FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Young Swiss defender who they signed a few seasons ago. Went on loan to rangers in the January window last season. Played today against Chelsea and schooled pedro and hazard.

He used to be in and I assumed he still was but there's no sign of him. I get if they've never been in and they're little known - but he's been in for years now. The only thing I can think of is when they did the teams some numpty put him on rangers but didn't tag him as on loan there so as rangers aren't in the game neither are their players

Also noticed no Reece Oxford at west ham. Is there a squad update of some sort still to come like last years updated faces update?

Last edited:
Young Swiss defender who they signed a few seasons ago. Went on loan to rangers in the January window last season. Played today against Chelsea and schooled pedro and hazard.

He used to be in and I assumed he still was but there's no sign of him. I get if they've never been in and they're little known - but he's been in for years now. The only thing I can think of is when they did the teams some numpty put him on rangers but didn't tag him as on loan there so as rangers aren't in the game neither are their players

Also noticed no Reece Oxford at west ham. Is there a squad update of some sort still to come like last years updated faces update?

He might be there in the next update. Players who spent time at Rangers or are there currently on loan are missing. The American kid at Arsenal who's there currently on loan isn't in the game.

You could always create him using the stats from sofifa.com

I want an amazing football game. FIFA isn't this year and PES isn't this year.

I even slid with da sliders and edited da PES and everything. Not happy and ea and konami are gamebreakers who break games for life. It is rubbish isn't it?

It has got a bit of the old-school PES about it in some ways. That's why I'm quite taken by FIFA this year.

It isn't lasting :(

Even though I loved playing the Women's WC, as soon as I started a Man United game the old things that I don't like started to show again, like players turning and passing from awkward angles in lightning speed. Super quick turn and blind pass. Why do they do that? I'm playing on slow and it's still miles quicker than PES (Sorry I don't really have anything better to compare with in this regard). I love a lot of things about it. Weird thing is the players turn realistically when I quickly switch directions 180 degrees, which is really nice, but if I do an awkward angle pass it throws all that out. Why? :(

I wish there was an even slower setting. Please let me know if there is a way to fix that before I return it. I truly want to enjoy this.

Also a tiny annoyance, why are the custom camera settings so limited? They're almost pointless and hardly change.

I don't know if I buy that as a "return worthy" game breaker considering PES has some really awkward passing animations, and has done for years (I'm saying this with prior knowledge of you playing PES 2016). FIFA is a lot better this year in regards to 180 passes. I don't know about assisted, but if I try a 180 degree pass on manual it will often bobble and be misplaced.

Last edited:
The demo was A LOT slower for me. I mean noticeable slower, not placebo, not a chance. I can't believe people are saying there are no changes regarding the demo.

I'm not complaining though, I liked the demo and I'm liking the full game. Wouldn't mind slowing it down a bit though.

I know i was late to the party but just tried women match demo today germany vs usa.. i can feel football match played by women. it's damn good, the physicality, the error, the animation..

I like fifa quite alot, one issue I have is the goalkeeper tho, he is god damn superhuman, insane reflexes and reach. From the 10 games I played so far I haven't scored once outside the penalty area. The goalkeepers are insane, and im not even talking world class ones, keepers with 76 overalls.. they seem to be mistake free and insane.

Anyone else feel this way?

My only gripe with FIFA 16 tactical defending, it just not work for me. As I exclusively play offline I have reluctantly switched to Legacy defending. Other than that FIFA is excellent, as is PES. I am loving both as they both offer different gameplay experiences.

Guys

I am enjoying it but not as much as I could do!!

Can anyone help me create more space in midfield, it feels congested and clunky in this area. I have increased the CPU pass and first touch error which has helped with the heavy CPU possession.

I like the momentum of PES but prefer the ball physics and presentation of FIFA, If I could try and get some of that momentum in FIFA it will be great?

I am currently playing on slow, should I go with normal to increase the speed a bit as it does feel a bit chuggy? The other thing I have noticed is sometimes when players strike the ball it feels like they are hitting a medicine ball?

Thanks

After another decent go at FIFA it has grown on me, it actually felt different last night but not sure why . One thing that has stricken me is that the game is far better on assisted controls rather than manual with a bit of passing error. I'm guessing because of the better ball physics, randomness and improved AI defending passes (and shooting)still go amiss. I was also noticing a weird running animation the other day where the payers used to fractionally pause , that's gone now so feels smoother

I like fifa quite alot, one issue I have is the goalkeeper tho, he is god damn superhuman, insane reflexes and reach. From the 10 games I played so far I haven't scored once outside the penalty area. The goalkeepers are insane, and im not even talking world class ones, keepers with 76 overalls.. they seem to be mistake free and insane.

Yes, they are extremely overpowered especially at close range. I have at least one world-class save per game where I am shooting from 10 feet out, yet the keeper still manages to get a hand or leg in between. Sometimes it doesn't seem physically possible. Haven't played around with the sliders yet, tho.

I love some of the litte contextual things they've put in there (which probably were already in 15 but I didn't play that): yesterday, before Ribery (CPU team) lined up for a freekick there was a second ball on the pitch. So he had to wait until Lahm kicked it out. In another instance I had an impossible miss with one of my Darmstadt strikers where he hoofed the ball over the open goal from a few feet out . I later subbed him (sort of as a punishment) and when the game was interrupted once again it showed a tele-shot of him sitting with crossed arms on the bench chewing over his missed opportunity which was then replayed once more.

