FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Just played a career mode match, ironically enough we drew Newcastle in the League Cup, uploading both halves now.

7 fouls by the AI! Obviously a couple were handballs but as you'll see in the videos I won a fair few fouls :)

i like the demo so much i decide to go digital for fifa16. now i can play at midnight tonight :D

is there any full manual players that would like to play some matches some time ? season, pro clubs, co-op, is all good. on ps4 europe

Hey man, yeh I'm up for manual games, PSN:Sullivinho

Maybe im tired but tonight I absolutely hate this game. The demo seems better to me. Slow doesnt seem as slow as the demo and the players feel way too light.

Ill try tomorrow but so far the demo felt much better

Maybe im tired but tonight I absolutely hate this game. The demo seems better to me. Slow doesnt seem as slow as the demo and the players feel way too light.

Mate, the picture is just like what you said ..

No doubt here!

I'm feeling the same to be honest. Players feel really really light and I've started being able to do what I could in Fifa 15 where I could run from one side of the pitch to another with a fast dribbler. Definitely couldn't do that in the demo.

They have definitely made it a bit more responsive. I'm sure I'm not imagining it.

Combing through the FIFA Reddit and comments like this make me happy on the inside.

iovuzyw.png

My word, a player miscontrolled a pass? Blasphemy. I swear some people's perception of what football is, is based solely on what they see in video games. I love that players take poor touches!

It's funny how so many people are complaining that their passes aren't going to their intended destination when I'm having zero problems on manual. Perhaps it's an assisted thing. MANUAL PLAYERS FINALLY GET THEIR DAY IN THE SUN? :SMUG: Seriously, though. Is the passing actually broken on assisted? Perhaps I should try it out.
That guy probably is oblivious to the fact that he is potentially aggravating his situation with his own playstyle. Probably trying to spam 1st time passes while holding the sprint button with the receiving player.

Stick with it, mate. They've altered trapping which has resulted in a slightly quicker flow, but it's for the better IMO (and setting the first touch slider to 70 "undoes" some of it, although mine is set at 60).

I was just playing as Liverpool versus Arsenal, 2-1 to me with minutes to go, and they start throwing balls into the box desperately - then this happens.

Not seen anything like this - or at least, so believable - in FIFA 15.

https://youtu.be/eHe-13L2lxc

There's a throw, the cross gets whipped in, then...

1) A player does a pretty straight-up jumping header to just DESPERATELY keep the ball moving towards the box, even though it's just the slightest of touches.

2) With the ball falling to the ground, and not far off it at all, the striker THROWS himself at the ball and manages to get something on it, but it's saved.

3) The ball squires wide and there's an attempted scissor-kick that, rather beautifully, makes no contact whatsoever.

4) The ball is hit low into the box, the striker can't move his feet quickly enough because of the speed of the cross, the ball rebounds off his leg onto the goalkeeper, and then rebounds in-front of my defender, and I SMASH it away in fear.

What I love is the diving header attempt when the ball is really close to the floor (you can see it better in HD).

Love the game to bits.

Last edited:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus View Post
bodytypecode 2 in the db players table, gives all players an average body type that's properly scaled to their individual size and weight.

What program do you use for that mate, any chance of more detailed instructions? Thanks

wow. thisd fix my main issue with Fifa :) wish there was a quick fix for the ps4 version.

Can't say that I'm enjoying single player gameplay at the moment. Professional is now way too easy but holy crap is World Class a frustrating affair. Creating chances is hard as hell, but I'm okay with that right now because I can see myself getting better, but defending against the CPU just plain sucks.

It's not bad defending in the final third, but the midfield play is miserable - how the hell are you suppose to get the ball off the AI? It actually reminds me a bit of PES last year where there are times that you might as well just put down the controller 'cause for all the effort you put in, you're merely a bystander on defense.

Online matches seem pretty well balanced but offline against the CPU just ain't right.

Last edited:

Can't say that I'm enjoying single player gameplay at the moment. Professional is now way too easy but holy crap is World Class a frustrating affair. Creating chances is hard as hell, but I'm okay with that right now because I can see myself getting better, but defending against the CPU just plain sucks.

It's not bad defending in the final third, but the midfield play is miserable - how the hell are you suppose to get the ball off the AI? It actually reminds me a bit of PES last year where there are times that you might as well just put down the controller 'cause for all the effort you put in, you're merely a bystander on defense.

