FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

I must lol at ai goalkeepers kicking the ball when pressured. Ball usually ends up 30m from the goal and I managed to score easily couple of times because gk was out of his position when kicking the ball.

I must lol at ai goalkeepers kicking the ball when pressured. Ball usually ends up 30m from the goal and I managed to score easily couple of times because gk was out of his position when kicking the ball.

Are you playing with increased CPU passing error using sliders?

Why? It's not like EA will make defenders less aggressive on the PS3 and psycho's on the PC, is it?

No, but you can edit database on PC, which you cannot do on PS3/X360.

If you try the things I posted above, it makes huge difference how you perceive FIFA altogether ;).

And I don't care for breaking the rules once more. I will post here what I posted in PES forum.

Before you accuse me of being other game title supporter or say I want people to play other game, no. You have own brain to dictate what to do.

But I feel, some people are just hating for the sole purpose of doing so.

Sorry, but people keep repeating lies about FIFA like mantra. Not to say other fans do it too with regards to PES.

FIFA plays football, but you get more possibilities to tune game to your liking on PC (the same goes for PES). You have tools which let you edit player/team database tables which gives you superior control on how teams/players behave, so yes, individuality is more pronounced after using for example Gameplayzed DB where Messi plays in False 9 position and is a handful, so is Townsend running down the wing, cutting inside and blasting it, etc.

If that's not enough, you can edit referees tables to be always strict and give fouls left and right. Not enough? Last step is to edit gameplay which for example Fidel does each year (or AP21).

Plus out of the box it is pretty much complete product. Not perfect in any sense, but finished product and you know what you paid for (including transfers update patch on Day 1 and gameplay fixing in 1 week after release).

Now I would forgive Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 a lot of it's shortcomings if it at least offered what KONAMI/PES Team promised: out of this world gameplay they focused on so much.

Sorry, but it doesn't even do that! After 2-3 weeks of constant, 5-6hrs a day playing, you see that gameplay is good in some areas, terrible in others. To sum it up and put precisely, gameplay is average at best.

Add to that missing stadium editor, only 20 stadiums in total,(with lack of SMALL grounds!), lack of faces, lack of licenses for clubs they had in previous years, UEFA CL License is a farce too as they cannot have Chelsea licensed even though they participate and were winners, or Borussia. I ask what is that license used for if not for clubs?! Presentation?! Outdated Master League system, unplayable Online (with lack of modes), 11 vs 11 beta without players to play online...

Add to that complete lack of PC support, poor game optimization, taking out Vsync/Frame skipping options from Settings, at times this game looks like 2008 game (due to terrible Level of Detail used).

Making us look like complete idiots with lack of demo, lack of release date on Steam, etc.

Now they say to wait till November for gameplay patch and DLC with over 800 faces.

It's not funny. Even if you want to sell this game, you can't as there are no buyers. That's has got to be one of the worst years in PES history and I doubt any patch will fix losing of customers and having them buy that shit for 2nd time.

And people wonder why Pro Evolution Soccer loses buyers each year and FIFA gathers new fans... Are you serious? Open your eyes.

You have been offered half-assed finished attempt at full price and KONAMI/PES Team feel absolutely no shame of doing so? Good riddance.

If I were in their position (we are 6 or 7 weeks after game release), I would cut the price by 50% now and apologize to customers who bought their product. Btw are there any news about what PATCH will change? What player faces will get added? This silence is saddening (Adam also went silent?).

Is this how you treat your customers in your company? (mind you if I did what KONAMI did, I would get fired instantly on same day).

I really wish we did have 3rd company to make football game. Maybe that would be wake up call for KONAMI (more than ever needed here) and EA Sports (at least they do try to improve each year and this time they again attack on 2 fronts in same year - NG and CG).

I am out of here for good now. Lie to your own reality with how great and awesome this new PES is and that it only needs some polishing in gameplay here and there. Not buying into that. It is missing just too much to even get sniff at what competition has to offer (both Single Player and Multiplayer).

There. If that wasn't stating the truth, I don't know what is.

I did try to contact KONAMI, no response till now. Returning the game is also now, not possible. Selling game on auction? Fine idea, but no-one will buy it.

