FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

It's probably similar to an old bug whereby they agree terms on a bosman but were actually sold in the meantime so you still have to pay their wages for the whole contract but they never arrive, EA never fixed that one of course...

They're still at the original club.

Aarrgghh - really frustrated by world class at the minute. Just can't stop conceding goals. Can't bring myself to drop it to professional.

Yeah I have this issue too. Professional isn't challenging enough and World Class is too difficult.

With there being 3 more difficult levels before professional, professional real should be more difficult bit odd clear they've not bothered with difficulties for years under the presumption that more people are going to bother with online anyway.

Won 6-0 as Arsenal against Olympiakos on pro, then played as Chelsea at Porto on world class and I'm 2-0 down in ten minutes. Something about world class just doesn't feel right, it's impossible at times to win the ball.

No idea how to make results more realistic. Sliders? Maybe but that doesn't change the fact that every team wants to keep possession no matter who they're playing.

Frustrating.

Playing on world class or legendary is a very, very frustrating experience. But professional seems too easy. Struggling to find a happy medium before starting a career mode.

Online seems enjoyable, though.

I've made it to around March or so in the first season of my career mode with Leicester, and I seem to tinker with the sliders every match. I play full manual and on World Class, but without severely "nerfing" (in my opinion it's just making it fair) the CPU via sliders, it's just far too frustrating of an experience. I don't concede that many goals, it's just the CPU is far too good at intercepting, passing, and they really crowd the middle of the park. I up their pass, touch, keeper error (I put keeper ability to 20 because I was tired of them making wonder saves 9/10 times), lower their pass speed, and make them a tad bit slower than my players. I also up my pass speed as I found normal passes to be unrealistically slow this year.

With that said, I've gotten better at coping with their bullshit. :P Professional is far too easy so it's difficult finding a happy medium at the moment. Still, I'd rather play WC with heavily adjusted sliders.

Last edited:
Aarrgghh - really frustrated by world class at the minute. Just can't stop conceding goals. Can't bring myself to drop it to professional.

I was having the same problem, stuck between WC and Pro. I read that somebody said legendary is better to play than WC. So I switched to legendary and put the sliders in my favour. I really like it. Try it...

Slow
Manual (except passing which on semi)
Legendary

Sprint 50/50
Acceleration 50/47
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 50/60
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 38/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 30/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 70/100
Power Bar 60

I was having the same problem, stuck between WC and Pro. I read that somebody said legendary is better to play than WC. So I switched to legendary and put the sliders in my favour. I really like it. Try it...

I've heard that as well, but have yet to try it for myself. I'll check it out!

Slow
Manual (except passing which on semi)
Legendary

Sprint 50/50
Acceleration 50/47
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 50/60
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 38/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 30/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 70/100
Power Bar 60

Will certainly give it a go. Will start another career in the bundersliga I think.

Is it just me who hates No Touch Dribbling?
It feels and looks so retarded. It's on of those features that takes EA another year to get right. I've seen that happen with so many gimmicky features over the last 6 years. They announce it, they make a video for it, and then when I finally get the Demo/Full Game I get so frustrated and disappointed. Usually they really get it working and looking properly for the next version.

It feels and looks so retarded. It's on of those features that takes EA another year to get right. I've seen that happen with so many gimmicky features over the last 6 years. They announce it, they make a video for it, and then when I finally get the Demo/Full Game I get so frustrated and disappointed. Usually they really get it working and looking properly for the next version.

Its one of the few things I like about FIFA 16 :COAT:

Don't know about you, but I really love it. Even though it's true there's one or two silly animations which are annoying sometimes, I find it very useful when playing online or offline against human opponents - you can actually fool them with this. Of course it's gonna be less effective when you play against the AI.

When you actually time it right, you can pull off some really nice dribbles, especially with players who actually do them in real life.

Really?
Must be doing something wrong then, but I've looked for No Touch Dribbling related videos on YouTube and haven't a single one that got me convinced about how good it is or how wrong I'm making use of it. It just makes the player with the ball look retarded. Nothing like Messi (as they first introduced it to the world).

Made the jump from Professional to Legendary. Feels very good and had cut out the times the CPU would let me get past them with ease without feeling overpowered. I've seen numerous comments say that Legendary plays better than World Class and I'd agree, it's a real game of football.

Such a shame the custom tactics don't work too the effect they had in the demo, hopefully they'll rectify this in a patch though.