Online matches seem pretty well balanced but offline against the CPU just ain't right.

I know what you're on the about when you talk about world class level.

On world class level I feel powerless in all my attempts to steal the bal, I actually cant even make any physic contact with cpu players. As soon as you get close to them they turn very quickly and pass, theres no "shoulder to shoulder" challenges if you know what I mean:

But as for online games I agree that is very different. But what I noticed is that Fifa is definetly not a game dynamic enough in the sense that it allows you to play a more slower, ball possession game. Lets be honest here, almost every play we will encounter online will play a very fast paced game, after all,'assisted passong (in both Fifa and Pes) make it easy to create socring chances with thar style, but what I got frustrated is that Fifa makes almost impossible to play ball possession game style due to how weak are the lateral passes in midfield and how slow players react to lthem, wich is not the case with PES imho. In Fifa 14 on PS4 it wasnt that dificult..

Last edited:

I know what you're on the about when you talk about world class level.

but what I got frustrated is that Fifa makes almost impossible to play ball possession game style due to how weak are the lateral passes in midfield and how slow players react to lthem, wich is not the case with PES imho. In Fifa 14 on PS4 it wasnt that dificult..

Is it possible to use the R1 + Pass (Strong pass)? I don't play on World Class level, but i have found that the stronger pass provides an extra second to outmaneouver the opposition. It is more risky though.

Can someone who has the UK version disc ps3 could you please tell me is there Arabic commentary?

Any camera settings to match the default PES camera? Would prefer it close up like that, but still enough awareness of what's going on around.

Loved the missed free-kick where you hit the upper post!

Stick with it, mate. They've altered trapping which has resulted in a slightly quicker flow, but it's for the better IMO (and setting the first touch slider to 70 "undoes" some of it, although mine is set at 60).

I was just playing as Liverpool versus Arsenal, 2-1 to me with minutes to go, and they start throwing balls into the box desperately - then this happens.

Not seen anything like this - or at least, so believable - in FIFA 15.

https://youtu.be/eHe-13L2lxc

There's a throw, the cross gets whipped in, then...

1) A player does a pretty straight-up jumping header to just DESPERATELY keep the ball moving towards the box, even though it's just the slightest of touches.

2) With the ball falling to the ground, and not far off it at all, the striker THROWS himself at the ball and manages to get something on it, but it's saved.

3) The ball squires wide and there's an attempted scissor-kick that, rather beautifully, makes no contact whatsoever.

4) The ball is hit low into the box, the striker can't move his feet quickly enough because of the speed of the cross, the ball rebounds off his leg onto the goalkeeper, and then rebounds in-front of my defender, and I SMASH it away in fear.

What I love is the diving header attempt when the ball is really close to the floor (you can see it better in HD).

Love the game to bits.

Damn that looked amazing!!!

Bought it for 37 €, the FUT edition.
Gonna give it a go tonight and can´t wait.

Btw:
At a specific level you are able to create a player.
Has anyone of you done that and can you get this player into your CM to sign him?

I did that on PES 2010 and 2011.

Would be interesting if this is possible in FIFA too.

Think you have to lower the sprint slider to the point your happy with the pace, cause slow speed still feels fast to me as well.

ill give that a go cheers.

I put on slow last night and had to double check about 2 mins in that i hadnt selected normal or fast. Slow isnt as slow as the demo slow.

I wish they'd have left the demo alone to be honest. I actually feel like I'm having to deliberately slow the game down to make it played at a realistic pace, where's the demo was naturally more realistic.

ill give that a go cheers.

I put on slow last night and had to double check about 2 mins in that i hadnt selected normal or fast. Slow isnt as slow as the demo slow.

Really now?
Some people said the full game is like the demo and some say the full game is a little faster.

Can´t check before tonight.

I wish they'd have left the demo alone to be honest. I actually feel like I'm having to deliberately slow the game down to make it played at a realistic pace, where's the demo was naturally more realistic.

This is how I feel.

Really now?

Some people said the full game is like the demo and some say the full game is a little faster.

Can´t check before tonight.

It feels quicker to me. But I then I did play this straight after a session of PES and FIFA always feels quicker after playing Pes - and I was tired.

I'll have another go tonight

It's definitely not faster on the XBox One. We did a comparison speed run from one end of the pitch to the other last night on both the demo and the EA Access fulll game and it was pretty much identical times.

