FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Curdstar,

Good last post and enjoy the hardware upgrade..for me fifas newer focus on a slower more methodical game that mirrors a real life match is something I'm finding quite fresh and enjoying exploring..

I can already play Fifa well and have been playing the last few seasons on the xboxone/ps4,so how I'm feeling about Fifa transcends well beyond visuals or experiencing something different then pes.

Maybe I'm alone in this but the sense of discovery and reward I'm experiencing is something I've missed In football games.

What I've realised is both games in many ways had become to linear and pes to a large degree still is..I don't want to be to hard on pes but I'm experiencing real enjoyment again with a footie game and for that I'm grateful.

Curdstar,

Good last post and enjoy the hardware upgrade..for me fifas newer focus on a slower more methodical game that mirrors a real life match is something I'm finding quite fresh and enjoying exploring..

I can already play Fifa well and have been playing the last few seasons on the xboxone/ps4,so how I'm feeling about Fifa transcends well beyond visuals or experiencing something different then pes.

Maybe I'm alone in this but the sense of discovery and reward I'm experiencing is something I've missed In football games.

What I've realised is both games in many ways had become to linear and pes to a large degree still is..I don't want to be to hard on pes but I'm experiencing real enjoyment again with a footie game and for that I'm grateful.

Cheers mate.

It is good that folk are happy (or closer to being happy) on either side of the debate, but even better that some can enjoy both, of which I am one. Choice is a good thing, and the choice isn't exactly vast when it comes to football games so I just hope both can achieve what they desire throughout this and future generations, though I do still wish someone else would get involved and try develop a football game just to widen the debate and increase consumer choice.

Cheers mate.

It is good that folk are happy (or closer to being happy) on either side of the debate, but even better that some can enjoy both, of which I am one. Choice is a good thing, and the choice isn't exactly vast when it comes to football games so I just hope both can achieve what they desire throughout this and future generations, though I do still wish someone else would get involved and try develop a football game just to widen the debate and increase consumer choice.

Your welcome..and that's not to say that I'm not enjoying what pes has brought to the table this year.

I'm quite long in the tooth now so I tend to focus on where games were once and where they are now and I don't think it's all bad..I try not to be to overly nostalgic and thrive on new experiences be they visual or sound.

My ps4 gets the pes treatment while I reserve Fifa for the xboxone(just feel fifas a better all round game on the Xbox and gets the love).

Enjoy the mgs5 you got with your bundle.

Hey guys,
this new feature in FIFA 16 making flair passes/shots by holding down the L2 trigger really annoys me.
I got the feeling I used to make more precise passes in FIFA 15 with the L2 trigger.
Can someone tell how to somehow 'deactivate' this flair thing or give me at least some advice?
Would be very thankful if you can help me!

Am I the only one annoyed with fixture scheduling. They postpone a weekend league game because of a Europa League game, but then it's postponed for a thursday right after I play a league cup match on a Tuesday. It's not the first time it happens, that seems to have been around since FIFA 14.

Thoroughly enjoying it.

Playing CM with Everton and it feels realistic. I won the pre-season tournament on penalties and my opening prem game v Watford 2-1, but it was all very tough, even when Watford had a man sent off, they managed to squeeze an equaliser and then tried to hold on by playing 1 upfront.

Barry scored after a late run in to the box and the last 15 mins were comfortable.

It just felt kind of right and for the first time in I don't know how long, it feels less scripted?

Anyway, I'm glad it is growing on me, sure I have had to adjust the sliders to make it more of a personal experience, but at least it does have sliders...........

Thoroughly enjoying it.

Playing CM with Everton and it feels realistic. I won the pre-season tournament on penalties and my opening prem game v Watford 2-1, but it was all very tough, even when Watford had a man sent off, they managed to squeeze an equaliser and then tried to hold on by playing 1 upfront.

Barry scored after a late run in to the box and the last 15 mins were comfortable.

