FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

BXbYTopIcAAFre8.jpg

Hope it has. NG trailer in under an hour.

What trailer is that? Can't find any news of one.

Incredible how downgraded players look from the first Next Gen video (E3)...

They look more and more like the current gen players but in 1080p.

Check it out:
fifa-ng.jpg

Those cloth movments have been wiped out.

Wow. That trailer is first time ever I will clap EA Sports for. Amazing O_O.

However, I will also say that Ignite got already criticized when NBA Live gameplay footage hit YT. Player models especially look very bad on it and graphically it looks like NBA Live 07... :LOL:

Last edited:

Looks great, except 58 seconds in, seeing how wet the pitch is there's surely no chance that the players can stop and turn without sliding ever so slightly? :)

Incredible how downgraded players look from the first Next Gen video (E3)...

They look more and more like the current gen players but in 1080p.

Check it out:
fifa-ng.jpg

Those cloth movments have been wiped out.

Well that was probably pre-rendered, they never admitted it to be gameplay did they? Shame but ya know, devs "lie" these days :(

Absolutely, but bullshots seem to be the norm, even Rockstar who're almost as honest as they come obviously released PC screenshots for GTA5 without even announcing a PC version.

Imo don't expect too much. CM is probably the same in cg and ng (including the "features"). If they patch it in cg, they will patch it in ng.

Yeah, I think the only improvement we can hope for - and it better happen! - is an improvement on the PS4 over the laggy CM menus with the PS3. It'd be a disaster if that's not better. Hopefully the extra power of the PS4 will mean it's fixed.

Everything else though I imagine would come with a patch, for both gens, but what are the odds of that happening?

I've had a new bug (for me at least) in my CM: a loaned player did not return to his club (two others did), which is great because I've got little money and a small squad.

I've had a new bug (for me at least) in my CM: a loaned player did not return to his club (two others did), which is great because I've got little money and a small squad.

Is that from the start of the CM? I had a similar issue in that Jordan Spence who starts on loan at Wednesday from West Ham didn't return from loan until about 18 months later so it ended up being a season and a half loan! Obviously the same issue as last year in that the data editors set the wrong dates for loan expiry, at least unlike last year it's only a few players!

Is that from the start of the CM? I had a similar issue in that Jordan Spence who starts on loan at Wednesday from West Ham didn't return from loan until about 18 months later so it ended up being a season and a half loan! Obviously the same issue as last year in that the data editors set the wrong dates for loan expiry, at least unlike last year it's only a few players!

Yeah, he and a few others started out on loan at my team. Yikes, so I might lose him still...

I know people talk about the placebo effect but I'm 100% convinced the AI on patch 2 is alot easier to beat.

On world class I was getting 14 shots to their 6 so I restarted the Career mode after deleting patch 2 and the games have been so much harder now I have been having scoreline like 3-2 2-2 and the AI scores more variety of goals and around 8 shots to their 9 on average I certainly wont be putting patch 2 back on

Well, it's a well made video, but it doesn't really show anything interesting, except for the last second, that shot looks amazing! And alive. The rest is the standard zoomed up slow mo shots of players doing "awesome moves", which doesn't really show you anything (you could make those videos for Fifa 2000, for christ sake). I'd like to see some actual gameplay footage, from when playing, which camera angles are available and so on, and the actual reaction to the fans seen from the gameplay cams point of view when you score.

But! That very last second there, picture taken from inside Nou Camp, looks veeery nice. Impressed by that, but not by the glossy business-as-usual drum n' bass-pumped up glam-fest showing bicycle kicks and slo-mos. Who cares about that shit? :p

Although, I must say, the fans still seem to do the whole "everything in the same motion"-type of thing, where it looks like there is just one single animation governing the animation of all of them, like they are just one unit pulsating up and down, which looks a bit stupid.

Last edited:

He is? As he's deleted all my comments and banned me from posting on FSB I'd have to disagree, seems exactly the kind of cowardly move Adam would do.

:SHOCK: That's Adam style.Your comments weren't rude or anything like that.Strange world we live in!!

:SHOCK: That's Adam style.Your comments weren't rude or anything like that.Strange world we live in!!

The tedious part about it all was that any sarcasm in the way my questions were formed weren't directed at Asim but at EA as it's EA who strictly control what previews will cover by strictly controlling what the guys get to see when they visit etc. Unfortunately Asim obviously took my comments very personally and went off on me, and of course I responded in kind...

I know people talk about the placebo effect but I'm 100% convinced the AI on patch 2 is alot easier to beat.

On world class I was getting 14 shots to their 6 so I restarted the Career mode after deleting patch 2 and the games have been so much harder now I have been having scoreline like 3-2 2-2 and the AI scores more variety of goals and around 8 shots to their 9 on average I certainly wont be putting patch 2 back on

No, you're definitely right - single player is certainly easier post patch. I struggled on WC prior to the patch but I'm not having problems on Legendary now. It's actually just about the perfect difficulty level for me now on Legendary.

F14 now on ebay.

It's got a good core, ruined by so many, many, many cheap issues.

No football games for me this year :(

Anybody knows if i can turn the generic chants off ? Imported my own chants which are really great, but the generic chants and mine are played at the same time.

ok im probably missing something but why is Barca is a dogshit in Fifa?(no offence to Barca fans)

the high defensive line is one case but even with other tactics i concede 5-6 goals per match :O
i played online lost 5 games out of 6 in seasons, then switched to Manu and won 3 out of 4, get promoted, short quick passes doesnt seem to work for Barca and crosses well..everyone is 130 cm tall we know, so

how do you play with Barca?

Anybody knows if i can turn the generic chants off ? Imported my own chants which are really great, but the generic chants and mine are played at the same time.

Unfortunately they messed up the audio sliders with yet another bug this year, despite custom chants having a slider their volume is simply affected by the crowd chant slider, needs a fix by EA, don't hold your breath :(

Sh-It just got real.

YES Fifa and Pes = big shit this year

Why can't people accept that FIFA has moved closer to simulation? Online bugs may be annoying but for offline players, it's enjoyable, atleast for me it is. And PES, it feels like a rushed product. All those giant killing marketing, they blew it in the end.

ok im probably missing something but why is Barca is a dogshit in Fifa?(no offence to Barca fans)

the high defensive line is one case but even with other tactics i concede 5-6 goals per match :O
i played online lost 5 games out of 6 in seasons, then switched to Manu and won 3 out of 4, get promoted, short quick passes doesnt seem to work for Barca and crosses well..everyone is 130 cm tall we know, so

how do you play with Barca?

They have their tactic/formation done right. Barcelona is actually easy to beat if you ATTACK them. What you could see last year with Bayern ;).

You need to keep possession and pass around. Learn how to play final killer through ball with the likes of Xavi/Iniesta.

Go to Custom Team Tactics and lower aggressiveness and pressure to 1. They will defend deep then without rushing for tackle... (which leads to massive gaps >.<).

As for FIFA being shit, cannot say that. It actually is the best FIFA to date. After demo I wasn't impressed or happy at all.

But full game is different. After patch it requires to play football. Add Moddingway patch to the mix with edited DB and it's a blessing. Had to play this after PES which failed to deliver proper game for some time now.

Shame.

Back
Top Bottom