I also can't visually see any difference in speed.

Do you tweak sliders? Your game seems a lot slower than mine.

Yes these are my current sliders:

PC, 10 Min Halves, Professional, Slow, Tactical Defending, All Manual Controls.

Sprint Speed: 50/50
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 50/50
Pass Error: 60/65
Shot Speed: 53/53
Pass Speed: 60/60
Injury Freq: 70/70
Injury Severity: 45/45
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 60/60
Run Freq: 60/60
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 50/50
FB Positioning: 50/50
Power Bar: 60/NA
FT Control: 65/70

Think you have to lower the sprint slider to the point your happy with the pace, cause slow speed still feels fast to me as well.

Funnily enough my pace/acceleration sliders are currently untouched :)

Definitely the same as the demo for me. There's a slight difference in terms of trapping being easier, meaning passing moves are put together more quickly, but again, a tweak of the pass error / ball control slider and you're set.

I was up early again to play the game before work this morning - this is unheard of for me since the days of Winning Eleven 8 or 9. Just love the game.

It was a career game, Liverpool v Scunthorpe (Capital One Cup match, which made me laugh with Liverpool playing Carlisle last night in reality).

I played a completely different side, all young players, and immediately felt the difference. Scunthorpe were still defending in large numbers despite our young team, and I was really struggling. The passing stats at the end of the game were pretty much bang-on for both teams.

At 90 minutes, it was 0-0. Scunthorpe's defending was driving me mad, I couldn't break through, and so brought a few first-teamers on.

As the end of the first half of extra time was approaching, I got fed up of trying to get close when Scunthorpe had so many defenders back, so I just hit one from range with Danny Ings.

I didn't expect it to fall in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHs8L8JnJc

I jumped and fist-pumped, something PES isn't doing for me this year (sorry to make the comparison but it's a balanced opinion based on equal amounts of time with both games). I had to work for it, but I got it.

My ten hour trial expired just as I pressed the "save" button, too. :(

For balance, I have to admit, there's one thing that I really don't like about the game this year.

For me, defending is still broken. I can't approach an attacking player and stay on a course towards them - I just ZOOM past them. In real life, players aren't cars that need to apply brakes. I'm really disappointed that despite all the PR talk about defending being more realistic, to me, it's only very slightly better.

Legacy defending is the more realistic option IMO, but I avoid it because then it's slightly too easy to regain possession. Surely there's a balance that can be had between not being able to follow the direction of an attacking player, and being a heat-seeking missile with a great tackle success rate...

Last edited:
Definitely the same as the demo for me. There's a slight difference in terms of trapping being easier, meaning passing moves are put together more quickly, but again, a tweak of the pass error / ball control slider and you're set.

I was up early again to play the game before work this morning - this is unheard of for me since the days of Winning Eleven 8 or 9. Just love the game.

It was a career game, Liverpool v Scunthorpe (Capital One Cup match, which made me laugh with Liverpool playing Carlisle last night in reality).

I played a completely different side, all young players, and immediately felt the difference. Scunthorpe were still defending in large numbers despite our young team, and I was really struggling. The passing stats at the end of the game were pretty much bang-on for both teams.

At 90 minutes, it was 0-0. Scunthorpe's defending was driving me mad, I couldn't break through, and so brought a few first-teamers on.

As the end of the first half of extra time was approaching, I got fed up of trying to get close when Scunthorpe had so many defenders back, so I just hit one from range with Danny Ings.

I didn't expect it to fall in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHs8L8JnJc

I jumped and fist-pumped, something PES isn't doing for me this year (sorry to make the comparison but it's a balanced opinion based on equal amounts of time with both games). I had to work for it, but I got it.

My ten hour trial expired just as I pressed the "save" button, too. :(

For balance, I have to admit, there's one thing that I really don't like about the game this year.

For me, defending is still broken. I can't approach an attacking player and stay on a course towards them - I just ZOOM past them. In real life, players aren't cars that need to apply brakes. I'm really disappointed that despite all the PR talk about defending being more realistic, to me, it's only very slightly better.

Legacy defending is the more realistic option IMO, but I avoid it because then it's slightly too easy to regain possession. Surely there's a balance that can be had between not being able to follow the direction of an attacking player, and being a heat-seeking missile with a great tackle success rate...

That was a great realistic goal.

Back
Top Bottom