I messed with the height and length sliders, just kept having the same issue (although to a slightly lesser effect) I think it's just something that's hard-wired into how the RM/LM positions play. Like you said each position is programmed differently, like CBs not pushing so far up the pitch, it seems RM/LM just track back way too far.

It seems to be for all players as well, I tried out Koke from Atletico Madrid (high defensive work rate) and compared his defensive movements with Dos Santos from Villareal (medium defensive work rate) and with the same defensive instructions, stay forward, they played identically in a defensive sense.

Bit of a disappointment really, as this affects all formations making use of a RM/LM wide player set up as well.

Because of that i don't use formations with LM/RM. But my problem is the offensive end. The RM/LM likes to camp sometimes at the touchline and is completely isolated. For example:
I'm cutting in from the right side with the right midfielder. i expect my left midfielder to cut in (with instructions)the middle. And what is happening? He stands wide at the touchline, "blocked" by the enemy's right fullback. And because he is standing there, my left fullback will not overlap.

This basically kills my whole left side. Because of that, i don't like any formation with lm/rm. Maybe i should try the tips here to play a classic 4-4-2 like a 4-2-4 with LW/RW.

The only formation which sometimes works with LM/RM is a 4-1-4-1. Had great success with it against the Legendary CPU in Fifa 15 with Lazio.The LM(F.Anderson) and RM (Crandeva) were awesome and doing want i want them to do.

Last edited:
Because of that i don't use formations with LM/RM. But my problem is the offensive end. The RM/LM likes to camp sometimes at the touchline and is completely isolated. For example:
I'm cutting in from the right side with the right midfielder. i expect my left midfielder to cut in (with instructions)the middle. And what is happening? He stands wide at the touchline, "blocked" by the enemy's right fullback. And because he is standing there, my left fullback will not overlap.
Have you tried using the in-game formation editor to position the LM (and RM) further up and in?

3_zpshktftxwe.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got an extended time with the game over the weekend and absolutely love it. Keepers are a little too good but i really don't mind. It makes scoring feel good because you know it had to be a brilliant effort.

In terms of fouls, I get quite a lot during the game, I'll note how many next game but I reckon i get between 6 and 10 most games.

I saw someone mention injuries being too infrequent too. I've had 2 in pre-season on my CM and had 2 in my first friendly. It's potentially due to my play style though as I do like to draw the cpu in before releasing the pass, or trying to beat them with a quick step.

Scored 2 lovely goals which I'll post up when i get a chance. First was a manual through ball with memphis on the break from a little way into his own half an hit first time on the volley by martial. They were pushing for a winner and it was on the counter.

Second was a chip by diego, edge of the box, one touch and then into the far corner.

The game just feels very free (almost too much sometimes with odd touches) and i feel like i recreate anything that i imagine as i'm playing. I've found playing 8 min halves and being patient leads to some beautiful football.

Really enjoying it.

Same. No doubt there are certain issues (keepers being too good; team individuality is becoming more apparent, but the personality of certain teams doesn't match up to their real character) but as I get more and more familiar with the game and semi controls, I'm becoming much better equipped to try whatever I want. The only exception is that I still don't seem to understand crossing, beyond drilling the ball to someone at the back post. I don't seem to be able to specify that I want to float the ball to the back of the area, or to clip the ball to the near post. I know you can do it, I've seen it in training - but I seem to struggle during matches. Playing from left to right, I often end up pressing left to try and cross to the edge of the D/penalty spot, but instead the cross goes to the keeper.

I've got a couple of goals I was looking to upload. One's a terrific little through ball to pick out Mata which (a) looked pretty good and (b) was played in a tight area, not the sort of pass you'd expect from manual throughball. The other is a delicious shot on the bounce from Griezmann from 20-odd yards out, right of centre. The sort of shot that has that little bit of backspin so it's always rising into the top corner. Very satisfying.

Crossing is a bit weird, isn't it? I've scored some beautiful goals from crosses, and created a number of cool chances that I didn't finish, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with them and more often than not they go to an unintended teammate. I'm using semi for crossing but not sure if manual is the way to go?

I actually kinda feel the same way about shooting. Aside from finesse shots inside the box and powered-up long shots, I don't feel that I have a good handle on being consistent with my shooting. It's also frustrating that, though I've seen them in the game a handful of times, so the physics are there for them, I've never been able to pull of a low hard shot when trying to do so. (I think for this one I'm actually using the default assisted setting because I was missing the goal too much with the others.)

@angus

Schweinsteiger RM and Blind as RB? :SHOCK: ;-)

No, i didn't. Instead i'm playing with 4-2-3-1(1) and 4-2-2-2, where the outside players are CAMs.

Everytime i tried the ingame-formation editor in previous fifas, it ended in a disaster. Because this editor is so buggy. Try to put the RM in the same position as the RAM in 4-2-3-1. You will have no chance to change the RM to RAM.

@mfmaxpower

My crosses are weak(also semi controls). 3 of 43 goals after 18 Games versus Legendary CPU were headers after crosses. I had no problems with crosses in FIFA 15, but in this one... i'm also using semi, and most of the time they are way to close to the goal. I even suck in the skill game with the different crosses.i think you have to be much more sensitive with the left stick and aiming towards the player. I watched a video from youtuber krasi, where he gives one tip: Press L1 and double tap the cross button, even inside the box. Couldn't try it yet.

Finesse shots are awesome, especially if you shoot them with enough power. You can even score outside the box with a finesse shot. a friend of mine improved his finishing a lot with the finesse shot.Maybe it feels inconsistent because the keepers are crazy good.

A low powered shot? Try to shoot(only tap) during sprint.Than it looks likes one..But i don't think there is a real low powered shot in this game.

I've scored a lot of goals from double tap crosses, but they're often the same type of ball into the box. I struggle to mix it up. I don't know if that's just because too often I'm sprinting down the wing when I cross the ball, but often I fail to play the type of cross I know is possible in the game, and I don't get why.

Same. No doubt there are certain issues (keepers being too good; team individuality is becoming more apparent, but the personality of certain teams doesn't match up to their real character) but as I get more and more familiar with the game and semi controls, I'm becoming much better equipped to try whatever I want. The only exception is that I still don't seem to understand crossing, beyond drilling the ball to someone at the back post. I don't seem to be able to specify that I want to float the ball to the back of the area, or to clip the ball to the near post. I know you can do it, I've seen it in training - but I seem to struggle during matches. Playing from left to right, I often end up pressing left to try and cross to the edge of the D/penalty spot, but instead the cross goes to the keeper.

I've got a couple of goals I was looking to upload. One's a terrific little through ball to pick out Mata which (a) looked pretty good and (b) was played in a tight area, not the sort of pass you'd expect from manual throughball. The other is a delicious shot on the bounce from Griezmann from 20-odd yards out, right of centre. The sort of shot that has that little bit of backspin so it's always rising into the top corner. Very satisfying.

I use semi crossing I think and don't have too many issues hitting my target but I don't often think about trajectory etc so I can't be of much help.

I do love the ground cross this year though. not over effective but i've had some amazing balls put in using it. With pace and bending away from the keeper in that danger area.

Everytime i tried the ingame-formation editor in previous fifas, it ended in a disaster. Because this editor is so buggy. Try to put the RM in the same position as the RAM in 4-2-3-1. You will have no chance to change the RM to RAM.
The editor is not buggy, that's the way it works, and it's worked that way for years. If you move a LM up too far, of course he gets re-labeled a LWF. But as you can see in my screen, you can still move the LM up and in far enough to possibly fix the issue you described, without changing his default position.

Has anyone scored following on from a save in a crowded box? Have seen lots of great saves from the CPU GK, and never once has it gone to one of my players.

Just thought I'd share a video for @Eastwood showing the difference in positioning RW/LW make defensively as it really does solve the problem - although the issue then becomes getting them right offensively as they are far less likely to drop into midfield and help with possession play, shame really. Although, it is possible to make them tuck inside easily just by moving them closer to the middle of the pitch on the tactics screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyUpxP-dqrE

played three games today, was loving some of it, but still seeing i might get the old, every player feels the same, except for speed thing... will try again tonight but it seems to be going down that path. It would be great if both konami and ea joinend forces to make ultimate footie game

Back
Top Bottom