Made the jump from Professional to Legendary. Feels very good and had cut out the times the CPU would let me get past them with ease without feeling overpowered. I've seen numerous comments say that Legendary plays better than World Class and I'd agree, it's a real game of football.

I agree. I have been playing World Class and it felt like the CPU was a bit of a cheat, so I have been trying Legendary, slow speed, with some slider tweaks and it is excellent, feels much better!

Been playing this on Legendary. I am really enjoying it. I see so much variation. I love that it's so much harder now to breeze past players and thoughtful build up play is required. Also loving the amount of miscontrol and bad touches the CPU makes and it definitely varies by the difficulty of team.

It really feels satisyfing scoring a goal on this because its tough to do. I have played the alternative and the difficulty doesn't compare at all.

I'm still getting used to the shooting, and I haven't implemented no touch dribbling yet but I never been that type of flashy player.

Really enjoying it so far and when it becomes less of a challenge, thank god for the sliders. Definitely will keep you going for half a year or more.

Did 2 offers in CM and both clubs accepted. Whent on to offers both players their contracts which they also accepted but then they never arrived in my squad. Is this a bug or am I being dumb and there is something I need to do to finish the transaction? PS3 version

Did you sign these players outside a transfer window if so they won't appear until next window starts out of contract for example

I agree. I have been playing World Class and it felt like the CPU was a bit of a cheat, so I have been trying Legendary, slow speed, with some slider tweaks and it is excellent, feels much better!

My problem with professional is I don't have to worry about the AI scoring conceded 5 so far in the championship with 20 games played so do your sliders allow for the AI to score etc and make it challenging that way

I was being dumb. You have to accept the offer when the player accepts the contract.

How do I see my shortlist and the offers I've made/receive in CM on the PS3?

I've made it to around March or so in the first season of my career mode with Leicester, and I seem to tinker with the sliders every match. I play full manual and on World Class, but without severely "nerfing" (in my opinion it's just making it fair) the CPU via sliders, it's just far too frustrating of an experience. I don't concede that many goals, it's just the CPU is far too good at intercepting, passing, and they really crowd the middle of the park. I up their pass, touch, keeper error (I put keeper ability to 20 because I was tired of them making wonder saves 9/10 times), lower their pass speed, and make them a tad bit slower than my players. I also up my pass speed as I found normal passes to be unrealistically slow this year.
Line sliders...

Im not normally that bothered by this stuff, but I am kind of am with this one :LOL:

do EA ever patch in player faces, I mean Memphis Depay?! He's Manchester United's number 7, you would think he'd be a player with some priority and not like he's some lesser known player like Martial you could say was.

I was being dumb. You have to accept the offer when the player accepts the contract.

How do I see my shortlist and the offers I've made/receive in CM on the PS3?

Oh dear that is a bit dumb yes! You view everything through the transfer menu, a couple of the tiles have two or three options so you can scroll them, middle tile has "negotiations" if I remember correctly off the top of my head.

Im not normally that bothered by this stuff, but I am kind of am with this one :LOL:

do EA ever patch in player faces, I mean Memphis Depay?! He's Manchester United's number 7, you would think he'd be a player with some priority and not like he's some lesser known player like Martial you could say was.

Martial and Depay already available...

YgwWGgYl.png

f3VeJXCl.png

2i25rt2.png

I read that Depay and Martial and the promoted teams will be patched in, that does make sense because Leicester, Burnley and QPR were patched in a month or two after the release of Fifa15.

Found the link now:

Xbox One, PS4 and PC FIFA 15 patch notes in full:

Added content and features:

New authentic player faces for promoted Barclays Premier League teams Leicester City, Burnley, and Queens Park Rangers. Accessible after this week's MatchDay Live update for all non-FUT modes. Accessible after a FUT squad update coming this week

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...-kits-and-more-with-update.html#ixzz3nDj6WQni
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Playing on world class or legendary is a very, very frustrating experience. But professional seems too easy. Struggling to find a happy medium before starting a career mode.
Play on Pro, keep adjusting User vs CPU speed and accel sliders slightly so that the CPU has a slight advantage. You'll hit a sweet spot eventually were the game play is balanced and provides a good challenge on Pro.

I've had two matches in a row where the AI has had 80+ pass completion but zero shots, very weird, all I'd done was drop the game length from my usual 10 minutes per half to 7 per half as I wanted to get to the January window a bit quicker, apparently those missing 3 minutes per half was when their manager had told them they should shoot ;)

I tried playing the training mini-games last night, and for me they are some of the worst bits of the game.