It just felt kind of right and for the first time in I don't know how long, it feels less scripted?

Anyway, I'm glad it is growing on me, sure I have had to adjust the sliders to make it more of a personal experience, but at least it does have sliders...........

These are the kind of experiences I'm having mixing it up and playing with different teams..

Nice breakdown and summary of your matches and thanks for sharing!

It's a slow burner I think, quite unlike previous FIFAs. Perseverance is definitely rewarded here. The fact that the great unwashed are moaning about this new FIFA tells me it's doing something different.

It's a slow burner I think, quite unlike previous FIFAs. Perseverance is definitely rewarded here. The fact that the great unwashed are moaning about this new FIFA tells me it's doing something different.

Yes spot on, Pes was the one, where you thought "what have they done" and then it grew on you before it clicked and felt so fresh (3,4,5 & 6) FIFA has surprised me in every way. It is much more a thinking mans patient game. I think you have to also be a little bit more tactically aware to get the best out of your team when facing variable formations.

It feels deeper and more complex than previous efforts, which only serves to keep me wanting to play it more. It is definitely aimed at those who want a realistic game but the sliders allow others to simplify things.

I was definitely all for PES this year, but this has me hooked and PES will be a welcome change at some point in the next 12 month cycle.

Yes spot on, Pes was the one, where you thought "what have they done" and then it grew on you before it clicked and felt so fresh (3,4,5 & 6) FIFA has surprised me in every way. It is much more a thinking mans patient game. I think you have to also be a little bit more tactically aware to get the best out of your team when facing variable formations.

It feels deeper and more complex than previous efforts, which only serves to keep me wanting to play it more. It is definitely aimed at those who want a realistic game but the sliders allow others to simplify things.

I was definitely all for PES this year, but this has me hooked and PES will be a welcome change at some point in the next 12 month cycle.

Yes, it has surprised me in this respect too. With previous FIFAs I rarely put much time into formations and tactics but with this one I have found myself tinkering a little more. Quite refreshing for a FIFA game.

Another thing: individuality. While I certainly wouldn't claim it's on the same level as PES, it is there. You kind of feel it more when you get used to playing with the same team a few times.

Yes, it has surprised me in this respect too. With previous FIFAs I rarely put much time into formations and tactics but with this one I have found myself tinkering a little more. Quite refreshing for a FIFA game.

Another thing: individuality. While I certainly wouldn't claim it's on the same level as PES, it is there. You kind of feel it more when you get used to playing with the same team a few times.

I've never had to actually go in and adjust tactics and formations in any FIFA (maybe FIFA 11 PS3 would be the closest), but 16 is blowing my mind in how hard I have to work for my chances. I'm enjoying it immensely.

Guys, I enjoy both games, I havent played FIFA since '10, and I was pleasantly surprised with the demo.

I am thinking of picking this up, just a question: is there scripting in this game (not in the last difficulty, but maybe pro or wc?) something like in 45min 90min a 3rd division team from a neighborhood in guyana become Barcelona? or score immediately after you? or your team just suffer from brain freezes so the AI has an advantage?

I would say there is less scripting than any FIFA I have played (since FIFA 13), el niche. Teams will often press hard in the last minutes if they are a goal down, and yes that may give them some stat boosts too, looking at the PC files. I certainly don't find it irritating this year though, although I did on some previous FIFAs.

Hey ... quick question for everyone. When playing a friend locally, what 'difficulty' would you you set the AI on? And why?

I have always set it on Pro, but maybe we are missing out on some AI benefits with off the ball runs, or something.

Did 2 offers in CM and both clubs accepted. Whent on to offers both players their contracts which they also accepted but then they never arrived in my squad. Is this a bug or am I being dumb and there is something I need to do to finish the transaction? PS3 version

This game is growing on me either.

Not playing CM yet, but online seasons.

I gotta say that I never had so much fun in footy online gaming.
Not even when I lose.

