FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

omg what have they done with this latest patch?????!!!

whats up with all these dramatic matches??

i lead by 1 the opponent guy has nothing to do with the result and he scores out of nowher A HEADER in the first half....then finally in the 2nd half i can score after 16 shots a 2nd goal. lead has taken...BUT 89. minutes a rebounder fucking ridicilous HEADER goal...2-2. ITS PES ALL OVER FIFA!!!!!!!!!!! noooooooooooo

Version 0.8.5 changelog
---------------------------------

* Database Default Improved, 2.0 and 2.0 Matrix
- Added managers and stadiums names.
- Fixed problems with boots and missing balls.
* Liga Zon Sagres Kits : numbers and fonts fixed
* Faces missing in previous update.
- Pirlo
- J. Boateng hair updated
* Fixed white gloves problem
* La Liga Adboards
* CSKA Russian PL GK Kit

Version 0.8 changelog
-------------------------------

* Database 2.0 according to latest EA Update.
* Database 2.0 Matrix Stats
* Fixed Paraguay and Venezuela rosters.
* Serie B : licensed kits for all teams. Thanks to L77 from www.fifamania.it
* Liga Zon Sagres : licensed kits for missing teams
* UEFA Champions Leagues Kits for teams currently playing the tournament
* UEFA Europa League : Tottenham Kits
* Boots Pack by nabo78. More than 700 boots to be assigned.
* Nike Incyte Hi-Vis Balls : Serie A, EPL, LFP
* Updated EPL Scoreboard by Evolution
* New Faces
* New Version MW Selector
* Fixed bugs

Hard working guys :P.

omg what have they done with this latest patch?????!!!

whats up with all these dramatic matches??

i lead by 1 the opponent guy has nothing to do with the result and he scores out of nowher A HEADER in the first half....then finally in the 2nd half i can score after 16 shots a 2nd goal. lead has taken...BUT 89. minutes a rebounder fucking ridicilous HEADER goal...2-2. ITS PES ALL OVER FIFA!!!!!!!!!!! noooooooooooo

Having played daily for the entire last week thanks to the awesome game called pes 2014, I've a strong inclination to think they update gameplay not in a patch but more silently in a subtle manner. You can actually feel the changes every few days. Not complaining though cus I hardly concede corners and headers compared to the start of the week.

Hello

I've never played Fifa before and always been strictly Pes. This year konami really treating us like shit though, and I'm thinking of trying out Fifa 14 for ps3 so I can have a proper footy game to play during the winter. I'm gonna wait til konami releases their latest patch but if they it doesnt upgrade the gameplay by much I will maybe go for fifa.

Being a total stranger to fifa I'd like to get som thing cleared out. My impression was always that Fifa is a "monotone" game with not much individuality and some sort of baloon/ice-hockey feel to it. The reason Fifa 14 attracts me is that I think it has begun reminding a bit of Pes overall with better footplanting and more real football (not saying that pes has not been shit last yrs). But how is the individuality in Fifa 14? Do you feel a lot of difference in close control, agility, first touch, teamwork, stamina etc? Is it more distinguisable than in previous versions? Is it easy to control the ball? Can you still play as good as Xavi on the midfield with some random player? How is passing and the overall impact of player stats? Can you play as Roma and boss around with Totti and feel like "yeah, this is Totti" and not some sort of speed monster or random player? Also, do you change some stats by yourself or is every player well represented? Cause I remember in last years Fifa I heard Javier Zanetti had really low stamina and bad stats overall just because he is old.. Is that kind of ignorance present in Fifa 14? And do you mess up the game if you fiddle with stats by yourself? Like I bet Cristiano is overpowered in dribbling, can I tone it down by myself? Is speed well balanced in players?

And what about those gameplay sliders? Never seen such before. I see you can adjust speed, first touch and so on. Does this mean all players gets adjusted equally and do they still keep their individuality (I persume they do)? What happens if you dont touch them, and if you touch them, won't you just end upp changing them forever to find the 'sweet spot'?

And what about these automatic updates of stats accoring to how a player performs? How often do they occur, and lets say I am in a career mode offline and suddenly some players stats will upgrade in the game, will it be directly reflected in my career mode save? I am almost solely an offline player btw, and I am sure Fifas "league mode" is more fresh and enjoyable than Pes? I prefer League mode over Master League since a like to keep authenticity and a "real life" experience without doing my own transfers. Just enjoying pure football.

Thanks in advance, really would appreciate some feedback.

Last edited:

header header header goals everywhere!!!

and people online are playing for headers fucking joke...naahhh
Yep, online this game is a joke.

Corner kicks are pretty much penalties - both for and against me, a stupid proportion of them end up in the back of the net regardless of how well the scorer is marked.

I tried playing decent football in UT with technically gifted players for a few matches, but got absolutely no time on the ball... So I then get Biabiany and Ibarbo and abuse the shit out of sprint/pace/crossing and win 9 consecutive online games playing absolutely shite one dimensional repetitive football. That's what this game rewards.

