FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I must have a different game than the people who say the game is different from the demo. Everything feels fine to me moving from the PC demo to the full game.

Edit: Even after the day one patch.

Last edited:

The day 1 patch feels more like FIFA 15 with an improved A.I. I told you the patch is going to screw up the game. Instead of making more first touch error, they reduced the first touch error even more and the slider doesn't work properly neither does the custom tactics. Disappointing.

The day 1 patch feels more like FIFA 15 with an improved A.I. I told you the patch is going to screw up the game. Instead of making more first touch error, they reduced the first touch error even more and the slider doesn't work properly neither does the custom tactics. Disappointing.

A question:are you obliged to apply the patch?
Even if you only play offline?

When You gonna gest a CD key from G2A guys? I have ordered the game being full of hope I will be able to test it up after midnight. :APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

I do agree with what some reviewers said about the top players.
When having Messi on the ball it's not easier to dribble past the players.

I am not saying it should be easy with him, certainly do not want Messi going past 6 players and scoring each time.

But..the difference between Messi and an average player is - to me - very minor.

well that has made it easier for me weather to buy both games this year. No doubt the 2nd patch will go even further

Been doing a career mode with Man Utd, World Class, semi passing, manual shooting and crossing (no slider settings)
results have been as follows:
Spurs 0-0
Aston Villa 0-0
Newcastle 0-0
Swansea 2-1 (W)
Liverpool 0-0
Southampton 2-0 (W)
Everton 0-0
Sunderland 1-0
Arsenal 1-1

good news is in FIFA 15 i was shocking with tactical defending, now i'm coping, the defensive AI is so much better. The major complaint is the pass accuracy of the CPU is always 88%+ and they don't seem to want to attack very often, just play keep ball, still very enjoyable and I revel in every goal I score, like it's an achievement.

I battle to break down defenses and I love that I have to play good football to do so. Just wish the CPU could be more direct at times. Maybe a few slider tweaks for that.

Last edited:

I do agree with what some reviewers said about the top players.
When having Messi on the ball it's not easier to dribble past the players.

I am not saying it should be easy with him, certainly do not want Messi going past 6 players and scoring each time.

But..the difference between Messi and an average player is - to me - very minor.
I agree with this.

I wouldn't say that every player feels the same because they don't - I tried out a young CAM playing as Liverpool who was 30 ratings less than anyone else in the first team, and he was useless positionally, and his passes were intercepted much more often.

But I don't feel like I can break away with a player unless they've already lost their marker before I pass the ball to them. Only then do they have the space to burst forward without an AI defender knocking the ball away (something I have great trouble with).

I think this is a sacrifice to keep the game operating on a "think about what you're doing" level rather than a "pass to the fast/tricky player and watch him beat four men and score a worldy" level.

It's not perfect, but I'll take it.

I think they'd have done better to make the defending more powerful, though. For me, defending is still a bit broken.

I run towards a player, hit that "invisible wall" that there is when you're pressing, and it's too easy to just jog/run past the guy who's directly in front of you. In real life I'm not going to "accidentally" run away from the guy, I'm going to stay with him, unless he tricks me. There's no trick required to do that in FIFA.

That's the most unrealistic thing to me. Legacy defending is more realistic, even though, again, it's not perfect.

I think this is a sacrifice to keep the game operating on a "think about what you're doing" level rather than a "pass to the fast/tricky player and watch him beat four men and score a worldy" level.

It's not perfect, but I'll take it.

I understand what you are saying, and see what they tried to do.
Must admit I do not like it though.

It’s great if you want to play games with hard fought battles in midfield.
But, every now and then I like doing an exhibition game with a top team and play either another top team, or an average team depending on my mood.
When playing with Messi, Ronaldo or comparable players against an average team, you should be able to pull off more. They should stand out a lot lot more than they do now in Fifa 16.
I mean, these guys score 50 goals a seaon, they score a huge amount of goals in the Champions Leauge, the best that Europe has to offer.
It's why people come to the stadium, you can feel it in the crowd when they get the ball....something is going to happen!

I really miss this in 16.
It’s good that it was toned down, compared to 15. But actually it’s not toning down, it is almost completely gone.
That’s – for me – the thing with Fifa (well with many series actually) instead of slightly improving / altering problems they often take it completely in the other direction.

Same thing with defending. It’s nice to see the CPU passing it around more. But on pro it is very very hard to catch the ball.
It’s realistic when you play against Barca, but playing against a shitty team has almost the same result.
To me this is not realistic.

I’ll try tinkering with the sliders some more to see if I can get better results, but so far this is what is starting to put me off.

I played some Fifa 15 yesterday to compare.
It is not a perfect game by far. But I managed to do some very nice low driven shots and it felt great.
There was no automatic placed shooting which also felt great.
I’ll try upping the marking / sprinting sliders for the cpu there to create a little more pressure in midfield (which was almost completely non existant) to see if that has a good effect.

In the end, I really do see what they are trying to do with 16. But – for me – they took big steps when perhaps baby steps were in order.

Been doing a career mode with Man Utd, World Class, semi passing, manual shooting and crossing (no slider settings)
results have been as follows:
Spurs 0-0
Aston Villa 0-0
Newcastle 0-0
Swansea 2-1 (W)
Liverpool 0-0
Southampton 2-0 (W)
Everton 0-0
Sunderland 1-0
Arsenal 1-1

good news is in FIFA 15 i was shocking with tactical defending, now i'm coping, the defensive AI is so much better. The major complaint is the pass accuracy of the CPU is always 88%+ and they don't seem to want to attack very often, just play keep ball, still very enjoyable and I revel in every goal I score, like it's an achievement.

I battle to break down defenses and I love that I have to play good football to do so. Just wish the CPU could be more direct at times. Maybe a few slider tweaks for that.

How long are you games? 6 minutes per half? What about high pressure to force them to attack or to lose the ball?

Yeah, well it's called It's "Share" now in Geforce Experience, both videos are set at 60fps and on my hard drive show as that.
Maybe that's why the speed is looking different because YT processed it down to 30fps but it's weird because YT allows 60fps for a long time now.

This is the kind of gameplay videos I'd like to see whenever we wait for them instead of the crappy arcadey ones we see every year.

It was enjoyable to watch? Found it quite a poor match to play as I made it hard for myself against a lower team, I was playing a 2nd string for every position though! ;)

Maybe that's why the speed is looking different because YT processed it down to 30fps but it's weird because YT allows 60fps for a long time now.

Well the second video I posted was recorded at the "game's resolution" which was 4k DSR so it's possible that messes things up? The 2nd one the league cup one I'd changed it to 1080 in "Share's" settings.

It was enjoyable to watch? Found it quite a poor match to play as I made it hard for myself against a lower team, I was playing a 2nd string for every position though! ;)

I did enjoy it yes. Made me want to buy Fifa. You've played around with the sliders right?

I'm really baffled after reading many posts like this (read on another forum):

"If someone has not noticed it yet final version gameplay (as all the years) is worst than the gameplay demo.

here are some of the Things That, in my opinion, are worse in the final version (I'm only talking about offline gameplay aainst the cpu):

- Game is faster anche Generally if you play at slow (and can not touch the speed and acceleration slides' cause they mess up everything else)
- Dribbling have become too easy once again
- Cpu defenders fall asleep once again (not as in 15 but still they defend worst)
- Attackers agility have been increased (especially When they run with the ball)
- Ball physic is different. The ball was heavier before.
- Stamina decreases less than in the demo "

So the final version seems not to be like the demo!
The dream is gone!
I think this year i'll skip both games (PES and Fifa)

Well on here I´ve read the opposite from a few users, which I find very legit.
So, I wouldn´t be worried.

Found a nice deal.
FIFA PC for 29,92 €
FUT edition 37,49 €

I was trying FUT in FIFA 15. It was fun creating a team and everything and couldn´t really get into myclub from PES.
But then I stopped it when I met FUT kiddies, playing like sprint whores running through my defense easily.

Somone on here said that in FUT there is the same pace.
I might give it another go probably, so really switching between these two options.....hmmmmmm.

Has someone else tried FUT or can´t you play it before tomorrow?
Or how is it online in general?
Is defending better than last year?

I did enjoy it yes. Made me want to buy Fifa. You've played around with the sliders right?

I think that match there were minor tweaks just to passing accuracy/ball control think that was about it, I tweaked a little more for my last match of the evening and it was more balanced, haven't posted the details because I just had time to take photos instead of writing the settings down but they're here:

http://imgur.com/a/AI9UE

The one match I tried on them:

So I was possibly a little too dominant but it's a good start to the tweaking :)

Perhaps the "superstar status" is toned down a bit, but I still manage to pull off nice bits of individual play with world class players. They should stand out a bit more from the CPU's perspective, though.

Like this penalty I just won with Suarez:
https://youtu.be/ELdxa5DPmFY

Last edited:

I think that match there were minor tweaks just to passing accuracy/ball control think that was about it, I tweaked a little more for my last match of the evening and it was more balanced, haven't posted the details because I just had time to take photos instead of writing the settings down but they're here:

http://imgur.com/a/AI9UE

The one match I tried on them:

So I was possibly a little too dominant but it's a good start to the tweaking :)

Thanks for posting these. Should do me good when/if I do buy Fifa.

Go for it! Will be the best week of your life. :SMUG:

Stop persuading me :BLEH:

They're selling it for AU$64 here so that's not bad.

Back
Top Bottom