FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Been playing the demo to death on the PS4. Just got back from playing the retail version for ~two hours and noticed no differences whatsoever. Like, at all.

ZLrDNKQ.png

Do you use sliders Tom?

While I'm at work, could someone let me know if Team Play is included this year? It's one thing I forgot to check. So 2v1 human players etc.

It was in Fifa 14 then stupidly omitted from 15.

Do you use sliders Tom?

Erich, my good man, wie geht's, wie steht's? :)

Not yet, no, but planning on checking some settings out over the coming weekend. But, to be honest, I'm genereally not too keen on playing footie games in singleplayer modes. There has always been something about them that turned me off in the long run. So it's mostly multiplayer games vs some friends of mine.

While I'm at work, could someone let me know if Team Play is included this year? It's one thing I forgot to check. So 2v1 human players etc.

It was in Fifa 14 then stupidly omitted from 15.

Unfortunately , it's not in the game..I really miss team play and arena match options :(

Erich, my good man, wie geht's, wie steht's? :)

Not yet, no, but planning on checking some settings out over the coming weekend. But, to be honest, I'm genereally not too keen on playing footie games in singleplayer modes. There has always been something about them that turned me off in the long run. So it's mostly multiplayer games vs some friends of mine.

Hi Tom, danke, alles gut.

Will write you a PM.

Eurogamer article...

FIFA 16's new passing is upsetting some and delighting others

(Replace "some" with "kids".)

Yeah, I can totally see where people would be frustrated 'cause it's a relearning process, and there's an increased level of skill and intelligence now needed.

They've done a pretty good job balancing online play this year from what I can tell so far. It's actually better balanced than offline because online tactical defending works well, whereas against the CPU it doesn't.

And I still see plenty of goals online. The two big differences: 1) For all the 2-2, 3-1 scorelines, I also see a good mix of 1-1 and 1-0s; and 2) For the most part, when I concede online I now see where I could have done better.

That said, though online is fun and pretty well balanced, it still is a total end-to-end affair. It's very rare that you come up against someone interested in playing any patient buildup and not attempt to pressure high up the pitch the entire game. Also, because of the changes that make passing and first touch more error prone, there is somewhat of a disincentive to not get the ball quickly forward. In fact, most the goals I've conceded online so far have come from me giving up possession in terrible areas, and in those cases it would have been safer just to hoof the ball downfield.

Overall, though it's too one-dimensional for my tastes in terms of just being about the counter-attack, online feels pretty well balanced so far and I haven't come up against a single exploit yet. It's fun in spurts for me. It's too bad single player isn't as well balanced.

Instead of women's football maybe they should include a kids version.
That's actually a great idea in principle, but all the kids would say "no I'm a grown up" and avoid it like the plague.

But if you call it "epic mode"...

Saying that, Ultimate Team captures most of them.

I'm trying to learn the manual game, but find the passing to kind of get stuck in the grass 9if that makes sense?) shall I up the pass speed in the sliders or is it simply a case of learning the technique???

Well after about 10 hours play i've come to some pretty weird conclusions.

There is a vast difference in enjoyment levels between playing as say an MLS team and playing as a Premier League Team

The players don't have god like agility or reactions so they can't change direction at the blink of any eye. This makes the world of difference because they feel weightier.

There is also something else that i have noticed that seems to affect the pace of the game. When playing at Seattle's stadium you will notice that there isn't any lines on the pitch as it is meant to be astro turf. This is going to sound barmy, but it makes for a better experience. There seems to be genuine inertia between the player and the pitch. I know this is an optical illusion, but when i moved back on to a generic pitch with a proper pitch pattern, the skating feeling came back. In a way it feels like the players are too big for the pitch at times. Try it and see if i am going mad here. I notice a big difference.

Another difference i have noticed is when playing with the default MLS ball in comparison to the EPL one. The MLS one is practically all white and as such looks bigger. The players look in proportion to the pitch and the ball and agin this helps with the inertia.

I must add i am playing on Dynamic Cam and i am aware that at different stadiums, the camera will appear more zoomed in. Again this probably plays a part in relation to pace of the game.

So there you have it, a series of optical illusions. EA, the David Blaine of the gaming industry.

*seriously, before dismissing me as on drugs, try it out and see if you notice any differences.

Been noting a strange habbit i am getting ( never did it before when i was playing PES ):

I love to watch the ending highlights of the game. Just did a Real vs Chelsea ( 8 minutes with demo extender ), where i won on penalties after 0-0 game. I 99% of times dont do penalties, and when i defended the cpu kick i almost jumped!

Then seeing the flashlights of the game was joy like seeing flashlights of Mourinho when on Porto .... good times :)

Amazing awesome feeling!

And something that I forgot to state is, the man himself, Krebstar, later corrected himself and said that it was fine in the demo but not in the full game.

You're the only person I can depend upon. My true love.

Custom Tactics don't seem to work.

What the other poster was referring to was "Player Instructions". Those work very well BUT since their inclusion last year in FIFA 15, they seem to override Team Tactics.

I tried to mimic Barcelona's pressure settings by leaving the Player Instructions on default and putting Team Aggression (which is supposed to make players close down quicker) at 100. Players still didn't close down like you think they would with a maxed out value. I'm going to go back and try Pressure & Aggression at 100 to see what happens.

Custom Tactics don't seem to work.

What the other poster was referring to was "Player Instructions". Those work very well BUT since their inclusion last year in FIFA 15, they seem to override Team Tactics.

I tried to mimic Barcelona's pressure settings by leaving the Player Instructions on default and putting Team Aggression (which is supposed to make players close down quicker) at 100. Players still didn't close down like you think they would with a maxed out value. I'm going to go back and try Pressure & Aggression at 100 to see what happens.

Edit - Aggression & Pressure work. Put Barca up to 100 for both and they are hawking me down. Neymar picked up a yellow 4 passes into the match and as soon as I beat Neymar Jordi Alba picks me up.

I wonder what affect it has on stamina.

First match, professional 7 min halves against Sunderland as United. Barmy.

Sunderland with 91% pass completion, 55% posession, scored 3 goals:
1. A move after about 40 passes let do a free kick, they score a header.
2. A move after about 50 passes they got into the box, down and a penalty despite me not actually hitting tackle button, and it being clear shoulder to shoulder.
3. A move after about 40 passes resulting in a free kick, top corner.

Basically the match consisted of me running after the ball.

Are people really able to play against the CPU with tactical defending? By the time the plyaer you're controlling gets near the ball, it's been passed perfectly somewhere else, and your teammates are basically coded to never tackle.

Their much vaunted 'interception' system appears to only be for the CPU.

It's appalling. I'm hoping it's just a one off because I cannot believe I paid for this.

I got the xbox1 version first and played that and thought it a tad faster than demo. But now i have the PS4 version and it's perfect slower than xbox1 for me. Also anyone have problems buying from the catalogue store? Also finally meat in the tackles.

Back
Top Bottom