Played Bayern against Manchester City and in the first half the ref called a penalty against me as my defender was pushing the striker too hard so he fell down.

I was down 0:1 and was trying and trying to equalize the whole game.
I didn´t make it and lost in the end.
But it was such a tight game. I had my chances but missed the goal a few times and everytime I was like "Nooooooooo!".

It was thrilling, exciting and I was totally into it!

Lovely! Had draws and won a few, lost a few....nice.

I hope it stays like this.
I remember playing FIFA 15 online and had fun as well....in the beginning when I was in league 10.
The more I got up the uglier the matches have been until I started to play with 3 star teams.

I hope that´s not the case in FIFA 16, even you never can avoid playing against idiots trying to win by any means.

EDIT:

There are 4 main steps:

1. Download the main pack and extract to your Fifa folder
  2. rename ReShade64.dll (because Fifa is a 64bit game) that's now in the same place as your exe to dxgi.dll
  3. from thelazy.net download the actual preset by clicking "download preset"
  4. rename the preset .txt file to SweetFX_settings.txt and overwrite the one contained in the \FIFA 16\SweetFX folder.

That should be all you need, if all worked right it'll show text on loading in the centre of the Fifa loading screen and in the top left to say it's working and you should see that the lighting is different, you can turn it on and off without restriction during the game by pressing "Scroll Lock" :)

Thx a ton!!!!!!
That renaming ReShade64.dll to dxgi.dll was what I missed!

Looks much better now :)

Last edited:
Did 2 offers in CM and both clubs accepted. Whent on to offers both players their contracts which they also accepted but then they never arrived in my squad. Is this a bug or am I being dumb and there is something I need to do to finish the transaction? PS3 version

It's probably similar to an old bug whereby they agree terms on a bosman but were actually sold in the meantime so you still have to pay their wages for the whole contract but they never arrive, EA never fixed that one of course...

Thx a ton!!!!!!
That renaming ReShade64.dll to dxgi.dll was what I missed!

Looks much better now :)

Glad it worked, and yes the right settings is great, did you use the one I suggested? K-Putte does them for most games and they're usually pretty well balanced.

This game is growing on me either.

Not playing CM yet, but online seasons.

I gotta say that I never had so much fun in footy online gaming.
Not even when I lose.

Played Bayern against Manchester City and in the first half the ref called a penalty against me as my defender was pushing the striker too hard so he fell down.

I was down 0:1 and was trying and trying to equalize the whole game.
I didn´t make it and lost in the end.
But it was such a tight game. I had my chances but missed the goal a few times and everytime I was like "Nooooooooo!".

It was thrilling, exciting and I was totally into it!

Lovely! Had draws and won a few, lost a few....nice.

I hope it stays like this.
I remember playing FIFA 15 online and had fun as well....in the beginning when I was in league 10.
The more I got up the uglier the matches have been until I started to play with 3 star teams.

I hope that´s not the case in FIFA 16, even you never can avoid playing against idiots trying to win by any means.

I agree. Last year could be real miserable but this year I've had fun even when losing.

The only problem with online Seasons is that I'm sick of playing against Real Madrid.

apparently theres a bug when you put a player you bought from the transfer market into your team, it makes your game crash.

So you basically can't use a player that you bought? What's the point of the transfer market then? lol

I'm glad I haven't started CM mode yet. Hopefully they'll fix these ridiculous bugs and then I'll get on it.

EDIT: Yep, it turns out this bug is affecting basically everyone! 8-page thread.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/fifa-16-career-mode-crash-ce-34878-0/td-p/4805635/page/8

That first patch can't come soon enough, assuming it doesn't mess up other things lol.

Last edited:
Playing on world class or legendary is a very, very frustrating experience. But professional seems too easy. Struggling to find a happy medium before starting a career mode.

Online seems enjoyable, though.

Back
Top Bottom