Sure, I repeated this few times in PES thread, showcasing problems with vids too. I am not for praise one, blemish second game type of thing, but you would never hear PES fan say what I wrote above.

Believe me I did try to find positives in that game (check PC section or general section), but...

Something was bothering me for so long now. Why do PES fans became so shallow in their demands from game? Sorry, it's 2013. You pay money for game. It's your right, as consumer, to demand quality product for said money. I say: STOP. RIGHT. NOW.

If they fuck up, do not buy their games. I don't plan to. Unless, they do improve their game vastly in all areas off and on pitch, I am not bothering with that company anymore, at least when it comes to football games. We have been allowing them too much, they took shit dump on fans instead. We trusted them for too long, allowing them to deliver budget-level like games. I will repeat: THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED AND KONAMI/PES TEAM NEEDS TO TAKE NOTICE, FANS ARE UNHAPPY, SALES DROP MASSIVELY. Either they will bust whole PES Team, or get into grips with situation.

I am pissed off, since PES 6, I am waiting for proper PES game to be done. NEVER HAPPENED. What kind of lie will they present now? Hardware? New engine? Bullshit. Ask Kojima how it's done...

Football Manager and FIFA will have to suffice until 3rd party comes with ideas to make good footy game. Take the hint 2k Sports ;).

They don't have courage to even TRY and appreciate what FIFA has to offer in the first place. Heck, do they even know FIFA editing exists too?

Why do I post it in FIFA thread not PES? Because, I caused repeated offense called SPAMMING. This has nothing to do with PES vs FIFA wars nor do I wanted to start one in the first place. I just think there are areas FIFA is better at and that PES done some things right.

YouTube - FIFA 14 - Liverpool vs Arsenal - Legendary - AI vs AI - part 1 HD

YouTube - FIFA 14 - Liverpool vs Arsenal - Legendary - AI vs AI - part 2 HD

Still playing around with AI. Now need to mess up with sliders, but potential is there :D.

Och, I let it all go from my chest. I won't post much more of this stuff either and I can promise that ;).

The good news is that supposedly this is something that's improved in the nex gen version with the upgraded AI. But yeah, really bothers me too.

Also, if you're talking about the opposing team, make sure you're playing on Legendary. You get the best out of the AI that way and you can decrease the difficulty with sliders.

I do play on pc on legendary and tried some mods which where all very good but changed nothing with the AI Defence. Mostly i play as a PRO with the modded player cam which is zoomed very near, feels like i'm really on the pitch but the missing aggression becomes much clearer this way, sometimes i just stand around with my player and nothing happens, I wait, Ai waits for minutes !!!

Other thing i noticed that there is always one player which is supposed to mark you or at least to follow you, which is okay. But i in the middle of the pitch i ran from the right side to the left and back and the same player from the left side followed my movement 2m ahead of me all the way long without coming any nearer...
Maybye changing the Players Aggression stats with an Editor would help ?

how to disable 'tournament auto progress' ?? if i play 32 macth, there are 32 auto progress !!!!

No, but you can edit database on PC, which you cannot do on PS3/X360.

If you try the things I posted above, it makes huge difference how you perceive FIFA altogether ;).

And I don't care for breaking the rules once more. I will post here what I posted in PES forum.

I did try to contact KONAMI, no response till now. Returning the game is also now, not possible. Selling game on auction? Fine idea, but no-one will buy it.

Sure, I repeated this few times in PES thread, showcasing problems with vids too. I am not for praise one, blemish second game type of thing, but you would never hear PES fan say what I wrote above.

Believe me I did try to find positives in that game (check PC section or general section), but...

Something was bothering me for so long now. Why do PES fans became so shallow in their demands from game? Sorry, it's 2013. You pay money for game. It's your right, as consumer, to demand quality product for said money. I say: STOP. RIGHT. NOW.

If they fuck up, do not buy their games. I don't plan to. Unless, they do improve their game vastly in all areas off and on pitch, I am not bothering with that company anymore, at least when it comes to football games. We have been allowing them too much, they took shit dump on fans instead. We trusted them for too long, allowing them to deliver budget-level like games. I will repeat: THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED AND KONAMI/PES TEAM NEEDS TO TAKE NOTICE, FANS ARE UNHAPPY, SALES DROP MASSIVELY. Either they will bust whole PES Team, or get into grips with situation.

I am pissed off, since PES 6, I am waiting for proper PES game to be done. NEVER HAPPENED. What kind of lie will they present now? Hardware? New engine? Bullshit. Ask Kojima how it's done...

Football Manager and FIFA will have to suffice until 3rd party comes with ideas to make good footy game. Take the hint 2k Sports ;).

They don't have courage to even TRY and appreciate what FIFA has to offer in the first place. Heck, do they even know FIFA editing exists too?

Why do I post it in FIFA thread not PES? Because, I caused repeated offense called SPAMMING. This has nothing to do with PES vs FIFA wars nor do I wanted to start one in the first place. I just think there are areas FIFA is better at and that PES done some things right.

Still playing around with AI. Now need to mess up with sliders, but potential is there :D.

Och, I let it all go from my chest. I won't post much more of this stuff either and I can promise that ;).

Well done, I'm with you on that. Feel about the same.

Anyway, have you tried playing on World Class with Placebo's sliders? I am using his sliders except for default speed and acceleration. I think it works absolutely great. Good teams feel difficult to play against. You can actually feel the difference, I think it's one of those things that made Konami stand out last gen.

Are you playing with increased CPU passing error using sliders?

Yes but it would be unusual that passing error influences gk shooting (power).
Maybe it is first touch error.
It is amusing to see gk do the clearance shot, fall on his ass, the ball travels 30m and I easily head in the goal with gk helplessly trying to catch the ball. This does happen in real life, but not that often.

Last edited:

I do play on pc on legendary and tried some mods which where all very good but changed nothing with the AI Defence. Mostly i play as a PRO with the modded player cam which is zoomed very near, feels like i'm really on the pitch but the missing aggression becomes much clearer this way, sometimes i just stand around with my player and nothing happens, I wait, Ai waits for minutes !!!

Other thing i noticed that there is always one player which is supposed to mark you or at least to follow you, which is okay. But i in the middle of the pitch i ran from the right side to the left and back and the same player from the left side followed my movement 2m ahead of me all the way long without coming any nearer...
Maybye changing the Players Aggression stats with an Editor would help ?

Okay, i made some extreme changes and put the aggression of every player in the Bayern team to 99 and their team agression to 100 aswell as their pressing and put their width to 0.
The game was great, as the changes didn't affect the normal build up of the opponent because they do it well most of the times so there is no situation where my players are near enough to tackle their enemies. But when it came in to the final third the defenders tried to tackle much more with some success, so it was not that easy to play around for the other team near my penalty area.
As these changes where quit extreme there where some downsides:
The players left their position leaving gaps and when the tackling did not succeed my player was beaten leaving space altough.
But in someway this things are realistic because leaving gaps because of mistakes is what many goals are scored of so i will play around with these values but maybe leave them that way ;)

Edit: After some more playing i found that this edits also make players better reacting to loose balls so bad passes are more often won by the oppenent which i really like. Another thing is the high agressivity makes it very hard to turn around near or in the box, which is really realistic. Most of the time in real soccer a striker who gets the ball with his back to the goal has to play backwards because the defender is right behind. But in Fifa you could often turn around to the goal without getting tackled, now this is so easy. Will test some more especially in combinations with sliders...

Last edited:

for the people who play fifa on the PC

is it going to be on par with the nextgen consoles this year or behind?

I will only getting a nextgen console for fifa but if the PC version is on par I will stick with it and not bother

Yes but it would be unusual that passing error influences gk shooting (power).
Maybe it is first touch error.
It is amusing to see gk do the clearance shot, fall on his ass, the ball travels 30m and I easily head in the goal with gk helplessly trying to catch the ball. This does happen in real life, but not that often.

Unfortunately, and I could be wrong, but I think that pass error affects both gk clearances and crossing. I don't think I've ever seen a weird gk clearance on default levels.

It's def not first touch error.

I will only getting a nextgen console for fifa but if the PC version is on par I will stick with it and not bother

PCs have the current gen version, so no it will not be the same or on par with next gen.

Sadly not and I doubt PC users will get NG version anytime soon :(.

:TU:

Jeff Stelling mentioning halloween is a nice touch, said a couple of different things.

Also had guys in the wall on the CPU side get booked for dicking around, was this in the last one? Nice touch.

Yeah it was in the last Fifa I believe that you could steal a couple of inches and get booked if caught, as soon as the player starts their run up you can advance the wall without getting booked though ;)

Really looking forward to next-gen FIFA now, I skipped last year's game but have been giving the demo a chance, and with some slider tweaks it's been really good fun. With slider alterations I'm getting a good sense of player individually, I like the team mate AI (defensive midfielders actually drop off to be an easy option for a pass, move into attacking positions in the right moments etc. I'm also really enjoying the first touch error and the new L2 shielding mechanic.

I think the slider alterations to increase player individuality were to increase pass error, pass speed and first touch error. Really makes a difference to ball control. I also altered line height and line width to make the play more compact in midfield. Works really well without having to alter game speed.

Anyways, all opinions about next-gen seem to be that it's slower and more realistic, so it seems really promising.

Can't wait. I'm also looking forward to the new ability to easily edit and upload recoded videos via the PS4, too. Plus, coming from PES recently, actually having game modes to play is an added plus....

Last edited:

Really enjoying FIFA but one thing grates me.

Why dont the AI shoot? You know how many shots from edge of box Ive had against me in half a season? Id say two. I shit you not.

Can I adjust this? Last night I had player walk into my box and I thought he is going smack this in. But no, he decided to try and take me defenders on...twice.

AI not using long shots was also a problem in 12 and 13. Reason is that if ai player has a low shot power+long shooting atributes, ai decides he will pass or dribble.
Workaround is to edit player shot power and long shots to 75+. If you are on pc it is easier. If you are a console player, at least edit some omf, st and cf players in the league.

Also, edit teams strategy to shoot more.

Why dont the AI shoot? You know how many shots from edge of box Ive had against me in half a season? Id say two. I shit you not.

Can I adjust this? Last night I had player walk into my box and I thought he is going smack this in. But no, he decided to try and take me defenders on...twice.

Hi mate, as a fellow disgruntled (more disgusted) PES player, I'm interested to see you are enjoying Fifa 14.

I was wondering if you could advise on what settings/sliders you are using to ease the transition from PES to Fifa.

Cheers

This has been driving me crazy too. Not only do CPU players rarely shoot from distance but it's too frequent an occurrence that a CPU player will be inside my box with a great chance to shoot but opts to pass or dribble instead.

Been a PES player since pes4. Last year was the first time I tried Fifa13 this was whilst playing PES2013 by the end of the year #I had fully crossed over to Fifa. This year not even bothered with PES. Played the demo but tbh Konmai are taking it's customers for mugs.

Game came out totally unfinished, modes unplayable, stats out of date, graphics ie faces very poor, menus looked like going back 10 years. An to cop it all off today pc demo was released, that says it all.

Least with Fifa you can see somethings being done to make your gaming experience a good one. Regular updates.

I know Fifa14 has its bugs like any game but overall it is a great game and I am thoroughly enjoying playing it. Seasons, Co-op seasons and Ultimate team.

Just had a fantastic time with co op seasons. Pes will never have an idea like this. Maybe not for the next 10 years. Goodness, they can't even make their menus not lag. I just think Fifa needs consistent competition to keep updating and bringing new game modes. Unbelievable fun tonight. Hats off.

Hi mate, as a fellow disgruntled (more disgusted) PES player, I'm interested to see you are enjoying Fifa 14.

I was wondering if you could advise on what settings/sliders you are using to ease the transition from PES to Fifa.

Cheers

I'm not using any sliders at the moment but I will be trying placebos next session.

As a pes die hard it's hard admitting that FIFA is the better game now.

There are still a few things I don't like about FIFA. They are....

Crossing - always puts too much curl on the ball.
AI - as mentioned, the AI don't want to shoot.
Player Individuality. This is one area where I feel pes does better.

Other than that I'm loving it.

This time in 3 weeks I'll have NG FIFA which I'm really looking forward to

Back
Top Bottom