I'm talking specifically about the gold "chance creation" drills:

A) The one where you control a mixture of 1-3 players and have to beat / score against 1-3 CPU players (including the goalkeeper) in a variety of fast-changing scenarios, and

B) The one where you dribble through a series of poles and then have to beat a defender one-on-one in a very tight box, before then beating a second in the same box, and then scoring a goal.

I was ready to throw the controller out of the window last night, and if it felt fair or realistic it wouldn't bother me if it was impossibly difficult, but the latter drill in-particular felt like there was literally no way to win.

In drill B, I'd get up to the first guy I'm supposed to beat, and if I tried knocking the ball past him with the knock-ahead stick I'd either run into him before even KICKING the ball or kick the ball INTO him (or out), and if I tried to do a "trick", again, I'd just run into him before the trick animation had barely started.

It feels like you're being "sucked in" towards the defender and there's nothing you can do about it (the only time FIFA 16 ever makes me feel like that).

Literally the only thing I could do was to hold L2/LT as soon as I entered the box, face the opposite way and try to "roulette" either side of the defender with the ball, and there was no skill involved in the success rate - it was just "10% of the time we'll let you through, 90% of the time the defender will crush you".

It feels totally different to the game itself - no defender is that difficult to beat when playing a "normal" match on ANY difficulty (and I've certainly never managed to be so effective when defending).

Also, someone made a video of Ronaldo versus Mertesacker in FIFA 16, showing their respective pace with and without the ball.

FIFA 16 - Ronaldo vs Mertesacker Pace Comparison

This does concern me.

Also, someone made a video of Ronaldo versus Mertesacker in FIFA 16, showing their respective pace with and without the ball.

FIFA 16 - Ronaldo vs Mertesacker Pace Comparison

This does concern me.

It's clear, and not with just pace, that EA have prioritized balancing the game above all else, and have had to "adjust" some features that would otherwise cause problems because they don't have the proper fundamentals in place.

They did this last year (or the year before?) with shot error, by adding an exaggerated amount of error to compensate for all the amount of easy chances being created, rather than address why those easy chances were happening in the first place.

This has evolved this year, but even so you see lots of people complaining about how accuracy of long shots seems better than close shots, whereas keepers are awesome at stopping 1-on-1 chances but less so with shots from distance. Instead of fixing why 1-on-1s are so easy to create, they adjust other elements to compensate.

Another example this year is with through-balls. They've clearly nerfed the accuracy of through passes, but it's at the point where you'll see guys miss wide open players in circumstances that should have been conducive to an easy pass, yet they'll miss by miles, and it all feels a bit fishy.

Again another example is with dribbling, which includes the Ronaldo v Mertesacker video issue. Even though they improved defending this year, they didn't do near enough to improve 1-on-1 defensive mechanics, so to compensate they nerfed the other side of the equation, dribbling, by reducing agility and especially pace.

Although to be fair in that Ronaldo v Mertesacker video, in the second part of the video Ronaldo would've outpaced Mertesacker if he'd knocked the ball on rather than just dribble holding down R2. They've done something weird with pace this year in the name of balancing, but I honestly don't have much issues with exploiting pace when using the knock-on features.

Personally, at the end of the day I'd rather have a game that's balanced with some weird issues like this than the imbalanced joke that was last year. Ideally the game wouldn't need these bandaid solutions but clearly some fundamental features aren't advanced enough yet, like for example 1-on-1 defending.

Last edited:
Defending is so utterly banal now. Barely have to think anymore, just heavily pressurise and tap tackle, either I get the ball or the man thus stopping the attack.

They've nerfed pace so why make winning the ball back so easy. I have Mitroglou upfront yet it's impossible to hold-up the ball, even with my back to the defender.

The game just feels extremely attritional. Like FIFA 14. Pen the opposition in their half. Give them no time on the ball to force errors. Taking enough pot shots around the box until one works it's way in.

There's no incentive to be inventive as the risk-reward isn't there as a defender will just hook out a leg despite the user not reading the pass.

It's percentage football. Aidy Boothroyd / Sam Allardyce simulator. Yes passing is harder, but that doesn't mean build-up play is rewarding. It's about playing it safe and moving the ball to danger zones.

Winning but fed-up. Honestly prefer FIFA 15 now, at least there was a sense of adrenaline and high stakes. The game plays out so predictably now, I'm never surprised or caught off-guared. Any mistake or miscalculation is easily recoverable, which just isn't the case in real life.

Tone down long-shot accuracy, tackling and interception boxes, then we'll have a good football simulator on our hands.

Back
Top Bottom