I tried a few manual games in Seasons and they weren't much better - the physics of long balls are terrible and the defenders react to and intercept/control the ball far too quickly/precisely so trying to slide the ball through a small gap is just giving it away... So the matches ended up just being sprint-fests where I just did skill moves to get past defenders and only passed when it was a clear pass to an unmarked player... Ended up scoring loads of headers in these games too, mostly from deliberately winning corners...

Offline with sliders... Sounds like it could bring substantial improvements, but single player has never been my thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

i dunno it became more serious than just headers...i was all over my last 4 opponnents but its like an invisible barrier over his goal line, his keeper become super strong, my superstars misses from 2 meter and so on, ball possesion and shooting i won with ease but again...i concede headers and dumb goals...

why?

is there a form simulator in seasons? i lost my first 4 matches AND IM NOT ABLE TO WIN FROM NOW!!!! no chance, any of you would be crying if u would have seen my last 6 matches what a fake ass PES drama here, thats why i hate PES and now its present in FIFA too ...cool...

this season was a joke, since the last update...my 80-90 matches before were cool tho

Last edited:

It definitely seems like there's some sort of scripting in online matches. In some matches all of the deflections/second balls will go straight to your players and you will score really jammy goals while the opponent keeps hitting shots to your keeper, yet in other matches it all happens in the opponent's favour. I'd put it down to pure luck, but it seems to clearly affect one match at a time in favour of you or the opponent... One game you'll create loads of chances and have 10 shots to 0 goals, the next you'll get battered but just whip in 4 crosses... 4 shots and 4 goals.

It also often feels like if one team has a one goal lead going into the final 15 minutes of the match, the losing side get a boost so as to give them a chance or two before full time. When people do nothing all game and it's 15-0 on shots, 60-40 possession and I've had all of the territory, I really doubt if the game played out to it's conclusion without scripting that the last part of the match would become such a grind so often. You get that same feeling of "they're going to score no matter how I try to stop this" in the same way as the blatant PES ML cheating so usually I just keep hold of throw ins for as long as I can or make the goalkeeper hold it in his hands, then just kick it out for a throw near the opponents corner flag and box them in until the whistle if I can...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello

I've never played Fifa before and always been strictly Pes. This year konami really treating us like shit though, and I'm thinking of trying out Fifa 14 for ps3 so I can have a proper footy game to play during the winter. I'm gonna wait til konami releases their latest patch but if they it doesnt upgrade the gameplay by much I will maybe go for fifa.

Being a total stranger to fifa I'd like to get som thing cleared out. My impression was always that Fifa is a "monotone" game with not much individuality and some sort of baloon/ice-hockey feel to it. The reason Fifa 14 attracts me is that I think it has begun reminding a bit of Pes overall with better footplanting and more real football (not saying that pes has not been shit last yrs). But how is the individuality in Fifa 14? Do you feel a lot of difference in close control, agility, first touch, teamwork, stamina etc? Is it more distinguisable than in previous versions? Is it easy to control the ball? Can you still play as good as Xavi on the midfield with some random player? How is passing and the overall impact of player stats? Can you play as Roma and boss around with Totti and feel like "yeah, this is Totti" and not some sort of speed monster or random player? Also, do you change some stats by yourself or is every player well represented? Cause I remember in last years Fifa I heard Javier Zanetti had really low stamina and bad stats overall just because he is old.. Is that kind of ignorance present in Fifa 14? And do you mess up the game if you fiddle with stats by yourself? Like I bet Cristiano is overpowered in dribbling, can I tone it down by myself? Is speed well balanced in players?

And what about those gameplay sliders? Never seen such before. I see you can adjust speed, first touch and so on. Does this mean all players gets adjusted equally and do they still keep their individuality (I persume they do)? What happens if you dont touch them, and if you touch them, won't you just end upp changing them forever to find the 'sweet spot'?

And what about these automatic updates of stats accoring to how a player performs? How often do they occur, and lets say I am in a career mode offline and suddenly some players stats will upgrade in the game, will it be directly reflected in my career mode save? I am almost solely an offline player btw, and I am sure Fifas "league mode" is more fresh and enjoyable than Pes? I prefer League mode over Master League since a like to keep authenticity and a "real life" experience without doing my own transfers. Just enjoying pure football.

Thanks in advance, really would appreciate some feedback.

I've been into pro Evo since day one but after this year I needed something new, glad I did.

This year with the new foot planting you do really feel the difference in the players, the weight of them in which they turn, not only that the passing, crossing and shooting of the players all feel different, you actually feel like you are going to add something different to your team when you buy a player, rather than just pace or strength which were for me the main attributes that mattered in last FIFA games.

I think you would struggle for a while with the defending, it's not as simplified as PES and you will concede wtf goals at first, but the game is so damn playable and exciting, I don't mess about too much with the sliders, just decreasing acceleration speed to make it less quick feeling.

For me the game is amazing this year, can't believe I'm saying that as the last FIFA I like was 09.

i dunno it became more serious than just headers...i was all over my last 4 opponnents but its like an invisible barrier over his goal line, his keeper become super strong, my superstars misses from 2 meter and so on, ball possesion and shooting i won with ease but again...i concede headers and dumb goals...

why?

is there a form simulator in seasons? i lost my first 4 matches AND IM NOT ABLE TO WIN FROM NOW!!!! no chance, any of you would be crying if u would have seen my last 6 matches what a fake ass PES drama here, thats why i hate PES and now its present in FIFA too ...cool...

this season was a joke, since the last update...my 80-90 matches before were cool tho
Handicap...

It clearly exists. And I can say it both favoured and f***** me. I suppose EA puts this shit to avoid lots of people abandon the game due to always losing games, and EA doesn't want that (FUT, spending real money).

I am going nuts. Either it's my feeling or after last patch... Game became much faster...

It is a lot faster! I thought I had found the perfect sliders, then had to update the latest patch, and boom, back to square one, except it's just a lot faster, and I can't for the life of me figure out what's better about this new patch! Bloody useless.

Examples of Handicap...

Z8Q8KTm.gif

xmrTNzB.gif

Last edited:

First one could happen ;).

2nd one looks like a bug with Impact Engine.

YouTube - FIFA 13 - Scripting Does Exist, EA Lie!

But this explains it a lot better. I have not experienced it myself, but watched Fluo videos and HE was handicapped in some games. Impossible to defend, tripple rebounds going to OPPONENT player all the time, switching to correct player not working, when opponent drew and he was all over opponent, he couldn't score as his GK went crazy good all of the sudden or started to hit post/bar (being all manual player it's outrageous XD).

One off day? Nope.

I've been into pro Evo since day one but after this year I needed something new, glad I did.

This year with the new foot planting you do really feel the difference in the players, the weight of them in which they turn, not only that the passing, crossing and shooting of the players all feel different, you actually feel like you are going to add something different to your team when you buy a player, rather than just pace or strength which were for me the main attributes that mattered in last FIFA games.

I think you would struggle for a while with the defending, it's not as simplified as PES and you will concede wtf goals at first, but the game is so damn playable and exciting, I don't mess about too much with the sliders, just decreasing acceleration speed to make it less quick feeling.

For me the game is amazing this year, can't believe I'm saying that as the last FIFA I like was 09.

Thank you.

w7bo9k.jpg

Took over Man Utd in Career mode, 1st Season Champs Cup :).

Drew first time, then drew 2nd time :D.

Real life groups ta-da :D.

I got to play about 4 games on the PS4 version today in game I wanted to play the AI but had to play another few lads because of the queue.

First things first the Graphics were good of course when you tackle the grass rips up and grass/chunks fly in the air when you do a bad tackle

the ball boys throw the ball back as we know its actually much better than your player running after it all the time

the ref was REALLY strict I hope that carrys on against the CPU he called loads of fouls

didnt notice any major offsides like CG

dribbling tighter

shooting felt no different to me compared to CG and neither did the actual speed although im not sure what it was set to

passing felt the same BUT it goes where you want it to didnt see any times where It went backwards like in CG

cursor switching no problem at all

slide tackles much better in fact alot better against another player at least but get called for fouls alot even with standing tackle

The animations the way players move are alot more realistic the slight stiffness has gone thats in CG they move smoothly still some slight skating

GK use their hands more in one on ones instead of legs a few times the keeper got down really fast to palm it away

crowd wasnt amazing imo but improved

still missing individuality I feel for certain players

all in all id say yes its an improvement over CG its like an ironed out version I was expected alot more from a first go I wasnt blown away it isnt light years away from CG its like the older more mature brother if that makes sense? you can certainly see CG in it I doubt I will purchase it given the extra cost I just think the leap isnt big enough hope im proved wrong when people play the full game and find out alot more

Last edited:

It was the same for me for first 1-5 games, then I come back to PES. :SMUG:

That next gen video is really seriously impressive for a first attempt at a new engine.

Roll on two weeks time.

Btw the patch that came out on CG seems to have made some nice gameplay tweaks in terms of passing weight and responsiveness?

on my ps3 hd youtube ap the 2 videos look very good ,if this is normal speed they are playing ,
playing on slow speed with adjusted sliders should be great .
am normaly a pes player ,but liked fifa 9,10 and 11 when pes was at its worst ,because of the pes 14 fiasco
deciided to buy fifa 14 ,on slow speed with adjusted sliders the best football game for ps3 .
next gen looks great ,better grafics , more animations ,bettter ai .
yes playermodels seem better than cg ,but need to improve next year .
would also like an option to change hairstyles.
for instance cleverley looks great on pes 2014 ,with a simular hairstyle to choose for fifa 14 it would look much better .
also celebrations after winning cups or leagues or promotions could be much better .
but already looking forward to playing fifa 14 on my ps4 .
hope for more youtube vids now ,with teams like aston villa,southampton on a generic stadium.

Back
Top Bottom