I like these little 'story-building' aspects.

That is why I (and many other users) decrease sliders for GK to around 25. Try it out.

Can anyone help me create more space in midfield, it feels congested and clunky in this area.

Increase slider for Line length (space between defender and attacker)

One very annoying bug/issue that isn't fixed, defender sprint bug is still there, you can be chasing an attacker and your defender will stop sprinting, requires a tap of "supercancel" to get him sprinting again, anyone else notice that? This is with default sprint/accel sliders...

One very annoying bug/issue that isn't fixed, defender sprint bug is still there, you can be chasing an attacker and your defender will stop sprinting, requires a tap of "supercancel" to get him sprinting again, anyone else notice that? This is with default sprint/accel sliders...

Yep, noticed it. Same thing happens for CPU as well. Why can't bug like this get's fixed?

It isn't lasting :(

Even though I loved playing the Women's WC, as soon as I started a Man United game the old things that I don't like started to show again, like players turning and passing from awkward angles in lightning speed. Super quick turn and blind pass. Why do they do that? I'm playing on slow and it's still miles quicker than PES (Sorry I don't really have anything better to compare with in this regard). I love a lot of things about it. Weird thing is the players turn realistically when I quickly switch directions 180 degrees, which is really nice, but if I do an awkward angle pass it throws all that out. Why? :(

I wish there was an even slower setting. Please let me know if there is a way to fix that before I return it. I truly want to enjoy this.

Also a tiny annoyance, why are the custom camera settings so limited? They're almost pointless and hardly change.

Even the keeper animation when they dive, their reflexes are super human at times, and also the player models and animations that's stopped me from playing it. They need to redo the men like the women.

The demo was A LOT slower for me. I mean noticeable slower, not placebo, not a chance. I can't believe people are saying there are no changes regarding the demo.

I'm not complaining though, I liked the demo and I'm liking the full game. Wouldn't mind slowing it down a bit though.

With you 100%. Full game is quicker. Feels even quicker (slow setting) after playing pes on -1

After another decent go at FIFA it has grown on me, it actually felt different last night but not sure why . One thing that has stricken me is that the game is far better on assisted controls rather than manual with a bit of passing error. I'm guessing because of the better ball physics, randomness and improved AI defending passes (and shooting)still go amiss. I was also noticing a weird running animation the other day where the payers used to fractionally pause , that's gone now so feels smoother

I mentioned before but I am playing all assisted at the moment (i used to be all manual but changed as playing a friend who only plays assisted all of the time)

There is lots of error especially with blind passes etc and over hitting and under hitting, I think it feels great.

Shooting also I missed a couple of sitters so this also feels not as assisted.

Players like Matic and Yaya Toure don't stand out enough. Am I the millionth man saying that? They were different beasts in FIFA 14. Shocked to see how they have become just some players. Of course they are different from Mertesacker. But Yaya Toure should run the midfield. Making interceptions and spraying passes. Doesn't happen quite that way.

Raising the Sprint value helps in this regard. Which is why I dont' understand values of those slider creators that use lower than default Sprint. It's the infamous "jogging" animation from FIFA 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TaNmtnUpSY

There was a time on 14 PC that you could lower Sprint to great values, and resulted in amazing gameplay. However, the jogging animation would still return - albeit not as consistent.

Yep, drives me nuts. That said, unlike last year I can't say that it's actually cost me a goal or anything. I even wonder if it's a bug or some weird thing EA has intended as part of slowing the game down. They've done such a good job of getting rid of little bugs and exploits that I'm surprised it's still there if it's not intended.

Keepers in this game really are spectacular at times. That said, if I create enough chances, I have no problems scoring goals. The conversion rates seem pretty spot on.

Online I'm seeing more goals per game than I am offline playing World Class, and it's just about perfectly balanced online imo, so I'm assuming they need the keepers to make astounding saves to keep score lines in check. Single player I have more issues creating chances than I do converting them.

Single player is different, at least for me, because the CPU is much better at defending (on World Class) than people are in multiplayer. I prefer to play single player (online gets old when everyone plays the same way, chooses the same team, etc.; I actually see much more variety against the CPU) but it's clear that the game has been balanced with multiplayer first in mind.

I thought the same. But then I realised that all the demo matches I played were at Seattle's Century Link Park where there isn't any sort of pattern on the pitch. For some reason, the players feel like they are properly connected with the pitch, and not skating around on top of it when I'm playing as Man City at The Etihad.

Shouldn't even remotely make a difference but it totally does. I've since started a career mode with Seattle Sounders and the pace of the game feels exactly like the demo - but only when I am playing at home.

I think it's a combination of the pitch textures, the camera angle and the agility of the better players which makes the game feel skatey and unrealistic.

Players like Matic and Yaya Toure don't stand out enough. Am I the millionth man saying that? They were different beasts in FIFA 14. Shocked to see how they have become just some players. Of course they are different from Mertesacker. But Yaya Toure should run the midfield. Making interceptions and spraying passes. Doesn't happen quite that way.
As a City fan I can assure you, he doesn't make interceptions in the middle of the park hahaha

Yaya is a beast online. I've seen him literally throw my guys to the ground when trying to dispossess him. Absolute monster, and his shooting is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom