FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

That next gen video is really seriously impressive for a first attempt at a new engine.

Roll on two weeks time.

Btw the patch that came out on CG seems to have made some nice gameplay tweaks in terms of passing weight and responsiveness?

it quite clearly isn't a new engine, its 95% FIFA 14 on PS3/360.

Last edited:

Is anyone level 105 or above? Looking to get high socks for my pro but unable to so far. Whatever I can gift I will in exchange. Gamer tag is ausmara

Gotto love that accent! Mmmmyeah. :D Haha, listening to those guys is hilarious. I have to say it looks pretty damn good though, even though I can't really get to see the video in HD. I click 720, but the display is nowhere near it, really.

Another couple here by the way;
YouTube - [EXCLUSIVE] FIFA 14 Next-Gen - First Ever Gameplay !

YouTube - NEXT GEN FIFA 14 | EL CLASSICO FC BARCELONA - REAL MADRID FULL GAMEPLAY [HD+ XBOX ONE / PS4]

The animations look stiff when they are running. Look at their hands. Did they break their hands lol.

FIFA 14 has been out for the best part of six weeks now, and has once again sold well. Over its five platforms (including iOS) the game has shifted an impressive 5.6 million units worldwide. To put that into some sort of perspective, FIFA 13 shipped over 13 million copies last year (and is still selling) and with the next generation consoles set to enhance sales further, the Christmas period should see those sales double in 2014!

Whilst PES 2014 received decent reviews, the 300,000 units sold worldwide pales in significance. Another victory for the mass marketing and heavily sponsored EA Sports game.

It’s also who noting that whilst PS4 and X Box One will increase sales slightly further, any games selling well in a year that has seen a new Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto is obviously a major player.

FIFA 14 has been out for the best part of six weeks now, and has once again sold well. Over its five platforms (including iOS) the game has shifted an impressive 5.6 million units worldwide. To put that into some sort of perspective, FIFA 13 shipped over 13 million copies last year (and is still selling) and with the next generation consoles set to enhance sales further, the Christmas period should see those sales double in 2014!

Whilst PES 2014 received decent reviews, the 300,000 units sold worldwide pales in significance. Another victory for the far superior game.

It’s also who noting that whilst PS4 and X Box One will increase sales slightly further, any games selling well in a year that has seen a new Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto is obviously a major player.

There ya go.

It was taken from SG :).

I believe when they mentioned sposored, they meant heavily advertised game.

This would hold true if I am honest. Everywhere in EPL there are FIFA adds all over the place.

UK is one of biggest FIFA selling markets too ;).

However, if I am to be fair, FIFA is indeed far superior to PES. It's like comparing NBA 2k14 to NBA Live/Elite 08 :P

Last edited:

it kinda is

btw, the last patch definitely brought some gameplay tweaks. i hate this, because it messes my sliders, grrrrr. stop it ea, it's fine now!

i noticed two main changes. one is great: shots are faster. i can actually play on slow speed with default shot speed and feel good about it.

the other change is whatever. difficulty has been toned down, cpu is a bit more inept. i felt a need to increase the difficulty in my sliders immediately after the patch was installed. i thought it could be placebo at first, but it isn't. if i go back to my old settings, cpu gets annihilated, while it was fairly balanced before.

couldn't notice a change in pass physics, but i wouldn't be surprised if there were any.

regarding next-gen: boring boring boring. not buying.

there are 2 more youtube vids out from same event today , brasil vs argentina in wembley (great goal)
and one with milan vs inter in san siro .
looking great for next gen.
the added animations make such a difference.:SMUG:

there are 2 more youtube vids out from same event today , brasil vs argentina in wembley (great goal)
and one with milan vs inter in san siro .
looking great for next gen.
the added animations make such a difference.:SMUG:

Do you have a link at all for the Brazil match?

for brasil youtube vid ,look with :
exclusif fifa next gen gameplay -today.
(am using my ps3 webbrowser)

Love the Man Utd vs Arsenal video

The crowd, replays, animation and presentation look amazing and fluid

Watching all these next gen vids is kind of ruining my current gen experience now. Think I might lay off it now and just wait for X1 version. Very excited!

I think I'm pretty much done playing CG now anyways with NG so close, and not bothering to watch any gameplay vids of NG either, pointless, be here soon enough :)

Really hoping the stamina model is fixed in NG, absolute joke in CG you don't even need to make any substitutions, players are still at 70%+ stamina after 80 minutes, even with players who have something like 65 for stamina.

I think I'm pretty much done playing CG now anyways with NG so close, and not bothering to watch any gameplay vids of NG either, pointless, be here soon enough :)

Really hoping the stamina model is fixed in NG, absolute joke in CG you don't even need to make any substitutions, players are still at 70%+ stamina after 80 minutes, even with players who have something like 65 for stamina.

Yep, totally agree about the stupid stamina. Need more CPU fouls too, a biggie for me!

Not seeing that much changes myself, but they have crowd choreography in Friendlies which are derbies. You can feel the atmosphere better :D.

Loving the new replay cameras. Wondering if they will add new cameras for users to use too?

Loving the default camera on NG. Still think they could make goals bigger and player models need overhaul for next FIFA iteration (I wouldn't mind copying PES here).

Loving the default camera on NG.
Why on earth they removed it? :RANT::RANT::RANT:
It was the best camera available for CG, but thanks to the moaners who wanted that unplayable old dynamic camera (you don't see anything there, too close), we've been left without the new one.

The worst part will be when people play NG and say "great camera, put it on CG, please". It was already there!

Can't decide whether to get FIFA on the PS4 or not. I've got it on the PC already but hoping for some decent impressions about whether it's an actual upgrade rather than just PR hype.

i also did not understand why they changed the dynamic camera,
but with tele broadcast,custom camera settings to:
camera height :0
camera zoom:15
pro camera zoom:15
pro camera speed:20
pro camera swing:20
it comes close to the old dynamic or next gen standaard camera.

I am wondering the same but with it being 8gb for a nextgen title I am staying clear

I have my ps4 on pre order but debating cancelling it as I would only play fifa.

I don't think fifa nextgen will be until fifa 15 and then I think the PC version will be the same by then, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom