FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

nah. after further testing, i should say everything still feels the same for me.

like it too.

how do you get its "much" better from that, it looks exactly the same as the PC version to me. Maybe it will be different playing it but it certainly wont be £400 better

Kind of a ridiculous thing to monetize the jump to next gen FIFA like that. No game is worth 400 alone and it's not like people are buying next gen consoles for the sole purpose of playing FIFA 14.

And haven't we all learned by now that these vids are terrible representations of how the games actually play?

FIFA 14 was never going to be 'nextgen' just think of it like FIFA 07 on the 360, if FIFA 15 looks as 'samey' as the PS3/360 version then I'll be really disappointed but don't expect much this year, its just an introduction and a way to make a quick buck for those dumb enough to get it ;))

One game played, but the only thing I noticed is that maybe, just maybe, headers aren't so auto-aimed now, as I've seen two or three of them go off-target.

Post of the day! Thanks bud. Will be waiting for the ps3 version of the update now. Online will get so much better!

the game is still the same. they just posted the patch notes. some fixes for freezes and small bugs only, nothing gameplay related.

Last edited:

is it me or its more enjoyable to play a Chesterfield - Stevenage match online than a Barca - Real? xD the pace is still pretty much "fast", no goal fest but really exciting and because the attackers are worse the defence is much better (tactical defending)

Last edited:
No I think they did a silent fix or smtg. In div 3 today, conceded no goals at all from crosses. It seems assisted is like semi assisted now. Nice one EA. What a fun day!

dont know if any of you are interested but there is a career mode editor now for the PS3 but it only changes your transfer budget/wage allocation (ie you can have 99 million) I guess it can come in handy say if you win everything and feel your finances should be better the next season compared to what the game gives you by default

http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/29417-[release]-ps3-xbox-360-fifa-14-manager/

I know it says 360 but its for PS3 aswell now.you need a USB stick to put your career save on then open it with the program on windows by dragging the 3 data files into it

Last edited:

And haven't we all learned by now that these vids are terrible representations of how the games actually play?

Exactly. PES 2014 is a prime example of that.

For what it's worth, and I'm leaving myself wide open to be hammered from all sides here, but I've seen much better quality videos of the PS4 version and it looks much better than the current PC version. More animations, better lighting, more detail, better crowds, players look like they have a 'weightier' feel to them.

Before anyone goes ape over that, it's purely because next gen is a new 'ish' version with a new engine, PC version is just current gen with sharper graphics.

I think the next gen version looks great and I'm looking forward to having the game on release day.

Next gen gameplay:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Next Gen Gameplay - Real Madrid vs Man City

Much better than current gen in my opinion!

It's difficult to get excited for this (not this video in particular, but next-gen FIFA in general) after seeing videos of NBA 2K14. Visual Concepts rebuilt the game for next-gen consoles and it shows. Granted they're dealing with a smaller player count and a limited number of teams so they can really focus on individual detail/animations. The official trailer for FIFA 14 was also quite underwhelming (except for the crowds/stadiums). I suppose it's to be expected from first run sports game on new hardware.

Last edited:

It's difficult to get excited for this (not this video in particular, but next-gen FIFA in general) after seeing videos of NBA 2K14. Visual Concepts rebuilt the game for next-gen consoles and it shows. Granted they're dealing with a smaller player count and a limited number of teams so they can really focus on individual detail/animations. The official trailer for FIFA 14 was also quite underwhelming (except for the crowds/stadiums). I suppose it's to be expected from first run sports game on new hardware.

I'm not sure if it's true or not but I've heard from several hardcore basketball fans that NBA 2K14 does a better job of getting the visuals right than the actual fundamentals of basketball. FIFA is the only sports title that I play, so I've no personal experience with NBA 2K myself.

For what it's worth, and I'm leaving myself wide open to be hammered from all sides here, but I've seen much better quality videos of the PS4 version and it looks much better than the current PC version. More animations, better lighting, more detail, better crowds, players look like they have a 'weightier' feel to them.

