FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Been a PES player since pes4. Last year was the first time I tried Fifa13 this was whilst playing PES2013 by the end of the year #I had fully crossed over to Fifa. This year not even bothered with PES. Played the demo but tbh Konmai are taking it's customers for mugs.

Game came out totally unfinished, modes unplayable, stats out of date, graphics ie faces very poor, menus looked like going back 10 years. An to cop it all off today pc demo was released, that says it all.

Least with Fifa you can see somethings being done to make your gaming experience a good one. Regular updates.

I know Fifa14 has its bugs like any game but overall it is a great game and I am thoroughly enjoying playing it. Seasons, Co-op seasons and Ultimate team.
what is co-op seasons?

Hey lads, I recently purchased a FIFA key, which btw is something unimaginable for a long-time PES fan like me, but this year Konami crossed the line - what they've done is just disrespectful to their loyal fans who have stuck around for years despite the failure which every single PES title since PES 6 has been.

Anyway, this year me and some of my mates decided that we'd had enough of Konami's rubbish after testing the 11vs11 beta - they gave away thousands of keys but there were barely 20-30 people in the lobbies at the peak hours (8-9 pm). And therefore we hadn't played a single 11vs11 game! On top of that, the game was laggy as hell online, despite me having a quality 100 Mbit connection - that's just unacceptable!

So I booted up FIFA, it was a real shock how many things there are to do in this game! Tons of things to play offline and online - but I mainly bought it for the online experience. I started to play Pro Clubs which is very enjoyable. 1vs1 on slow speed against my mates has been awesome as well.

So anyway, I'm looking for a club, which plays a nice possession footie and doesn't just rush the ball forward and run around like most of the players tend to do - so I thought Evo-Web would be the right place to begin my search. I have played just around 15 games, so my Pro isn't that good (79 OVR atm), but I'm getting to grips with the game, I have started as a forward just to improve my Pro but when he's better, I'd like to drop back to central midfield - I very much enjoy playing as a CM or CAM because I'm good at retaining possession and passing the ball. I hope there are people here who would like to participate in such a possession-driven club which will be different than most of the other clubs on FIFA.

Anyway, if you want to play some 1vs1, 2vs2 co-op seasons or pro clubs (which is what I play most), add me on Origin - look for Rumbata19. :)

Its Seasons but you team up with an online friend to play 2v2 instead. Relegation and Promotion involved and I think cup games too. Its quality.

Can't wait for you and me to take on the world mate! :)

I just keep playing this because i'm in division 2 with my friend, in co-op seasons.
I don't understand why the defense fails so much, my left and right back runs all the field and forgot to come back to their positions, every counter attack is a goal. I must be doing something wrong because my defense is really dumb. And my CB always lose headers against smaller players don't know why.

Been a PES player since pes4. Last year was the first time I tried Fifa13 this was whilst playing PES2013 by the end of the year #I had fully crossed over to Fifa. This year not even bothered with PES. Played the demo but tbh Konmai are taking it's customers for mugs.

Game came out totally unfinished, modes unplayable, stats out of date, graphics ie faces very poor, menus looked like going back 10 years. An to cop it all off today pc demo was released, that says it all.

Least with Fifa you can see somethings being done to make your gaming experience a good one. Regular updates.

I know Fifa14 has its bugs like any game but overall it is a great game and I am thoroughly enjoying playing it. Seasons, Co-op seasons and Ultimate team.

My thoughts exactly!
If u are lover of older PES games, PES6 and before try FIFA 14! And its a quality game, AAA (well compared what PES delivers in some ways u mentioned).

Too bad i only have a PS3

I just keep playing this because i'm in division 2 with my friend, in co-op seasons.
I don't understand why the defense fails so much, my left and right back runs all the field and forgot to come back to their positions, every counter attack is a goal. I must be doing something wrong because my defense is really dumb. And my CB always lose headers against smaller players don't know why.

LOL div 2 r u kidding me? i stuck at div 6 i got manhandled, feeling luck not relegated

Its Seasons but you team up with an online friend to play 2v2 instead. Relegation and Promotion involved and I think cup games too. Its quality.

Just started on this myself. Frustrating that can only meet full assisted players since if you select manual nothing comes up.

One question, what's this cup about? How does it work?

Do you guys play assisted on seasons as well? I'm taking semi and probably coming against assisted players every game. In div 4. How much of a disadvantage is it? Did Fifa increase the general passing and shooting error for assisted this year?

Do you guys play assisted on seasons as well? I'm taking semi and probably coming against assisted players every game. In div 4. How much of a disadvantage is it? Did Fifa increase the general passing and shooting error for assisted this year?

I play on semi/manual in Seasons and IMHO it´s a big disadvantage, but I don´t like playing on assisted. There´s simply not enough freedom for me playing like this. Most of the players I play against use assisted and it´s like ping pong sometimes. I´m in league 6 now which has been really difficult to reach, played league 3-4 in FIFA 13.

Btw I´m playing with Dortmund and only get these teams: Chelsea (8 out of 10 times!), Arsenal, Paris St. Germain, Liverpool, Manchester United, Juventus. Why is that? In FIFA 13 I played against St. Petersburg most of the time!

I play on semi/manual in Seasons and IMHO it´s a big disadvantage, but I don´t like playing on assisted. There´s simply not enough freedom for me playing like this. Most of the players I play against use assisted and it´s like ping pong sometimes. I´m in league 6 now which has been really difficult to reach, played league 3-4 in FIFA 13.

Btw I´m playing with Dortmund and only get these teams: Chelsea (8 out of 10 times!), Arsenal, Paris St. Germain, Liverpool, Manchester United, Juventus. Why is that? In FIFA 13 I played against St. Petersburg most of the time!

The bottom line is that people are too competitive. I was just like you, except on 2v2 the differences of the disadvantages becomes magnified.

I've had to change the passing to assisted and leave the rest as they are, either manual or semi. I can't believe people use assisted for crossing, there's no power bar ffs. How do they enjoy the game then?

The passing has made a big difference, and I think it's fine because firstly, ea has upped the passing error this year and secondly, for power, I just use the through pass button as I have it on manual.

Have been able to get competitive since then. Must say it's a fantastic mode. Anyone knows how the cup works?

Why are retards invited to play such games. It's sprint ALL the time.

No build up play, just sprint fest. And lofted through balls attempts. Do they even watch real life football? O_o
Because this year is the most effective way to play online (Seasons/FUT). Try to play actual football against one of this "players" and you'll lose in 9 of 10 attempts.

how do you get its "much" better from that, it looks exactly the same as the PC version to me. Maybe it will be different playing it but it certainly wont be £400 better

After watching NBA Live trailers and FIFA ones, I can say, I was expecting much more from Ignite engine.

Sorry, but visually it's not impressive one bit.

It looks like PC games from 2-4 years ago.

However, if you look at BF4 and Frostbite 3.0 you see, why this engine is Next-gen ready ;).

A new update for PC has appeared.

Downloading right now, 60,18 MB. Wonder what new fixes will it bring...

PD: The exe says 1.3. I suppose EA will inform about it soon.

I really hit the sweet spot now on legendary I set the defence in custom tactics to 'contain' and adjusted the sliders just a little bit and I have found the perfect difficulty for me now

I can defend and attack plus the AI is still a challenge I also did a little test I editing some premier league players long shot stats nothing over the top but enough where now they shoot alot more outside the box

A new update for PC has appeared.

Downloading right now, 60,18 MB. Wonder what new fixes will it bring...

PD: The exe says 1.3. I suppose EA will inform about it soon.

I'd say its changed the ball weight somewhat ..crosses and shots feel far less floaty ..in fact crossing is brill now ..AI seems better but only 1/2 game in

I'd say its changed the ball weight somewhat ..crosses and shots feel far less floaty ..in fact crossing is brill now ..AI seems better but only 1/2 game in
One game played, but the only thing I noticed is that maybe, just maybe, headers aren't so auto-aimed now, as I've seen two or three of them go off-target.

Can't wait for you and me to take on the world mate! :)

Looking forward to hooking up! I enjoyed playing with a mate on Xbox but he got addicted to GTA and nobody else really fancies it. Don't know why as its a superb mode and its good to change it up now and then. Always up for teaming up buddy. Might have to wait til Xmas though :(

One game played, but the only thing I noticed is that maybe, just maybe, headers aren't so auto-aimed now, as I've seen two or three of them go off-target.

finding the AI ruthless on WC level and also manual passing feels more manual to me..maybe a placebo effect not sure but got hammered by the AI with some nice goals. AI also seems to attempt and miss tackles more and seen a few slides and also had my first non handball penalty..maybe conicedence

Back
Top Bottom