FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

For me Fia 14 =PES6 + :)

Havent enjoyed footygame since then. Too bad for the DB patch and mods since i have the ps3 version....might get it if all of mine friends like it and will to play it

Sh-It just got real.

Why can't people accept that FIFA has moved closer to simulation? Online bugs may be annoying but for offline players, it's enjoyable, atleast for me it is. And PES, it feels like a rushed product. All those giant killing marketing, they blew it in the end.

Unfortunately, there are far too many ridiculous things to consider it close to being simulation, for both games.

I agree the mechanics of the game are getting closer, but the exploits take away every single aspect of fun for me.

Would someone of you FIFA lads recommend me a decent place, where I can digitally purchase a rather cheap Origin key for FIFA?

Thanks.

For me Fia 14 =PES6 + :)

Havent enjoyed footygame since then. Too bad for the DB patch and mods since i have the ps3 version....might get it if all of mine friends like it and will to play it

So, what slider settings and whatnot are you using to compare it to PES 6? :) I'd love to know that. :)

Man I am so frustrated with FIFA at times it seems the AI gets "Extra time" when their losing against you and end up scoring on you well beyond the time given.

Sh-It just got real.

Why can't people accept that FIFA has moved closer to simulation? Online bugs may be annoying but for offline players, it's enjoyable, atleast for me it is. And PES, it feels like a rushed product. All those giant killing marketing, they blew it in the end.

Because each people is different.

Man I am so frustrated with FIFA at times it seems the AI gets "Extra time" when their losing against you and end up scoring on you well beyond the time given.

Yeah, the overtime is ridiculously long sometimes. Works both ways, I think, though.

Yeah, I think the only improvement we can hope for - and it better happen! - is an improvement on the PS4 over the laggy CM menus with the PS3. It'd be a disaster if that's not better. Hopefully the extra power of the PS4 will mean it's fixed.
There are no laggy menus on PC so 99% it will be ok on next gen consoles :))

Still the same shit-quality raindrops... C'mon EA, it's not that hard to fix.
I wonder why didn't they implement dynamic weather? It shouldn't be too hard. Start of match;Overcast. Rain starts to drop at the end of the first half. At the start of the 2nd half pitch wear changes.

I've pre-ordered the next gen version but one thing I'm really hoping for are some new camera angles, or at least more scope to alter the existing ones. Broadcast would be awesome if you could just zoom it in a little bit more.

Tele Broadcast also doesn't look quite right somehow, if only they could make it like the wide cam on PES.

Both dude:BOP:

Both? I don't think Exc. games are enough just to buy a new console(for now of cource) I am gonna buy one of them for Fifa and Battlefield..PS4 seems more logical to me but it will be hard for me to decide because ı am a long time Xbox user..

guys I find it really hard to score , I mean I have possession 65+ but im block on 30m far from goal and keep passing there LOL

not just score but even shots , I only got 2-3 shots for game ....I'm new to fifa and some tips from you guys will be welcome !

also is there a camera tool ?

Last edited:

You can edit the camera by creating a cl.ini in the game folder and put something like this into it:

PRO_CAM_ZOOM_MAX = 100
PRO_CAM_ZOOM_MIN = 0.025
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELE = 500
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 0.050

You can play with the numbers, but i have a question about it, too: Is it possible to have a cam similar to the player cam in PES ? I really loved this cam, gave me a completly new experience like i'm really on the pitch, not seeing what is behind me. But the pro Cam in Fifa is not the same, it does not spin around 360° like the player cam....
Any Idea ?

guys I find it really hard to score , I mean I have possession 65+ but im block on 30m far from goal and keep passing there LOL

not just score but even shots , I only got 2-3 shots for game ....I'm new to fifa and some tips from you guys will be welcome !

also is there a camera tool ?

Really? Think I need to go back to the default sliders, as my game has become far too easy.

Just bought some 29 year old defender called Sall.
A week after the transfer window closes the bugger announces he's retiring!

Yet I have a few old farts in my team who I don't have the heart to release/sell as they got me promoted .... and they keep going like the energiser bunny. Not a week goes by one of them isn't moaning about how little they're playing in the team.

Have EA even acknowledged this '29 yr old retires' bug?

Just bought some 29 year old defender called Sall.
A week after the transfer window closes the bugger announces he's retiring!

Yet I have a few old farts in my team who I don't have the heart to release/sell as they got me promoted .... and they keep going like the energiser bunny. Not a week goes by one of them isn't moaning about how little they're playing in the team.

Have EA even acknowledged this '29 yr old retires' bug?

You should tweet this to Munraj Hyare (@thisismunny). He seems to be the guy most involved with the details of CM, and I've had a running conversation with him this past week about the GTN, so he does respond to people.

This year's Fifa is playable. It is much better than Fifa 2013. Unfortunately it is still a bit too fast for me even though I have selected the Gamespeed as "Slow". Does anyone know how to make the game run slower?

This year's Fifa is playable. It is much better than Fifa 2013. Unfortunately it is still a bit too fast for me even though I have selected the Gamespeed as "Slow". Does anyone know how to make the game run slower?

If you are playing against the CPU, then adjusting the sliders will help the gameplay speed.

I actually started on Slow and used that for a few weeks before switching to Normal. Much prefer it but I think it's dependent on the camera you are using.

Does anybody else find that long balls upfield always gather pace once they hit the ground and go out of play no matter how hard you kick the ball?

Also, I've noticed that on Legendary the cursor change is pretty rubbish like last year but on World Class the cursor change is fine.

Does anybody else find that long balls upfield always gather pace once they hit the ground and go out of play no matter how hard you kick the ball?

Did you notice you can pull back on the stick after doing a long pass/lobbed through pass to put backspin on the ball to help it stay in a bit better? If you push away from you (as in to make your player run to to the ball) you put top spin on it this flatter trajectory more likely to go straight out of play.

Back
Top Bottom