Before anyone goes ape over that, it's purely because next gen is a new 'ish' version with a new engine, PC version is just current gen with sharper graphics.

I think the next gen version looks great and I'm looking forward to having the game on release day.
Hope EA bring Ignite Engine to PC next year...

...But I have to recognize that if they did that this year I wouldn't be capable of play the game, as my PC isn't very good for gaming.

Despite the bad press EA received, I suppose they made that decisión because lots of PC players who play FIFA (which aren't exactly the kind of hardcore gamers who spend lots of money on building a good rig) don't have a good enough PC to play Ignite Engine version (which currently is just a HD port, I know, but sure it demands higher requirements). Of course there's also the "contracts" with Sony and MS to promote their new consoles with a worldwide-known game like FIFA.

Anyway, next year people will be more aware to upgrade their rigs, so I expect a PS4-like FIFA 15 for PC. I will be dissapointed if they don't.

Last edited:

dont know if any of you are interested but there is a career mode editor now for the PS3 but it only changes your transfer budget/wage allocation (ie you can have 99 million) I guess it can come in handy say if you win everything and feel your finances should be better the next season compared to what the game gives you by default

http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/29417-[release]-ps3-xbox-360-fifa-14-manager/

I know it says 360 but its for PS3 aswell now.you need a USB stick to put your career save on then open it with the program on windows by dragging the 3 data files into it

Aha very useful, I wouldn't normally advocate cheating but I think the new scouting system is ridiculously restricted so I certainly would have no qualms about adding enough money to buy 6 quality scouts, I somewhat did the same for my 360 CM by transferring in some of the higher value free transfer players to sell for scouting funds but this way would be better, hope there's a PS4 version when it's out! ;)

Hope EA bring Ignite Engine to PC next year...

...But I have to recognize that if they did that this year I wouldn't be capable of play the game, as my PC isn't very good for gaming.

Despite the bad press EA received, I suppose they made that decisión because lots of PC players who play FIFA (which aren't exactly the kind of hardcore gamers who spend lots of money on building a good rig) don't have a good enough PC to play Ignite Engine version (which currently is just a HD port, I know, but sure it demands higher requirements). Of course there's also the "contracts" with Sony and MS to promote their new consoles with a worldwide-known game like FIFA.

Anyway, next year people will be more aware to upgrade their rigs, so I expect a PS4-like FIFA 15 for PC. I will be dissapointed if they don't.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but don't think that will be happening soon. I would say, situation will repeat what we saw with PS2/PS3 versions, holding PC users back for 3-4 years after NG release.

So I would say if we are to see FIFA on Ignite it will be on FIFA 18... Unless they want to sell NBA Live again on PCs... Then maybe sooner ;).

As for not powerful enough machines to run it, well don't believe this shit.

Battlefield 4 runs very good here (and that game is full NG). It comes down to optimization. People said that PS3 version wouldn't run on PCs, yet when they ported it finally, the requirements were pretty low.

But exclusiveness costs money and new consoles need to sale. Can understand that decision better like that. ;)

How does this work on XBox? I download the program, that's fine. So how do I then get the files I need from my XBox to the program in order to tweak?

Move your save to a usb drive. Insert a flashdrive into the 360, format it for the 360, move your save onto it, then take the flashdrive and put it in your PC.

r u sure the update dont touch the gameplay?...i just played my first 2 games with the update and i conceded 6 goals and EVERY GOAL WAS A HEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please guys check it out if its placebo or they bought back the header bug

The heading was never addressed really.

I scored lots on first update too despite them saying the issue was addressed, well, it wasn't really :P.

Can't wait to see you going ape shit after a few online games. Specially in corner kicks. It will be nothing compared to what you've posted about PES.

Maybe I'm wrong and EA will fix crosses/headers accuracy and defenders awareness for next-gen versions...

Last edited:

Turned on the PS3 for a game of Fifa just now and was told to download an update, 1.03. Did so, and now the game is just hyper fast again - what the hell? Why do EA keep making this game so incredibly fast? It's ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom