FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Go for it, Lami. I think you'll enjoy it once you mess with some sliders! I'd definitely play around with pass error, touch error, etc. One thing I've noticed that's beginning to irk me is that, when I increase the touch error, the same type of wayward touch occurs over and over again (the one where the ball bounces fairly high when trying to control it).

Last edited:

I think that match there were minor tweaks just to passing accuracy/ball control think that was about it, I tweaked a little more for my last match of the evening and it was more balanced, haven't posted the details because I just had time to take photos instead of writing the settings down but they're here:

http://imgur.com/a/AI9UE

The one match I tried on them:

So I was possibly a little too dominant but it's a good start to the tweaking :)

Awesome! Does this mean teams like Barca will have higher passing accuracy than teams like Bournemouth? I really needed that.

I play on Xbox one and I really find the pitch too dark, is there something I can do? There is no problem with the cut scene, no light problem but when it fades back to the pitch, it's dark...

i like the demo so much i decide to go digital for fifa16. now i can play at midnight tonight :D

is there any full manual players that would like to play some matches some time ? season, pro clubs, co-op, is all good. on ps4 europe

Maybe that's why the speed is looking different because YT processed it down to 30fps but it's weird because YT allows 60fps for a long time now.
Nah, it's just the embedded videos on here. Click to watch both Placebo's videos on YouTube, they're in glorious 1080p / 60 fps on there! :APPLAUD:

Been doing a career mode with Man Utd, World Class, semi passing, manual shooting and crossing (no slider settings)
results have been as follows:
Spurs 0-0
Aston Villa 0-0
Newcastle 0-0
Swansea 2-1 (W)
Liverpool 0-0
Southampton 2-0 (W)
Everton 0-0
Sunderland 1-0
Arsenal 1-1

good news is in FIFA 15 i was shocking with tactical defending, now i'm coping, the defensive AI is so much better. The major complaint is the pass accuracy of the CPU is always 88%+ and they don't seem to want to attack very often, just play keep ball, still very enjoyable and I revel in every goal I score, like it's an achievement.

I battle to break down defenses and I love that I have to play good football to do so. Just wish the CPU could be more direct at times. Maybe a few slider tweaks for that.

Was there any difference in the matches? Did it feel like you had to adjust to, say, the pace of Lukaku with Everton or the physicality of Pelle?

Combing through the FIFA Reddit and comments like this make me happy on the inside.

iovuzyw.png

My word, a player miscontrolled a pass? Blasphemy. I swear some people's perception of what football is, is based solely on what they see in video games. I love that players take poor touches!

It's funny how so many people are complaining that their passes aren't going to their intended destination when I'm having zero problems on manual. Perhaps it's an assisted thing. MANUAL PLAYERS FINALLY GET THEIR DAY IN THE SUN? :SMUG: Seriously, though. Is the passing actually broken on assisted? Perhaps I should try it out.

Awesome! Does this mean teams like Barca will have higher passing accuracy than teams like Bournemouth? I really needed that.

I'd imagine Barca will have higher passing accuracy than just about any other team but yes once you get the slider balance right you still retain the core personality of the team, good passing sides will still pass better than bad passing sides.

even for assisted matches ive always thought that assisted shooting and crossing is too limited, and semi-assisted is the more effective option. maybe in 16 this now applies to normal passing aswell? so these players complaning about passing should try it on semi-assisted and see if that makes it better

Combing through the FIFA Reddit and comments like this make me happy on the inside.

iovuzyw.png

My word, a player miscontrolled a pass? Blasphemy. I swear some people's perception of what football is, is based solely on what they see in video games. I love that players take poor touches!

It's funny how so many people are complaining that their passes aren't going to their intended destination when I'm having zero problems on manual. Perhaps it's an assisted thing. MANUAL PLAYERS FINALLY GET THEIR DAY IN THE SUN? :SMUG: Seriously, though. Is the passing actually broken on assisted? Perhaps I should try it out.

54 Rocket League players upvoted that.

I understand what you are saying, and see what they tried to do.
Must admit I do not like it though.

It’s great if you want to play games with hard fought battles in midfield.
But, every now and then I like doing an exhibition game with a top team and play either another top team, or an average team depending on my mood.
When playing with Messi, Ronaldo or comparable players against an average team, you should be able to pull off more. They should stand out a lot lot more than they do now in Fifa 16.
I mean, these guys score 50 goals a seaon, they score a huge amount of goals in the Champions Leauge, the best that Europe has to offer.
It's why people come to the stadium, you can feel it in the crowd when they get the ball....something is going to happen!

I really miss this in 16.
It’s good that it was toned down, compared to 15. But actually it’s not toning down, it is almost completely gone.
That’s – for me – the thing with Fifa (well with many series actually) instead of slightly improving / altering problems they often take it completely in the other direction.

Same thing with defending. It’s nice to see the CPU passing it around more. But on pro it is very very hard to catch the ball.
It’s realistic when you play against Barca, but playing against a shitty team has almost the same result.
To me this is not realistic.

I’ll try tinkering with the sliders some more to see if I can get better results, but so far this is what is starting to put me off.

I played some Fifa 15 yesterday to compare.
It is not a perfect game by far. But I managed to do some very nice low driven shots and it felt great.
There was no automatic placed shooting which also felt great.
I’ll try upping the marking / sprinting sliders for the cpu there to create a little more pressure in midfield (which was almost completely non existant) to see if that has a good effect.

In the end, I really do see what they are trying to do with 16. But – for me – they took big steps when perhaps baby steps were in order.

To what extent are you guys not seeing the difference? It's difficult for me to comment because I know I'm on professional, and all these questions are so subjective. But I personally feel in the demo as though Sterling and Reus are standout dribblers, particularly attacking the box from an angle, and that Aguero is a handful on the ball owing to his pace and agility. It probably could stand to be a bit more, admittedly.

I felt as though PES had the same gap between dribbling abilities, the problem being that the lower end dribblers were way too effective - Iturrbe is almost unstoppable on the ball, but Nainggolan is not that far behind.

Has dribbling momentum been improved in FIFA since last year? Wonder if it's meant that the top players feel like they've been restricted, when actually they've just been made believable.

Are custom tactics working?

Ignore this and you're dead.

To what extent are you guys not seeing the difference? It's difficult for me to comment because I know I'm on professional, and all these questions are so subjective. But I personally feel in the demo as though Sterling and Reus are standout dribblers, particularly attacking the box from an angle, and that Aguero is a handful on the ball owing to his pace and agility. It probably could stand to be a bit more, admittedly.

I felt as though PES had the same gap between dribbling abilities, the problem being that the lower end dribblers were way too effective - Iturrbe is almost unstoppable on the ball, but Nainggolan is not that far behind.

Has dribbling momentum been improved in FIFA since last year? Wonder if it's meant that the top players feel like they've been restricted, when actually they've just been made believable.

I also play on pro, and i'm not seeing it.
Could be just me coming to terms with the gameplay but in my opinion the big stars do not stand out enough.

I thought so as well to be honest, but contact!

1aIgjXe.png

:YES:

Nah he steps around it and totally misses the contact and then goes down a second later ;)

What I really liked about that though was the whole animation. The side step, the contact (that's there) and the fact the game triggered it at the right time, the second he tries to move his left leg and it clips him. Not, at the moment the tackle button is pressed and the game already knows the outcome as it used to.

This version is really entertaining. A lot of realistic random factors playing a role during game play.

Nah he steps around it and totally misses the contact and then goes down a second later ;)

What I really liked about that though was the whole animation. The side step, the contact (that's there) and the fact the game triggered it at the right time, the second he tries to move his left leg and it clips him. Not, at the moment the tackle button is pressed and the game already knows the outcome as it used to.

Nah, I know. I was being cheeky. I completely agree which is why I recorded it, and watched it several times from multiple angles. I don't think I've ever seen a penalty quite like that in a video game. :THINK: I found it somewhat fascinating (even though it's rather simple in reality). Then again, I'm the type of person that finds those little bits of play interesting.

Has anybody encountered the bug in full game were corners are wrongly given ie shoot just past post, keeper dives but does not touch & corner is given or attacker headers from corner over bar & another corner is given?

Playing on World Class, and also online, I see it too for sure. Could it be better? Absolutely - controlling Messi in PES feels like what you'd expect in a way that FIFA doesn't match.

But I play as Dortmund mostly, and I see clear differences in how Reus, Kagawa, Aubameyang, and Mkhitaryan handle. Reus has speed and agility and is lethal cutting in from wings; Mkhitaryan is less lethal from the other wing because he lacks the pace but is better in tight spaces than Reus; Kagawa is awesome in tight spaces and is a better passer than the other two; Aubameyang has pace but lacks control. (Meanwhile fucking Bender can't be relied on at all to retain possession in the attacking third.)

I'd say players perform differently for sure, though they don't feel as unique when handling compared with PES.

I think people are frustrated with Superstars not feeling like Superstars this year because last year they were way overpowered because of the terrible defending. So getting a goal or two per game with Reus, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, or Neymar were common because of how easy it was.

I'm not positive but it also seems like dribbling agility might have been reigned in somewhat, and I just wonder if that's because the 1-on-1 defending mechanics in FIFA are just not good enough. I'm wondering if PES can have the better dribbling - or at least the ceiling is higher in PES for dribbling ability - partly because also in PES tackling is a much more sure thing.

Last edited:

Playing on World Class, and also online, I see it too for sure. Could it be better? Absolutely - controlling Messi in PES feels like what you'd expect in a way that FIFA doesn't match.

But I play as Dortmund mostly, and I see clear differences in how Reus, Kagawa, Aubameyang, and Mkhitaryan handle. Reus has speed and agility and is lethal cutting in from wings; Mkhitaryan is less lethal from the other wing because he lacks the pace but is better in tight spaces than Reus; Kagawa is awesome in tight spaces and is a better passer than the other two; Aubameyang has pace but lacks control. (Meanwhile fucking Bender can't be relied on at all to retain possession in the attacking third.)

I'd say players perform differently for sure, though they don't feel as unique when handling compared with PES.

I think people are frustrated with Superstars not feeling like Superstars this year because last year they were way overpowered because of the terrible defending. So getting a goal or two per game with Reus, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, or Neymar were common because of how easy it was.

I'm not positive but it also seems like dribbling agility might have been reigned in somewhat, and I just wonder if that's because the 1-on-1 defending mechanics in FIFA are just not good enough. I'm wondering if PES can have the better dribbling - or at least the ceiling is higher in PES for dribbling ability - partly because also in PES tackling is a much more sure thing.

Personality is definitely feelable, it could be better for sure..

I often play with Fenerbahce in online seasons..Players definitely feel different. Nani has agility and amazing dribling skills.It's easy to dribble with him. Diego has vision and passing skills.He is the best passer in the team. Markovic has pace , he is really hard to reach but he is not good with the ball other than sprinting forward. Van Persie is deadly in the box.If you let him control the ball around the box , he will definitely punish you..

Now this could be just because I've played it more and got better at it, but I think on the full game, dribbling is easier and players have better agility when turning.

Am I imagining this or has anyone else noticed the same thing. Still awesome mind but I preferred the clunkier feeling I had when playing the demo.

I also wish there was better camera angle variations.I'd love one that was like 'pitch side' on PES, or even if you could zoom out and lower it a bit more on 'Broadcast.'

Other than that, awesome game.

Back
Top Bottom